Warm Up Your Below-Rudimenatary "Flood/Killfile" Filter, swill - Physicist William Happer: "There Is NO Climate Emergency" - Part 1

瀏覽次數:0 次
跳到第一則未讀訊息

AlleyCat

未讀,
2023年8月17日 晚上8:08:582023/8/17
收件者:

Part 1

C'mon... let's hear it... bu bu bu but AllllleeeeeyyyyCaaaaatttt.... Happer's
not a cliiiimmmmatttte scientist!

Go ahead... piss, moan, cry and whine... just remember, your credentials are
Kindergarten-level compared to this guys. Oh... yeah... you can piss and moan
about them not having "climatology" degrees, but a PHYSICS degree encompasses
pretty much ALL, INCLUDING climate, so piss off.

=====

William Happer is an American physicist with over 200 published peer-reviews
scientific papers. He is the Cyrus Fogg Brackett Professor of Physics, Emeritus
at Princeton University, and has also worked for the U.S. government on two
separate occasions; the first between 1991-1993, where he served as Director of
Energy Research; the second between 2018-2019 under the Trump administration,
where he was Depute Assistant to the President for Emerging Technologies at the
National Security Council.

Dr. William Happer spoke at the National Leadership Seminar, sponsored by
Hillsdale College, on February 19, 2021 in Phoenix, Arizona. Below is a
breakdown of his talk, including the slides he shared...

The best way to think about the frenzy over climate is to consider it a modern
version of the medieval Crusades. You may remember that the motto of the
crusaders was "Deus vult!", "God wills it!" It is hard to pick a better virtue-
signaling slogan than that.

Most climate enthusiasts have not gone so far, but some actually claim that
they are doing God's work. After decades of propaganda, many Americans, perhaps
including some of you here today, think there really is a climate emergency.
Those who think that way, in many cases, mean very well. But they have been
misled.

As a scientist who actually knows a lot about climate (and I set up many of our
climate research centers when I was at the Department of Energy in the early
1990s) I can assure you that there is no climate emergency. There will not be a
climate emergency. Crusades have always ended badly. They have brought
discredit to the supposed righteous cause. They have brought hardship and death
to multitudes. Policies to address this phony climate emergency will cause
great damage to American citizens and to their environment.

Climate frenzy is really heating up recently. On February 4th Senator Bernie
Sanders, Congresswoman Alexandra Ocasio-Cortez, and Congressman Earl Blumenauer
introduced "legislation mandating the declaration of a national climate
emergency.

The National Climate Emergency Act directs the President of the United States
to declare a national climate emergency and mobilize every resource at the
country's disposal to halt, reverse, mitigate and prepare for the consequences
of this climate crisis." (This is from Mr. Blumenauer's website.) But this is
utter nonsense. There is no climate crisis, and there will not be a climate
crisis

It gets worse when you get to the state levels where there are fewer checks and
balances.

These are the remarks made last week by Charles Ismay, the Undersecretary for
Climate Change in Massachusetts to the Vermont Climate Council:

"So let me say that again, 60% of our emissions that need to be reduced come
from you, the person across the street, the senior on fixed income, right ...
there's no bad guy left, at least in Massachusetts to point the finger at, to
turn the screws on, and you know, to break their wills, so they stop emitting.
That's you. We have to break your will. Right, I can't even say that publicly."

A few days later Mr. Ismay resigned and had he not, his governor would have
fired him. But, that's the way crusades are. This is really not a question of
science. This is a question of a secular religion for some. It is a question of
money for others. It is a question of power for others. But whatever it is, it
is not science.

Part of the medieval crusades was against the supposed threat to the holy sites
in Jerusalem. But a lot of it was against local enemies. The medieval
Inquisition really did a job on the poor Cathars, on the Waldensians of
southern France, and on the Bogomils in the Balkans. Climate fanatics don't
know or care any more about the science of climate than those medieval
Inquisitors knew or cared about the teachings of Christ.

Just about everyone wants to live in a clean environment. I do, and I am sure
everyone here does.

This is a photograph of Shanghai, and that's real air pollution. You can just
barely see the Bottle Opener Building in the back through all the haze. Some of
this is due to burning coal. But a bigger fraction is due to dust from the Gobi
Desert.

https://i0.wp.com/electroverse.co/wp-content/uploads/2022/09/shang.jpg?ssl=1

They have had this type of pollution in Shanghai since the days of Marco Polo
and long before. Part of it is burning stubble of the rice fields, which is
traditionally done before planting next year's crop. This is real pollution. I
would not want to live in a city like that. If there is anything to do that
would make it better, I would certainly support that.

But, none of this has anything to do with CO2. CO2 is a gas you cannot see,
smell or taste. So, hare-brained schemes to limit emissions of CO2, which is
actually beneficial, as I will explain a little bit later, will only make it
harder to get rid of real pollutants like what I just showed you in Shanghai.

So, let's talk about CO2.

Number one, it is not a pollutant at all. We breathe out lots of CO2. Many
people are surprised to learn that they exhale a little more than two pounds of
CO2 a day. You people in this room are putting out a lot of CO2. I actually
brought a CO2 meter here which I am going to turn on. But our breath is not
that different from the output of a power plant. Power plants take in normal
air, and they consume most of the oxygen by burning coal, or natural gas, or
oil. The exhaust that comes out of the stack is mostly the nitrogen that was
already there-a little bit of oxygen that was not used up, along with water
vapor and CO2.

Our breath is similar, except it has a lot more oxygen. So, you can give mouth-
to-mouth resuscitation, but you couldn't if your breath was like the power
plant exhaust. Your breath contains about four percent CO2, six percent water.
The power plant has a bit more CO2 and correspondingly less oxygen. But our
breath is definitely not a pollutant. In fact, our breathing reflex is
determined by CO2. It is not determined by oxygen. It is not a lack of oxygen;
it is too much CO2 that makes you take another breath of air.

This is a picture of my wife Barbara in New Jersey near a new solar farm:

https://i0.wp.com/www.independent.org/images/article_images/2021/2021_03_11
_happer_07_1400x787.jpg?ssl=1

0 則新訊息