Consensus By Censorship - We Have A Censorship Crisis Not A Climate Crisis - Climate Consensus Is An Illusion

AlleyCat

Aug 17, 2023, 10:11:27 PM8/17/23

Consensus By Censorship - We Have A Censorship Crisis Not A Climate Crisis

The censorship of a speech from Nobel Prize-winning physicist, Dr. John
Clauser, because he was about to critique one of the sacred cows of the media
and political class, is a perfect microcosm and a metaphor for the biggest
problem of our age.

Clauser recently expressed a view that there is no climate crisis, and when he
was about to deliver a presentation to the IMF criticizing the usefulness and
accuracy of today's climate models, he was quickly canceled.

John Clauser

Therein lies the crux of the climate problem, and indeed many of society's
problems: an elite managerial class, who don't actually understand the subjects
which are often very complex, have decided with extraordinary hubris to make
the discussion of the matter taboo.

The attack on Clauser's ability to discuss what the media will tell you is one
of the primary issues of our times is a scandal, and it is one that leaves
humanity in the dark while simultaneously accepting unproven hypothesis as
articles of faith.

How are we to know whether claims regarding the climate have any veracity, if
it is forbidden to question them or point out perceived logical and scientific
flaws?

The main stream media are the main allies in this censorship regime. The Irish
Times has a permanent "Climate Crisis" slot which can be filled with fear porn
daily. (A similar tactic was tried during Covid).

But we have a problem with the narrative that there is a "scientific
consensus" on this climate thinge and that only the "disinformationists" and
"conspiracy theorists" disagree.

Nobel Prize winning Physicist, Dr. John Clauser, is about three standard
deviations more qualified to speak about complex systems, and science in
general, than most of commentators in the Irish media, yet these mediocre hacks
would likely argue that someone like Dr. Clauser should be kept away from the
public because of his "dangerous" ideas.

CENSORING CLAUSER

Clauser's case is a perfect microcosm of the censorship regime that controls
the public perception of the climate issue.

Gript readers might remember John Gibbons, in his habitual shrill way,
denouncing Michael Fitzmaurice (notable because he is a rural TD and has an
idea of what will happen to food supplies and rural life if the crazy policies
of the hysterical green elite are implemented) and proclaiming "no flat
earthers, no climate deniers. Full stop."

Would this group of luddite "climate deniers" include Clauser - a Nobel prize
winning physicist who proved, experimentally, the theory of quantum
entanglement, thus adjudicating between Einstein and Niels Bohr on the nature
of matter, and establishing once and for all who was correct?

Yet, in the upside-down world of climate alarmism, his scientific might is
likely considered less important than the self-important virtue-signalling of
journalists and editors the Irish commentary sphere.

Clauser clearly has a level of scientific comprehension and raw intelligence
that towers above anybody commenting on science in the Irish establishment
media, so why do these mediocrities assume they have the right to disbar
Clauser's contribution to this scientific discussion?

Clauser is not alone by the way. There are many eminent scientists - mainly
established scientists well past the age where they fear for their career -
with a deep understanding of the many theories that contribute to the catchall
term "climate science," who reject the premise of the "climate emergency".

There are also multiple examples of scientists who dispelled specific
falsehoods of the climate narrative, who were subsequently cancelled by their
scientific funding institutions, from their universities, and from their
careers.

People such as Susan Crockford (who disproved that favourite of climate
hysterics falsehoods -that the polar bears are going extinct because of climate
change), and Dr. Peter Ridd (the oceanographer and former head of physics of
James Cook University, Australia, who was fired for noticing the discrepancies
and sheer shodiness in coral reef research).

At the risk of boring the reader with tautology it's worth hammering this point
home. Surely a person who has solved the problem of quantum entanglement, and
proved it experimentally, is worth listening to when he chimes in on the AGW
(Anthropegenic Global Warming) debate.

However that is not how the IEO (International Evaluations Office, a subsidiary
of the IMF), organisers of a zoom conference thought, when they cancelled a
presentation which Dr. Clauser had been booked to give on July 27 this year.

Clauser was set to give a presentation which he titled "Howe Much Can We Trust
IPCC Climate Predictions". In a flyer for his presentation he said he "will
explain why the science on global warming is far from settled and argue that
extreme caution may be warranted when settling economic policy on over
simplified views of the Earth's climate system.." (my emphasis)

MEDIA SPIN

That highlighted piece is very salient. The simplification of complex theory -
which chaotic fluid dynamics (related to climate systems) most assuredly is -
for public digestion, has given the spin doctors the opportunity for
catastrophising the climate threat.

If you were to read, as I have read, chapters from the (2018) Intergovernmental
Panel on Climate Change (IPCC reports) and then read the "Summary For Policy
Makers" chapter, and then read the press release, you might be surprised by how
the claims in the press release are constructed.

Having read the documents, I know the distance in exaggeration and hyperbole
that comes between the IPCC report itself and the "red Letter" warnings that
are eventually distributed to the public. Contributors to the IPCC reports
frequently make this point.

A former lead author of one of these IPCC reports, Richard Lindzen, in a
conversation with Jordan Peterson, explains how this happens. It's a convoluted
process of crafted political messaging. I have serious doubts that most of the
Irish media writing fear-mongering headlines bothered to actually read the
IPCC's reports.

https://youtu.be/7LVSrTZDopM

And if we investigate who cancelled Clauser's "dangerous" talk, the result is
quite revealing.

According to a spokesman from the CO2 Coalition, of which Clauser is a member,
his talk was cancelled by the Director of the Independent Evaluation Office of
the International Monetary Fund, Pablo Moreno, after he had read the above
flyer.

So who is Moreno and what has he contributed to the knowledge of science? If we
look at his resume it all becomes clear. He is an administrative manager, the
perfect candidate to manage conformity within a bloated bureaucracy.

For people such as this, the most viable and profitable career path is as an
administrator in one of the network of corrupting bureaucracies that manage the
meta-narratives of global governance. This is a career best suited perhaps, not
to extraordinary talent, but extraordinary conformity. It's not unlike the
intellectual conformity that characterises a career path in the various elite
bubbles that run Ireland Inc.

This is a major component of the censorship industrial complex. Other
components include "science educators" such as the goonish "Bill Nye The
Science Guy', who seems happy to consider imprisonment of those who criticise
the climate cult.

It is because the managerial class, including their allies in the MSM, are
playing their part in the censorship regime that there exists the illusion that
there is "scientific consensus" on a "climate emergency".

This is the biggest falsehood in the climate discussion created by the
"censorship industrial complex" - a term coined by environmentalist Michael
Shellenberger after his uncovering of the massive levels of censorship
collaboration between the US state and multinational big tech corporations when
he looked into the back end of the twitter files.

The main stream presses job in this unholy alliance between the managerial
class, the quasi-global government, and the captured institutions is to create
this illusion of consensus.

But in what fevered and delusional universe, are climate alarmists qualified to
pull rank on Clauser and denounce his scientific knowledge? This is the
universe of censorship they inhabit. None of these hacks or bureaucrats have
contributed landmark discoveries to the scientific understanding of nature.
Clauser has. The argument on who has a right to speak and be heard should end
there!

Serious scientists know that claiming to be "scientific educators" is often the
refuge of those those unable to contribute any significant insight. In this
case all they are doing is spinning and censoring. A little epistemic humility
on their part would not go astray.

Climate Consensus Is An Illusion

What is very obvious from what I have discussed above is that there is no
consensus on climate. The "consensus" that we are constantly assured of is an
illusion created by the censorship in which the media are willing participants.

It is a web of careerists who understand that compliance is the guaranteed way
to forge a career when you lack the ability to contribute unique insight to the
advancement of knowledge.

Institutional capture is part of the method that makes sure that the narrative
is not contested within the funded institutions; and the means of communication
is the other half. Much of the main stream media, it is increasingly obvious,
are nothing but a modern Pravda.

It is no wonder they are dying and clamouring for public funding to keep them
afloat. They may get it too, because how else can an illegitimate regime
maintain itself without a propaganda arm. After all, as every corrupt regime
knows, the ministry of truth has to be funded.

Clauser understands this. In his Quantum 2023 presentation he said of the
actors within the censorship complex: "To such a promoter, perception of truth
is truth. If you can sell it, it must be true. If you can't sell it, it must be
false. Perception of truth is also malleable. If you can sell it, if you want
to sell it, and you can't sell it, that's easy, you change it. You can change
truth. You can claim false observations if necessary."

But his advice to young scientists was edifying

"Beware. If you're doing good science, it may lead you into politically
incorrect areas. If you're a good scientist, you will follow them. I have
several I won't have time to discuss, but I can confidently say there is no
real climate crisis, and that climate change does not cause extreme weather
events."

Now that might cause the likes of Moreno and the fleet street crew to blanch,
but if they or the media had a shred of integrity they would counter with their
arguments instead of trying to cancel the speaker.

=====

August... So Hot!

Record Cold Denver

Historic Snow pack Leads To Full Utah Reservoirs

B.C. Glaciers 28-49% Thicker Than Models Estimated

Record Cold Myanmar

Pakistan's Frigid 2023

Australia's Snow Warnings

U.S. Burn Acreage Fourth-Lowest on Record (Since 1926)

UT And CO Still Have Snow

Barrier Reef Holding On To Record Coral Gains

German Mountains See 4-Inches of Summer Snow

Cold Julys From Fiji To The UK

Historically Cold Italy

U.S. Ski Industry Reports Record-Breaking 65.4 Million Skier Visits Last Season

Cold Ireland

Cool U.S.

"Unusual" Temperature Drop Recorded Across Pacific Islands

Record-Cold Sweeps Europe As "Intense Snow" Continues To Pound Italy And Spain

Almanac Predicts Cold, Snowy Winter For U.S.

New August Low For Rapa Island

Europe's Colder-Than-Average (And Snowy) July

UK's Historically Cold Summer Drags On

Greenland Ice Sheet Uptick

Sierra Snow pack 1000% of Normal

Svalbard Polar Bears Enjoy Above Average Ice

Bret Cahill

Aug 18, 2023, 5:45:03 AM8/18/23
Just because everyone thinks deniers are as worthless as a fart in a dust devil doesn't mean you are being censored.

It just means you can't bs yer way out of a wet paper bag so everyone is laughing at you.

Kym Horsell

Aug 18, 2023, 1:16:29 PM8/18/23
On Friday, August 18, 2023 at 7:45:03 PM UTC+10, Bret Cahill wrote:
> Just because everyone thinks deniers are as worthless as a fart in a dust devil doesn't mean you are being censored.
>
> It just means you can't bs yer way out of a wet paper bag so everyone is laughing at you.

Da censyship crithis is sooo bad
fake indusy-run sciency magzin compies are closin down and
Alleycrap Compootas kin only cut an paste 50 peeses of crap a day.
Ith all sew unfare!

--
Removing carbon from Earth's atmosphere may not 'fix' climate change
Space.com, 28 Jul 2023