What makes you think you can predict climate change years in the future?

KlausSchadenfreude

Aug 7, 2023, 9:39:21 AM8/7/23
If you can’t predict historic amounts of water a few months in
advance, what makes you think you can predict climate change years in
the future?

Earlier this year “experts” said it would take 50 years to build back
the water levels at lake Powell. They were off by 49 years.

https://twitter.com/BuenoForMiami/status/1688326899427155968/photo/1

Sn!pe

Aug 7, 2023, 12:19:14 PM8/7/23
That's experts for you, right enough.

--
^Ï^. – Sn!pe – <https://youtu.be/_kqytf31a8E>

My pet rock Gordon just is.

Kym Horsell

Aug 7, 2023, 12:35:21 PM8/7/23
On Monday, August 7, 2023 at 11:39:21 PM UTC+10, KlausSchadenfreude wrote:
> If you can’t predict historic amounts of water a few months in
> advance, what makes you think you can predict climate change years in
> the future?

I'll add this to my "yor ay hillbilli ifn you say" file.

Ifn yo cain perdic da next coin toss, how kin you perdict abou 5 out of da next 10 will be heds?

--
[The Quigley anomaly:]
You know you're a hillbilly if #1:

You know you're a hillbilly if you make arguments like #2:
Psst. They say most people are right handed.
But I'm left handed.
So most people cain be right handed.

You know you're a hillbilly if #3:
You reject everything about sampling theory and regularly base your
claims on outliers and cherry picks.

You know you're a hillbilly if #4:
You think plants are only made out of carbon and oxygen.

You know you're a hillbilly if #5:
You think temperate prairies are greener than equatorial jungles.

You know you're a hillbilly if #6:
You think summer is the same as winter.

You know you're a hillbilly if #7:
You think winter hurricanes are as frequent as summer hurricanes.

You know you're a hillbilly if #8:
You cain tell da diffruns atweed a giga, a tera, and a peta.

You know you're a hillbilly if #9:
Yo thin 300 parts per million is too small to mean anything even after
you lernued it was also assential four lif on ert as we knowd et.

You know you're a hillbilly if #10:
You no dere was more CO2 in da past and dere are more species alive
now dan 200 Mya but still say mo CO2 is good fer dat biodiversity.

JTEM is Remarkably Flexible

Aug 7, 2023, 4:19:26 PM8/7/23

Truth is we CAN predict climate change. It's unavoidable. It's like
predicting that the clock will strike midnight in 24 hours or less.

The problem is predicting HOW it's going to change.

Pretending there's some kind of constant, the planet is going to
warm. This is because we're running out of fossil fuels and
fossil fuels cool the planet.

Yeah, exactly the opposite of what the propaganda tells you.

Pollution, particles -- "Particulates" -- are objects. They're tiny
objects, minuscule objects but they are physical objects. And if
you pump Giga Tons of them into the atmosphere then, although
each one represents the tiniest of area, cumulatively they amount
to a large chunk of the sky being blocked -- shading the earth.

This cools the earth the exact same way that standing in the shade
cools you on a hot sunny day. The particulates are shading us.

EVEN WORSE than the particulates would be the sulfur. All our
fossil fuels contain sulfur -- coal being the biggest offender -- but
it exists in all of them.

NOT ALL OIL IS EQUAL. There are different grades of oil, each
with their own properties. Some have much higher sulfur content
than others...

Gasoline tends to be better than diesel fuel... a lot better.

Anyway, the sulfur converts to an aerosol in the atmosphere,
bouncing the sun's energy out into space. So, we literally get
less sunlight.

Recapping here: Fossil fuels REDUCE the amount of energy the
earth receives from the sun, because the sulfur content converts
to an aerosol and bounces energy back out into space, like a
mirror. At the same time the particulates given off as pollution,
though barely even perceptible on their own, cumulatively amount
to huge areas of blockages -- WE'RE SHADING THE PLANET!

Our fossil fuels are running out. When they do the planet has to
heat up.

-- --

https://jtem.tumblr.com/post/724820386985934848

Unum

Aug 7, 2023, 9:10:24 PM8/7/23
On 8/7/2023 8:39 AM, KlausSchadenfreude wrote:
> If you can’t predict historic amounts of water a few months in
> advance, what makes you think you can predict climate change years in
> the future?

Who is saying they can 'predict' everything about global warming
years into the future, dumbass?

Bret Cahill

Aug 8, 2023, 12:10:26 AM8/8/23
Rightards cannot even answer a simple logic question:

"Does free speech precede each and every free market free trade?"

<CIA> crickets in advance