Managing Canada's Carbon Bomb

Bret Cahill

Aug 28, 2023, 10:10:30 AM8/28/23

Kym Horsell

Aug 28, 2023, 10:51:22 AM8/28/23
On Tuesday, August 29, 2023 at 12:10:30 AM UTC+10, Bret Cahill wrote:
> 3X worse than fossil.
>
> https://thebulletin.org/2023/08/managed-to-death-how-canada-turned-its-forests-into-a-carbon-bomb/

Oh, wow.
This is not something the US usually loses out on.

But according to the GFED database (now using CO2 emissions rather than concepts like "burn area") we have:

Year US Canada
2017 55.3698 128.085
2018 63.096 170.114
2019 15.2086 97.0214
2020 132.799 97.1043
2021 107.112 508.99
2022 44.1696 72.8253

CO2 emissions from land in Mt per year all land uses (forest, savanna,agriculture,&ct).

Given I didnt look up past 60N it means the area of Canada is 1/2 that of the US in the above numbers. Yet Canada's emissions are 4x more in 2021.