Repairing Pond liner

Simon

Aug 8, 2001, 12:54:00 PM8/8/01
My pond has sprung a leak somewhere and I need to fix it. I can't afford a
new liner right now so it will have to be patched. How can I go about it?

TIA

Don

Lorraine Errington

Aug 8, 2001, 3:22:56 PM8/8/01
First of all you will need to find the hole, reduce the water level a
couple of inches below the hole and clean and dry around the hole. Then you
use one of the following :-
1, The repair can be made easily with a pond repair patch

2 If its a small hole just use silicone sealer inject it through the hole
smooth off and leave to dry and refill pond.

3. For a larger hole get a piece of spare liner an inch or so bigger than
the hole each way and smear with silicone sealer and press over the hole
again leave to dry and refill.

I've used all the above and they work fine.

Jon

"Simon" <sim...@ntlworld.com> wrote in message

how

Aug 9, 2001, 11:32:24 AM8/9/01
First make sure it is the liner that is leaking. It could be
evaporation, how much is being lost daily?
Do you have a waterfall or any plumbing outside of the pond? These may
be leaking. Shut the system off (add an aquarium aerator) and see if the
leak stops. If it does then it is in the plumbing or waterfall. There
may be something diverting water from the falls, or perhaps splashing
which can amount to a lot of water.
If the leak continues let it leak until it stops. The leak will be at
this level. Put in about one inch of water and get a syringe with some
food dye (some use milk) and go around the perimeter gently squirting
dye. The leak will be apparent as the dye will move to the hole.
Once it is found and cleaned it can be patched with liner tape.

--
hth -_- how
reply to pondf...@bellsouth.net

funand...@gmail.com

May 9, 2014, 5:24:38 AM5/9/14
It is really amazing that several companies are coming up with more Roof products they are very beneficial for the people. These innovative materials will certainly promote the safety of our environment. Thank you for sharing this post. . http://www.pondpro2000.com/epdm-pond-liner.html