Anniversary Event

Lewis

Nov 1, 2020, 1:41:42 AM11/1/20
the Anniversary event has been scheduled so that it ends the day
Shadowlands drops. I think this is an odd choice considering it was
scheduled to start after shadowlands drops, but then again I don't know
what they will be doing for the Anniversary event this year.

Sometimes you get a pet or a mount or some silly toy, though I think you
have to login to an active subscribed account and not to a <level 20
character on an expired account.

Anyone know what they are planning and if I should pay for another token
from gold?

--
Worlds on worlds are rolling ever From creation to decay, Like the
bubbles on a river Sparkling, bursting, borne away. -- Shelly

Catriona R

Nov 2, 2020, 10:41:19 PM11/2/20
On Sun, 1 Nov 2020 06:41:40 -0000 (UTC), Lewis
<g.k...@kreme.dont-email.me> wrote:

>the Anniversary event has been scheduled so that it ends the day
>Shadowlands drops. I think this is an odd choice considering it was
>scheduled to start after shadowlands drops, but then again I don't know
>what they will be doing for the Anniversary event this year.

They most likely moved it because the anniversary gives an experience
buff, which isn't ideal at the launch of an expansion when the whole
playerbase will be levelling; it's probably fair enough to not get
faster levelling on a first character through and save the buffs for
alts.

>Sometimes you get a pet or a mount or some silly toy, though I think you
>have to login to an active subscribed account and not to a <level 20
>character on an expired account.

Oddly there doesn't seem to be one this year, there's a transmog cloak
you can buy from timewarped badges but it doesn't look anything
special:
https://www.wowhead.com/news=318868/crafted-cloak-of-war-new-wows-16th-anniversary-transmog-item

There is a newly discovered purple murloc pet but I think it's
coincidental that someone found it today, and not actually connected
to the anniversary, so I'd expect it to still be there whenever you
want to resub:
https://www.wowhead.com/news=318904/secret-purple-murloc-battle-pet-find-glimr-and-the-glimmerfin-tribe-in-grizzly-h

>Anyone know what they are planning and if I should pay for another token
>from gold?

Looks fairly similar to last year, Alterac Valley event and the green
dragon world bosses are back. Not exciting enough to make me tear
myself away from ESO to log in, although maybe I should, given it's
the easiest way to get timewalking badges... ah, next year will do
lol.

Lewis

Nov 3, 2020, 12:32:11 AM11/3/20
In message <bvj1qfdbfa1fiih1d...@4ax.com> Catriona R <catriona...@totalise.co.uk> wrote:
> On Sun, 1 Nov 2020 06:41:40 -0000 (UTC), Lewis
> <g.k...@kreme.dont-email.me> wrote:

>>the Anniversary event has been scheduled so that it ends the day
>>Shadowlands drops. I think this is an odd choice considering it was
>>scheduled to start after shadowlands drops, but then again I don't know
>>what they will be doing for the Anniversary event this year.

> They most likely moved it because the anniversary gives an experience
> buff, which isn't ideal at the launch of an expansion when the whole
> playerbase will be levelling; it's probably fair enough to not get
> faster levelling on a first character through and save the buffs for
> alts.

But it was planned to start 5 days after the original expansion drop
date, so the change is still very odd to me.

> There is a newly discovered purple murloc pet but I think it's
> coincidental that someone found it today, and not actually connected
> to the anniversary, so I'd expect it to still be there whenever you
> want to resub:
> https://www.wowhead.com/news=318904/secret-purple-murloc-battle-pet-find-glimr-and-the-glimmerfin-tribe-in-grizzly-h

I will avoid that, having a deep antipathy for murlocs.

--
The "H" in Jesus H Christ comes from "Harold be Thy name" in the
Lord's Prayer.