New Report Says We Will Miss 1.5 Degrees Celsius Goal Without Drastic Action Now

1 view

kensi

Sep 18, 2021, 6:11:35 AM9/18/21
UN Secretary-General António Guterres warned that "limiting warming to
1.5°C will be impossible" on our current path:

https://truthout.org/articles/new-report-says-we-will-miss-1-5-degrees-celsius-goal-without-drastic-action-now/

Youth Climate Anxiety Is Skyrocketing — and Government Inaction Is to
Blame:

https://truthout.org/articles/youth-climate-anxiety-is-skyrocketing-and-government-inaction-is-to-blame/

Tlaib and Pressley File Bill to Force Fed to Divest Banks From Fossil
Fuels:

https://truthout.org/articles/tlaib-and-pressley-file-bill-to-force-fed-to-divest-banks-from-fossil-fuels/

in here." ~Checkmate

rand

Sep 18, 2021, 6:17:00 AM9/18/21
On 18 Sep 2021, kensi <kkensi...@gmail.invalid> posted some

> UN Secretary-General António Guterres

"Guterres", says it all right there.

kensi

Sep 18, 2021, 6:22:41 AM9/18/21
Racism noted. Get back to us when you have a real argument to make.

Checkmate

Sep 18, 2021, 7:04:37 AM9/18/21
Checkmate.

On Sat, 18 Sep 2021 10:11:34 -0000 (UTC), kensi had the audacity to say
the following:

> UN Secretary-General António Guterres warned that "limiting warming to
> 1.5°C will be impossible" on our current path:

Impossible to accurately certain that, impossible to know whether we have
any way to change it anyway. Pretty easy to see what Obiden's hare-
brained ideas from that little bartender gurl with the squeaky voice are
going to do to our CCP Virus ravaged economy though. Why you so weak-
minded, kooktarded ninny?

--
Checkmate ®
Copyright © 2021

https://youtu.be/wT-8Dm1VThc

Footloose! https://youtu.be/mXfVaXjBFK4

Kensi, "doing a little victory dance"
https://youtu.be/obInNk448nI
kensi." -Nadegda

Author, Humorist, Cynic
Philosopher, Humanitarian
Poet, Elektrishun to the Stars
Usenet Shot-Caller

In loving memory of The Battle Kitten
May 2010-February 12, 2017

Checkmate

Sep 18, 2021, 7:07:38 AM9/18/21
Checkmate.

On Sat, 18 Sep 2021 10:22:40 -0000 (UTC), kensi had the audacity to say
the following:

> On Sat, 18 Sep 2021 10:16:56 +0000, rand wrote:
>
> > On 18 Sep 2021, kensi <kkensi...@gmail.invalid> posted some
> >
> >> UN Secretary-General António Guterres
> >
> > "Guterres", says it all right there.
>
> Racism noted. Get back to us when you have a real argument to make.

That wasn't necessarily a racist comment. He didn't call him a Beaner or
anything.

Klaus Schadenfreude

Sep 18, 2021, 7:59:26 AM9/18/21
<kkensi...@gmail.invalid> wrote:

>UN Secretary-General António Guterres warned that "limiting warming to
>1.5°C will be impossible" on our current path:

Good. Tired of scraping frost off my windshield in the winter.

Klaus Schadenfreude

Sep 18, 2021, 8:00:29 AM9/18/21
<kkensi...@gmail.invalid> wrote:

>On Sat, 18 Sep 2021 10:16:56 +0000, rand wrote:
>
>> On 18 Sep 2021, kensi <kkensi...@gmail.invalid> posted some
>>
>>> UN Secretary-General António Guterres
>>
>> "Guterres", says it all right there.
>
>Racism noted. Get back to us when you have a real argument to make.

Look how racist you are, assuming the mention of his name is somehow
racist.

What the fuck is wrong with you people anyway?

R Kym Horsell

Sep 18, 2021, 8:32:45 AM9/18/21
In alt.global-warming rand <ra...@aol.com> wrote:
> On 18 Sep 2021, kensi <kkensi...@gmail.invalid> posted some
>> UN Secretary-General Ant??nio Guterres
> "Guterres", says it all right there.

Sure. It's no Boutros Boutros-Ghali or Abdelaziz Bouteflika.
But dammit man! You have to play the cards you were dealt.

--
[Record!]
'Virus is real': Sydney man leaves hospital 399 days after getting COVID

Bret Cahill

Sep 18, 2021, 10:17:34 AM9/18/21

> UN Secretary-General António Guterres warned that "limiting warming to
> 1.5°C will be impossible" on our current path:

Gotta get some kind of sun block over the S. hemisphere as that's where most of the heat is getting into the ocean.

Fewer people down there as well.

AlleyCat

Sep 19, 2021, 12:35:50 AM9/19/21

On Sat, 18 Sep 2021 07:17:33 -0700 (PDT), Bret Cahill says...

> Gotta get some kind of sun block over the S. hemisphere as that's where most of the heat is getting into the ocean.

Cold Southern Hemisphere Oceans | Real Climate Science

https://realclimatescience.com/2018/08/cold-southern-hemisphere-oceans/

that the missing heat is hiding at the bottom of the oceans, and is not at the
surface (Trenberth et sacerdotes). Reply. GW Smith says: August 24, 2018 at
3:28 am .

=====

Unusually strong cold weather outbreak spreads from Antarctica into central
South America. It brought record low temperatures and snowfall after decades,
to regions of southern Brazil. The source region was western Antarctica, which
is colder than normal, affecting the global average temperatures.

=====

Unusually strong cold weather outbreak spreads from ...

https://www.severe-weather.eu/global-weather/south-hemisphere-america-cold-
winter-outbreak-fa/

AS YOU WILL ALSO SEE, THE SOUTHERN HEMISPHERE IS ALSO COLDER THAN NORMAL,
BRINGING DOWN THE 2021 GLOBAL TEMPERATURES TO THE LOWEST IN THE PAST 6 YEARS.

=====

Southern Hemisphere Getting Colder | Musings from the Chiefio

https://chiefio.wordpress.com/2014/01/28/southern-hemisphere-getting-colder/

Shows the Southern Hemisphere getting colder, NOT just flat, in the last decade
or so. If "Global" Warming has taken a pause, then the Southern Hemisphere is
taking a dump. Unfortunately, I'm on one coast and all of my Weather Data Rig
is on the other coast. I do have some of the data downloaded to a USB drive,
but the computer with all ...

=====

Cold Southern Hemisphere | Real Climate Science

https://realclimatescience.com/2018/08/cold-southern-hemisphere/

am . ... Only 1/9 of humanity lives in the Southern Hemisphere, so if people
put holes in ozone the thing would be over the North Pole, where there is no
volcano spewing chlorine in recent millennia. The high-pressure substitutes for
real freon break air conditioners.

====================================

Record Spring Cold Sweeps Brazil + a Continent-Wide Polar Blast On Course to
Hit South America

Rare Snow Blankets Chilean Desert

Looking Ahead, Much of The South American Continent Should Brace For Additional
Waves of Late-Season Cold

These September freezes will impact already devastated crops in the continent's
key growing regions, Brazil and Argentina

While Simultaneously, Another Round of Antarctic Cold Looks Set To Enter The
South American Continent, Via Argentina

Temperatures Plummet in South Africa

Unseasonable Frosts And Freezes, Particularly Across North And South America

Brazil Corn Output Slashed After Historic Freezes

Following on from the past few week's of historic cold and snow, further polar
outbreaks have ridden unusually-far north on the back of a low solar activity-
induced meridional jet stream flow, and are sweeping the South American nations
of Argentina, Chile, Paraguay, Uruguay, Bolivia, Brazil and Peru

More Record Cold Strikes Brazil

Brazil Gets Snow And Ice, Surprising Residents

Historic Snowfall Hits South Africa

Temperatures Plummet in South Africa

Meanwhile In The Southern Hemisphere...

... South Africa Is Smashing Record Cold Temperature Records

Pussies NEVER mention the Southern Hemisphere... EVER.

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/E7Ez5HMXIAYDXxQ?format=jpg&name=medium

I think I know why. ;-)

=====

Electroverse Extreme Weather % Western Australia Cold

https://electroverse.net/western-australia-shivers-through-one-of-its-coldest-
starts-to-winter/

Swathes of Australia have registered an unusually cold month of June,
particularly Western Australia. Perth -capital and largest city of the state of
Western Australia- is shivering through one its coldest starts to winter on
record following the invasion of a string of polar cold fronts tossed-up from
Antarctica.. Data from the warm-mongering Bureau of Meteorology (BOM) show the
mean ...

Historic Cold Sweeps Eastern Australia - Electroverse

https://electroverse.net/historic-cold-sweeps-eastern-australia/

Eastern Australia just woke to one of its coldest mornings in recorded history.
A teeth-chattering low of -7.2C (19F) was logged in sub-tropical Queensland
(QLD) early Thursday, with many other of the state's locales shivering through
their lowest readings in more than 20 years.. Temperatures hit -4.4C (24.1F) in
the town of Oakey, near Toowoomba - its coldest July morning since 2004.

Record Breaking Cold Blasts Australia and ... - Electroverse
https://electroverse.net/record-breaking-cold-blasts-australia-and-canada-
global-cooling/
Australia. Swathes of Australia are shivering through a record-breaking cold
snap, with the frosty mornings set to continue across eastern parts through the
weekend. The mercury in Sydney dropped to 8.6C (47.5F) at 7am early Thursday,
marking the fifth-straight day of mornings below 9C (48.2F). Not since the year
1967 has Sydney experienced a ...

Antarctic Air Engulfs Western Australia - Electroverse
https://electroverse.net/antarctic-air-engulfs-western-australia/
While eastern Australia has been grabbing the cold headlines of late, Antarctic
air is now punishing the west, with Perth, the capital of Western Australia,
copping a brutal shot of polar cold Tuesday morning, June 22.. Perth just
endured its coldest night in two years, brought on by winds from the Antarctic,
reports abc.net.au.. The Bureau of Meteorology (BOM) logged an overnight low of
1.9C ...

Australia has been anomalously COLD of late - Electroverse
https://electroverse.net/australia-has-been-anomalous-cold-of-late/
Australia has been anomalously COLD of late. January 23, 2020. January 24,
2020. Cap Allon. Claims of a climate catastrophe have been put on hold this
week, as record low temperatures -for the time of year- threaten much of
Australia - maybe Hollywood can ask for its pocket-change back?? A mass of cool
air has engulfed the Aussie continent ...

Winter Bites Hard in Australia, U.S ... - electroverse.net
https://electroverse.net/winter-bites-australia-u-s-wheat-crops-in-trouble-
more-record-gains-on-greenland/
Winter Bites Hard in Australia A surge of polar air is set to barrel across
multiple Aussies states this weekend, driving temperatures well-below winter
norms. Senior BOM meteorologist Philip Perkins said a severe weather warning
will be issued across South Australia , with damaging winds, heavy rain/snow,
and anomalous-cold set to blast the ...

Spring in Australia begins with Intense Polar Cold, as ...
https://fakta360.no/2021/09/spring-in-australia-begins-with-intense-polar-
cold-as-greenland-ice-sheet-ends-season-above-1981-2010-average/
The post Spring in Australia begins with Intense Polar Cold, as Greenland Ice
Sheet ends Season ABOVE 1981-2010 Average appeared first on Electroverse.