Random DC to Login since patch

ToolPackinMama

Feb 3, 2012, 2:32:48 PM2/3/12
Since the patch I have been randomly DCing and it's at times completely
game-breaking. For example,just now my Paladin was questing in Thou
Needles, and I DC'd several times within a few minutes.

I already tried defragging my WOW folder, removing cache and WTF folders
to re-install them, and disabling my add-ons. I am running the repair
tool right now to see if that helps.

Steve Kaye

Feb 6, 2012, 5:14:02 AM2/6/12
I've been getting the occasional disconnect recently too, although
much less frequent than you seem to be getting. My issue was
something like once or twice a week at most.

I think that my issue was addon related because I was also getting
random lockups for a few seconds. Often, whilst in the midst of a
lockup, I'd see that my buff display was going mental - constantly
re-shuffling the buffs around.

I swapped Satrina Buff Frames for Bison and the lockup problem seems
to have resolved itself although I haven't played enough to be 100%
certain (fingers crossed).

steve.kaye
--
Jelan, 85 Priest Clokk, 81 Druid Belugar, 76 Warrior
Kibbs, 85 Paladin Jengu, 81 Death Knight Mingan, 76 Shaman

u n risr@optonline.net IYM

Feb 6, 2012, 9:06:18 AM2/6/12
Steve Kaye <nos...@giddy-kippers.co.uk> wrote:
On 2/6/2012 5:14 AM, Steve Kaye wrote:
> On Fri, 03 Feb 2012 14:32:48 -0500, ToolPackinMama
> <philn...@comcast.net> wrote:
>
>> Since the patch I have been randomly DCing and it's at times completely
>> game-breaking. For example,just now my Paladin was questing in Thou
>> Needles, and I DC'd several times within a few minutes.
>>
>> I already tried defragging my WOW folder, removing cache and WTF folders
>> to re-install them, and disabling my add-ons. I am running the repair
>> tool right now to see if that helps.
>
> I've been getting the occasional disconnect recently too, although
> much less frequent than you seem to be getting. My issue was
> something like once or twice a week at most.
>
> I think that my issue was addon related because I was also getting
> random lockups for a few seconds. Often, whilst in the midst of a
> lockup, I'd see that my buff display was going mental - constantly
> re-shuffling the buffs around.
>
> I swapped Satrina Buff Frames for Bison and the lockup problem seems
> to have resolved itself although I haven't played enough to be 100%
> certain (fingers crossed).
>
> steve.kaye

Not getting anymore DC than I have ever, but I am getting huge lag spikes that
give me the occasional heart attack, and my friend is getting them too, and he
lives next door. The spikes are not at the same time (meaning him and me), but
they are bad and long enough where you think it's a DC. Everything on screen
will freeze and be standing in place, and you say "oh no!" and then 10 seconds
later everything will all of a sudden catch up. On a 25 man raid, that's an
eternity, esp. for him - He's a tank.

I also have an issue getting errors since the patch in that I can't set focus
on the tank, but only in 25 mans...in dungeons I have no problem. I think
that's an add-on though. Something not quite right. But how can you test what
add-on it is? Not exactly like it's easy to reproduce and to try to see what
it is in a 25 man and logging in and out turning add-ons off......Wish they
could make WoW not require logging to toggle add on's

Catriona R

Feb 6, 2012, 9:17:22 AM2/6/12

On Mon, 6 Feb 2012 14:06:18 +0000 (UTC), IYM <s u n
ri...@optonline.net> wrote:

>Not getting anymore DC than I have ever, but I am getting huge lag spikes that
>give me the occasional heart attack, and my friend is getting them too, and he
>lives next door. The spikes are not at the same time (meaning him and me), but
>they are bad and long enough where you think it's a DC. Everything on screen
>will freeze and be standing in place, and you say "oh no!" and then 10 seconds
>later everything will all of a sudden catch up. On a 25 man raid, that's an
>eternity, esp. for him - He's a tank.

I got one of those lagspikes myself the other day... on Hagara, right
when the frost phase was starting - you can imagine the amount of
swear words going through my mind rofl. Thankfully it unfroze in time
for me to move, and even more luckily the ice thingy spawned right in
front of me not right under me! Only happened once so I'm hoping that
was a one-off rather than a regular thing.

>I also have an issue getting errors since the patch in that I can't set focus
>on the tank, but only in 25 mans...in dungeons I have no problem. I think
>that's an add-on though. Something not quite right. But how can you test what
>add-on it is? Not exactly like it's easy to reproduce and to try to see what
>it is in a 25 man and logging in and out turning add-ons off......Wish they
>could make WoW not require logging to toggle add on's

If it happens in raids, perhaps you could test it by forming a raid
group with one other person (friend/guildy?) Might have to zone into a
raid instance too to test, but if you can reproduce it then, then you
can do your addon testing to your hearts content as long as the other
person's cool with it. Agree about the logging being a pain though,
tends to put me off testing my addons for bugs; unless they're really
bad I just put up with them and hope they go away!
--
EU-Draenor:
Sagart (85 Undead Priest) Tairbh (85 Tauren Druid)

u n risr@optonline.net IYM

Feb 6, 2012, 9:34:40 AM2/6/12
Catriona R <catrion...@totalise.co.uk> wrote:
>On Mon, 6 Feb 2012 14:06:18 +0000 (UTC), IYM <s u n
>ri...@optonline.net> wrote:
>
>>Not getting anymore DC than I have ever, but I am getting huge lag spikes
>>that
>>give me the occasional heart attack, and my friend is getting them too, and
>>he
>>lives next door. The spikes are not at the same time (meaning him and me),
>>but
>>they are bad and long enough where you think it's a DC. Everything on screen
>>will freeze and be standing in place, and you say "oh no!" and then 10
>>seconds
>>later everything will all of a sudden catch up. On a 25 man raid, that's an
>>eternity, esp. for him - He's a tank.
>
>I got one of those lagspikes myself the other day... on Hagara, right
>when the frost phase was starting - you can imagine the amount of
>swear words going through my mind rofl. Thankfully it unfroze in time
>for me to move, and even more luckily the ice thingy spawned right in
>front of me not right under me! Only happened once so I'm hoping that
>was a one-off rather than a regular thing.

heh...Was listening to him in vent....was more of a panic than a pissed
swearing, followed by an exhale of relief as he said "thank God I got back in
time to taunt"... and that he let the stacks get up high on the other tank, who
was not happy about it - but it all worked out. :)

>>I also have an issue getting errors since the patch in that I can't set focus
>>on the tank, but only in 25 mans...in dungeons I have no problem. I think
>>that's an add-on though. Something not quite right. But how can you test
>>what
>>add-on it is? Not exactly like it's easy to reproduce and to try to see what
>>it is in a 25 man and logging in and out turning add-ons off......Wish they
>>could make WoW not require logging to toggle add on's
>
>If it happens in raids, perhaps you could test it by forming a raid
>group with one other person (friend/guildy?) Might have to zone into a
>raid instance too to test, but if you can reproduce it then, then you
>can do your addon testing to your hearts content as long as the other
>person's cool with it. Agree about the logging being a pain though,
>tends to put me off testing my addons for bugs; unless they're really
>bad I just put up with them and hope they go away!

for these DS raids, they aren't really that bad. not a lot of mobs that you
really need to worry about - and between two tanks it's not really an issue.
It just messes with my focus macro in that it can't pick up the next target and
I have to tab or mouse pick it up....no big deal too much. I'd rather it in
the 25 man than a 5 man (where for some reason the focus works)....I can pull
aggro and piss off a single tank real quick if I'm not hitting the right
target. :)

Steve Kaye

Feb 6, 2012, 10:06:58 AM2/6/12
On Mon, 6 Feb 2012 14:06:18 +0000 (UTC), IYM <s u n
ri...@optonline.net> wrote:

Have you tried Addon Control Panel? It claims that it allows you to
change addons whilst in game.

http://www.curse.com/addons/wow/acp

Shammy

Feb 6, 2012, 12:50:49 PM2/6/12

"Steve Kaye" <nos...@giddy-kippers.co.uk> wrote in message
Yes but you need to reload UI and that takes same amount of time as logging
in and out :P

u n risr@optonline.net IYM

Feb 6, 2012, 1:12:16 PM2/6/12
"Shammy" <no...@nothing.com> wrote:
>"Steve Kaye" <nos...@giddy-kippers.co.uk> wrote in message
>> On Mon, 6 Feb 2012 14:06:18 +0000 (UTC), IYM <s u n
>> ri...@optonline.net> wrote:

<snip>

>> Have you tried Addon Control Panel? It claims that it allows you to
>> change addons whilst in game.
>>

>Yes but you need to reload UI and that takes same amount of time as logging
>in and out :P

Really? It takes you the same amount of time? Unless I'm missing someting,
and assuming you are in a city where it didn't take you 20 seconds to log, your
saying you can log out fix your add-on and log in quicker than it takes you to
type: /reload ui and wait the time of a splash screen? interesting....
again - unless I don't understand what you mean.....anyway, if your havig an
issue in an instance, just typing /reload ui seems a heck of a lot easier,
quicker and proabably not even noticed by your 25 man pug than a toon sitting
down and logging out and in ... :)

ald

Feb 6, 2012, 9:59:38 PM2/6/12
On Mon, 6 Feb 2012 18:12:16 +0000 (UTC), IYM <s u n
ri...@optonline.net> wrote:

>"Shammy" <no...@nothing.com> wrote:
>>"Steve Kaye" <nos...@giddy-kippers.co.uk> wrote in message
>>> On Mon, 6 Feb 2012 14:06:18 +0000 (UTC), IYM <s u n
>>> ri...@optonline.net> wrote:
>>>

><snip>
>

>>> Have you tried Addon Control Panel? It claims that it allows you to
>>> change addons whilst in game.
>>>

>>Yes but you need to reload UI and that takes same amount of time as logging
>>in and out :P
>
>Really? It takes you the same amount of time? Unless I'm missing someting,
>and assuming you are in a city where it didn't take you 20 seconds to log, your
>saying you can log out fix your add-on and log in quicker than it takes you to
>type: /reload ui and wait the time of a splash screen? interesting....
>again - unless I don't understand what you mean.....anyway, if your havig an
>issue in an instance, just typing /reload ui seems a heck of a lot easier,
>quicker and proabably not even noticed by your 25 man pug than a toon sitting
>down and logging out and in ... :)

Not only that, but you only need to reload for *some* addons, not all.

--
ald

Steve Kaye

Feb 13, 2012, 10:32:05 AM2/13/12
On Mon, 06 Feb 2012 10:14:02 +0000, Steve Kaye
<nos...@giddy-kippers.co.uk> wrote:

>On Fri, 03 Feb 2012 14:32:48 -0500, ToolPackinMama
><philn...@comcast.net> wrote:
>
>>Since the patch I have been randomly DCing and it's at times completely
>>game-breaking. For example,just now my Paladin was questing in Thou
>>Needles, and I DC'd several times within a few minutes.
>>
>>I already tried defragging my WOW folder, removing cache and WTF folders
>>to re-install them, and disabling my add-ons. I am running the repair
>>tool right now to see if that helps.
>
>I've been getting the occasional disconnect recently too, although
>much less frequent than you seem to be getting. My issue was
>something like once or twice a week at most.
>
>I think that my issue was addon related because I was also getting
>random lockups for a few seconds. Often, whilst in the midst of a
>lockup, I'd see that my buff display was going mental - constantly
>re-shuffling the buffs around.
>
>I swapped Satrina Buff Frames for Bison and the lockup problem seems
>to have resolved itself although I haven't played enough to be 100%
>certain (fingers crossed).

Well, the long lockup problem seems to be resolved but I am still
getting the occasional disconnect. Twice this weekend but I did play
a lot so it's only mildly irritating at the moment.

steve.kaye
--
Jelan, 85 Priest Clokk, 81 Druid Mingan, 80 Shaman
Kibbs, 85 Paladin Jengu, 81 Death Knight Belugar, 76 Warrior

Trooper

Feb 14, 2012, 8:33:14 AM2/14/12
Steve Kaye <nos...@giddy-kippers.co.uk> wrote:

> On Mon, 06 Feb 2012 10:14:02 +0000, Steve Kaye
> <nos...@giddy-kippers.co.uk> wrote:
>
> >On Fri, 03 Feb 2012 14:32:48 -0500, ToolPackinMama
> ><philn...@comcast.net> wrote:
> >
> >>Since the patch I have been randomly DCing and it's at times completely
> >>game-breaking. For example,just now my Paladin was questing in Thou
> >>Needles, and I DC'd several times within a few minutes.
> >>
> >>I already tried defragging my WOW folder, removing cache and WTF folders
> >>to re-install them, and disabling my add-ons. I am running the repair
> >>tool right now to see if that helps.
> >
> >I've been getting the occasional disconnect recently too, although
> >much less frequent than you seem to be getting. My issue was
> >something like once or twice a week at most.
> >
> >I think that my issue was addon related because I was also getting
> >random lockups for a few seconds. Often, whilst in the midst of a
> >lockup, I'd see that my buff display was going mental - constantly
> >re-shuffling the buffs around.
> >
> >I swapped Satrina Buff Frames for Bison and the lockup problem seems
> >to have resolved itself although I haven't played enough to be 100%
> >certain (fingers crossed).
>
> Well, the long lockup problem seems to be resolved but I am still
> getting the occasional disconnect. Twice this weekend but I did play
> a lot so it's only mildly irritating at the moment.

I don't suppose you are running the latency fix are you?
http://www.wowinterface.com/downloads/info13581-2.0.2.0.html

When I tried that I would get regular DCs, getting rid and going back to
standard sorted that out.

T.

Steve Kaye

Feb 14, 2012, 10:04:17 AM2/14/12
No, I'm not. Good latency has been the only thing that has been a
constant at my house so I've never needed it. Over the years, I've
had lots of broadband problems but I've almost always had a ping of
around 50ms or better.

steve.kaye
--
Jelan, 85 Priest Clokk, 81 Druid Jaille, 80 Warlock
Kibbs, 85 Paladin Jengu, 81 Death Knight Belugar, 76 Warrior

Matthew

Feb 14, 2012, 11:07:47 AM2/14/12

"Trooper" <use...@trooperlooper.co.uk.invalid> wrote in message
it is not just him there are talks about the random dcs on the forums I
almost never get dced but it has been happening lately