Dread Amber Shards in Dread Wastes

Peter T.

Dec 6, 2012, 5:02:23 AM12/6/12
Is there a quest line for initiating the drops of the Dread Amber Shards
in Dread Wastes?

When my lock hit 90 in Townlong Steppes I stopped questing and started
dailies right away as I want the tailor recipes from the Celestial
August faction. 2-3 weeks ago I started doing the questlines for the
klaxxi dailies as well. I cant find anymore ordinary quests in DW and I
have searched the neighbor areas for NPCs that points me to more
questgivers in DW, but cant find any. I cant find any info on wowhead
and other sites...

--
Peter T.

| || ||| ||||| || |

Dec 6, 2012, 10:13:03 AM12/6/12

"Peter T." <pin...@hotmail.cum> wrote in message
?? http://www.wowhead.com/quest=31603

Peter T.

Dec 6, 2012, 1:13:44 PM12/6/12
Den 06-12-2012 16:13, | || ||| ||||| || | skrev:

> ?? http://www.wowhead.com/quest=31603

Yep. That quest. But as long as I dont find any shards I bet I have to
do one or more prequests which I cant find.

--
Peter T.

| || ||| ||||| || |

Dec 6, 2012, 5:12:48 PM12/6/12

"Peter T." <pin...@hotmail.cum> wrote in message
Looks like there is just one starter listed
If you have the quest and they don't drop they have a few % drop rate,
you could kill 50 of the dropper list
http://www.wowhead.com/item=87903#dropped-by
and have an 8% chance of not a drop,
you could kill 100 and have a 1% chance of not getting a drop.

Drop quest and restart ,
or
If a quest says get them they should drop, raise a ticket

http://www.wowhead.com/zone=6138#quests
http://www.wowhead.com/faction=1337#quests

Peter T.

Dec 6, 2012, 5:50:44 PM12/6/12
Den 06-12-2012 23:12, | || ||| ||||| || | skrev:

> Looks like there is just one starter listed
> If you have the quest and they don't drop they have a few % drop rate,
> you could kill 50 of the dropper list
> http://www.wowhead.com/item=87903#dropped-by
> and have an 8% chance of not a drop,
> you could kill 100 and have a 1% chance of not getting a drop.

You dont have to start the quest before you can get the chards. And Im
halfway through revered with klaxxi and not a single drop have occured.

> Drop quest and restart ,
> or
> If a quest says get them they should drop, raise a ticket
>
> http://www.wowhead.com/zone=6138#quests
> http://www.wowhead.com/faction=1337#quests

There isnt really a queststarter. Actually the questgiver is marked by
a questionmark and not the usual exclamationmark. You just hand in the
shards, get the rep and thats it. And if you have done some klaxxi
dailies you would know this. :)

--
Peter T.

Catriona R

Dec 6, 2012, 6:02:27 PM12/6/12

On Thu, 06 Dec 2012 23:50:44 +0100, "Peter T." <pin...@hotmail.cum>
wrote:

>Den 06-12-2012 23:12, | || ||| ||||| || | skrev:
>
>> Looks like there is just one starter listed
>> If you have the quest and they don't drop they have a few % drop rate,
>> you could kill 50 of the dropper list
>> http://www.wowhead.com/item=87903#dropped-by
>> and have an 8% chance of not a drop,
>> you could kill 100 and have a 1% chance of not getting a drop.
>
>You dont have to start the quest before you can get the chards. And Im
>halfway through revered with klaxxi and not a single drop have occured.

They don't drop very often, so you may just have been unlucky. I only
did that handin twice before I hit exalted...

Peter T.

Dec 7, 2012, 4:01:07 AM12/7/12
Den 07-12-2012 00:02, Catriona R skrev:

> They don't drop very often, so you may just have been unlucky. I only
> did that handin twice before I hit exalted...

Me too on another toon. :)

BUT! I think I found a small stick on the floor in the Amber Vault
north in DW. The stick was actually a recipe with a quest called
"Sacred Recipe". I handed in that and 5 other quests appeared at the
quest hub. I bet I have found the missing link for the Dread Amber
Shards! :)

<http://www.wowhead.com/quest=31068>

--
Peter T.

Catriona R

Dec 7, 2012, 6:35:17 AM12/7/12

On Fri, 07 Dec 2012 10:01:07 +0100, "Peter T." <pin...@hotmail.cum>
wrote:
Aha, hope that helps then! :-)

Peter T.

Dec 8, 2012, 1:52:13 AM12/8/12
Den 07-12-2012 12:35, Catriona R skrev:

>> <http://www.wowhead.com/quest=31068>
>
> Aha, hope that helps then! :-)

It didnt. I got exalted with klaxxi this morning, but I never got the
final quest line where you get the 489 ring. Mount again. I found
<http://www.wowhead.com/quest=31661> which gave me access to the daily
shard quest. But still no final quest line... Hmmmm!

--
Peter T.

Peter T.

Dec 8, 2012, 4:31:11 AM12/8/12
Finally I got my klaxxi ring! I had to do *all* quests in DW including
the Angler quests in southeastern DW! This guide helped me as all
Paragons have to be solved before the final quest line appears. :)

<http://www.wowhead.com/achievement=7312/amber-is-the-color-of-my-energy>

--
Peter T.

Catriona R

Dec 8, 2012, 5:59:46 AM12/8/12

On Sat, 08 Dec 2012 10:31:11 +0100, "Peter T." <pin...@hotmail.cum>
wrote:
I would never have thought of needing to do that batch of quests, I
knew you needed all the paragons but assumed the Anglers chain was
unrelated! Glad you found it eventually anyway, and I'll make a note
of that for my alts, don't skip the Anglers bit :-)