Finally! Fire-watcher title!

Peter T.

Mar 27, 2020, 7:47:09 AM3/27/20
I guess I've spent 1 year on farming that ach. 2000 killing blows. *sigh*

I'm happy it was reduced from 10.000 killing blows though. :)

--
Peter T.

Catriona R

Mar 27, 2020, 11:21:40 PM3/27/20
On Fri, 27 Mar 2020 12:47:08 +0100, "Peter T." <pin...@hotmail.moc>
wrote:

>I guess I've spent 1 year on farming that ach. 2000 killing blows. *sigh*
>
>I'm happy it was reduced from 10.000 killing blows though. :)

Oh wow, congrats! I long ago filed that in the "too much effort" box
in my mind lol, probably farmable enough in a quiet corner using an
alt by now but still, it's a LOT of work! I've done a few big grinds
but those involving pvp are too much for me hehe.

My current target is the brutosaur mount before it's removed, think it
was early December they announced that, and I had 3 million gold
across my account (and was rather annoyed with myself for paying my
sub with gold through most of 2019, spent at least 1.5 million on
that); I now have 4.3 million, so should be safe to get it in time,
just takes consistent playing and trying to earn a reasonable amount
each day. The influx of people enjoying the levelling speed bonus has
caused a nice spike in glyph sales this week, which is a big help :-)

Peter T.

Mar 29, 2020, 2:41:43 PM3/29/20
Den 28-03-2020 kl. 04:21 skrev Catriona R:
> On Fri, 27 Mar 2020 12:47:08 +0100, "Peter T." <pin...@hotmail.moc>
> wrote:
>
>> I guess I've spent 1 year on farming that ach. 2000 killing blows. *sigh*
>>
>> I'm happy it was reduced from 10.000 killing blows though. :)
>
> Oh wow, congrats! I long ago filed that in the "too much effort" box
> in my mind lol, probably farmable enough in a quiet corner using an
> alt by now but still, it's a LOT of work! I've done a few big grinds
> but those involving pvp are too much for me hehe.

You should be able to make it with your bf unless your accounts are
linked somehow. Let him have a stripped char and you kill him over an
over again. I decided to do it the intended way though. :)
I'm on/off with wow. I returned a week ago after being away for 11-12
months. I haven't missed much I see. But when I farmed those bloody
coins I did around 4 BGs every day. One loss and one win in average.
0-5 killing blows every day. With this week's ashran brawl I have made
some higher numbers luckily.

> My current target is the brutosaur mount before it's removed, think it
> was early December they announced that, and I had 3 million gold
> across my account (and was rather annoyed with myself for paying my
> sub with gold through most of 2019, spent at least 1.5 million on
> that); I now have 4.3 million, so should be safe to get it in time,
> just takes consistent playing and trying to earn a reasonable amount
> each day. The influx of people enjoying the levelling speed bonus has
> caused a nice spike in glyph sales this week, which is a big help :-)

Are you sure it won't last through the next expansion? Afaik they said
the same with the spider mount. But (another) afaik it's still available.

--
Peter T.

Catriona R

Mar 29, 2020, 6:42:30 PM3/29/20
On Sun, 29 Mar 2020 20:41:39 +0200, "Peter T." <pin...@hotmail.moc>
wrote:

>Den 28-03-2020 kl. 04:21 skrev Catriona R:
>> On Fri, 27 Mar 2020 12:47:08 +0100, "Peter T." <pin...@hotmail.moc>
>> wrote:
>>
>>> I guess I've spent 1 year on farming that ach. 2000 killing blows. *sigh*
>>>
>>> I'm happy it was reduced from 10.000 killing blows though. :)
>>
>> Oh wow, congrats! I long ago filed that in the "too much effort" box
>> in my mind lol, probably farmable enough in a quiet corner using an
>> alt by now but still, it's a LOT of work! I've done a few big grinds
>> but those involving pvp are too much for me hehe.
>
>You should be able to make it with your bf unless your accounts are
>linked somehow. Let him have a stripped char and you kill him over an
>over again. I decided to do it the intended way though. :)
>I'm on/off with wow. I returned a week ago after being away for 11-12
>months. I haven't missed much I see. But when I farmed those bloody
>coins I did around 4 BGs every day. One loss and one win in average.
>0-5 killing blows every day. With this week's ashran brawl I have made
>some higher numbers luckily.

Ouch, that is a LOT of work, respect, I couldn't do that grind I
think. And I play healer, so... killing blows in a BG? No chance lol,
I don't even have shadow word death for sniping low health any ore
hehe.

>> My current target is the brutosaur mount before it's removed, think it
>> was early December they announced that, and I had 3 million gold
>> across my account (and was rather annoyed with myself for paying my
>> sub with gold through most of 2019, spent at least 1.5 million on
>> that); I now have 4.3 million, so should be safe to get it in time,
>> just takes consistent playing and trying to earn a reasonable amount
>> each day. The influx of people enjoying the levelling speed bonus has
>> caused a nice spike in glyph sales this week, which is a big help :-)
>
>Are you sure it won't last through the next expansion? Afaik they said
>the same with the spider mount. But (another) afaik it's still available.

Don't recall them saying that with the spider, but they definitely and
clearly said a few months back that the brutosaur will be removed with
patch 9.0. They might yet change their minds but I won't be counting
on it, way better to make sure I've got it beforehand! Had thought
it'd be too big a task but the progress I've made so far, it should be
fine, phew :-) Kinda fun learning how to make more money than I used
to tbh, I quite fancy that spider so might carry on afterwards, I'll
never be a really rich person but can make steady income anyway.

Peter T.

Mar 30, 2020, 7:31:58 AM3/30/20
Den 30-03-2020 kl. 00:42 skrev Catriona R:

> Kinda fun learning how to make more money than I used
> to tbh, I quite fancy that spider so might carry on afterwards, I'll
> never be a really rich person but can make steady income anyway.

Say if you need gold. Please. I still have ~1M gold (I found another
400K on my druid this morning lol). I dont do the AH game anymore and I
have made like 50K gold just on questing the last 7-8 days. So I'm
definitely not in lack of gold. :)

--
Peter T.

Catriona R

Mar 30, 2020, 3:52:11 PM3/30/20
On Mon, 30 Mar 2020 13:31:57 +0200, "Peter T." <pin...@hotmail.moc>
wrote:
Thanks :-) I don't think I'll need it though; the glyph market has
really picked up this last week or so, making me glad I've been
farming glyph recipes lately, even gems are selling a bit better, so
it's a good time for gold at present :-)

Lewis

Mar 31, 2020, 1:40:51 AM3/31/20
Did they add useful glyphs?

--
2 is not equal to 3, not even for large values of 2. Grabel's Law

Peter T.

Mar 31, 2020, 5:25:09 AM3/31/20
Den 30-03-2020 kl. 21:52 skrev Catriona R:

>> Say if you need gold. Please. I still have ~1M gold (I found another
>> 400K on my druid this morning lol). I dont do the AH game anymore and I
>> have made like 50K gold just on questing the last 7-8 days. So I'm
>> definitely not in lack of gold. :)
>
> Thanks :-) I don't think I'll need it though; the glyph market has
> really picked up this last week or so, making me glad I've been
> farming glyph recipes lately, even gems are selling a bit better, so
> it's a good time for gold at present :-)

Cool! This reminds of my time as the *glyph king* when I ruled the AH
back in wotlk and pandaria. Fun times. =)

I've made another 7K gold on dailies here and there + the usual 3-4
battlegrounds since yesterday. And I really dont know where I get all
the gold from besides selling grey items.

--
Peter T.

Catriona R

Mar 31, 2020, 6:26:01 PM3/31/20
Same old ones we've had for ages, have to say I don't even use any on
my characters now, but seems some levelling alts are buying them at
present which I don't complain about when I'm selling :-)

Catriona R

Mar 31, 2020, 6:34:15 PM3/31/20
On Tue, 31 Mar 2020 11:25:08 +0200, "Peter T." <pin...@hotmail.moc>
wrote:

>Den 30-03-2020 kl. 21:52 skrev Catriona R:
>
>>> Say if you need gold. Please. I still have ~1M gold (I found another
>>> 400K on my druid this morning lol). I dont do the AH game anymore and I
>>> have made like 50K gold just on questing the last 7-8 days. So I'm
>>> definitely not in lack of gold. :)
>>
>> Thanks :-) I don't think I'll need it though; the glyph market has
>> really picked up this last week or so, making me glad I've been
>> farming glyph recipes lately, even gems are selling a bit better, so
>> it's a good time for gold at present :-)
>
>Cool! This reminds of my time as the *glyph king* when I ruled the AH
>back in wotlk and pandaria. Fun times. =)

Hehe nice! I used to get a fair bit of money from it, haven't done a
lot the last few expansions but it's going nicely at present, helps
that many glyphs use Legion herbs and so are actually quite expensive
(and, amazingly, the sellers haven't crashed the glyphs down to below
herb value yet).

>I've made another 7K gold on dailies here and there + the usual 3-4
>battlegrounds since yesterday. And I really dont know where I get all
>the gold from besides selling grey items.

Lol yeah it adds up quite fast, I tend to get quite a lot from gold
emissaries and paragon chests particularly, cooking up feasts to sell
(requires a BoP ingredient from Mechagon, so are actually limited) is
also pretty nice. I had a target of 8-10k a day and hit that most
days, till I went over so much that now I really only need about 5k a
day and I'll be safe to get the brutosaur before 9.0. And that's with
an estimate of July for 9.0, which is categorically not happening now;
it's April tomorrow and we don't even have unencrypted alpha, and with
everyone having to work from home now, it'll be a slower development
I'd guess, hitting this year at all will be good going!

Thinking of resubbing my 2nd account now, with Legion getting the
legacy loot treatment (so raidbosses drop multiple items, not a chance
at a single one via personal loot), my bf is keen on some sets from
Legion so duoing raids will be fun, and I quite fancy the T6 lookalike
set for my druid (on the unsubbed account), so seems a good time with
the exp buff as well :-)

Catriona R

Apr 6, 2020, 8:25:25 PM4/6/20
On Tue, 31 Mar 2020 11:25:08 +0200, "Peter T." <pin...@hotmail.moc>
wrote:
So I resubbed my 2nd account this weekend to have a go at Legion raids
for transmog now they added legacy loot (duoing with my bf, but
there's some really nice druid sets in that expansion so having him
tag along on follow), and discovered I had more gold on that account
than I knew about; I'd thought it was about 300k but it was 500k.
Combined with some really good gem sales thanks to warfront
contributions the past couple of days and I got myself a brutosaur
earlier tonight :-D I now have no gold lol, about 15k left spread
across my 6 highest lvl characters... so I guess the goldfarming will
have to continue for a bit until I feel slightly less broke, but
still, really happy to have hit such a big goal already!

Btw, was it you who suggested I try Comp Stomp brawl for Defilers rep
ages back? If so, thanks for the tip! I actually got around to it this
week and hit exalted a few minutes ago, today was a successful day :-)
It's a fun one, I'll probably do that a bit when it comes up in future
too, great way to get marks of honor.

Peter T.

Apr 7, 2020, 3:52:08 AM4/7/20
Den 07-04-2020 kl. 02:25 skrev Catriona R:

> So I resubbed my 2nd account this weekend to have a go at Legion raids
> for transmog now they added legacy loot (duoing with my bf, but
> there's some really nice druid sets in that expansion so having him
> tag along on follow), and discovered I had more gold on that account
> than I knew about; I'd thought it was about 300k but it was 500k.
> Combined with some really good gem sales thanks to warfront
> contributions the past couple of days and I got myself a brutosaur
> earlier tonight :-D

Grats!

> I now have no gold lol, about 15k left spread
> across my 6 highest lvl characters... so I guess the goldfarming will
> have to continue for a bit until I feel slightly less broke, but
> still, really happy to have hit such a big goal already!
>
> Btw, was it you who suggested I try Comp Stomp brawl for Defilers rep
> ages back? If so, thanks for the tip! I actually got around to it this
> week and hit exalted a few minutes ago, today was a successful day :-)
> It's a fun one, I'll probably do that a bit when it comes up in future
> too, great way to get marks of honor.

Good to hear. :) I don't know if the WSG brawl still exists. But if it
does you should visit that one too once it pops. 3 flags in front of
each base. You need to cap them 10 times for a win and 1 flag gives 100
rep. A win in this brawl yields around 2000 rep if I'm not wrong. Skip
the moaning from the other players and focus 110% on flagruns all the
time. Even a loss gives a nice sack of reputation. :)

--
Peter T.

Catriona R

Apr 7, 2020, 12:09:30 PM4/7/20
On Tue, 7 Apr 2020 09:51:55 +0200, "Peter T." <pin...@hotmail.moc>
wrote:
Oh that sounds good, will keep an eye out for it, though it'll take
pure luck for me to notice it as I rarely pay much attention to what's
going on in PVP lol, will probably find out it was on a few days after
it ends! Enjoyed Comp Stomp though, suits me nicely, although I do
wish the bots didn't focus fire so effectively, most unrealistic AI
there lol ;-)

Peter T.

Apr 14, 2020, 10:12:15 AM4/14/20
Den 07-04-2020 kl. 02:25 skrev Catriona R:

> contributions the past couple of days and I got myself a brutosaur
> earlier tonight :-D

I just restarted my mount farm again. I realized I was 18 mounts behind
the 350 mounts ach. So I spent ~100k on 3 mounts on AH and another 150K
on 2 rep mounts. That's 337/350 mounts so far. But I'm not gonna park
8-10 chars outside a raid entrance anymore like I did a few years ago.
That is simple too tedious. :)
But I also checked my guild banks a few days ago. I still have 2 guild
banks stocked with gear from the crates in WoD + a lot more on 2 chars.
Plenty of gear that doesn't exists in the game anymore which TSM values
quite high.
But I also found the plans for Dirge on one char. It's a very very very
very very very rare worlddrop like many other plans and recipes in TBC.
So I hope I can make a few coins on it. ;)

--
Peter T.

Catriona R

Apr 14, 2020, 10:36:19 PM4/14/20
On Tue, 14 Apr 2020 16:12:13 +0200, "Peter T." <pin...@hotmail.moc>
wrote:

>Den 07-04-2020 kl. 02:25 skrev Catriona R:
>
>> contributions the past couple of days and I got myself a brutosaur
>> earlier tonight :-D
>
>I just restarted my mount farm again. I realized I was 18 mounts behind
>the 350 mounts ach. So I spent ~100k on 3 mounts on AH and another 150K
>on 2 rep mounts. That's 337/350 mounts so far. But I'm not gonna park
>8-10 chars outside a raid entrance anymore like I did a few years ago.
>That is simple too tedious. :)

Oh nice, good luck! Had to login to check my progress lol, I stopped
checking after I hit 300, figuring I was miles off, but apparently
it's.... 349. Lol, I guess I'll start farming something then! I
finally got the white raptor from Arathi today, been wanting that for
ages, I'm down to just the one to farm there now, thank goodness. If
that doesn't drop from my 4 other 120 alts this week I guess I'll get
back into farming Army of the Light rep for paragon caches; I normally
just do it on WQ bonus week but tbh it'll be a cache every 2nd day
even outside bonus week so probably one of the easier chances. Think I
never got the ZG panther yet either, so I can park an alt outside that
place too, one run per day is enough though.

>But I also checked my guild banks a few days ago. I still have 2 guild
>banks stocked with gear from the crates in WoD + a lot more on 2 chars.
>Plenty of gear that doesn't exists in the game anymore which TSM values
>quite high.

Ooh nice. Although take care; I had some that didn't drop any more,
but other items have same appearance... they might be listed high but
they never sell lol. However some have unique appearances and those
must be worth tons!

>But I also found the plans for Dirge on one char. It's a very very very
>very very very rare worlddrop like many other plans and recipes in TBC.
>So I hope I can make a few coins on it. ;)

Oh wow nice! Again, caution with selling rates, as I've been trying to
sell a rareish recipe for 6 months without success... but mine's for
an engineering trinket, not a desirable transmog, yours should have a
better chance :-)

Peter T.

Apr 15, 2020, 7:06:37 AM4/15/20
Den 15-04-2020 kl. 04:36 skrev Catriona R:
> Oh nice, good luck! Had to login to check my progress lol, I stopped
> checking after I hit 300, figuring I was miles off, but apparently
> it's.... 349. Lol, I guess I'll start farming something then! I
> finally got the white raptor from Arathi today, been wanting that for
> ages, I'm down to just the one to farm there now, thank goodness.

Do you have the mail muncher from the horrific vision? It should be a
guaranteed 100% drop if you loot one of the mailboxes.
I looted a mailbox a week ago and fought something. No mount though. I
guess I had to loot the corpse. :)

--
Peter T.

Catriona R

Apr 15, 2020, 9:17:34 AM4/15/20
On Wed, 15 Apr 2020 13:06:34 +0200, "Peter T." <pin...@hotmail.moc>
wrote:
Not at all guaranteed lol, only guaranteed if the mail muncher spawns,
which is a low chance based on my results of opening every box I pass
for for many many runs ;-) Maybe one day I'll get lucky but I'm not
banking on that one happening anytime soon!

Peter T.

Apr 15, 2020, 11:06:32 AM4/15/20
Den 15-04-2020 kl. 15:17 skrev Catriona R:

> Not at all guaranteed lol, only guaranteed if the mail muncher spawns,
> which is a low chance based on my results of opening every box I pass
> for for many many runs ;-) Maybe one day I'll get lucky but I'm not
> banking on that one happening anytime soon!

Aaaahhhh! :D

--
Peter T.

Peter T.

Apr 20, 2020, 7:32:24 AM4/20/20
Well. It seems I'm in luck. Ishak just dropped for me after 5 or 6
attempts. And the mount from the houndlord rare in vale also dropped
after 6-8 attempts. 339/350. Plus the lasso dropped from one of the
mogus this morning. Now I just have to find the ivory cloud serpent.
I'm also working my way through battle commendations (69/150) in
nazjatar and I need 13 service medals from the new hc warfront mount.

--
Peter T.

Peter T.

Apr 20, 2020, 7:33:40 AM4/20/20
Den 20-04-2020 kl. 13:32 skrev Peter T.:

> Well.  It seems I'm in luck.  Ishak just dropped for me after 5 or 6
> attempts.  And the mount from the houndlord rare in vale also dropped
> after 6-8 attempts.  339/350.  Plus the lasso dropped from one of the
> mogus this morning.  Now I just have to find the ivory cloud serpent.
> I'm also working my way through battle commendations (69/150) in
> nazjatar and I need 13 service medals from the new hc warfront mount.

I forgot to mention I have 524/1000 seafarer's dubloon for the bird
mount. I really want _that_ monut! =)

--
Peter T.

Catriona R

Apr 20, 2020, 12:17:38 PM4/20/20
On Mon, 20 Apr 2020 13:33:41 +0200, "Peter T." <pin...@hotmail.moc>
wrote:

>Den 20-04-2020 kl. 13:32 skrev Peter T.:
>
>> Well.  It seems I'm in luck.  Ishak just dropped for me after 5 or 6
>> attempts.  And the mount from the houndlord rare in vale also dropped
>> after 6-8 attempts.  339/350.  Plus the lasso dropped from one of the
>> mogus this morning.  Now I just have to find the ivory cloud serpent.
>> I'm also working my way through battle commendations (69/150) in
>> nazjatar and I need 13 service medals from the new hc warfront mount.

Sounds like it's going well! At somepoint I'll force myself to try a
heroic warfront for that mount, I have enough tokens but haven't
unlocked it, didn't much enjoy them on normal so didn't really think a
harder version sounded fun, but once for the achievement may not be so
bad.

The rep bonus buff starting today will be a help for me on the last
two legion paragon mounts, hopefully luck will finally go my way
soon...

>I forgot to mention I have 524/1000 seafarer's dubloon for the bird
>mount. I really want _that_ monut! =)

Oh nice! I'm nowhere near that but as I've resubbed my 2nd account and
my bf is currently subbed, we can do islands again (I *hate* forced
pugging of something I'm perfectly capable of soloing/duoing so just
don't do them unless we can supply all 3 accounts between us), so I'll
start saving doubloons and see how it goes, currently picking up the
vendor pets but mount will follow, maybe I should save for the mount
with my main and use alts for the pets which need fewer, probably more
efficient!

Peter T.

Apr 20, 2020, 11:02:26 PM4/20/20
Den 20-04-2020 kl. 18:17 skrev Catriona R:

> Sounds like it's going well! At somepoint I'll force myself to try a
> heroic warfront for that mount, I have enough tokens but haven't
> unlocked it, didn't much enjoy them on normal so didn't really think a
> harder version sounded fun, but once for the achievement may not be so
> bad.

I have a strong feeling that nobody is going to miss the warfront
scenarios if Blizzard decides to not include them in shadowlands.
I did the heroic Darkshore a single time on my mage (430ish at that
time) and it was almost just as easy as the original warfront. They
have a litte more health and they smash you a little harder. But
nothing special imho. The worse part are all the moaners. Luckily the
badboy addon has an excellent extension (Ccleaner) for those as it's
able to filter on "noobs", "nabs", "retards" etc.
I cant remember if you get 445 or 460 gear from hc darkshore. Hc arathi
highlands only drops 430 ifair.

> Oh nice! I'm nowhere near that but as I've resubbed my 2nd account and
> my bf is currently subbed, we can do islands again (I *hate* forced
> pugging of something I'm perfectly capable of soloing/duoing so just
> don't do them unless we can supply all 3 accounts between us), so I'll
> start saving doubloons and see how it goes, currently picking up the
> vendor pets but mount will follow, maybe I should save for the mount
> with my main and use alts for the pets which need fewer, probably more
> efficient!

Well. Yell if you can use me. I like doing them. Tomorrow I will
rumble a lot of them as I have been busy with other things in the game
lately. :)
A tip for the islands: dont loot chests or boxes. Just bodypull a few
groups while mounted up and nuke them down. it goes quicker with that
method.

--
Peter T.

Lewis

Apr 21, 2020, 1:59:37 AM4/21/20
In message <r7lno0$hhg$1...@gioia.aioe.org> Peter T. <pin...@hotmail.moc> wrote:
> Den 20-04-2020 kl. 18:17 skrev Catriona R:

>> Sounds like it's going well! At somepoint I'll force myself to try a
>> heroic warfront for that mount, I have enough tokens but haven't
>> unlocked it, didn't much enjoy them on normal so didn't really think a
>> harder version sounded fun, but once for the achievement may not be so
>> bad.

> I have a strong feeling that nobody is going to miss the warfront
> scenarios if Blizzard decides to not include them in shadowlands.

I certainly wouldn't. However, a friend of mine who plays WoW far more
than I does them every time they are up.

They seemed popular the few times I've done them (that is, getting a
group together only took 5-10 minutes for a heroic one.

> I did the heroic Darkshore a single time on my mage (430ish at that
> time) and it was almost just as easy as the original warfront. They
> have a litte more health and they smash you a little harder. But
> nothing special imho.

If you were 430 when you did the non-heroic you should have noticed a
HUGE difference. But I mostly did Arathi as Darkshore is super dull.

At leas the boss invading the Keep is a decent fight and takes some
coordination. Some.

--
I NO LONGER WANT MY MTV Bart chalkboard Ep. 3G02

Catriona R

Apr 24, 2020, 12:10:16 PM4/24/20
On Tue, 21 Apr 2020 05:02:25 +0200, "Peter T." <pin...@hotmail.moc>
wrote:

>Den 20-04-2020 kl. 18:17 skrev Catriona R:
>
>> Sounds like it's going well! At somepoint I'll force myself to try a
>> heroic warfront for that mount, I have enough tokens but haven't
>> unlocked it, didn't much enjoy them on normal so didn't really think a
>> harder version sounded fun, but once for the achievement may not be so
>> bad.
>
>I have a strong feeling that nobody is going to miss the warfront
>scenarios if Blizzard decides to not include them in shadowlands.
>I did the heroic Darkshore a single time on my mage (430ish at that
>time) and it was almost just as easy as the original warfront. They
>have a litte more health and they smash you a little harder. But
>nothing special imho. The worse part are all the moaners. Luckily the
>badboy addon has an excellent extension (Ccleaner) for those as it's
>able to filter on "noobs", "nabs", "retards" etc.

Yeah other people tend to put me off all group acitivity these days
lol, I may well give it a go sometime though, can't be *that* bad if I
go soon after it opens, hopefully.

>I cant remember if you get 445 or 460 gear from hc darkshore. Hc arathi
>highlands only drops 430 ifair.

Darkshore is 460; it was bugged the first 2 months and credited you
for the heroic quest if you did normal... I didn't do it the first
time as I figured obvious bug/exploit, bt the 2nd time I figured
theyleft it in this long, so it must be ok - and got a 460 for the
slot my best corruption is in, typical lol.

>> Oh nice! I'm nowhere near that but as I've resubbed my 2nd account and
>> my bf is currently subbed, we can do islands again (I *hate* forced
>> pugging of something I'm perfectly capable of soloing/duoing so just
>> don't do them unless we can supply all 3 accounts between us), so I'll
>> start saving doubloons and see how it goes, currently picking up the
>> vendor pets but mount will follow, maybe I should save for the mount
>> with my main and use alts for the pets which need fewer, probably more
>> efficient!
>
>Well. Yell if you can use me. I like doing them. Tomorrow I will
>rumble a lot of them as I have been busy with other things in the game
>lately. :)
>A tip for the islands: dont loot chests or boxes. Just bodypull a few
>groups while mounted up and nuke them down. it goes quicker with that
>method.

Hehe yeah, until you get a pack that fears on mythic... that with 2
other packs was annoying and took forever lol :-P

Catriona R

Apr 24, 2020, 6:26:23 PM4/24/20
On Wed, 15 Apr 2020 03:36:17 +0100, Catriona R
<catriona...@totalise.co.uk> wrote:

>On Tue, 14 Apr 2020 16:12:13 +0200, "Peter T." <pin...@hotmail.moc>
>wrote:
>>I just restarted my mount farm again. I realized I was 18 mounts behind
>>the 350 mounts ach. So I spent ~100k on 3 mounts on AH and another 150K
>>on 2 rep mounts. That's 337/350 mounts so far. But I'm not gonna park
>>8-10 chars outside a raid entrance anymore like I did a few years ago.
>>That is simple too tedious. :)
>
>Oh nice, good luck! Had to login to check my progress lol, I stopped
>checking after I hit 300, figuring I was miles off, but apparently
>it's.... 349.

So with all the Legion mounts I was going for (2 paragon and 2 drops
in Argus)... Corpse Eater in Uldum dropped his mount first! Nice to
have some luck anyway, now to hope some of the Legion mounts drop
too...

Peter T.

Apr 25, 2020, 4:32:06 AM4/25/20
Den 25-04-2020 kl. 00:26 skrev Catriona R:

> So with all the Legion mounts I was going for (2 paragon and 2 drops
> in Argus)... Corpse Eater in Uldum dropped his mount first! Nice to
> have some luck anyway, now to hope some of the Legion mounts drop
> too...

So you got the ach? :) Corpse eater is on my farm list too.

--
Peter T.

Catriona R

Apr 25, 2020, 9:58:03 PM4/25/20
On Sat, 25 Apr 2020 10:32:06 +0200, "Peter T." <pin...@hotmail.moc>
wrote:
Yep! :-) Wasn't even specifically aiming for it, just a lucky result
of doing the assault and figuring lets kill the mount rare while he's
up!

Peter T.

Apr 26, 2020, 6:57:10 AM4/26/20
Den 20-04-2020 kl. 13:32 skrev Peter T.:

> Well.  It seems I'm in luck.  Ishak just dropped for me after 5 or 6
> attempts.  And the mount from the houndlord rare in vale also dropped
> after 6-8 attempts.  339/350.

Waste marauder dropped in second attempt from rotfeather lol

> Plus the lasso dropped from one of the
> mogus this morning.  Now I just have to find the ivory cloud serpent.

That bugger never spawns. :/

341/350

--
Peter T.

Catriona R

Apr 26, 2020, 6:01:59 PM4/26/20
On Sun, 26 Apr 2020 12:57:09 +0200, "Peter T." <pin...@hotmail.moc>
wrote:

>Den 20-04-2020 kl. 13:32 skrev Peter T.:
>
>> Well.  It seems I'm in luck.  Ishak just dropped for me after 5 or 6
>> attempts.  And the mount from the houndlord rare in vale also dropped
>> after 6-8 attempts.  339/350.
>
>Waste marauder dropped in second attempt from rotfeather lol

Grats! All 3 of those are ones I don't yet have lol, corpse eater is
the only assault mount drop who's been kind to me so far :-)

>> Plus the lasso dropped from one of the
>> mogus this morning.  Now I just have to find the ivory cloud serpent.
>
>That bugger never spawns. :/

Yep! I'm thinking my best bet it to try and get the lassoo on my demon
hunter and then wait for Shadowlands, when BFA zones should in theory
become un-crossrealmed on RP realms (My DH exists purely for
open-world rare hunting; I rolled her on the quietest RP realm I could
find after I heard they're not crossrealmed lol - they *are*
crossrealmed in current content, but only with other RP realms, in old
content it's lovely and qiet... except for other people who had the
same idea as me, anyway)

>341/350

Great one, won't take too long, if you miss any legion paragon rep
mounts now is a good time for farming, too, especially Army of the
Light, I can almost get a chest per day from them and they have 3
mounts from that chest.

Catriona R

Apr 26, 2020, 7:22:57 PM4/26/20
On Sun, 26 Apr 2020 23:01:58 +0100, Catriona R
<catriona...@totalise.co.uk> wrote:

>Great one, won't take too long, if you miss any legion paragon rep
>mounts now is a good time for farming, too, especially Army of the
>Light, I can almost get a chest per day from them and they have 3
>mounts from that chest.

And my 3rd one finally dropped just now, 41 paragon chests, urgh. I'd
be glad to not return but there's still 2 mounts and a pet from rares
there which refuse to drop so I guess I keep returning, at least now I
can ignore the rest of it though! Well, except farming demon eyes for
that pet and the teleport to the last rare for the zone achievement...
sigh, I'm not done there at all lol.

28 attempts and counting at the Nightfallen mount too, well maybe I
can get that one this month of bonus rep too!

Peter T.

Apr 29, 2020, 11:29:51 AM4/29/20
Den 15-04-2020 kl. 13:06 skrev Peter T.:

> Do you have the mail muncher from the horrific vision?  It should be a
> guaranteed 100% drop if you loot one of the mailboxes.
> I looted a mailbox a week ago and fought something.  No mount though.  I
> guess I had to loot the corpse. :)

Mail muncher dropped for me last night. When I did my full clear, got
to the reward room and opened chests I also got a pet. Unbelievable. I
have started lurking in Mechagon for mounts as well. But I have to run
out of luck and that island is the perfect place. :)

Btw. The visions are way easier around rank 10-13 compared to rank 1-9.
Last night I had plenty of time to search for more boxes due to the
talent tree and my cloak's 65% corruption resistance. And I still need
to tick the last box in the talent tree. It feels weird.

--
Peter T.

Catriona R

Apr 29, 2020, 9:41:50 PM4/29/20
On Wed, 29 Apr 2020 17:29:50 +0200, "Peter T." <pin...@hotmail.moc>
wrote:

>Den 15-04-2020 kl. 13:06 skrev Peter T.:
>
>> Do you have the mail muncher from the horrific vision?  It should be a
>> guaranteed 100% drop if you loot one of the mailboxes.
>> I looted a mailbox a week ago and fought something.  No mount though.  I
>> guess I had to loot the corpse. :)
>
>Mail muncher dropped for me last night. When I did my full clear, got
>to the reward room and opened chests I also got a pet. Unbelievable. I
>have started lurking in Mechagon for mounts as well. But I have to run
>out of luck and that island is the perfect place. :)

Congrats! Still trying for that muncher, maybe one day! Mechagon is
pretty good, I got the one from Rustfeather a while back which is
good, as the rare for the other one does a zonewide yell on spawn, so
as long as I'm in fairly quick flying range I don't need to actively
camp the spawn, can usually get there in time (well, when people don't
nuke it to the max so it dies in 10 seconds flat...)

>Btw. The visions are way easier around rank 10-13 compared to rank 1-9.
> Last night I had plenty of time to search for more boxes due to the
>talent tree and my cloak's 65% corruption resistance. And I still need
>to tick the last box in the talent tree. It feels weird.

Yep! Really liked the feeling of progress as the improved cloak made
it easier. Hit a bit of a wall now I've maxed the cloak and talents
though, can do 2 masks comfortably with my bf, and 1 mask ok solo
(mostly comfortable except just 2 particularly hard mobs which often
"kill" me and blow my emergency res...), but any more isn't happening
so far. Might have another try at 3 masks with my bf this week, as
that awful madness that traps you in a circle isn't up this week -
it's that one which gets me killed, trapping me on top of things I
really need to move out of!

The big problem is gearing; because they removed warforging I'm just
stuck, feel like I need better gear to progress, but can't get better
gear without being able to do higher difficulty visions (and even then
I'll never get better than 445 weapon/ring/trinket). Feels harsh that
content meant to be soloed (as an option, at least) really needs gear
from non-solo content to be able to progress further, I'm hoping that
Torghast in Shadowlands will be an improvement on that and have its
in-zone buffs be strong enough to offset gearing issues, as I really
love the concept, just don't love hitting a brick wall with my
progress.

Peter T.

May 3, 2020, 12:23:34 PM5/3/20
I just read a mount can drop from the unshackled paragon chest as well.

--
Peter T.

Catriona R

May 3, 2020, 9:54:25 PM5/3/20
On Sun, 3 May 2020 18:23:33 +0200, "Peter T." <pin...@hotmail.moc>
wrote:
First thought: "whaat? Oh no..." lol. Second thought: "Hang on,
neither Rarity or All the Things are mentioning that to me, lets go
and check my mounts list... already got it, phew! Must've been a fast
drop as I don't even remember getting it, not like the Voldunai who
took 13 caches to give me their toy, and the Tortollans who I'm still
trying after 15... I'd hoped Blizz would learn after Legion to put bad
luck protection on paragon caches but I guess not.

I need to get round to rep farming on my alliance DH for the paragon
rewards from their factions too... that'll be a right pain if Blizz
don't extend the rep buff like they did the exp one, I'm only
honoured/revered with all those factions. Still, maybe I might manage
to finish the storylines when I get round to that character, as gear
by now should make the dungeons fairly manageable (at least if I can
get my bf to go in with me for the bosses with unsoloable mechanics,
Waycrest Manor is a pain lol, mind control or chain stun... because it
has the anchor weed quest it's the dungeon I've done most, too, sigh)

Lewis

May 3, 2020, 10:45:43 PM5/3/20
In message <2msuaflmq3vv3evio...@4ax.com> Catriona R <catriona...@totalise.co.uk> wrote:
> I'd hoped Blizz would learn after Legion to put bad luck protection on
> paragon caches but I guess not.

Blizzard is under the impression that the RNG is "fun", and has said so
many times.

--
"Are you pondering what I'm pondering?"
"I think so, Brain, but wouldn't an itsy-bitsy, teeny-weenie, yellow

Peter T.

May 4, 2020, 7:08:51 AM5/4/20
Den 04-05-2020 kl. 04:45 skrev Lewis:
> In message <2msuaflmq3vv3evio...@4ax.com> Catriona R <catriona...@totalise.co.uk> wrote:
>> I'd hoped Blizz would learn after Legion to put bad luck protection on
>> paragon caches but I guess not.
>
> Blizzard is under the impression that the RNG is "fun", and has said so
> many times.

PvP is heavily affected by rng as corruptions aren't disabled in
battlegrounds and arenas. There is a nonstop rageparty on the pvp scene
as an unskilled pvp player can easily nuke a 2800 rated pvp'er if the
pve'er has the right corruptions and they proc fast.
I don't know what Ion is smoking. But it's definitely not healthy. He
has brought some good elements in the game. But he has also brought
some really bad elements which affects the gameplay in a negative way.

--
Peter T.

Lewis

May 4, 2020, 8:19:44 AM5/4/20
Blizzard decided around Lich King to screw over the PVPers and have
consistently stayed that course ever since.

--
'I knew the two of you would get along like a house on fire.'
Screams, flames, people running for safety...

Catriona R

May 4, 2020, 10:25:38 AM5/4/20
On Mon, 4 May 2020 02:45:42 -0000 (UTC), Lewis
<g.k...@gmail.com.dontsendmecopies> wrote:

>In message <2msuaflmq3vv3evio...@4ax.com> Catriona R <catriona...@totalise.co.uk> wrote:
>> I'd hoped Blizz would learn after Legion to put bad luck protection on
>> paragon caches but I guess not.
>
>Blizzard is under the impression that the RNG is "fun", and has said so
>many times.

To a certain point, I agree, I *like* the paragon caches if it was
likely to get everything I wanted within the first few. I don't so
much like taking 30+ attempts to get a mount, at 10k rep per try. The
"will I get it?" is fun the first few times, for me, but there needs
to be an end to it, that doesn't involve still farming rep a year into
the next expansion... middle ground, basically!

Peter T.

May 11, 2020, 7:37:17 AM5/11/20
Den 26-04-2020 kl. 12:57 skrev Peter T.:

> 341/350

349/350. Malevolent drone just dropped after probably 10 attempts. And
I'm 112 seafarer's dubloon from my 350th mount. :)

--
Peter T.

Catriona R

May 11, 2020, 11:17:52 AM5/11/20
On Mon, 11 May 2020 13:37:15 +0200, "Peter T." <pin...@hotmail.moc>
wrote:
Nice! Really close now then, grats :-)

Lewis

May 11, 2020, 12:58:26 PM5/11/20
That's a lot of mounts.

I stopped collecting awhile ago as I realized there were only about 8
mounts I liked using anyway.

--
I have a love child who sends me hate mail

Peter T.

May 12, 2020, 11:07:43 AM5/12/20
Got them today. Then I realized there is also a 400 mount ach... sigh.

lol

--
Peter T.

Catriona R

May 12, 2020, 11:26:58 AM5/12/20
On Tue, 12 May 2020 17:07:42 +0200, "Peter T." <pin...@hotmail.moc>
wrote:
Lol, yep, I'm not thinking of that one till next expansion, way too
far away at present :-) Grats though, always feels good to hit the
milestones!

Peter T.

Jun 20, 2020, 5:24:25 PM6/20/20
Den 27-03-2020 kl. 12:47 skrev Peter T.:
> I guess I've spent 1 year on farming that ach.  2000 killing blows. *sigh*
>
> I'm happy it was reduced from 10.000 killing blows though. :)

At next reset I get my Snapback Scuttler mount! I just need one kill
kill at Mardivar. :)

Then I focus on Mecha-done and the Model W...

--
Peter T.