Finally an expansion without WQ's, important renowns etc

Peter T.

Dec 14, 2022, 7:04:21 AM12/14/22
Log in, do what you want when you want it, log out. No pressure, no
important daily/weekly/whatever! I love it!

Perfect!

--
Peter T.

Peter T.

Dec 14, 2022, 7:10:36 AM12/14/22
I guess Blizzard have read the text on the wall with classic's
popularity in mind.

I've just done the weekly pvp quests for conquest. I spent 2 hours on
this so now I can do whatever i want until next wednesday. And I don't
have to log in every day to grind dailies over and over again! It's
like the core aspects in the game is reinvented. =)

--
Peter T.

Tim Merrigan

Dec 14, 2022, 7:35:59 AM12/14/22
On Wed, 14 Dec 2022 13:10:34 +0100, "Peter T." <pin...@hotmail.moc>
wrote:
For the record, I hate drigonriding (and soar), neither of which is
flying, both are gliding. All well and good, if one starts in the
stratosphere, so one has enough of a glide path to reach one's
destination. I like straight up flying, I like being able to fly from
Orgrimmar to Thunder Bluff, without worrying about whether I have
enough vigor for the boosts needed to make it out of Duratar. Sure
one can reach high speeds, but flying straight down accomplishes
nothing.
--

Qualified immunity = virtual impunity.

Tim Merrigan

www.avg.com

Peter T.

Dec 14, 2022, 8:44:05 AM12/14/22
On 14-12-2022 13:35, Tim Merrigan wrote:

> For the record, I hate drigonriding (and soar), neither of which is
> flying, both are gliding. All well and good, if one starts in the
> stratosphere, so one has enough of a glide path to reach one's
> destination.

I agree and I hope this will change later. But we could fly from lvl 60
(more or less) which I found nice. Also dragonriding is account-wide
once it's unlocked on one char. :)

--
Peter T.

Catriona R

Dec 14, 2022, 10:00:15 AM12/14/22
On Wed, 14 Dec 2022 13:04:20 +0100, "Peter T." <pin...@hotmail.moc>
wrote:

>Log in, do what you want when you want it, log out. No pressure, no
>important daily/weekly/whatever! I love it!
>
>Perfect!

Mostly I like it, but I tend to run out of stuff to do by Monday and
just mark time till the reset... hopefully the storms unlocking will
help with that a bit, although there's not so much to do there either
past the weekly drops (and grinding for a recipe). So I'm on the fence
a bit there, many things I love but I'd like the WQs to reset more
often (even if they still have 3 days duration, just give me something
new more often!).

My pc meanwhile does not enjoy this expansion at all, too many events
with lots of people around are very much telling me I need an upgrade!
It is rather overdue, to be fair; I did the graphics card earlier this
year but I'm clearly cpu-bound, and I do believe my cpu is 10 years
old... it's about time lol.

Catriona R

Dec 14, 2022, 10:05:47 AM12/14/22
On Wed, 14 Dec 2022 04:35:56 -0800, Tim Merrigan <tp...@ca.rr.com>
wrote:

>On Wed, 14 Dec 2022 13:10:34 +0100, "Peter T." <pin...@hotmail.moc>
>wrote:
>
>>On 14-12-2022 13:04, Peter T. wrote:
>>> Log in, do what you want when you want it, log out.  No pressure, no
>>> important daily/weekly/whatever!  I love it!
>>>
>>> Perfect!
>>
>>I guess Blizzard have read the text on the wall with classic's
>>popularity in mind.
>>
>>I've just done the weekly pvp quests for conquest. I spent 2 hours on
>>this so now I can do whatever i want until next wednesday. And I don't
>>have to log in every day to grind dailies over and over again! It's
>>like the core aspects in the game is reinvented. =)
>
>For the record, I hate drigonriding (and soar), neither of which is
>flying, both are gliding. All well and good, if one starts in the
>stratosphere, so one has enough of a glide path to reach one's
>destination. I like straight up flying, I like being able to fly from
>Orgrimmar to Thunder Bluff, without worrying about whether I have
>enough vigor for the boosts needed to make it out of Duratar. Sure
>one can reach high speeds, but flying straight down accomplishes
>nothing.

A tip I read on Reddit: point you nose upwards then use the gain
height ability - it takes you much higher and boosts your speed much
more than using it on the level does. Once I learned that one I found
I do far better and rarely run out of vigor (the talent to gain vigor
every 5 sec at speed really helps), mainly when I've been mining too
much and used it all on taking off.

My main problem with dragonriding is when I go too fast I can get
disorientated with things whizzing past me, so I'd personally like a
brake or a speed cap so I don't go so fast in tighter areas. My dated
pc doesn't help much either as sometimes going too fast drops the fps
and it goes stuttery, which makes it even more disorientating for me,
sigh... but at least I'm much more used to it than I was at first,
it's mostly good now.