Emissions Are 'No Longer Following Worst Case Projections'

1 view

Unum

Jun 21, 2023, 4:53:36 PM6/21/23
https://www.huffingtonpost.co.uk/entry/emissions-are-no-longer-following-worst-case-projections_uk_64888b3fe4b048eb9111db36

Apparently, world CO2 emissions are no longer following a terrifying worst-
case scenario outcome.

A Substack post by climate scientist Zeke Hausfather details how emissions had
rapidly increased at a rate of 3% per year in the 2000s, but over the last
decade or so, things have started to change.

He says that the slowing in emissions is due to the “rapidly accelerating
energy transition driven by falling costs of clean energy technologies, that
has led to a stagnation of global coal use”.

Hausfather says that we’re no longer heading towards the very worst-case
scenario outcome of 4-6C of global warming.

We’re not totally out of the woods, though – we’ll likely see a warming of up
to 2.6C. And that change may sound small, but it will still have a huge impact
on communities around the world.