19 'mass extinctions' had CO2 levels we're now veering towards

Unum

Aug 4, 2023, 1:34:44 PM8/4/23
https://www.livescience.com/planet-earth/climate-change/19-mass-extinctions-had-co2-levels-were-now-veering-towards-study-warns

Within a human lifetime, concentrations of CO2 in Earth's atmosphere could
reach levels associated with 19 "mass extinctions" that have taken place in
the last 534 million years, new research suggests.

By 2100, atmospheric carbon dioxide levels could rise to 800 parts per million
by volume (ppmv) — almost double the concentration of roughly 421 ppmv
recorded this year — if we fail to curb emissions from burning fossil fuels
and converting land for agriculture.

That would be edging close to the average CO2 concentrations (870 ppmv)
associated with huge crashes in marine biodiversity over the last 534 million
years, according to a study published June 22 in the journal Earth's Future.
These extinction events are preserved in the fossil record, allowing
scientists to plot how biodiversity and atmospheric CO2 evolved throughout
Earth's history.

Bret Cahill

Aug 5, 2023, 9:13:20 AM8/5/23
If you need more or better aerobic exercise just think of it as getting rid of toxic CO2. Hardly anyone gets up to their maximum lung rate but I'm an exception.