[CON] GloranthaCon Trivia Contest - contributors needed

Steven White

Jan 13, 2003, 11:03:31 PM1/13/03

Gathered Tribesfolk;

As Gloranthacon draws near (less than eight weeks!) we remember that
one of
the oldest traditions of a Gloranthacon is the "The Pub Triva Contest."
We've got a pub. We've got a con. Now we need some trivia...

We'd like the Gloranthan tribe to help us with this trivial pursuit.
Four of
the five rounds (Geography of Glorantha; Spirits, Gods & Scriptures; The
Lunars; Past, Present & Future) we will squeeze out of our illustrious
guests. For the fifth, though, we want your help - and whether or not
you
are coming, you can join this competition and win a prize.

The first round will simply be "Gloranthan Esoterica!" We want a list of
10
questions, starting with a few relatively simple ones and getting
steadily
more difficult until they reach a crescendo of frightfulness with
question
10, which should truly test the mettle of the most boookish
Gloranthaphile!

Come up with your list of 10 questions, with answers (and ideally
sources as
well) and submit them to us. The one we think best suits the quiz -
remember, they should start easy and get harder - the aim is for
everyone to
have fun, not be humilated for the ignorant rogues they undoubtedly
are!) -
will win its creator their choice of a map of the Lunar Empire, a copy
of Moon
Rites, or the Imperial Lunar Handbook, regardless of whether they are
coming
to Gloranthacon. However, if he or she is also coming to the con, then
there
will also be a free drink at the bar to celebrate.

Caveat: We would like to avoid questions like 'list ten subcults of
Orlanth'
- we would prefer questions which have a definite answer.

Send any replies to Paul Rocchi at pro...@sympatico.ca or to
gloran...@glorantha.com

We will be taking trivia entries until Feb 21, 2003.

Hope to hear from you soon!

Jeff Kyer
Gloranthacon VIII Organizer
March 7-9, 2003
Toronto, Canada
http://www.gloranthacon.com

P.S. For those coming to Gloranthacon, they have to be pre-registered by
the Feb 14th, 2003.