Re: Ed Conrad Goes mining up his ass

1 view

Immortalist

Sep 16, 2004, 1:24:45 AM9/16/04

"Anton Sherwood" <ne...@ogre.nu> wrote in message
news:10ki7nj...@corp.supernews.com...
> Immortalist wrote:
> > If the evidence was strong it would refute evolution and cause
> > a revolution, since I see no revolution, the evidence is either
> > weak or could mean something else.
>
> This reminds me of one of David D Friedman's favorite jokes:
>
> Two economists are walking along, and one says, "Hey look, there's $100
> on the ground." The other replies, "Nonsense. If there were, someone
> would have picked it up."

If the evidence was worthy don't worry fifty motherfuckers would be on it trying
to get nobel prizes from overturning everything. The comparison is deceptively
sound looking but is flawed because a discovery of that magnitude would be more
like finding all the gold in Fort Knox setting on the side walk sparkling in the
sun. You should learn more about how science works since it is hard to take you
seriously with weak inductive analogies like that.

But it is possible that the theory is about to turn everything upside down but I
doubt it.