Between The Immense Hunga Tonga Eruption And Developing El Nino, We Could Be In For Water Vapor-Caused Warming Lasting Years

AlleyCat

Aug 10, 2023, 12:45:18 AM8/10/23

Between the immense Hunga Tonga eruption and developing El Niño, we could be in
for water vapor-caused warming lasting years.

Though this warming will have nothing to do with manmade CO2 emissions, you can
bet that climate hoaxers will ignore that inconvenient reality.

We don't control the climate. Nature does via the big yellow ball in the sky,
the white things that float by it and the Earth's geothermal (volcanic)
activity, especially under the oceans.

This new Hunga Tonga ?? research study (in peer review) is revelatory.
Seriously, we need to consider the volcano as an unexpected, decade-long,
natural warming spike.

The greenhouse warming effect of 40 trillion gallons of water vapor in the
stratosphere may have just kicked in recent months and will persist and peak
for 3-7 years ???? Wow!

Large areas of additional 1.5°C regional warming on top of El Niño and whatever
else is going on.

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/F2-mMTWW0AAnY8W?format=jpg&name=900x900

New pre-print argues HTHH eruption has profound effects on global climate,
including temps & precip & will continue to have effects for the rest of decade

Long-term surface impact of Hunga Tonga-Hunga Ha'apai-like stratospheric water
vapor injection

https://essopenarchive.org/users/304243/articles/657090-long-term-surface-
impact-of-hunga-tonga-hunga-ha-apai-like-stratospheric-water-vapor-injection?

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/F27u6DKaUAAq4vw?format=png&name=small

=====

August... so hot!

Historically Cold Italy

U.S. Ski Industry Reports Record-Breaking 65.4 Million Skier Visits Last Season

Cold Ireland

Cool U.S.

"Unusual" Temperature Drop Recorded Across Pacific Islands

Record-Cold Sweeps Europe As "Intense Snow" Continues To Pound Italy And Spain

Almanac Predicts Cold, Snowy Winter For U.S.

New August Low For Rapa Island

Europe's Colder-Than-Average (And Snowy) July

UK's Historically Cold Summer Drags On

Greenland Ice Sheet Uptick

Sierra Snow pack 1000% of Normal

Svalbard Polar Bears Enjoy Above Average Ice

Siri Cruise

Aug 10, 2023, 1:29:33 AM8/10/23
AlleyCat wrote:
> The greenhouse warming effect of 40 trillion gallons of water vapor in the
> stratosphere may have just kicked in recent months and will persist and peak
> for 3-7 years ???? Wow!

And once in the air, water stays in the air.

--
Siri Seal of Disavowal #000-001. Disavowed. Denied. @
'I desire mercy, not sacrifice.' /|\

AlleyCat

Aug 10, 2023, 2:18:35 AM8/10/23

On Wed, 9 Aug 2023 22:29:28 -0700, Siri Cruise says...

> > The greenhouse warming effect of 40 trillion gallons of water vapor in the
> > stratosphere may have just kicked in recent months and will persist and peak
> > for 3-7 years Wow!
>
> And once in the air, water stays in the air.

Thanks for the not unfunny or unclever comment.

And that's why water vapour is a forcing that "out-weighs" the pittance of CO²
in the atmosphere, (of which man is responsible for the even smaller pittance
of 3%) and has a MUCH more profound effect on weather and climate than that
CO².

=====

NASA - Water Vapor Confirmed As Major Player In Climate Change

https://www.nasa.gov/topics/earth/features/vapor_warming.html

INCREASING WATER VAPOR LEADS TO WARMER TEMPERATURES, which causes more water
vapor to be absorbed into the air. Warming and water absorption increase in a
spiraling cycle. Based on climate variations between 2003 and 2008, the energy
trapped by water vapor is shown from southern to northern latitudes, peaking
near the equator.

Will Runaway Water Warm The World

AS THE EARTH HEATS UP MORE WATER WILL MAKE ITS WAY INTO THE ATMOSPHERE,
TRAPPING EVEN HEAT NEAR THE SURFACE. ... AND HUMIDITY IS ONE OF THE PRIMARY
FACTORS that will influence how much the climate will warm over the next
century. If the humidity of the atmosphere does indeed increase, it can as much
as double the warming from carbon dioxide ...
News Topics

News Topics - NASA - Water Vapor Confirmed as Major Player in Climate Change

=====

Steamy Relationships: How Atmospheric Water Vapor Amplifies Earth's Greenhouse
Effect

https://climate.nasa.gov/explore/ask-nasa-climate/3143/steamy-relationships-
how-atmospheric-water-vapor-amplifies-earths-greenhouse-effect/

8 Feb 2022(The United Nations" Intergovernmental Panel on Climate Change Sixth
Assessment Report states total atmospheric water vapor is increasing 1 to 2%
per decade.) For every degree Celsius that Earth's atmospheric temperature
rises, the amount of water vapor in the atmosphere can increase by about 7%,
according to the laws of thermodynamics.

=====

Water Vapor And The Dynamics Of Climate Changes - Schneider - 2010 ...

https://agupubs.onlinelibrary.wiley.com/doi/full/10.1029/2009 - RG000302

[5] Dynamic effects of water vapor in the global circulation of the atmosphere
have typically been discussed in the context of specific past climates, such as
that of the Last Glacial Maximum (LGM), or possible future climate changes in
response to increased concentrations of greenhouse gases.

=====

The Climatic Effects Of Water Vapour - Physics World

https://physicsworld.com/a/the-climatic-effects-of-water-vapour/

CONTRARY TO COMMON BELIEF, THE GREENHOUSE EFFECT MAY HAVE MORE TO DO WITH WATER
IN OUR ATMOSPHERE THAN GASES SUCH AS CARBON DIOXIDE Figure 2 Extreme variations
in local weather and the seasons make it easy for people to mutter "greenhouse
effect", and blame everything on carbon dioxide.

=====

Stratospheric Water Vapor Affecting Atmospheric Circulation | Nature ...

3 Jul 2023 - Through this circulation pathway, lowermost stratospheric water
vapor variations can affect tropospheric circulation and weather, and may cause
strong regional climate effects.

=====

Will Runaway Water Warm The World?

https://earthobservatory.nasa.gov/features/WaterVapor/water_vapor2.php

As anyone who lives in a humid climate can attest, water traps heat being
radiated from the Earth. In effect, water vapor envelops the Earth in a thick,
steamy blanket. ... which leads to more water vapor... The loop is called the
water vapor feedback, and it has the potential to be a serious problem.
Sherwood explains. ... its effect is much ...

=====

Climate Change: Warming And Water Vapor - Reasons To Believe

https://reasons.org/explore/publications/articles/climate-change-warming-and-
water-vapor

In an article published by Science (2010), 3 researchers suggest extra water
vapor that reached the stratosphere in the 1980s and 1990s enhanced climate
warming in the 90s up to 30 percent. Conversely, a 10 percent reduction in
stratospheric water vapor observed during the 2000 - S may have slowed warming
by 25 percent. 4

=====

Tonga Eruption Blasted Unprecedented Amount Of Water Into Stratosphere ...

https://climate.nasa.gov/news/3204/tonga-eruption-blasted-unprecedented-amount-
of-water-into-stratosphere/

2 Aug 2022 - In Brief: The huge amount of water vapor hurled into the
atmosphere, as detected by NASA's Microwave Limb Sounder, could end up
temporarily warming Earth's surface. When the Hunga Tonga-Hunga Ha'apai volcano
erupted on Jan. 15, it sent a tsunami racing around the world and set off a
sonic boom that circled the globe twice.

Kym Horsell

Aug 10, 2023, 3:02:33 AM8/10/23
On Thursday, August 10, 2023 at 3:29:33 PM UTC+10, Siri Cruise wrote:
> AlleyCat wrote:
> > The greenhouse warming effect of 40 trillion gallons of water vapor in the
> > stratosphere may have just kicked in recent months and will persist and peak
> > for 3-7 years ???? Wow!
> And once in the air, water stays in the air.

Alleycat is an innumerate nitwit doesnt understand humor or how precipitation works. Probably never heard of it.

I remember the last time some nitwit tried to put up some pissant volcanic explosion against eveday solar power.

At least they picked the Toba event as their example.

But we put up a graph of the world temp for the past 1/4 mn years and asked him to point at the blip that was that blast, if he could find it.

He couldn't.

--
The sun eats volcanos for breakfast.
The avg amount of energy reaching the surface of

Bret Cahill

Aug 10, 2023, 6:01:33 AM8/10/23

> Between the immense Hunga Tonga eruption and developing El Niño, we could be in
> for water vapor-caused warming lasting years.

Trump will need better AC at Eglin.

Alan

Aug 10, 2023, 11:00:30 AM8/10/23
On 2023-08-09 21:45, AlleyCat wrote:

> Between the immense Hunga Tonga eruption and developing El Niño, we could be in
> for water vapor-caused warming lasting years.

But you've been insisting warming isn't happening?

Explain, Pussey.

:-)

Alan

Aug 10, 2023, 11:11:32 AM8/10/23
On 2023-08-09 23:18, AlleyCat wrote:

> On Wed, 9 Aug 2023 22:29:28 -0700, Siri Cruise says...
>
>>> The greenhouse warming effect of 40 trillion gallons of water vapor in the
>>> stratosphere may have just kicked in recent months and will persist and peak
>>> for 3-7 years Wow!
>>
>> And once in the air, water stays in the air.
>
> Thanks for the not unfunny or unclever comment.
>
> And that's why water vapour is a forcing that "out-weighs" the pittance of CO²
> in the atmosphere, (of which man is responsible for the even smaller pittance
> of 3%) and has a MUCH more profound effect on weather and climate than that
> CO².

So you want to deny that it's warming...

...AND claim that the warming is happening but not being contributed to
by humans.

Got it.

Unum

Aug 10, 2023, 1:06:34 PM8/10/23
One day its warming but not because of humans, the next day there's
no global warming, then next day it was warm some time in the past
so this is more of the same. It all depends on which lieblog ratboy
happened to be looking at.

Kym Horsell

Aug 10, 2023, 2:40:57 PM8/10/23
I goto a minor lol when he/they complained you were talking about extreme cold when the world was actualy warming. Then he went on to complain about the terrible terrible cold some place up a 5 km mountain someplace.

The guy is let's say a bit scatterbrained.

Sigh. In the old days at least climate deniers got close to the normal intelligence range. They seem to be hiring just anybody these days.

AlleyCat

Aug 10, 2023, 8:43:35 PM8/10/23

[...]

German Mountains See 4-Inches Of Summer Snow

Cold Julys From Fiji To The UK

Alan

Aug 11, 2023, 1:12:13 AM8/11/23
On 2023-08-10 17:43, AlleyCat wrote:

> Between The Immense Hunga Tonga Eruption And Developing El Nino, We Could Be In
> For Water Vapor-Caused Warming Lasting Years

But you've insisted there is no warming.