Nobel Prize-winning Physicist Dr. Ivar Giaever - Part 2

1 view

AlleyCat

Jul 14, 2023, 10:11:25 PM7/14/23

Griever Accuses NASA And Federal Scientists of "Fiddling" With Temperatures

"They can fiddle with the data. That is what NASA does."

"You cannot believe the people - the alarmists - who say CO2 is a terrible
thing. Its not true, its absolutely not true," Giaever continued while showing
a slide asking: "Do you believe CO2 is a major climate gas?'

"I think the temperature has been amazingly stable. What is the optimum
temperature of the earth? Is that the temperature we have right now? That
would be a miracle. No one has told me what the optimal temperature of the
earth should be," he said.

"How can you possibly measure the average temperature for the whole earth and
come up with a fraction of a degree. I think the average temperature of earth
is equal to the emperor's new clothes. How can you think it can measure this
to a fraction of a degree? It's ridiculous," he added.

Ivar Giaever and King Carl Gustaf at the Nobel Prize ceremony in Stockholm in
December 1973

Silencing Debate

Giaever accused Nature Magazine of "wanting to cash in on the [climate] fad."

"My friends said I should not make fun of Nature because then they won't
publish my papers," he explained.

"No one mentions how important CO2 is for plant growth. It's a wonderful
thing. Plants are really starving. They don't talk about how good it is for
agriculture that CO2 is increasing," he added.

Ivar Giaever

Extreme Weather claims

"The other thing that amazes me is that when you talk about climate change it
is always going to be the worst. It's got to be better someplace for heaven's
sake. It can't always be to the worse," he said.

"Then comes the clincher. If climate change does not scare people we can scare
people talking about the extreme weather," Giaever said.

"For the last hundred years, the ocean has risen 20 cm - but for the previous
hundred years the ocean also has risen 20 cm and for the last 300 years, the
ocean has also risen 20 cm per 100 years. So there is no unusual rise in sea
level. And to be sure you understand that I will repeat it. There is no
unusual rise in sea level," Giaever said.

"If anything we have entered period of low hurricanes. These are the facts,"
he continued.

"You don't" have to even be a scientist to look at these figures and you
understand what it says," he added.

"Same thing is for tornadoes. We are in a low period on in U.S." (See:
Extreme weather failing to follow "global warming" predictions: Hurricanes,
Tornadoes, Droughts, Floods, Wildfires, all see no trend or declining trends)

Physicist Giaever in 1973

Media Hype

"What people say is not true. I spoke to a journalist with [German newspaper
Die Welt yesterday... and I asked how many articles he published that says
global warming is a good thing. He said I probably don't publish them at all.
Its always a negative. Always," Giever said.

Energy Poverty

"They say refugees are trying to cross the Mediterranean. These people are not
fleeing global warming, they are fleeing poverty," he noted.

"If you want to help Africa, help them out of poverty, do not try to build
solar cells and windmills," he added.

"Are you wasting money on solar cells and windmills rather than helping
people? These people have been misled. It costs money in the end to that.
Windmills cost money."

"Cheap energy is what made us so rich and now suddenly people don't want it
anymore."

"People say oil companies are the big bad people. I don't understand why they
are worse than the windmill companies. General Electric makes windmills. They
don't tell you that they are not economical because they make money on it. But
nobody protests GE, but they protest Exxon who makes oil," he noted.

*****

Ivar Giaever in 2008

Dr. Ivar Giaever resigned as a Fellow from the American Physical Society (APS)
on September 13, 2011 in disgust over the group's promotion of man-made global
warming fears.

In addition to Giaever, other prominent scientists have resigned from APS over
its stance on man-made global warming. See: Prominent Physicist Hal Lewis
Resigns from APS: "Climategate was a fraud on a scale I have never seen...
Effect on APS position: None. None at all. This is not science'

Other prominent scientists are speaking up skeptically about man-made global
warming claims. See:

Prominent Scientist Dissents: Renowned glaciologist declares global warming is
"going to be a big plus" - Fears "Frightening" Cooling - Warns scientists are
"prostituting their science'

Giaever has become a vocal dissenter from the alleged "consensus" regarding
man-made climate fears. He was featured prominently in the 2009 U.S. Senate
Report of (then) Over 700 Dissenting International Scientists from Man-made
global warming. Giaever, who is a member of the National Academy of Sciences
and won the 1973 Nobel Prize for Physics. (Watch news coverage here.)

Giaever was also one of more than 100 co-signers in a March 30, 2009 letter to
President Obama that was critical of his stance on global warming. See: More
than 100 scientists rebuke Obama as "simply incorrect" on global warming: "We,
the undersigned scientists, maintain that the case for alarm regarding climate
change is grossly overstated'

Giaever is featured on page 89 of the 321 page of Climate Depot's more than
1000 dissenting scientist report (updated from U.S. Senate Report). Dr.
Giaever was quoted declaring himself a man-made global warming dissenter. "I
am a skeptic... Global warming has become a new religion," Giaever declared.
"I am Norwegian, should I really worry about a little bit of warming? I am
unfortunately becoming an old man. We have heard many similar warnings about
the acid rain 30 years ago and the ozone hole 10 years ago or deforestation
but the humanity is still around," Giaever explained. "Global warming has
become a new religion. We frequently hear about the number of scientists who
support it. But the number is not important: only whether they are correct is
important. We don't really know what the actual effect on the global
temperature is. There are better ways to spend the money," he concluded.

Giaever also told the New York Times in 2010 that global warming "can't be
discussed - just like religion... there is NO unusual rise in the ocean level,
so what where and what is the big problem?"

On Friday, 3 July, over 30 Nobel laureates assembled on Mainau Island on Lake
Constance signed a declaration on climate change. Problem was, there were 65
attendees, and only 30 36 signed the declaration. As is typical of the
suppression of the alternate views on climate, we never heard the opinion of
the 35 who were in the [nearly equal] majority. Today, one of the Nobel
laureates who was an attendee has spoken out.

In Lindau Giaever speaks to young researchers and other Nobel laureates. In
the second row: Steven Chu, Secretary of Energy in Barack Obama's first
Cabinet, where he drew a lot of money in research into renewable energies. The
Nobel Laureate in Physics sinks deeper and deeper into his purple armchair,
runs his fingers through his hair, scratching her on the forehead, shaking her
head.

Exclusive: Nobel Prize-Winning Physicist Who Endorsed Obama Dissents! Resigns
from American Physical Society Over Group's Promotion of Man-Made Global
Warming

Nobel Laureate Dr. Ivar Giaever: "The temperature (of the Earth) has been
amazingly stable, and both human health and happiness have definitely improved
in this "warming" period.'

=====

July... so hot!

Mid-July Snow In British Columbia

"Where Has The Summer Gone?" Asks BBC Weather

Utah's Historically Cold 2023

Anomalous Cold Engulfs Japan

4ft Of Summer Snow Strands Trekkers In Northern India

"Extreme Cold" Strikes Tanzania

Ekurhuleni Residents Urged To "Use Electricity Sparingly" During SA Freeze

Aussie Snowfields Celebrate Healthy Dumpings

Cool U.S.

Best California Rafting In 40-Years Thanks To Historic Snowpack And Cold
Spring

Snow Pile Remains At MSP Airport

Southern Africa Is Still Freezing

Moscow's Year Without A Summer

Southern Africa Freezes, Rare Snowfall Hits Johannesburg

Summer Snows Slam Northern India, Effort Underway To Rescue 300 Trapped
Tourists

Millions Of Aussies Hit By "Brutal Cold Snap"

Summer Snow In Skardu, Pakistan

Cold Junes For Turkey, Slovakia, Serbia & Bermuda

Record-Snowy Winter Raises Great Salt Lake

Yosemite's Tioga Road STILL Closed Due To Snow

Cool Junes For Pakistan, Fiji And The United States

Record Lows Sweep Northern U.S.

Coldest Fourth Of Julys Ever Up North

Moose Jaw Breaks 105-Year-Old Low Temperature Record

Below-Average June For Eastern Europe

Millions Of Aussies To Be Hit By "Brutal Cold Snap"

Yosemite Glaciers Post Record Snowfall

Models Corn Belt Warming Fail

Cold Sets In Across South Africa, Snow Too

California's "Deadly Cold" Rivers