New bio says Kate Hepburn was busily bisexual

Patty

Feb 3, 2004, 5:08:57 PM2/3/04
Kate's 'L' world
New bio says Hepburn was busily bisexual
New York Daily News
Feb. 1, 2004

A new biography of Katharine Hepburn claims to rip open the star's
little black book of A-list lesbian lovers. "Katharine the Great"
alleges the lipstick thespian romanced many of Golden Age Hollywood's
hottest stars, including Claudette Colbert, Greta Garbo, Judy Holliday
and Judy Garland.
Author Darwin Porter writes that Hepburn had a lifelong romantic
relationship with American Express heiress Laura Harding.

Hepburn also allegedly had a sexual attachment to her close friend
Irene Selznick, the daughter of Louis B. Mayer and wife of producer
David O. Selznick. It is said that the two enjoyed breaking into
Hollywood mansions as a lark - and were once caught by silent-screen
star Ramon Novarro (later the murder victim of a pair of burglars).

First Lady Eleanor Roosevelt was said to have had an "infatuation with
Hepburn during the darkest days of World War II, which led to a series
of 'Oh, my darling Katharine,' love letters."

Porter also claims that Hepburn's male conquests included Ernest
Hemingway, directors John Ford and George Stevens, and actors John
Barrymore, Douglas Fairbanks Jr., Robert Ryan, Robert Mitchum, Burt
Lancaster and Paul Henreid.

If you're wondering what Spencer Tracy was doing during all this, the
book's answer is that he was getting cozy with Ingrid Bergman,
Paulette Goddard, Gene Tierney, Joan Crawford and Grace Kelly. Oh, and
Nancy Davis (later Mrs. Ronald Reagan).

Hepburn estate executor Cynthia McFadden and the actresses' friend and
biographer A. Scott Berg were not immediately available for comment on
Friday.

"Katharine the Great" will be released by Blood Moon Productions on
Feb. 14.

Preesi

Feb 3, 2004, 5:42:10 PM2/3/04
Patty wrote:

> If you're wondering what Spencer Tracy was doing during all this, the
> book's answer is that he was getting cozy with Ingrid Bergman,
> Paulette Goddard, Gene Tierney, Joan Crawford and Grace Kelly. Oh, and
> Nancy Davis (later Mrs. Ronald Reagan).
>
> Hepburn estate executor Cynthia McFadden and the actresses' friend and
> biographer A. Scott Berg were not immediately available for comment on
> Friday.

Cynthia McFadden is an ABC reporter,
Its odd isnt it, that Ms McFadden, a supposed NON Relative, was with
Katherine at her death
and also made executor of her will. Cynthia McFadden was adopted!
There have been rumors for years that she is the secret child of
Katherine and Spencer Tracey!

I created a photo comparision of the alleged parents and Cynthia, YOU
TELL ME!
http://mywebpages.comcast.net/preesi/CKS.jpg
--

preesi

~~~My Mom and her Sister skip cheerily, arm and arm thru the crowded
Mall loudly singing "Sisters, Sisters" from the movie 'White Christmas'
and you wonder why Im a weirdo?~~~

http://mywebpages.comcast.net/preesi/Portal.htm
(All 5 Of My Sites Under One Easy To Use Link)
http://www.PetitionOnline.com/Splenda1/petition.html
(Sign the Low Carb Splenda Petition-Get Liquid Splenda on the Market!)
http://www.petitiononline.com/KeepTWBS/petition.html
(A PETITION TO STOP THE CANCELLATION OF THE WAYNE BRADY SHOW)

2nz

Feb 3, 2004, 5:56:44 PM2/3/04
>Subject: Re: New bio says Kate Hepburn was busily bisexual
>From: "Preesi" pre...@comcast.net
>Date: 2/3/04 3:42 PM Mountain Standard Time

>Patty wrote:
>
>> If you're wondering what Spencer Tracy was doing during all this, the
>> book's answer is that he was getting cozy with Ingrid Bergman,
>> Paulette Goddard, Gene Tierney, Joan Crawford and Grace Kelly. Oh, and
>> Nancy Davis (later Mrs. Ronald Reagan).
>>
>> Hepburn estate executor Cynthia McFadden and the actresses' friend and
>> biographer A. Scott Berg were not immediately available for comment on
>> Friday.
>
>Cynthia McFadden is an ABC reporter,
>Its odd isnt it, that Ms McFadden, a supposed NON Relative, was with
>Katherine at her death
>and also made executor of her will. Cynthia McFadden was adopted!
>There have been rumors for years that she is the secret child of
>Katherine and Spencer Tracey!
>
>I created a photo comparision of the alleged parents and Cynthia, YOU
>TELL ME!
>http://mywebpages.comcast.net/preesi/CKS.jpg
>--
Hard to tell with all the makeup, but you may be on to something.

"There's an itch in my brain (and I can't get at it)"

Buttercup

Feb 3, 2004, 6:11:07 PM2/3/04
>From: eartha...@yahoo.com (Patty)

>A new biography of Katharine Hepburn claims to rip open the star's little
black book of A-list lesbian lovers.<<<<<<<<

I think if this were true Kate would have come out later in life before she
died.

(`*·.¸(`*·.¸¸.·*´)¸.·*´)
«´¨ `Buttercup ´¨`»
(¸.·'´`(¸*·'´'·.*`)`'·. ¸)

How do you like them apples?

2nz

Feb 3, 2004, 6:36:51 PM2/3/04
>Subject: Re: New bio says Kate Hepburn was busily bisexual
>From: butterc...@aol.comprende (Buttercup)
>Date: 2/3/04 4:11 PM Mountain Standard Time

>>From: eartha...@yahoo.com (Patty)
>
>>A new biography of Katharine Hepburn claims to rip open the star's little
>black book of A-list lesbian lovers.<<<<<<<<
>
>I think if this were true Kate would have come out later in life before she
>died.

Ya know, that WOULD seem to be her style, but maybe she just wanted her
privacy.

We are such creatures of little faith.

WeHoDomTop

Feb 3, 2004, 6:39:10 PM2/3/04
>I think if this were true Kate would have come out later in life before she
>died.

Not saying that it is true, but everything ever observed about her would
indicate she would not have come out while alive.

She was cutting edge on some things, but til the end very quiet on others.

Her post-death comments on Tracy came only after becoming close friends with
his daughter and after his wife died.

She would not have wanted to stoke gossip about her partners and invade the
privacy of their survivors.

WeHoDomTop

Feb 3, 2004, 6:45:20 PM2/3/04
On Cynthia McFadden

Were she Kate's daughter, it means that she would have been the first born of a
50 year old woman -- that would be freaky today, unheard of in the 1950s

Wishy13764

Feb 3, 2004, 6:57:23 PM2/3/04
Claudette Colbert's name keeps appearing in such 'expose'...so maybe its true.
I recently went to ebay and did some browseing of Hedy Lamarr's pictures...all
stunning, and one picture that was taken of her with an escort, showed Colbert
and Ceasar Romero as a pair on a date. Now, he was always mentioned as being a
closeted gay, as most of them were in those days..so it must of been a matter
of convience for both of them.

WeHoDomTop

Feb 3, 2004, 7:04:32 PM2/3/04
Cesar Romero was indeed gay, thus a beard in the picture

Tina

Feb 3, 2004, 7:12:10 PM2/3/04

It's true, Claudette Colbert had affairs with women like Marlene Dietrich.
Cesar Romero came out long after his star faded. I read an interview he did in
the 90s before his death talking pretty openly about his homosexuality. As for
Katharine Hepburn...I'm not sure if she was gay or not. My feeling is she
probably would have come out before she died. But you never know...

::::::Tina::::::

"Sacred cows make the best hamburger". - Mark Twain

Preesi

Feb 3, 2004, 7:17:15 PM2/3/04
WeHoDomTop wrote:
> Cesar Romero was indeed gay, thus a beard in the picture

My Moms boss was an actor in Hollywood YEARS ago...
He was a shoe salesman (in lieu of being a waitress) to make ends meet
for his family
in between acting jobs.
He was standing on the street corner waiting on a Taxi, and a white
Caddy pulls up, the
passenger door opens and the man winks at him and motions for him to get
in, My moms Boss
shakes his head NO. the door closes again and drives off
The Driver was ROCK HUDSON!
--

preesi

~~~Hegar Sounds Are Always Fun~~~

njs

Feb 3, 2004, 9:24:56 PM2/3/04

"Preesi" <pre...@comcast.net> wrote in message

> Patty wrote:
>
> > If you're wondering what Spencer Tracy was doing during all this, the
> > book's answer is that he was getting cozy with Ingrid Bergman,
> > Paulette Goddard, Gene Tierney, Joan Crawford and Grace Kelly. Oh, and
> > Nancy Davis (later Mrs. Ronald Reagan).
> >
> > Hepburn estate executor Cynthia McFadden and the actresses' friend and
> > biographer A. Scott Berg were not immediately available for comment on
> > Friday.
>
> Cynthia McFadden is an ABC reporter,
> Its odd isnt it, that Ms McFadden, a supposed NON Relative, was with
> Katherine at her death
> and also made executor of her will. Cynthia McFadden was adopted!

I always thought it was just because Kate had a crush on her.

WeHoDomTop

Feb 3, 2004, 9:41:27 PM2/3/04
>> Its odd isnt it, that Ms McFadden, a supposed NON Relative, was with
>> Katherine at her death
>> and also made executor of her will. Cynthia McFadden was adopted!
>
>I always thought it was just because Kate had a crush on her.

Once again,, Hepburn was too old to be her mother - she was 50 when McFadden
was born.
Let's stamp this one out real quick.

AlanWilliams

Feb 3, 2004, 10:06:05 PM2/3/04

"WeHoDomTop" <wehod...@aol.com> wrote in message

> >> Its odd isnt it, that Ms McFadden, a supposed NON Relative, was with
> >> Katherine at her death
> >> and also made executor of her will. Cynthia McFadden was adopted!
> >
> >I always thought it was just because Kate had a crush on her.
> >

> Once again,, Hepburn was too old to be her mother - she was 50 when
McFadden
> was born.

50 isn't necessarily too old. Google tells me that the average age for
menopause in the US is 51. OK years ago the average was probably less, but
Hepburn did live a long time so it's not inconceivable (pun intended) that
she was still fertile at 50.

> Let's stamp this one out real quick.

Alan

Fulla Bulla

Feb 3, 2004, 10:00:25 PM2/3/04
In article <20040203191210...@mb-m22.aol.com>, Tina says...

>Wishy wrote:
>>Claudette Colbert's name keeps appearing in such 'expose'...so maybe its
>>true.
>>I recently went to ebay and did some browseing of Hedy Lamarr's
>>pictures...all
>>stunning, and one picture that was taken of her with an escort, showed
>>Colbert
>>and Ceasar Romero as a pair on a date. Now, he was always mentioned as being
>>closeted gay, as most of them were in those days..so it must of been a matter
>>of convience for both of them.
>>

>It's true, Claudette Colbert had affairs with women like Marlene Dietrich.
>Cesar Romero came out long after his star faded. I read an interview he did in
>the 90s before his death talking pretty openly about his homosexuality. As for
>Katharine Hepburn...I'm not sure if she was gay or not. My feeling is she
>probably would have come out before she died. But you never know...

Coming out would have obviously exposed her as lesbian but also may have
'tainted' many of her known female friends as lesbian (whether they were or
weren't is immaterial....just being tainted can be ruinous).

Maybe she was just being practical about it. Why risk rumor and innuendo to her
female friends?

FB

mslinda

Feb 3, 2004, 10:38:03 PM2/3/04

I have a book from several years ago called The Sewing Circle that
mentions Kate as one of many lesbian/bi actresses. This isn't exactly news.

Linda C.

EatWelBWel

Feb 3, 2004, 10:45:08 PM2/3/04
>Cynthia McFadden

Interesting that she named her son Spencer.

Jule

Feb 3, 2004, 10:46:41 PM2/3/04
> I created a photo comparision of the alleged parents and Cynthia, YOU
> TELL ME!
> http://mywebpages.comcast.net/preesi/CKS.jpg

Well, she seems on the young side for it, but she does have some
cheekbones, and there is resemblance around the eyes as well...all
it'd take is a simple test to determine it. If she is Kate's kid,
then Kate kept one hell of a cache of secrets in her lifetime.

Calla

Feb 3, 2004, 11:15:45 PM2/3/04
wehod...@aol.com (WeHoDomTop) wrote in message news:<20040203184520...@mb-m23.aol.com>...

> On Cynthia McFadden
>
> Were she Kate's daughter, it means that she would have been the first born of a
> 50 year old woman -- that would be freaky today, unheard of in the 1950s

anyway, she doesn't look anything like Kate ... but she does look a
lot like Spencer Tracy.

Carmen Dioxide

Feb 3, 2004, 11:31:01 PM2/3/04
wehod...@aol.com (WeHoDomTop) wrote in message news:<20040203184520...@mb-m23.aol.com>...
> On Cynthia McFadden
>
> Were she Kate's daughter, it means that she would have been the first born of a
> 50 year old woman -- that would be freaky today, unheard of in the 1950s

Babies come when they want to, and it ain't over til it's over. Birth
control was not as sophisticated as it is today, the pill making its
debut in 1960. I know a woman whose grandmother gave birth to her
uncle at age 51. Not freaky, just nature's way. She thought was in
menopause, and...she wasn't. And it this type thing happened in
1897, 1935, 1944...you name the year. Back to Kate, Cynthia was a
very dear friend and was married at Kate's CT home. And the latest bio
(the one that came out this summer, after she passed) does touch on
the lesbian rumour.In her TV bio, Kate scoffed at talk that she and
friend Harding were "more than friends." I think it's exciting to
think she was bi-sexual! She was so unique, it just seems to follow.

Alex

Feb 4, 2004, 2:26:20 AM2/4/04
"Patty" <eartha...@yahoo.com> schreef in bericht

> Hepburn also allegedly had a sexual attachment to her close friend
> Irene Selznick, the daughter of Louis B. Mayer and wife of producer
> David O. Selznick. It is said that the two enjoyed breaking into
> Hollywood mansions as a lark - and were once caught by silent-screen
> star Ramon Novarro (later the murder victim of a pair of burglars).

Wasn't Ramón Navarro killed by two rent boys turned thieves?

There was an episode of "E! Mysteries & Scandals" or "True Hollywood
Story On E!" with A.J. Benza dedicated to it.

Alex

The Insider!

Feb 4, 2004, 2:31:28 AM2/4/04
You are very correct, this is hardly news.

As for Cynthia McFadden, she and Ms Hepburn were part of the same,
shall we say, social circle. The were birds of feather and
"sisters"...they trusted each other.

The fact that Hepburn brought her girlfrend on her honeymoon to her
first and only husband, a fact that she herself admitted, is a big
clue. It's amazing how open someone can be open and think that no one
catches on.

Billie

Feb 4, 2004, 9:20:20 AM2/4/04

Could she be her granddaughter?

Billie

Please submit your suggestions for 'Website of the Day' to: pusss...@aol.com
http://www.angelfire.com/celeb2/altgossipcelebrities/AGCWEBSITES04.html
BLIND ITEMS:
http://www.angelfire.com/celeb2/altgossipcelebrities/JANFEB04.html

Billie

Feb 4, 2004, 9:22:07 AM2/4/04
And we call Julia Roberts and Winona Ryder sluts...they're angels compared to
the old Hollywood stars.

WeHoDomTop

Feb 4, 2004, 11:42:05 AM2/4/04
>Could she be her granddaughter?
>
>Billie

Since Kate never had a child, highly unlikely

Ginger Grant

Feb 4, 2004, 3:07:31 PM2/4/04
Oh I think they were girlfriends or maybe Kate made an uncompleted
pass at Cynthia once. And get over this "bisexual" crapola, she was a
lesbian. Another, much more acurate book is coming out next year. This
one smells of exploitation alone, like the author wanted to be first
to get it in print. The truth about Hepburn's sexuality has been on
hold for a long time, it was not unknown to anyone in show biz. The
reason to out her? Since there is nothing wrong with homosexuality it
should not be hidden in favor of heterosexual fiction.

Tina

Feb 4, 2004, 4:09:15 PM2/4/04
Ginger Grant wrote:
>Oh I think they were girlfriends or maybe Kate made an uncompleted
>pass at Cynthia once. And get over this "bisexual" crapola, she was a
>lesbian. Another, much more acurate book is coming out next year. This
>one smells of exploitation alone, like the author wanted to be first
>to get it in print. The truth about Hepburn's sexuality has been on
>hold for a long time, it was not unknown to anyone in show biz. The
>reason to out her? Since there is nothing wrong with homosexuality it
>should not be hidden in favor of heterosexual fiction.

If she had sex with both men and women, doesn't that make her bisexual?

Tina

Feb 4, 2004, 4:27:18 PM2/4/04

Alex wrote:
>Wasn't Ramón Navarro killed by two rent boys turned thieves?
>
>There was an episode of "E! Mysteries & Scandals" or "True Hollywood
>Story On E!" with A.J. Benza dedicated to it.

Yep. Found dead with a dildo stuffed in his mouth....or was it up his "whoopsi
daisy"?

mslinda

Feb 4, 2004, 10:47:42 PM2/4/04

I think it was his throat - they used it to choke him to death.

Linda C.

Razzle Bathbone

Feb 5, 2004, 9:17:51 AM2/5/04
On Thu, 05 Feb 2004 03:47:42 GMT, mslinda <msl...@earthlink.net>
wrote:

Yes, and if I remember it correctly, it was a large black glass dick
that was given to him by Valentino.

Razzle-------------------

Tina

Feb 5, 2004, 1:27:14 PM2/5/04

Razzlebathbone wrote:
>Yes, and if I remember it correctly, it was a large black glass dick
>that was given to him by Valentino.

What a horrible way to die huh? Poor guy....

Ginger Grant

Feb 5, 2004, 11:12:30 PM2/5/04
Shhhh...But I doubt she had too much sex with both men and women. She
brought her girlfriend with her on her honeymoon with first (gay)
husband, that speaks loads... Most lesbians have had an early
relationship with a male, some even marry & divorce but that doesn't
make them "bi". Some people love that term, bisexual.

mslinda

Feb 6, 2004, 12:10:14 AM2/6/04

If fucking both sexes doesn't make you "bi," I don't know what does.

Linda C.

Tina

Feb 6, 2004, 12:13:08 AM2/6/04
Ginger Grant wrote:
>Shhhh...But I doubt she had too much sex with both men and women. She
>brought her girlfriend with her on her honeymoon with first (gay)
>husband, that speaks loads... Most lesbians have had an early
>relationship with a male, some even marry & divorce but that doesn't
>make them "bi".

Nor does having a same sex relationship necessarily make a person strictly
homosexual either.

Ginger Grant wrote:
>Some people love that term, bisexual.

Last I heard "bisexual" is a real term used to describe a person who is
sexually attracted to both sexes. However if you want to believe that there is
only gay and straight, so be it.

Corse

Feb 14, 2004, 10:59:00 PM2/14/04
Ginger,

Hepburn did not bring her 'girlfriend' on her honeymoon. That's a crazy
story made up by Anne Edwards who must be getting senile. The so-called
girlfriend was Laura Harding who was an heiress. As such, she and her
family frequently got into the newspapers. Katharine Hepburn got married on
December 12, 1928 and went to Bermuda on her honeymoon with her very
heterosexual husband. Laura Harding left for Paris on December 14, 1928
via an ocean liner to spend the holidays with her mother. Laura Harding was
in Paris when her father, financier J. Horace Harding, died suddenly of
influenza in New York on January 4, 1929. Laura and her mother were still
both in Paris when the funeral was held for J.Horace Harding. See the New
York Times, December 14, 1928, page 40 and New York Times, January 8, 1929,
page 30. To put it simply because I expect you aren't too bright, Kate was
in Bermuda on her honeymoon and Laura Harding was in Paris not in Bermuda.
Incidentally, the story about Kate taking Laura Harding on her honeymoon
isn't in Edwards' 1985 or 2000 editions of her Hepburn biography. Edwards
came up with this wacko story in a July 14, 2003 interview with Publisher's
Weekly.

Corse

"Ginger Grant" <123...@earthling.net> wrote in message

Tina

Feb 14, 2004, 11:12:02 PM2/14/04

Corse wrote:
>Hepburn did not bring her 'girlfriend' on her honeymoon. That's a crazy
>story made up by Anne Edwards who must be getting senile. The so-called
>girlfriend was Laura Harding who was an heiress. As such, she and her
>family frequently got into the newspapers. Katharine Hepburn got married on
>December 12, 1928 and went to Bermuda on her honeymoon with her very
>heterosexual husband. Laura Harding left for Paris on December 14, 1928
>via an ocean liner to spend the holidays with her mother. Laura Harding was
>in Paris when her father, financier J. Horace Harding, died suddenly of
>influenza in New York on January 4, 1929. Laura and her mother were still
>both in Paris when the funeral was held for J.Horace Harding. See the New
>York Times, December 14, 1928, page 40 and New York Times, January 8, 1929,
>page 30. To put it simply because I expect you aren't too bright, Kate was
>in Bermuda on her honeymoon and Laura Harding was in Paris not in Bermuda.
>Incidentally, the story about Kate taking Laura Harding on her honeymoon
>isn't in Edwards' 1985 or 2000 editions of her Hepburn biography. Edwards
>came up with this wacko story in a July 14, 2003 interview with Publisher's
>Weekly.

Well Hell...you sure did your homework! Since you have facts to back up your
argument, I tend to believe your story over Ginger's.

Zeb Quinn

Feb 15, 2004, 6:44:37 PM2/15/04
ronab...@myself.com (The Insider!) wrote in message news:<5dfcf435.04020...@posting.google.com>...

> As for Cynthia McFadden, she and Ms Hepburn were part of the same,
> shall we say, social circle. The were birds of feather and
> "sisters"...they trusted each other.

The Don Imus crew has joked openly about McFadden's sexuality for
years, long before The Great Kate's death.

> The fact that Hepburn brought her girlfrend on her honeymoon to her
> first and only husband, a fact that she herself admitted, is a big
> clue. It's amazing how open someone can be open and think that no one
> catches on.

Kate was bi. Not lesbian, bi. Too many known cocksmen in her past
for it to be otherwise. OTOH, she had prolonged and intimate
relationships with women. Ruth Gordon comes to mind. Kate liked it
both ways, but after Spencer died, one way. And that's where Cynthia
fit in.

Corse

Feb 15, 2004, 7:07:20 PM2/15/04
You are an idiot.

Corse

"Zeb Quinn" <nast...@hotmail.com> wrote in message

Ginger Grant

Feb 16, 2004, 1:31:06 AM2/16/04
But "Spenca" was a known lush, he was so damn drunk he couldn't sit up
straight most of the time let alone perform sexually. So...you'd have
to have 'ol Kate celibate from 1940 or so, not just after Tracy's
death. Or, have her lesbian. Bisexual would mean a person goes from a
man to a woman to a man to a woman, etc, and it is highly unusual.
What most lesbians do is have an early marriage or some relationships
with men in their youth, and figure it all out later. At that time
they only have a relationship(s) with a woman. They don't identify as
bisexual, but as lesbian, even if they were married had children.

Btw, I doubt that Cynthia McFadden was the only woman in Katharine
hepburn's life...

Jim Summers87

Feb 16, 2004, 2:49:10 AM2/16/04
>Bisexual would mean a person goes from a
>man to a woman to a man to a woman, etc, and it is highly unusual.

Bisexuality is really just created by a troubled relationship with the
parents of both sexes. Show me a bisexual who received a ton of love from both
mother and father? It simply doesn't exist.

Corse

Feb 16, 2004, 3:10:37 AM2/16/04
You have a very ugly mind which is, of course, your's to live with.

However, you can be sure that Porter's book won't include any allegations
against Cynthia McFadden because he's afraid of being sued for libel.
Porter is only brave enough to libel people who are dead and thus cannot sue
him.

Corse

"Ginger Grant" <123...@earthling.net> wrote in message

Ophie

Feb 16, 2004, 11:28:59 AM2/16/04
eartha...@yahoo.com (Patty) wrote in message news:<f0e77308.04020...@posting.google.com>...

Oh, and
> Nancy Davis (later Mrs. Ronald Reagan).

What would he want w/that ugly ho? She was and is, one of the ugliest
famous people I know of, right up there with the hideous Wallis
Simpson.

aaaaaaaaaaaaaaccck!

No wonder Hepburn bumped uglies if Spencer sank so low as to bed down
with Nancy Reagan.

aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaccck!

Chris Pisarra

Feb 16, 2004, 11:34:00 AM2/16/04
Ophie burbled to the world:

> eartha...@yahoo.com (Patty) wrote in message
> news:<f0e77308.04020...@posting.google.com>... Oh, and
>> Nancy Davis (later Mrs. Ronald Reagan).
>
> What would he want w/that ugly ho? She was and is, one of the ugliest
> famous people I know of, right up there with the hideous Wallis
> Simpson.

But she reputedly could suck a golf ball through 50 feet of
garden hose.

Chris

Ophie

Feb 16, 2004, 11:40:39 AM2/16/04
pusss...@aol.com (Billie ) wrote in message news:<20040204092207...@mb-m14.aol.com>...

> And we call Julia Roberts and Winona Ryder sluts...they're angels compared to
> the old Hollywood stars.

Look at all those horrible tales about Joan Crawford's notorious
promiscuity w/members of both sexes. Same w/Dietrich, who must have
had supernatural jaw muscles based on the amount of head she gave and
muffins she ate.

Merle Oberon was also known as being a major slut. She was getting
porked right up until the day she kicked.

Lana Turner and Liz Taylor never dated married men -- they married
every man they dated.

And I won't just pick on the girls.

Frank Sinatra and the rest of those Rat Packers used to reek of
coochie -- Frank went thru TONS of girls -- and penicillin.

Errol Flynn was a big ol'nasty switch hitter, as was Ty Power and
Marlon Brando.

We laugh at the young stars today, but I think they are nuns compared
to the old school...

DANTEDCON

Feb 16, 2004, 12:42:28 PM2/16/04
<<
We laugh at the young stars today, but I think they are nuns compared
to the old school... >><BR><BR>

Absolutely, I totally agree.
Has anyone read Darwin Porter's book, "Hollywood's Silent Closet"? It is
written like a novel but it contains the most outrageous sex scenes between
real life Silent Era stars and a lot of it checks out with fact.

Dante

Paulie Cottontail

Feb 16, 2004, 12:48:38 PM2/16/04
Man! Is 87 your age? Sexuality -- bisexuality, homosexuality or
heterosexuality is not something that is created in anyone by anyone
else -- it just exists in everyone. Sexuality is in everyone no
matter who their parents are, no matter how they grow up. They can be
Liberace or Donald Trump or David Letterman or Bill Cosby or Jerry
Lewis or Nathan Lane -- all people with some sort of sexuality and
completely different backgrounds and different family situations.

IMO, "bisexuals" are homosexuals who like to sit on the fence in order
to make the ignorant feel slightly better as in, "he just has to meet
the right woman..."

To the person who thinks this is nasty -- outing a celebrity ---
naming someone as gay is not a bad thing, homosexuality is not bad. I
am sure many authors would LOVE to out living celebrities but their
publishers are afraid of lawsuits. On the other hand, I doubt a
celebrity other than Tom Cruise would sue thse days, all it will take
is someone with the balls to out some living celebs. Then the door
will be wide open. Watch out gay celebrities, Your lies will no longer
do.

Tina

Feb 16, 2004, 1:17:42 PM2/16/04
Ophir wrote:
>Look at all those horrible tales about Joan Crawford's notorious
>promiscuity w/members of both sexes. Same w/Dietrich, who must have
>had supernatural jaw muscles based on the amount of head she gave and
>muffins she ate.
<snip>

Well in their cases the tales were true - especially Dietrich. She had an open
marriage and carried on affairs with both sexes. There weren't many actresses
or actors she didn't try to seduce. It was a power trip for her to see who she
could or couldn't get into her bed. Apparently her husband didn't mind her
promiscuity because he carried on his own long-term affair with their
daughter's nanny with Dietrich's blessing. Dietrich also felt that her own
daughter needed to learn the ways of Sapphic love by setting her up with a
lesbian nanny when she was 16. The daughter was appalled. But I guess
according to Dietrich's logic, being seduced by another woman was a rite of
passage.

Calvinwiggs

Feb 16, 2004, 2:58:23 PM2/16/04
>Subject: Re: New bio says Kate Hepburn was busily bisexual
>From: dant...@aol.com (DANTEDCON)
>Date: 2/16/2004 12:42 PM Eastern Standard Time

><<
>We laugh at the young stars today, but I think they are nuns compared
>to the old school... >>
>
>Absolutely, I totally agree.Has anyone read Darwin Porter's book,
>"Hollywood's Silent Closet"? It iswritten like a novel but it contains the
>most outrageous sex scenes betweenreal life Silent Era stars and a lot of it
>checks out with fact.Dante

She wasn't bisexual. The homo lobbying groups want to paint everyone
questionable with that stroke. Almost like Hitler wanted to do with the jews.
If they look like jews or act like jews they're jews. If he or she acts or
looks gay or bisexual they are. It's just nasty to paint people with broad
brushes. I'm not buying every hollywood star is gay or bisexual.

Tina

Feb 16, 2004, 5:53:14 PM2/16/04
Ginger wrote:
> Bisexual would mean a person goes from a
>man to a woman to a man to a woman, etc, and it is highly unusual.
<snip>

Not anymore unusual than being a lesbian. And you STILL don't seem to
comprehend the definition of bisexuality either. It means a person who enjoys
sex with both men and women. It doesn't mean going back and forth equally like
a ping pong ball between sexes. Oh I just ended my affair with a man so now I
must find a woman to fall into bed with because it's the lesbian's turn.

>Btw, I doubt that Cynthia McFadden was the only woman in Katharine
>hepburn's life...

I doubt she was the only woman in her life either - if there was even a sexual
relationship at all between them. It *is* possible that what they had was just
a close "friendship". Women do have them. I have a real hard time imaging
Cynthia McFadden, an attractive 40 something woman getting horny over a 90 year
old woman with Parkinson's Disease. So what if she gave her money after she
died. Hepburn didn't have any children to share her estate with so she gave it
to this woman instead of letting it go to the state.

Corse

Feb 16, 2004, 6:50:00 PM2/16/04
Tina,

Hepburn didn't give her estate to Cynthia McFadden. McFadden is one of the
executors of Hepburn's estate. The bulk of the Hepburn estate went to
Hepburn's siblings and their descendants. McFadden got a few pieces of
furniture. Is there any chance at all that the posters on these newsgroups
will get even the basic facts right?

Corse

"Tina" <lisa...@aol.comspamsuxx> wrote in message

Fulla Bulla

Feb 16, 2004, 7:24:25 PM2/16/04
In article <IGcYb.13453$zC3....@newssvr29.news.prodigy.com>, Corse says...

>Tina,
>
>Hepburn didn't give her estate to Cynthia McFadden. McFadden is one of the
>executors of Hepburn's estate. The bulk of the Hepburn estate went to
>Hepburn's siblings and their descendants. McFadden got a few pieces of
>furniture. Is there any chance at all that the posters on these newsgroups
>will get even the basic facts right?
>

>Corse

What? And spoil of fun of commenting on rumor, innuendo, and lies? Sheesh.

FB

Zeb Quinn

Feb 16, 2004, 9:39:58 PM2/16/04
toocuriou...@excite.com (Paulie Cottontail) wrote in message news:<cb89c42d.04021...@posting.google.com>...

> IMO, "bisexuals" are homosexuals who like to sit on the fence in order
> to make the ignorant feel slightly better as in, "he just has to meet
> the right woman..."

I dunno 'bout that. I've noticed that when somebody says that, it's
hard core hets and hard core homos that saying it, but I've known too
many people in my live long day who have been completely comfortable
swinging both ways, and in being in serious relationships of both
sexes, at different times over the course of their adult lives. I've
concluded that there truly is a sexual orientation of "bi." Come to
think of it, Kate Hepburn may be the quintessential female bi.

The hard core on either side are just frustrated and flustered, and
maybe a little jealous, that they haven't been able to win such
persons' hearts and exclusively over to their side.

Zeb Quinn

Feb 16, 2004, 11:36:17 PM2/16/04
"Horse" flatulated and talked out her arse like Jim Carrey, and
otherwise vouchsafed:

> Hepburn didn't give her estate to Cynthia McFadden. McFadden is one of the
> executors of Hepburn's estate. The bulk of the Hepburn estate went to
> Hepburn's siblings and their descendants. McFadden got a few pieces of
> furniture. Is there any chance at all that the posters on these newsgroups
> will get even the basic facts right?

And therewith remaining in resplendent igornance of the hows, whys,
and wherefores about McFadden muff-diving her way into Kate's inner
circle....

Hey Horse, maybe McFadden didn't want or need any of Kate's estate.
She got what she needed in other ways, ya think?

Tina

Feb 16, 2004, 11:58:00 PM2/16/04
>Tina,
>
>Hepburn didn't give her estate to Cynthia McFadden. McFadden is one of the
>executors of Hepburn's estate. The bulk of the Hepburn estate went to
>Hepburn's siblings and their descendants. McFadden got a few pieces of
>furniture. Is there any chance at all that the posters on these newsgroups
>will get even the basic facts right?
>

>Corse

Thanks for the correction. I wasn't sure what exactly she got from Hepburn's
estate. But the way some of these people are talking about McFadden's
relationship with her you'd think she gave her the moon.

Corse

Feb 16, 2004, 11:58:33 PM2/16/04
You are a moron.

Corse

Ginger Grant

Feb 17, 2004, 12:07:15 AM2/17/04
Tina, what I have said is from personal experience, not from books or
Oprah or movie magazines or the Merv Griffin Show!

ANYONE can "enjoy" sex with anyone. That's not what bisexual means at
all. It's about being able to fall in love with either a man or a
woman - not very common. Did you know that many straight women do NOT
"enjoy" sex with men at all? But they're still straight.

To Corse, who wrote:
"You have a very ugly mind which is, of course, your's to live with"

Honey, what I wrote has been written in many places, including Vanity
Fair.

Corse

Feb 17, 2004, 1:10:27 AM2/17/04
McFadden was a friend of Hepburn's. They met when Hepburn was well into her
70s. People have friends. Apparently, in the world of Ginger, et al,
people only have friends whom they have sex with. No one ever just has a
friend. I wouldn't waste my time on this newsgroup but I think there
should be some counter balance to the pervasive stupidity. Beside being a
friend, McFadden is an attorney and a very intelligent person. She was a
logical choice to be an executor of Hepburn's estate. She's fairly young
and can be expected to be around for the many years that the Hepburn estate
will continue to be active. Incidentally, from reading the will, I expect
that there will be more writings of Hepburn published including probably a
book of her letters. These will be further evidence of her heterosexuality.
There is information that hasn't been made public yet that completely
contradicts the very silly claims of Ginger and her ilk.

Corse

"Tina" <lisa...@aol.comspamsuxx> wrote in message

quatorzejames

Feb 17, 2004, 2:11:02 AM2/17/04
> > IMO, "bisexuals" are homosexuals who like to sit on the fence in order
> > to make the ignorant feel slightly better as in, "he just has to meet
> > the right woman..."
>
> I dunno 'bout that. I've noticed that when somebody says that, it's
> hard core hets and hard core homos that saying it, but I've known too
> many people in my live long day who have been completely comfortable
> swinging both ways, and in being in serious relationships of both
> sexes, at different times over the course of their adult lives. I've
> concluded that there truly is a sexual orientation of "bi." Come to
> think of it, Kate Hepburn may be the quintessential female bi.
>
> The hard core on either side are just frustrated and flustered, and
> maybe a little jealous, that they haven't been able to win such
> persons' hearts and exclusively over to their side.

why anyone who doesn't identify as "bisexual" would be interested in
trying to define it is beyond me.
we all deserve equal rights - what other point is there to
politicize?
i date guys, and i don't pursue women, but i did when i was younger.
i don't care to label myself, and no one else has the right to label
me.
i know several folks who are actively bisexual - most, but not all of
them are transgender persons.
they are bold, revolutionary underground divas who date up storm with
genders of all types...
and they are *real*!
they exist, and they are bisexual.
the earth ain't flat, either.
if you don't believe in bisexuality, that just means that you lead a
sheltered life.

mc

Feb 17, 2004, 9:02:24 AM2/17/04
123...@earthling.net (Ginger Grant) wrote in message news:<e490e143.04021...@posting.google.com>...

> But "Spenca" was a known lush, he was so damn drunk he couldn't sit up
> straight most of the time let alone perform sexually. So...you'd have
> to have 'ol Kate celibate from 1940 or so, not just after Tracy's
> death. Or, have her lesbian. Bisexual would mean a person goes from a
> man to a woman to a man to a woman, etc, and it is highly unusual.
> What most lesbians do is have an early marriage or some relationships
> with men in their youth, and figure it all out later. At that time
> they only have a relationship(s) with a woman. They don't identify as
> bisexual, but as lesbian, even if they were married had children.
>
> Btw, I doubt that Cynthia McFadden was the only woman in Katharine
> hepburn's life...

I thought she believed she was Kate's daughter??

MC...I can't keep up here ;p
Keeper of Giovanni Ribisi!

XSweetSue

Feb 17, 2004, 10:46:24 AM2/17/04

Merle Oberon was also known as being a major slut. She was getting
porked right up until the day she kicked.

so women who enjoy sex are sluts ?

Ophie

Feb 17, 2004, 12:16:16 PM2/17/04
calvi...@aol.com (Calvinwiggs) wrote in message news:<20040216145823...@mb-m11.aol.com>...

Good points, actually. I feel it has more to do with blind ambition
than sexual orientation. They sleep with whoever they have to in order
to make it. I am sure some of our biggest stars, old and new, played
for the other team if for no other reason than to advance their
careers. Esp. during the Depression era, folks were probably willing
to do anything at all to become a star, and today w/multi-million
dollar contracts dangling in front of your face, if an ugly old
effeminate queen who happens to be a powerful
agent/producer/director/studio exec wants to give you a hummer, what
are you gonna do? Get the hummer and maybe become a star, or go back
to living with your parents or in a trailer and waiting tables? You
will lie back and get serviced -- and become a star, or at least get
steady work as an actor, whether you are straight, gay or otherwise.

quatorzejames

Feb 17, 2004, 7:32:34 PM2/17/04
> She wasn't bisexual. The homo lobbying groups want to paint everyone
> questionable with that stroke. Almost like Hitler wanted to do with the jews.
> If they look like jews or act like jews they're jews. If he or she acts or
> looks gay or bisexual they are. It's just nasty to paint people with broad
> brushes. I'm not buying every hollywood star is gay or bisexual.

dude, you do it all the time on this ng.
anyone you don't like is a "homo" or a "dyke".
you stereotype *constantly* in your posts.
it's your raison d'etre, admit it, ya fag.

Paulie Cottontail

Feb 18, 2004, 12:23:05 AM2/18/04
As usual Calvin, you are waaaaaay off.

Hepburn was mostly lesbian, not bisexual and no, not straight. She
even dressed in drag, for chrissakes!

It's not a BAD thing to be gay, Calvin, you hair freak! It's not
"nasty" execpt in your ignorant mind. The "homo lobby group", Jeezus!
And you paint them as "Hitler"? You have major issues with reality
Calvin. Get get out of the house (or trailer) more often! You are one
of the reasons why gay people get so angry!