THE STARVED SHIP

Russell Fisher

Jun 2, 1996, 3:00:00 AM6/2/96

Looking for information on the "Starved Ship" out of Northern Ireland
1740, arriving in Mass. U.S.A. Possibility that its real name was the
Sea Flower. Any ideas on how one might find a passenger list?

Subject: Deacon Samuel Fisher 1722 - 1806 N.H.

Looking for descendents of Deacon Samuel Fisher.

please reply to: russ...@fox.nstn.ca

Kate Forster

Jun 4, 1996, 3:00:00 AM6/4/96

Maybe this is a longshot. I'd love to know if there's a connection.
Here is a story in my family history:

James Otis Delay left Dublin for America in the ship George and Ann
commanded by a captain who was a rascal. According to
tradition this scoundrelly captain on ascertaining that most of
his passengers were possessed of considerable means,
resolved to purposely protract the voyage with the hope of
starving the passengers into a surrender of much of their
resources. He had almost succeeded in his infamous project,
nearly half of those on board having died of their sufferings
(including the father and mother of James Delap and four of
their children) when the survivors were lucky enough to
attract the attention of Captain Henry Ball, commandant of
another Irish emigrant ship. He boarded the ship and on
learning the horrible details of their story he made the captain
land them. Landed at Nonset Bay hear Eastham, Massachusetts.

Is your 1740 a pretty firm date?

Kate
fors...@edmonds.wednet.edu

myadr...@gmail.com

Apr 13, 2015, 1:54:03 AM4/13/15
If you are serious about tracking down information and descendants, I do have a pedigree chart that my mother has researched. It links my family with the Deacon Fisher.
Janice Mitchell

garydf...@gmail.com

Apr 20, 2017, 12:07:15 AM4/20/17
On Monday, 13 April 2015 01:54:03 UTC-4, myadr...@gmail.com wrote:
> If you are serious about tracking down information and descendants, I do have a pedigree chart that my mother has researched. It links my family with the Deacon Fisher.
> Janice Mitchell

My research to date seems to indicate Deacon Samuel Fisher (29 Jul 1722 - 1806) was my Grandfather 9x removed!! Gary Fisher

ctal...@gmail.com

Aug 4, 2018, 2:17:51 PM8/4/18
Gary, Samuel Fisher was my 8 or 9x Grandfather. I come from the George Fisher family line. My Great Grandfather was Melvin Bertie Fisher. My maiden name is Crystal Fisher daughter of Melvin Carl Fisher

ctal...@gmail.com

Aug 4, 2018, 2:19:44 PM8/4/18
On Monday, April 13, 2015 at 1:54:03 AM UTC-4, myadr...@gmail.com wrote:
> If you are serious about tracking down information and descendants, I do have a pedigree chart that my mother has researched. It links my family with the Deacon Fisher.
> Janice Mitchell

Janice, Deacon Samuel Fisher is my 8 or 9x Grandfather. My maiden name is Crystal Fisher. wow this is so cool. Has my sister Kelly Fisher reached out to you in the past? She is the one handling our family tree on our side.

ctal...@gmail.com

Aug 4, 2018, 2:24:26 PM8/4/18
On Sunday, June 2, 1996 at 3:00:00 AM UTC-4, Russell Fisher wrote:
> Looking for information on the "Starved Ship" out of Northern Ireland
> 1740, arriving in Mass. U.S.A. Possibility that its real name was the
> Sea Flower. Any ideas on how one might find a passenger list?
>

> Subject: Deacon Samuel Fisher 1722 - 1806 N.H.
>

> Looking for descendents of Deacon Samuel Fisher.
>
> please reply to: russ...@fox.nstn.ca

Hello Russell, You have one of Deacon Samuel Fisher's 8 or 9x Granddaughters :) I am going to email you from my clt...@hotmail.com

ctal...@gmail.com

Aug 4, 2018, 2:32:54 PM8/4/18
On Sunday, June 2, 1996 at 3:00:00 AM UTC-4, Russell Fisher wrote:
> Looking for information on the "Starved Ship" out of Northern Ireland
> 1740, arriving in Mass. U.S.A. Possibility that its real name was the
> Sea Flower. Any ideas on how one might find a passenger list?
>

> Subject: Deacon Samuel Fisher 1722 - 1806 N.H.
>

> Looking for descendents of Deacon Samuel Fisher.
>
> please reply to: russ...@fox.nstn.ca

Correction Russell Deacon Samuel Fisher is my 8 or 9x Great Uncle. my 8 or 9x Grandfather was his brother William.

ctal...@gmail.com

Aug 4, 2018, 2:33:35 PM8/4/18
Gary I misreported! Deacon Samuel Fisher is my 8 or 9x Great Uncle. my 8 or 9x Grandfather was his brother William.

ctal...@gmail.com

Aug 4, 2018, 2:41:09 PM8/4/18
On Monday, April 13, 2015 at 1:54:03 AM UTC-4, myadr...@gmail.com wrote:
> If you are serious about tracking down information and descendants, I do have a pedigree chart that my mother has researched. It links my family with the Deacon Fisher.
> Janice Mitchell

Janice I stand corrected Deacon Samuel Fisher is my 8 or 9x Uncle. His brother William was my 8 or 9x Grandfather :)

dadfi...@gmail.com

Sep 30, 2018, 1:40:38 PM9/30/18
Hello. Just came across this thread. I am a direct descendent of samual fisher. I am Douglas Fisher. Grandson of Robert D fisher of Holliston ma.

ctal...@gmail.com

Sep 30, 2018, 6:36:55 PM9/30/18
On Sunday, September 30, 2018 at 1:40:38 PM UTC-4, dadfi...@gmail.com wrote:
> Hello. Just came across this thread. I am a direct descendent of samual fisher. I am Douglas Fisher. Grandson of Robert D fisher of Holliston ma.

And I am a direct descendant from his brother William who came with your Great Grandfather on the starved ship. I am Crystal Fisher 7x Great Granddaughter of William via his son John Fisher. I am the great granddaughter of George Augustus Fisher born Apr 1848, Musquodoboit, Halifax Co., Nova Scotia, Canada Find all individuals with events at this location, d. 4 May 1908, Decatur, Morgan Co., AL, USA Find all individuals with events at this location (Age 60 years). There is some information about Samuel Fisher at http://sprague-database.org/genealogy/getperson.php?personID=I87397&tree=SpragueProject I would like to chat with you if possible.
I can be reached at 561-557-8161 or 561-260-9733. Hope to hear from you soon!

garydf...@gmail.com

Jan 13, 2019, 4:02:44 PM1/13/19
On Sunday, 2 June 1996 03:00:00 UTC-4, Russell Fisher wrote:
> Looking for information on the "Starved Ship" out of Northern Ireland
> 1740, arriving in Mass. U.S.A. Possibility that its real name was the
> Sea Flower. Any ideas on how one might find a passenger list?
>

> Subject: Deacon Samuel Fisher 1722 - 1806 N.H.
>

> Looking for descendents of Deacon Samuel Fisher.
>
> please reply to: russ...@fox.nstn.ca

After more research Deacon Samuel Fisher's brother William is my great -great- great- great grandfather. Willam came on same ship (**Starved Ship) from Northern Ireland, first to New Hampshire (1722) and eventually to Truro, NS (1762) where his descendants/my immediate family have lived since.
** Tom Miller wrote a book about Deacon Samuel Fisher & Starved Ship

Crystal Talio

Nov 1, 2020, 11:37:38 AM11/1/20
I am sure you can find more information about our great-great-great-great-great Grandfather on the Sprague Project. Marjorie Spoto has a lot of information posted about our family dating back way before William & Samuel.