Help with missiles, please...

Tim Waldowski *or* Barbara Blackwell

May 3, 1996, 3:00:00 AM5/3/96

mak...@netcom.com (Don M. Saito) wrote:

>Any x-wing gurus out there that can give me some advice
>to handle incoming missiles?

Press the space bar to bring the missile up on the targeting display.
Then turn sharply when it gets close. It will sail by and take some
time to turn back at you. If you are bold shoot at bogeys in your
area while the missile is re-acquiring. When the missile closes again
turn sharply to evade it. Soon the missile runs out if fuel or
whatever and disappears from your targeting display. Other times I
try to shoot the missile with my lazers. It is easier in TIE Fighter
though.

My rule with bombers is to get them before they get me. Some missions
they are focused on other targets and on others they are out to get
you. Beware of the gunboats - they have concussion missiles like the
A-wing and pose the same kind of threat as the bombers.

Tim

Daniel George

May 5, 1996, 3:00:00 AM5/5/96

In article <makotoDq...@netcom.com>, mak...@netcom.com (Don M. Saito)
wrote:

> Any x-wing gurus out there that can give me some advice

> to handle incoming missiles? The computer asks me if I'd
> like to target them, but I don't know how to do that.
> Once a bomber gets a target lock on me, I'm as good as
> dead.
>
> I hate that!
>
> Any advice would be appreciated.
>
> Don Saito
> mak...@netcom.com
>

> --
> Don M. Saito
> mak...@netcom.com

To lock onto a missle you press space bar. Do what ever you can to make
the missle go past you when its very close to you.