How to get MechaGnomes?

Mike S.

Apr 21, 2020, 4:39:51 PM4/21/20
Yes, I did google this.

I know I need the Mechagonian Threat achievement and I know I need the
Rustbolt Rebellion reputation. But I have not played this game in a
long time and I have no idea what I am doing.

I am level 107. Do I need to be level 120 before I can even start
mechagnomes progress? I can't figure out how to start progressing
towards getting mechagnomes. Where do I go?

Lewis

Apr 21, 2020, 6:15:13 PM4/21/20
You can';t get Rustbolt rep until 120 I don't believe.

I have done all but the last step on this meta achievement on two
characters, just need to kill King Mechagon. If I reactivate my account
which so far I haven’t done. (so much TV to catch up on!)

--
The only reason for walking into the jaws of Death is so's you can
steal His gold teeth. --Colour of Magic

Mike S.

Apr 22, 2020, 9:15:07 AM4/22/20
On Tue, 21 Apr 2020 22:15:11 -0000 (UTC), Lewis
<g.k...@gmail.com.dontsendmecopies> wrote:

>You can';t get Rustbolt rep until 120 I don't believe.

That sucks if it is true. I just want to abandon my current character
and play a Mecha gnome. Ugh.

I am currently level 108 leveling in Legion zones. Can someone tell
me at what level I can start working on the mechagnome achievement?
Can I start at 110 or do I have to wait until 120 like for the rep?

Lewis

Apr 22, 2020, 10:52:00 AM4/22/20
In message <pgg0aftd7d57qsj1k...@4ax.com> Mike S <Mik...@nowhere.com> wrote:
> On Tue, 21 Apr 2020 22:15:11 -0000 (UTC), Lewis
> <g.k...@gmail.com.dontsendmecopies> wrote:

>>You can';t get Rustbolt rep until 120 I don't believe.

> That sucks if it is true. I just want to abandon my current character
> and play a Mecha gnome. Ugh.

I checked. The first step of the met-0achievement, according to
wowhead, requires level 120.

AFAICR, unlocking an allied race has always required a max level
character.

> I am currently level 108 leveling in Legion zones. Can someone tell
> me at what level I can start working on the mechagnome achievement?

120.

--
'Are you Death?' IT'S THE SCYTHE, ISN'T IT? PEOPLE ALWAYS NOTICE THE
SCYTHE.

Mike S.

Apr 23, 2020, 9:03:53 PM4/23/20
On Wed, 22 Apr 2020 14:51:58 -0000 (UTC), Lewis
<g.k...@gmail.com.dontsendmecopies> wrote:

>I checked. The first step of the met-0achievement, according to
>wowhead, requires level 120.
>
>AFAICR, unlocking an allied race has always required a max level
>character.
>
>> I am currently level 108 leveling in Legion zones. Can someone tell
>> me at what level I can start working on the mechagnome achievement?
>
>120.

Thank you Lewis.

I thought it was going to be a pain getting to 120 but I am already
111. Between the bonus exp thing going on right now and the extra time
I have to play, now is definitely the time to get this done.

Lewis

Apr 24, 2020, 4:09:48 AM4/24/20
Leveling 110-120 is pretty darn fast, especially now that none of the
story line quests are gated (or nearly none?).

Doing the invasions (I've lost track of what they are named) is a fast
way to level. If you like doing Dark Moon Faire you get get a hat that
gives a 10% XP bonus that last a day or so, which can help a lot.

You do not have to be in :war mode" (pvp) to do the events.

If you're on iOS I wrote a shotcut that tells you when the next event
is, otherwise there are several webpages.

<https://www.icloud.com/shortcuts/de8d2ac15b81473695c39c73e163ca06>

(There is an invasion right now, it ends in 3h51)

--
You have severe reading comprehension problems that I can not be held
responsible for.

Catriona R

Apr 24, 2020, 12:17:21 PM4/24/20
On Thu, 23 Apr 2020 21:03:50 -0400, Mike S. <Mik...@nowhere.com>
wrote:
Yep, you'll also get bonus reputation with the mechagnomes so that
will progress faster too! When you get to 120 you have to go through
some questchains to open up Mechagon, it starts with the Nazjatar
unlock chain (which begins with Nathanos/Alliance equivalent sending
you on a boat trip for a special mission), you have to do the intro
chain there, and probably the questchain from Magni to power up your
Heart of Azeroth, then there should be some NPCs around town who begin
the Mechagon unlocking (goblins for Horde, I'll asume gnomes ifyou're
Alliance). If the quest hasn't appeared then, go back to Nazjatar and
do a couple more quests to unlock world quests there, then it'll
definitely be available. Slightly complicated and rather annoying by
the umpteenth alt when you'd like to just get on with gearing but need
to go though all that to unlock things!

Mike S.

Apr 25, 2020, 9:53:50 AM4/25/20
On Fri, 24 Apr 2020 17:17:18 +0100, Catriona R
<catriona...@totalise.co.uk> wrote:

>Yep, you'll also get bonus reputation with the mechagnomes so that
>will progress faster too! When you get to 120 you have to go through
>some questchains to open up Mechagon, it starts with the Nazjatar
>unlock chain (which begins with Nathanos/Alliance equivalent sending
>you on a boat trip for a special mission), you have to do the intro
>chain there, and probably the questchain from Magni to power up your
>Heart of Azeroth, then there should be some NPCs around town who begin
>the Mechagon unlocking (goblins for Horde, I'll asume gnomes ifyou're
>Alliance). If the quest hasn't appeared then, go back to Nazjatar and
>do a couple more quests to unlock world quests there, then it'll
>definitely be available. Slightly complicated and rather annoying by
>the umpteenth alt when you'd like to just get on with gearing but need
>to go though all that to unlock things!

Thank you for the info. Knowing that the rep will be earned faster as
well is really good to know.

Level 114 now. Unfortunately, I think real life is going to get in the
way today.

Mike S.

Apr 30, 2020, 3:04:53 PM4/30/20
On Sat, 25 Apr 2020 09:53:46 -0400, Mike S. <Mik...@nowhere.com>
wrote:

>>Yep, you'll also get bonus reputation with the mechagnomes so that
>>will progress faster too! When you get to 120 you have to go through
>>some questchains to open up Mechagon, it starts with the Nazjatar
>>unlock chain (which begins with Nathanos/Alliance equivalent sending
>>you on a boat trip for a special mission), you have to do the intro
>>chain there, and probably the questchain from Magni to power up your
>>Heart of Azeroth, then there should be some NPCs around town who begin
>>the Mechagon unlocking (goblins for Horde, I'll asume gnomes ifyou're
>>Alliance). If the quest hasn't appeared then, go back to Nazjatar and
>>do a couple more quests to unlock world quests there, then it'll
>>definitely be available. Slightly complicated and rather annoying by
>>the umpteenth alt when you'd like to just get on with gearing but need
>>to go though all that to unlock things!

I can not figure this out. Between google, youtube and usenet, I can
not figure this shit out. Or maybe I did figure it out. I have no idea
at this point.

I am level 120. I think the alliance equivalent of nathanos is Gen
Graymane but he has no quest for me. So I googled how to get to
Nazjatar and from what I can gather I need a quest called Uniting
Kul'taras but that quest is not available either. Oh, and apparently,
I need to unlock world quests too before I can get to Nazjatar. To
unlock world quests, I think I need to get friendly rep with three
factions. Produmore Admiralty, Storm's Wake and Order of Embers.

Do I have this right? Do I need that rep with the three factions if,
in the end, all I want is a mechagnome? I don't want to do more then I
need to.

Lewis

Apr 30, 2020, 6:35:44 PM4/30/20
In message <ic6maf5c25d6mhjpc...@4ax.com> Mike S <Mik...@nowhere.com> wrote:
> On Sat, 25 Apr 2020 09:53:46 -0400, Mike S. <Mik...@nowhere.com>
> wrote:

>>>Yep, you'll also get bonus reputation with the mechagnomes so that
>>>will progress faster too! When you get to 120 you have to go through
>>>some questchains to open up Mechagon, it starts with the Nazjatar
>>>unlock chain (which begins with Nathanos/Alliance equivalent sending
>>>you on a boat trip for a special mission), you have to do the intro
>>>chain there, and probably the questchain from Magni to power up your
>>>Heart of Azeroth, then there should be some NPCs around town who begin
>>>the Mechagon unlocking (goblins for Horde, I'll asume gnomes ifyou're
>>>Alliance). If the quest hasn't appeared then, go back to Nazjatar and
>>>do a couple more quests to unlock world quests there, then it'll
>>>definitely be available. Slightly complicated and rather annoying by
>>>the umpteenth alt when you'd like to just get on with gearing but need
>>>to go though all that to unlock things!

> I can not figure this out. Between google, youtube and usenet, I can
> not figure this shit out. Or maybe I did figure it out. I have no idea
> at this point.

Wowhead has a walkthrough of the quest and grinding needed for the
achievements.

> I am level 120. I think the alliance equivalent of nathanos is Gen
> Graymane but he has no quest for me. So I googled how to get to
> Nazjatar and from what I can gather I need a quest called Uniting
> Kul'taras but that quest is not available either. Oh, and apparently,
> I need to unlock world quests too before I can get to Nazjatar. To
> unlock world quests, I think I need to get friendly rep with three
> factions. Produmore Admiralty, Storm's Wake and Order of Embers.

You need to unlock world quests and you need to have gotten through most
of the storyline with Jaina, IIRC.

> Do I have this right? Do I need that rep with the three factions if,
> in the end, all I want is a mechagnome? I don't want to do more then I
> need to.

Simplest thing to do is unlock flying. Once you do that, you are nearly
done with the Mechagon meta achievement.

--
"Are you pondering what I'm pondering?"
"Uh, I think so Brain, but how are we gonna teach a goat to dance

Catriona R

Apr 30, 2020, 9:41:10 PM4/30/20
On Thu, 30 Apr 2020 15:04:51 -0400, Mike S. <Mik...@nowhere.com>
wrote:

>I can not figure this out. Between google, youtube and usenet, I can
>not figure this shit out. Or maybe I did figure it out. I have no idea
>at this point.
>
>I am level 120. I think the alliance equivalent of nathanos is Gen
>Graymane but he has no quest for me. So I googled how to get to
>Nazjatar and from what I can gather I need a quest called Uniting
>Kul'taras but that quest is not available either. Oh, and apparently,
>I need to unlock world quests too before I can get to Nazjatar. To
>unlock world quests, I think I need to get friendly rep with three
>factions. Produmore Admiralty, Storm's Wake and Order of Embers.

Ah, if this is your first 120, then yes, you need to do that, get
friendly with each faction - if you've already had a character do
that, it should just take a relog to get "Uniting Kul'Tiras" to become
available, but you do need to do it on one character before it's
available. I didn't know that was a prerequisite for Nazjatar, how
annoying!

>Do I have this right? Do I need that rep with the three factions if,
>in the end, all I want is a mechagnome? I don't want to do more then I
>need to.

That sounds likely to be correct, yes, as you can't do anything in
Mechagon until you unlock Nazjatar. I suppose atleast the rep bonus
will help get those factions quickly, shouldn't take very much
questing to hit friendly, but then the exp bonus probably means you
never even met two of them and only did the first zone you landed in.
To get the others started there'll be a table with a quest somewhere,
quite probably the harbourmaster's office, that you'd have picked your
first zone from.

Mike S.

May 1, 2020, 8:40:58 AM5/1/20
On Fri, 01 May 2020 02:41:07 +0100, Catriona R
<catriona...@totalise.co.uk> wrote:

>Ah, if this is your first 120, then yes, you need to do that, get
>friendly with each faction - if you've already had a character do
>that, it should just take a relog to get "Uniting Kul'Tiras" to become
>available, but you do need to do it on one character before it's
>available. I didn't know that was a prerequisite for Nazjatar, how
>annoying!

Yes, this is my first 120. There are so many things I have to do, it
is getting very confusing. But I think I finally found some
information on that website Lewis mentioned (WowHead) that is starting
to help me to figure this crap out.

>That sounds likely to be correct, yes, as you can't do anything in
>Mechagon until you unlock Nazjatar. I suppose atleast the rep bonus
>will help get those factions quickly, shouldn't take very much
>questing to hit friendly, but then the exp bonus probably means you
>never even met two of them and only did the first zone you landed in.
>To get the others started there'll be a table with a quest somewhere,
>quite probably the harbourmaster's office, that you'd have picked your
>first zone from.

Exactly, I got the rep already with one faction in one zone and hit
120. I did another rep last night. It was real quick. After I do the
third rep, I have to check the website again to figure out what I need
to do next because I have no idea.

And speaking of that second zone, I just walked into there and started
questing. I did not trigger any quest at a table to get there. I hope
that is not necessary. I intend to get the third rep up by simply
traveling to that zone as well.

All I want to do is unlock Mecha Gnomes. That is my only goal. I am
not interested in doing anything with this character that does not
help me achieve that goal.

Lewis

May 1, 2020, 7:57:51 PM5/1/20
In message <i35oafd8sshl30q6r...@4ax.com> Mike S <Mik...@nowhere.com> wrote:
> On Fri, 01 May 2020 02:41:07 +0100, Catriona R
> <catriona...@totalise.co.uk> wrote:

>>Ah, if this is your first 120, then yes, you need to do that, get
>>friendly with each faction - if you've already had a character do
>>that, it should just take a relog to get "Uniting Kul'Tiras" to become
>>available, but you do need to do it on one character before it's
>>available. I didn't know that was a prerequisite for Nazjatar, how
>>annoying!

> Yes, this is my first 120. There are so many things I have to do, it
> is getting very confusing. But I think I finally found some
> information on that website Lewis mentioned (WowHead) that is starting
> to help me to figure this crap out.

Finish the story line, then unlock flying. That will get you almost all
the way through what you need. Besides, it's a good storyline.

hen ou open your quest log it will show at the top exactly where you are
in the story line. I forget what its call, but it'll be the only thing
there.It will often direct you what to do next, but sometimes it will
list things that are not required, so check WoWhead.

> And speaking of that second zone, I just walked into there and started
> questing. I did not trigger any quest at a table to get there. I hope
> that is not necessary. I intend to get the third rep up by simply
> traveling to that zone as well.

Each of the zones is its own story/quest and you can do them all in
whatever order you want.

> All I want to do is unlock Mecha Gnomes. That is my only goal. I am
> not interested in doing anything with this character that does not
> help me achieve that goal.

You have to unlock the island, which means unlocking nazj, which means
finishing the story line. You do not technically have to unlock flying,
but it would be silly not to since you have to get really really close.

--
"The good news: Hadron Collider went live and did not destroy ALL
reality. Bad: I'm the only one who remembers President Gore's 2

Mike S.

May 2, 2020, 8:04:56 AM5/2/20
On Fri, 1 May 2020 23:57:50 -0000 (UTC), Lewis
<g.k...@gmail.com.dontsendmecopies> wrote:

>You have to unlock the island, which means unlocking nazj, which means
>finishing the story line. You do not technically have to unlock flying,
>but it would be silly not to since you have to get really really close.

Ok then.

Two questions.

1. I think I already finished Drustvar. I got an achievement called
'Drust Do it'. Does that mean that storyline is done?

2. IIRC, I got to Drustvar via a quest. But the other two zones I
literally just walked into, went to the nearest flight point,
activated it, and started doing the quests. If I just keep doing the
quests in those other zones, will I complete the storylines there as
well or do I need to activate these zones via some quest back in
Boralus like I did with Drustvar?

Lewis

May 2, 2020, 11:50:20 PM5/2/20
In message <crnqafhjrjoriolej...@4ax.com> Mike S <Mik...@nowhere.com> wrote:
> On Fri, 1 May 2020 23:57:50 -0000 (UTC), Lewis
> <g.k...@gmail.com.dontsendmecopies> wrote:

>>You have to unlock the island, which means unlocking nazj, which means
>>finishing the story line. You do not technically have to unlock flying,
>>but it would be silly not to since you have to get really really close.

> Ok then.

> Two questions.

> 1. I think I already finished Drustvar. I got an achievement called
> 'Drust Do it'. Does that mean that storyline is done?

For Drustvar.

That's not the story line I am talking about. The Jaina storyline. As I
said, when you open your quest log at the very top there will be a blue?
box with your progress on the overall story line. It will also show you
what you need to do next.

THAT is what you need to complete.

(I can't describe the box or text very well because 1) I am not subbed
now 2) the box goes away when you finish.

War Campaign. That's what it's called.

<https://cdn.blizzardwatch.com/wp-content/uploads/2018/10/World-Quests.jpg>

See the blue box?

> 2. IIRC, I got to Drustvar via a quest. But the other two zones I
> literally just walked into, went to the nearest flight point,
> activated it, and started doing the quests. If I just keep doing the
> quests in those other zones, will I complete the storylines there as
> well or do I need to activate these zones via some quest back in
> Boralus like I did with Drustvar?

You do not need to activate any zones and can do the zones in any order
you want. You do not even have to finish the zones (but you do have to
explore them entirely for flying).

--
You know, Calculus is sort of like measles. Once you've had it, you
probably won't get it again, and you're glad of it. -- W. Carr

Catriona R

May 3, 2020, 9:21:50 AM5/3/20
On Sun, 3 May 2020 03:50:19 -0000 (UTC), Lewis
<g.k...@gmail.com.dontsendmecopies> wrote:

>In message <crnqafhjrjoriolej...@4ax.com> Mike S <Mik...@nowhere.com> wrote:
>> On Fri, 1 May 2020 23:57:50 -0000 (UTC), Lewis
>> <g.k...@gmail.com.dontsendmecopies> wrote:
>
>>>You have to unlock the island, which means unlocking nazj, which means
>>>finishing the story line. You do not technically have to unlock flying,
>>>but it would be silly not to since you have to get really really close.
>
>> Ok then.
>
>> Two questions.
>
>> 1. I think I already finished Drustvar. I got an achievement called
>> 'Drust Do it'. Does that mean that storyline is done?
>
>For Drustvar.
>
>That's not the story line I am talking about. The Jaina storyline. As I
>said, when you open your quest log at the very top there will be a blue?
>box with your progress on the overall story line. It will also show you
>what you need to do next.
>
>THAT is what you need to complete.
>
>(I can't describe the box or text very well because 1) I am not subbed
>now 2) the box goes away when you finish.
>
>War Campaign. That's what it's called.
>
><https://cdn.blizzardwatch.com/wp-content/uploads/2018/10/World-Quests.jpg>
>
>See the blue box?

I'd just point out that this is ONLY if you want flying (or to see the
story!). Mike has repeatedly said that he *only* wants to unlock his
Mechagnome and will do the rest when he is playing a Mechagnome - so,
he does not need to do this right now as it is not at all needed for
unlocking Mechagon. Just trying to clarify, as he's sounding rather
overwhelmed by the amount of content there is to do right now, and
sending him off doing stuff that doesn't progress his goal at all is
only going to add to his confusion!

Mike S.

May 3, 2020, 1:17:20 PM5/3/20
On Sun, 3 May 2020 03:50:19 -0000 (UTC), Lewis
<g.k...@gmail.com.dontsendmecopies> wrote:

>See the blue box?

I was following a guide on WowHead but they seem to match anyway. The
guide has me up to doing island expeditions. The blue box says 'War
Campaign - Island Expeditions'

I will follow both the guide and the blue box in my quest log. Thank
you.

Mike S.

May 3, 2020, 1:21:15 PM5/3/20
On Sun, 03 May 2020 14:21:46 +0100, Catriona R
<catriona...@totalise.co.uk> wrote:

>I'd just point out that this is ONLY if you want flying (or to see the
>story!). Mike has repeatedly said that he *only* wants to unlock his
>Mechagnome and will do the rest when he is playing a Mechagnome - so,
>he does not need to do this right now as it is not at all needed for
>unlocking Mechagon. Just trying to clarify, as he's sounding rather
>overwhelmed by the amount of content there is to do right now, and
>sending him off doing stuff that doesn't progress his goal at all is
>only going to add to his confusion!

I am definitely getting confused about the amount I need to do but I
*think* I am starting to get the hang of it. We'll see. Lewis has said
that most of what I need to unlock Mecha Gnomes will unlock most of
flying anyway so I might as well finish it. It would be nice to fly.
:)

Lewis

May 3, 2020, 1:29:49 PM5/3/20
In order to get to the raid you have to unlock the island and make some
level of progress. My recollection was that unlocking the island
required finishing the war campaign. If my recollection is wrong, I'm
sorry.

Completing the raid will require a gear level that you will not have if
you simply rush to the end.

--
It's better to burn out than it is to rust -- Neil Young as quoted be
Kurt Cobain

Mike S.

May 3, 2020, 2:14:17 PM5/3/20
From what I can gather, if I want to unlock the Mecha Gnome, allied
race, I need to unlock Mechagon. If I want to unlock Mechagon, I need
to get to Nazjatar. If I want to unlock Nazjatar I need the quest
'Uniting Kul'Tiras'. To get this quest I need to unlock the three
specific factions to friendly, get island expeditions activated and do
the three foothold quests.

It is no wonder I was confused. I may still be as I am not sure how
much of the above I got correct or not.

Thank you to both you and Catriona for the help thus far!

Lewis

May 3, 2020, 3:18:25 PM5/3/20
In message <3p1uafhjf956jskl1...@4ax.com> Mike S <Mik...@nowhere.com> wrote:
> On Sun, 3 May 2020 17:29:47 -0000 (UTC), Lewis
> <g.k...@gmail.com.dontsendmecopies> wrote:

>>In order to get to the raid you have to unlock the island and make some
>>level of progress. My recollection was that unlocking the island
>>required finishing the war campaign. If my recollection is wrong, I'm
>>sorry.
>>
>>Completing the raid will require a gear level that you will not have if
>>you simply rush to the end.

> From what I can gather, if I want to unlock the Mecha Gnome, allied
> race, I need to unlock Mechagon. If I want to unlock Mechagon, I need
> to get to Nazjatar. If I want to unlock Nazjatar I need the quest
> 'Uniting Kul'Tiras'. To get this quest I need to unlock the three
> specific factions to friendly, get island expeditions activated and do
> the three foothold quests.

Ah, that is definitely less than was required (but Blizzard often
removes gating ad lowers requirements as they go).

> It is no wonder I was confused. I may still be as I am not sure how
> much of the above I got correct or not.

If you login to wowhead and link your character (You can use battle.net
OAUTH to login) it will show check marks in the hover box over quests
showing you have completed them as well as a section on the end of the
search results for quest showing checkmarks for the characters you've
linked.

--
"Are you pondering what I'm pondering?"
"I think... so, Brain... *gag...but I didn't know Annette used peanut

Catriona R

May 3, 2020, 9:39:34 PM5/3/20
On Sun, 03 May 2020 14:14:14 -0400, Mike S. <Mik...@nowhere.com>
wrote:
That sounds like how I'm understanding it too :-)

Lewis makes a good point that you'll need to do the Operation:
Mechagon dungeon, which will need some gear, however you can get gear
in Nazjatar fairly easily which should be enough for the dungeon on
heroic mode (which is now available - originally it was only available
on mythic which is harder). When you get into Nazjatar there's a
vendor who sells gear for pearls, which can be gained by doing quests
in the zone and it doesn't take long at all to get a few pieces of
gear, which will also help you out while questing in regular Mechagon,
as mobs there are tuned for higher gear than newly-dinged greens ;-)

Lewis

May 3, 2020, 10:43:53 PM5/3/20
In message <uasuafdne9lj0i6mc...@4ax.com> Catriona R <catriona...@totalise.co.uk> wrote:
> Lewis makes a good point that you'll need to do the Operation:
> Mechagon dungeon, which will need some gear, however you can get gear
> in Nazjatar fairly easily which should be enough for the dungeon on
> heroic mode

Ah, that makes a huge difference. I think mythic groups were wanting
ilvl 430 at the time it unlocked.

> (which is now available - originally it was only available
> on mythic which is harder). When you get into Nazjatar there's a
> vendor who sells gear for pearls, which can be gained by doing quests
> in the zone and it doesn't take long at all to get a few pieces of
> gear, which will also help you out while questing in regular Mechagon,
> as mobs there are tuned for higher gear than newly-dinged greens ;-)

This is a very simple and fast method to gear up since you can buy the
gear for very little of the currency, and it comes fast. In fact, if you
are doing mission table, you can also generate currency there.

I had so many tokens on my main that I bought a full set of gear for
three alts so as soon as they hit 120 they were wearing... uh, I forget
the ilevel of that gear, 385? 400?

You don't get trinkets nor rings though, so my Mage was running around with
a green 266 ring for months, waiting for a drop, IIRC.

Still thinking about resubbing for a month since I have 4 toons that
could do mechagon achievement just by killing the boss. But what would I
do for the other 30 days?

--
Say, give it up, give it up, television's taking its toll That's
enough, that's enough, gimme the remote control I've been nice,

Catriona R

May 4, 2020, 10:33:59 AM5/4/20
On Mon, 4 May 2020 02:43:52 -0000 (UTC), Lewis
<g.k...@gmail.com.dontsendmecopies> wrote:

>In message <uasuafdne9lj0i6mc...@4ax.com> Catriona R <catriona...@totalise.co.uk> wrote:
>> Lewis makes a good point that you'll need to do the Operation:
>> Mechagon dungeon, which will need some gear, however you can get gear
>> in Nazjatar fairly easily which should be enough for the dungeon on
>> heroic mode
>
>Ah, that makes a huge difference. I think mythic groups were wanting
>ilvl 430 at the time it unlocked.

Ouch! That's just silly, that lvl of gear wasn't even available
outside of raids/high-end mythic+ dungeons till the following patch...
>> (which is now available - originally it was only available
>> on mythic which is harder). When you get into Nazjatar there's a
>> vendor who sells gear for pearls, which can be gained by doing quests
>> in the zone and it doesn't take long at all to get a few pieces of
>> gear, which will also help you out while questing in regular Mechagon,
>> as mobs there are tuned for higher gear than newly-dinged greens ;-)
>
>This is a very simple and fast method to gear up since you can buy the
>gear for very little of the currency, and it comes fast. In fact, if you
>are doing mission table, you can also generate currency there.
>
>I had so many tokens on my main that I bought a full set of gear for
>three alts so as soon as they hit 120 they were wearing... uh, I forget
>the ilevel of that gear, 385? 400?

385, yep, I buy a full set for my alts every time, although now
there's also the 410 pieces from NZoth zones, but those are only drops
and not so common, while the benthic gear is so easy to get, it's
great to have a reliable quick gearup for alts.

>You don't get trinkets nor rings though, so my Mage was running around with
>a green 266 ring for months, waiting for a drop, IIRC.

Yeah that's annoying, however you can get one trinket almost
immediately after entering Mechagon, and if you get far enough in the
legendary chain to unlock the NZoth assaults both world bosses drop
rings. that's getting a bit ahead of what Mike wants right now, so
he'll be more relying on luck for his rings, but at least there's that
Mechagon trinket that's quick to get. The 370 weapon from the nazjatar
unlock quest is also useful till bettr comes up in WQs.

>Still thinking about resubbing for a month since I have 4 toons that
>could do mechagon achievement just by killing the boss. But what would I
>do for the other 30 days?

Well we're on double rep and double exp at present so if there's any
factions that have rewards you want, or else any alts you want to lvl
extra-fast. Otherwise, depends what you want to do, I'm chipping away
at zone achievements (mostly needing RNG or other players to be around
for events so not progressing fast) and rep farming for paragon caches
at present, and meaning to do more story content, but I suspect none
of what I'm doing really appeals to you!

Mike S.

May 4, 2020, 9:34:23 PM5/4/20
On Mon, 04 May 2020 15:33:56 +0100, Catriona R
<catriona...@totalise.co.uk> wrote:

>Yeah that's annoying, however you can get one trinket almost
>immediately after entering Mechagon, and if you get far enough in the
>legendary chain to unlock the NZoth assaults both world bosses drop
>rings. that's getting a bit ahead of what Mike wants right now, so
>he'll be more relying on luck for his rings, but at least there's that
>Mechagon trinket that's quick to get. The 370 weapon from the nazjatar
>unlock quest is also useful till bettr comes up in WQs.

That 370 weapon is definitely useful. The gun I was using was only
item level 273. I think that is the biggest single jump I have seen.

And speaking of World Quests, as soon as I unlocked those, I got a
quest from a gnome called Fame Waits for Gnome One. This led to the
next quest called The Legend of Mechagon.

Lewis

May 4, 2020, 11:04:28 PM5/4/20
In message <tf90bfdma8pac2pe2...@4ax.com> Catriona R <catriona...@totalise.co.uk> wrote:
> On Mon, 4 May 2020 02:43:52 -0000 (UTC), Lewis
> <g.k...@gmail.com.dontsendmecopies> wrote:

>>In message <uasuafdne9lj0i6mc...@4ax.com> Catriona R <catriona...@totalise.co.uk> wrote:
>>> Lewis makes a good point that you'll need to do the Operation:
>>> Mechagon dungeon, which will need some gear, however you can get gear
>>> in Nazjatar fairly easily which should be enough for the dungeon on
>>> heroic mode
>>
>>Ah, that makes a huge difference. I think mythic groups were wanting
>>ilvl 430 at the time it unlocked.

> Ouch! That's just silly, that lvl of gear wasn't even available
> outside of raids/high-end mythic+ dungeons till the following patch...

Yep. Though it might have been 415. Whatever it was, it was better than
the gear you got. Finding mythic groups has always been a huge pain in
the ass. When I had to do the mythic Boralus instance early on I could
only do it by creating my own group "Quest Mythic, no Drama" and kicking
anyone who whine even once about :not doing it right" when we didn't
wipe.

> 385, yep, I buy a full set for my alts every time, although now
> there's also the 410 pieces from NZoth zones,

I stopped my sub before that content.

>>Still thinking about resubbing for a month since I have 4 toons that
>>could do mechagon achievement just by killing the boss. But what would I
>>do for the other 30 days?

> Well we're on double rep and double exp at present so if there's any
> factions that have rewards you want, or else any alts you want to lvl
> extra-fast.

I have at least revered with everyone and am 120 on all my alts.

> Otherwise, depends what you want to do, I'm chipping away at zone
> achievements (mostly needing RNG or other players to be around for
> events so not progressing fast) and rep farming for paragon caches at
> present, and meaning to do more story content, but I suspect none of
> what I'm doing really appeals to you!

I keep finding more TV to watch. Just watched all 5 seasons of Babylon
5, rewatched The Good Place, and am almost through Schitt's Creek.

Next up, Devs (but that is short). After that, maybe I'll was DS-9 and
skip all the O'Brien scenes? (god, I hate O'Brien)

--
"Are you pondering what I'm pondering?"
(sung) "I think so, Brain, but just how will we get the weasel to

Mike S.

May 5, 2020, 8:03:24 AM5/5/20
On Tue, 5 May 2020 03:04:26 -0000 (UTC), Lewis
<g.k...@gmail.com.dontsendmecopies> wrote:

>Next up, Devs (but that is short). After that, maybe I'll was DS-9 and
>skip all the O'Brien scenes? (god, I hate O'Brien)

I am actually making my way through DS9 now. I just finished season 4.
O'Brien I am ok with. It is his wife I do not like.

Lewis

May 5, 2020, 8:28:14 AM5/5/20
I don't like her either, but the fact that he was the linking character
from TNG to DS9 is why I never watched DS9.

It's not Colm Meaney, it is specifically Colm Meaney as O'Brien.

--
"@Drhorrible is not following you" Whew! that's a relief, I was sure
some super villain was following me. Hope it's not Dick Cheney.

Catriona R

May 5, 2020, 10:05:03 PM5/5/20
On Tue, 5 May 2020 03:04:26 -0000 (UTC), Lewis
<g.k...@gmail.com.dontsendmecopies> wrote:

>In message <tf90bfdma8pac2pe2...@4ax.com> Catriona R <catriona...@totalise.co.uk> wrote:
>> On Mon, 4 May 2020 02:43:52 -0000 (UTC), Lewis
>> <g.k...@gmail.com.dontsendmecopies> wrote:

>>>Ah, that makes a huge difference. I think mythic groups were wanting
>>>ilvl 430 at the time it unlocked.
>
>> Ouch! That's just silly, that lvl of gear wasn't even available
>> outside of raids/high-end mythic+ dungeons till the following patch...
>
>Yep. Though it might have been 415. Whatever it was, it was better than
>the gear you got. Finding mythic groups has always been a huge pain in
>the ass. When I had to do the mythic Boralus instance early on I could
>only do it by creating my own group "Quest Mythic, no Drama" and kicking
>anyone who whine even once about :not doing it right" when we didn't
>wipe.

Ugh, I can imagine. Not really a new thing, I remember silly demands
for access to groups right back to TBC, but always frustrating, I've
just entirely given up on non-queued instances now, and only very
rarely do the queued ones. A shame, as it's supposed to be an MMO, but
other players just suck the fun right out of things, so the more
soloable/duoable content the better as far as I'm concerned. Horrific
visions having flex size of 1-5 is very much something I'm liking,
wish they'd make all group content that way!

>> Otherwise, depends what you want to do, I'm chipping away at zone
>> achievements (mostly needing RNG or other players to be around for
>> events so not progressing fast) and rep farming for paragon caches at
>> present, and meaning to do more story content, but I suspect none of
>> what I'm doing really appeals to you!
>
>I keep finding more TV to watch. Just watched all 5 seasons of Babylon
>5, rewatched The Good Place, and am almost through Schitt's Creek.
>
>Next up, Devs (but that is short). After that, maybe I'll was DS-9 and
>skip all the O'Brien scenes? (god, I hate O'Brien)

Sometime I should try DS9, I missed out on that as I went from TNG to
Voyager and never made time for more than the odd episode of DS9
alongside them... been years since I watched any of those tbh, hmm,
something to look out for when I have some time. Making time for tv
shows doesn't happen so much though as I still play WoW a fair bit,
and Guild Wars 2 as well, and I haven't played anything like as much
Classic as I intended to either (eh that's partly down to my guild
changing beyond recognition though, the friends I had there all quit
and it's full of strangers, even down to the entire officer team, and
half the policies that previously worked for me have changed. I'm
weighing up whether to stick it out or look elsewhere, while knowing
there's not really any other guilds out there that suit me and Classic
without a guild is, well, not great for a shy person who finds it a
ton of stress to find pugs)

Mike S.

May 6, 2020, 10:11:56 AM5/6/20
On Wed, 06 May 2020 03:05:00 +0100, Catriona R
<catriona...@totalise.co.uk> wrote:

>Sometime I should try DS9, I missed out on that as I went from TNG to
>Voyager and never made time for more than the odd episode of DS9
>alongside them... been years since I watched any of those tbh, hmm,
>something to look out for when I have some time. Making time for tv
>shows doesn't happen so much though as I still play WoW a fair bit,
>and Guild Wars 2 as well, and I haven't played anything like as much
>Classic as I intended to either (eh that's partly down to my guild
>changing beyond recognition though, the friends I had there all quit
>and it's full of strangers, even down to the entire officer team, and
>half the policies that previously worked for me have changed. I'm
>weighing up whether to stick it out or look elsewhere, while knowing
>there's not really any other guilds out there that suit me and Classic
>without a guild is, well, not great for a shy person who finds it a
>ton of stress to find pugs)

Definitely give DS9 a try if you are a fan of Trek from that era.

As for Classic, I was going to play it but I decided to wait for
Burning Crusade. I am hoping to see it some time next year.

Lewis

May 6, 2020, 10:43:04 AM5/6/20
In message <ned5bfd3o0gkkstmr...@4ax.com> Mike S <Mik...@nowhere.com> wrote:
> As for Classic, I was going to play it but I decided to wait for
> Burning Crusade. I am hoping to see it some time next year.

Based on what are you expecting it? I've only heard rumors from the few
fans of classic (and screams of despair from other fans of Classic).

--
She floats like a swan Grace on the water

Mike S.

May 6, 2020, 11:59:26 AM5/6/20
On Wed, 6 May 2020 14:43:02 -0000 (UTC), Lewis
<g.k...@gmail.com.dontsendmecopies> wrote:

>Based on what are you expecting it? I've only heard rumors from the few
>fans of classic (and screams of despair from other fans of Classic).

They sent out a survey asking people how they want a rollout of
Burning Crusade to happen (fresh servers, character transfer,etc... ).
I do not think they would do this if BC servers were not going to
happen. It is really more of a question of when, not if, at this point
IMO. I am personally hoping they will announce it at Blizzcon for
next year.

Mike S.

May 6, 2020, 12:17:40 PM5/6/20
On Mon, 04 May 2020 02:39:32 +0100, Catriona R
<catriona...@totalise.co.uk> wrote:

>Lewis makes a good point that you'll need to do the Operation:
>Mechagon dungeon, which will need some gear, however you can get gear
>in Nazjatar fairly easily which should be enough for the dungeon on
>heroic mode (which is now available - originally it was only available
>on mythic which is harder). When you get into Nazjatar there's a
>vendor who sells gear for pearls, which can be gained by doing quests
>in the zone and it doesn't take long at all to get a few pieces of
>gear, which will also help you out while questing in regular Mechagon,
>as mobs there are tuned for higher gear than newly-dinged greens ;-)

This bit of info is very important to me now. I have two steps left to
get my mechagnome. I need Rustbolt Resistance rep which looks like it
will take some time but I should be able to get it sooner or later.

The second thing I need to do is kill the boss in Mechagon. At least I
think I am up to that. I have the Achievement 'The Mechagon Threat'
completed up to the very last checkmark which is 'Operation Mechagon
- The Mechoriginator'.

Now, I am a casual solo WoW player. I do not typically even think
about things like dungeon running and my item level. But I went into
the dungeon finder window with every intent on getting into a group
and knocking out that last bit of the achievement.... but I can't. My
item level is not high enough for the dungeon.

I really hope the above info will at least get me to the 365 item
level I need to get into Mechagon. I thought I was going to have to do
other dungeons just to get enough gear to do this one and I really do
not want to do that.

Catriona R

May 6, 2020, 4:40:35 PM5/6/20
On Wed, 06 May 2020 11:59:24 -0400, Mike S. <Mik...@nowhere.com>
wrote:
Yeah, I had that survey, they might not have been 100% on it but I'd
guess it was highly likely for it to happen if they were going to send
out a survey, as they'd know very well that it would be spread around
the intenet immediately it happened! Not expecting it anytime soon,
but would certainly be nice - my nostalgia is mainly for Classic, but
TBC had more fun classes, several specs were much better to play in
that era, and levelling was much the same either time out, with more
to do at max lvl in TBC for people like me who aren't big on grouping
all the time. So I'd happily play it if it came out, I assume they'd
leave some vanilla servers up anyway so I can always go back there for
some levelling too.

Catriona R

May 6, 2020, 5:08:50 PM5/6/20
On Wed, 06 May 2020 12:17:37 -0400, Mike S. <Mik...@nowhere.com>
wrote:
Nazjatar should help you a lot, as could world quests in other zones,
you'll most likely have unlocked them on your way to Mechagon, so open
up your map, and you'll see dots all over each zone in Kul Tiras and
Zandalar. Mouse over each and it'll show you the rewards, and some
will offer a nice piece of gear; those are worth heading over to do if
they're an upgrade. Nazjatar also has world quests, some will give
tokens you can convert to gear, others will give pearls which you can
spend to buy tokens. Shouldn't take long to hit 365, no need for
dungeons or anything :-)

Lewis

May 6, 2020, 9:21:14 PM5/6/20
In message <62o5bfdfhg9mv3sni...@4ax.com> Mike S <Mik...@nowhere.com> wrote:
> Now, I am a casual solo WoW player. I do not typically even think
> about things like dungeon running and my item level. But I went into
> the dungeon finder window with every intent on getting into a group
> and knocking out that last bit of the achievement.... but I can't. My
> item level is not high enough for the dungeon.

> I really hope the above info will at least get me to the 365 item
> level I need to get into Mechagon. I thought I was going to have to do
> other dungeons just to get enough gear to do this one and I really do
> not want to do that.

Get the gear by doing quests in Nazj. You don't rely on drops, the gear
is cheap, and it's ilvl 385 (and can be upgraded)

--
'They've given us the answers,' he [Carrot] said. 'Perhaps we can
find out what the questions should have been.' --Feet of Clay

Peter T.

May 6, 2020, 10:55:08 PM5/6/20
Den 07-05-2020 kl. 03:21 skrev Lewis:

>> I really hope the above info will at least get me to the 365 item
>> level I need to get into Mechagon. I thought I was going to have to do
>> other dungeons just to get enough gear to do this one and I really do
>> not want to do that.
>
> Get the gear by doing quests in Nazj. You don't rely on drops, the gear
> is cheap, and it's ilvl 385 (and can be upgraded)

True. And yesterday here in EU Nazjatar was full of dailies that
yielded those pearls you can swap for 385 gear. I bet there were enough
pearls for at least 8 pieces of 385 items. :)

Conquest points is another way to get even better gear. The first item
is a 440 weapon. The next item is a 445 head piece and so on. It
relies on warmode though unless you only do battlegrounds.

I also solo the game and I gear up through the clunky conquest system.

--
Peter T.

Peter T.

May 7, 2020, 6:39:08 AM5/7/20
Den 07-05-2020 kl. 04:55 skrev Peter T.:

> yielded those pearls

Prismatic manapearls more correctly. :)

--
Peter T.

Lewis

May 7, 2020, 6:56:59 AM5/7/20
In message <r90oga$1jle$1...@gioia.aioe.org> Peter T. <pin...@hotmail.moc> wrote:
> Den 07-05-2020 kl. 04:55 skrev Peter T.:

>> yielded those pearls

> Prismatic manapearls more correctly. :)

Pogs.

--
all your snowflakes are urine and you can't even find the cat