Help with liner repair

PETEFT15

May 5, 2000, 3:00:00 AM5/5/00
Hello,

I tried posting in rec.ponds, but I guess no one there could help... anyway,
we have some tears in our fish pond liner, and we'd like to patch them. The
only patch we've found in a pet and garden supply place is $15 for a 4"x6"
patch. We thought that a bit ridiculous. Is is ok to use swimming pool
patches for our fish pond? Or, does anyone have a better remedy, or know of a
more reasonably priced product?

Thanks in advance for your help,
Erin
No animals in my address

Ceos twpc

May 5, 2000, 3:00:00 AM5/5/00
<< Hello,

Hi! Love the "no animals in your address" :-)

Anyway, i would go to the AquaMart website online:

http://www.aqua-mart.com/

They have liner patch & would be most reasonable in price, i think. What kind
of liner are you trying to patch?
Laurie

PETEFT15

May 5, 2000, 3:00:00 AM5/5/00
>What kind
>of liner are you trying to patch?

Well, actually, I'm not sure! The pond was here when we moved in. It is a
thin black plastic that looks like it was just placed over the hole that was
dug in the ground.

Thanks for the web site...I'll check it out!

DFRyan35012020

May 5, 2000, 3:00:00 AM5/5/00
>From: pete...@cs.comCats

Hiya Erin!

If no one here is able to help you, perhaps you could try
http://www.watergardening.com I'm not certain if they archive, but a few
issues back they had a simple way to patch. If you don't find the answer here
in the ng or on this site, please email Fa...@Izap.com and I'll look the issue
up for you ;^) peace...debbie

>I tried posting in rec.ponds, but I guess no one there could help... anyway,
>we have some tears in our fish pond liner, and we'd like to patch them. The
>only patch we've found in a pet and garden supply place is $15 for a 4"x6"
>patch. We thought that a bit ridiculous. Is is ok to use swimming pool
>patches for our fish pond? Or, does anyone have a better remedy, or know of
>more reasonably priced product?
>
>Thanks in advance for your help,

George Sullivan

May 6, 2000, 3:00:00 AM5/6/00
I've made two repairs in liners. One spot I fixed with silicon glue and
another piece of liner. Clean both liner around the hole and ruff up the
liner and the repair patch with sandpaper. Apply the silicon glue too both
liner and patch material. Press the patch evenly on the liner over the hole.
Don't refill the pond for at least 24 hours. The other small hole I repaired
with double sided tape that is made for joining two liners together. I think
I have seen the tape for 75 cents or $1 per foot. Clean the liner, apply the
tape and put a piece of liner over the tape. Both patches are still holding
after one year.

"PETEFT15" <pete...@cs.comCats> wrote in message
> Hello,

George Sullivan

May 6, 2000, 3:00:00 AM5/6/00
Here is another link for repair tape.
http://www.aqua-mart.com/show.pl?cat=pump%3A%3Alineraccessories
George

liquidrub...@gmail.com

Feb 24, 2014, 8:49:58 AM2/24/14
Liner repairing is not an easy thing for anyone but I always recommend Pondpro2000 EPDM Pond Liner repair product it gives results for me.
http://www.pondpro2000.com/epdm-pond-liner.html