How be noob in RT

Steven Su

Aug 23, 2004, 9:58:09 AM8/23/04
Some hints :

1)lag
2)injure teammates
3)attack teammates
4)help ennemy team
5)never share
6)never give ressources
7)use pause often
8)make tower defense when orc
9)make pal first when hu
10)never active moonwell when elf
11)sell gold mine when ud
12)maphack
13)leave at start

Raymond Martineau

Aug 23, 2004, 11:14:55 AM8/23/04
On Mon, 23 Aug 2004 15:58:09 +0200, Steven Su <s...@aol.be> wrote:

>8)make tower defense when orc

"Would you, kind of, not defend your town with those towers?"
"I'm thinking.... NO!"

Welcome to Warcraft. Towers can be countered with siege weapons, such as
catapults, ballistas, or steam tanks.

>9)make pal first when hu

Any reason you have so much anger bottled up against the Paladin?

If you don't like the Paladin used against you early in the game, then
develop countertactics to it.

Todd S

Aug 23, 2004, 1:25:03 PM8/23/04
I've won many times with tower defense

John Gordon

Aug 23, 2004, 2:27:23 PM8/23/04
In <4129f7e8$0$14608$626a...@news.free.fr> Steven Su <s...@aol.be> writes:

> Some hints :

> 8)make tower defense when orc

I thought Orcs had the BEST towers. No?

Or do high-level uber players just never build towers?

--
John Gordon "Between BST melee, their spells, their warders' melee,
gor...@panix.com and their warders' procs, they put out enough damage

assaarpa

Aug 23, 2004, 3:47:38 PM8/23/04
> I thought Orcs had the BEST towers. No?

Doesn't matter who has the "best" towers these days they all suck.

assaarpa

Aug 23, 2004, 3:46:58 PM8/23/04
> Welcome to Warcraft. Towers can be countered with siege weapons, such as
> catapults, ballistas, or steam tanks.

Welcome to the latest upgrades, the towers are so nerfed now because of
whining bitches who never heard of siege that anyone who buys more than 1-2
is an idiot. 1-2 can protect against stupid windwalks and retarded shit like
that early on, especially arcane towers. That's it.

Towers cost more, have less damage inflicting power and their armor and
hitpoints have been nerfed to the point that we could just as well put Conan
O'Brien clones in place of towers, except towers are more funny that Conan.

Towers were "too strong" at first, gosu players whined about n00bs who built
them. Jesus towers cannot even more, they are *static* defence and tie down
money to place where it sticks to rest of the game. I noticed early on that
if you go to extremes with towers, make towers, towers, towers... and three
heros.. you can easily defend the towers with heros and XP them up. So what
Blizzard does? They go and nerf the towers, again, again, again and again ad
nauseum. Furthermore, they add a "rule" that when you fight near towers: NO
XP FOR YOU! So this means if want heros up the levels: no towering lameness!
Then they introduce *more* ways to neutralize the towers, the humans cloud
spell being one.

And so on. Originally, I used to tower all goldmines to the extreme.. 6
towers? I laught at that kind of penny-pinching! 20? More like it! Much more
towers if have the time to build'em! Then when the boneheads bash their
armies to the static defenses my heros have lv10 each and then can fuck his
buildings up with appropriate hero, each race has their own
wear-down-enemy-buildings-hero.

But that bliss came to an end, I really enjoyed playing that way mostly
because it did piss so many "wanna-be-gosus". The next stage was Frozen
Throne and the moonwells. Noticed they gave the moonwells extra juice.. they
were especially nicely boosted in earlier builds.. that got fixed ASAP, too.
The strat was to make not 6, not 12, not 24.. but maybe 30 or 40 moonwells,
no shit! And buy these nice items which make day a night so that these nice
moonwells charge asap. THEN adapt the army according to what enemy has, so
scouting with, say, owl is paramount importance. Then just sit on your
moonwells and not lose a single unit! The biggest losses will be #1
moonwells you will be losing (assuming your army is not up to it's job..
depending on army composition it can take longer or shorter time to wear
down enemy army.. which means X number of moonwells will be lost but no
units, unless you get careless :)

Then always when his army is down, you strike and run when the time comes.
This way the bitches will run out of money, once my ally declared I was a
n00b, left, and it was 2v2v1 so I had no chance but to win it on my own.
Only had one extra expansion enemy had ALL the rest of the gold in the
map -- and lost.

Starfall really does hurt them when they cannot kill the hero, most are
stupid cunts who think they can win with "superior firepower" and just stay
there and die --> lots of nice fat XP. Those who run until starfall ends,
well, are smarter and harder to deal with.

Biggest threat against that strategy were these so-called Undead Gosus who
had meatwagons and summon skeleton mages and there are just too many to deal
with. At this point you should really have dispell magic but that comes down
to the fact that scout, scout, scout.. so that you know what you should
have. :)

On top of that, if got 70-80 army.. enemy is stuffed. All-air works really
well with moonwells, there are only two situations where it sucks:

- enemy is human and has these units, my memory fails now, who can "trap"
air units.. you know what I mean.. ??? riders.. hawk riders? whatever, since
they can do that from safe distance and fuck your air army up.

- ditto for the undead

So if enemy army looks like that, chimeras and hippo mix might not be the
greatest idea.. but if they don't --! Then it is great as you can quickly
move where you need the units to be and fuck them up, then they will call
you a n00b and promptly proceed to leave the game. Add one or two talons
into the mix since in TFT they can reduce armor even when in crow form, when
fighting on top of moonwells well that means enemy is fucked up no matter
WHAT units they had, so their best bet is to bombard from far up but hope
they got their air defense, too. Either way, heros are really powerfull with
that much moonwell backup (remember we go overboard with them). Infact, I
*never* seen all the moonwells to run dry when have enough of them. They
used to recharge faster enemy could deplete them, their best shot was going
at THEM not units. Which opened their army wide for 'free' kills. Even if
they manage to knock out 8 moonwells or so, due that time their army is
reduced and mine is still 100% operational... be seeing you enemy!

Before someone forgets, this doesn't work anymore. The moonwells are nerfed
aswell as towers now. I guess someone started whining. All good things come
to an end.

Those were the times.. but unfortunately Blizzard is reacting to whining too
much. Why I shouldn't be able to whine that they make units useless because
of others whining? The point I am coming to is this:

Why Warcraft III / TFT has towers now that virtually any unit is cheaper,
stronger and has more firepower AND can move? Why not just remove the towers
completely that would make the game so much simpler for GOSU players, fewer
icons to interfere with the optimal build order and bashing two armies
together and deciding who wins the game in the first big fight. WC3 is above
all paper, stone and scissors game, afterall.. why make it more complex?
GOSU players are so annoyed by strategies they cannot deal with and think
don't conform to the One True Way to play the game. Blizzard sure has made
it their job to see that there are not too many ways to play their game and
have a shot at winning. How boring. :)

Juliusz 'Julas' Gonera

Aug 23, 2004, 4:06:00 PM8/23/04
Steven Su wrote:

> 10)never active moonwell when elf

Yeah, activate them so e.g. your huntress will get healed and your hero
will die. Very pro...
--
_ _ _ _ ___ ___
(__||___||__)|_|_||___) @toya.net.pl | ICQ: 64994211

Steven Ung

Aug 23, 2004, 7:42:28 PM8/23/04
Pally rox as first hero in RT!

--
Steven Ung
"The source of all greatness lies within you" - Anonymous
"Steven Su" <s...@aol.be> wrote in message

Raymond Martineau

Aug 23, 2004, 11:51:31 PM8/23/04
On Mon, 23 Aug 2004 22:46:58 +0300, "assaarpa" <redter...@fap.net>
wrote:

>> Welcome to Warcraft. Towers can be countered with siege weapons, such as
>> catapults, ballistas, or steam tanks.
>
>Welcome to the latest upgrades, the towers are so nerfed now because of
>whining bitches who never heard of siege that anyone who buys more than 1-2
>is an idiot. 1-2 can protect against stupid windwalks and retarded shit like
>that early on, especially arcane towers. That's it.
>
>Towers cost more, have less damage inflicting power and their armor and
>hitpoints have been nerfed to the point that we could just as well put Conan
>O'Brien clones in place of towers, except towers are more funny that Conan.

After all this time, and I didn't even notice the towers being weakened.
Guess I haven't played enough 1.00. :)

The only thing I really worried about was the initial tower construction at
the beginning of the game, where enemies plac 3 towers just outside your
base. While it might be counterable (by just running past), not many
people would consider that thing to be a valid tactic. It's easily fixed
by increasing buildtime of towers so that they are slightly more vulnerable
during the building phase.

The change log for the entire list of patches only indicates one place
where the Towers were weakened (Orc Watch Towers damage set to 16-18 from
19-22.)

>But that bliss came to an end, I really enjoyed playing that way mostly
>because it did piss so many "wanna-be-gosus". The next stage was Frozen
>Throne and the moonwells. Noticed they gave the moonwells extra juice.. they
>were especially nicely boosted in earlier builds.. that got fixed ASAP, too.
>The strat was to make not 6, not 12, not 24.. but maybe 30 or 40 moonwells,
>no shit! And buy these nice items which make day a night so that these nice
>moonwells charge asap. THEN adapt the army according to what enemy has, so
>scouting with, say, owl is paramount importance. Then just sit on your
>moonwells and not lose a single unit! The biggest losses will be #1
>moonwells you will be losing (assuming your army is not up to it's job..
>depending on army composition it can take longer or shorter time to wear
>down enemy army.. which means X number of moonwells will be lost but no
>units, unless you get careless :)

Well, Blizzard could easily reduce the strength of the Moon wells without
having that Nerf feeling. Instead of the instant healing, the healing
occurrs at a fairly gradual rate, such as across 15 seconds. Thus, the
army may keep its 100% strength, but the healing will require that they
will be occupied for a few seconds (and thus, won't be fighting at 100%
efficiency). If it turns out that this system makes the wells
underpowered, then minor compensation can apply.

As long as moonwells do instant healing, they will be powerful - nerfing
them in the classic fashion will only encourage more moon wells. In fact,
instant healing should be reserved for something really special, such as
the Paladin's Holy Light spell.

>Then always when his army is down, you strike and run when the time comes.
>This way the bitches will run out of money, once my ally declared I was a
>n00b, left, and it was 2v2v1 so I had no chance but to win it on my own.
>Only had one extra expansion enemy had ALL the rest of the gold in the
>map -- and lost.

Shouldn't you have control over the allies units when he leaves? (Unless
it's some strange ladder match rule...)

But in any case, the best vengence to that "ally" can be done by writing a
letter to the Battle.Net abuse department, by stating that the person you
were playing with was cheating by decoying you into a game that he
suspected you would lose. While one complaint won't make a difference,
enough people doing that sort of stuff will make Blizzard take notice.

While there are legitimate reasons for pulling out of a game before it
ends, saying that your ally is a |\|006 is an obvious flag for a decoy
player. Whether or not it is true is another story, but making themselves
look like a decoy won't help their case.

xyfos@lordaeron

Sep 4, 2004, 12:34:09 AM9/4/04
you are an idiot........ towers are most commonly used by the best
players in the game.. especially for orc... if you were any good, you
would know this.. the best night elf and orc players get many towers
to defend their expansions because they enemy cannot beat them without
alot of losses

assaarpa

Sep 4, 2004, 5:20:27 AM9/4/04
> you are an idiot........

Convincing argument! You are brilliant!

> towers are most commonly used by the best
> players in the game.. especially for orc... if you were any good, you

Look at the stats of towers, you will come to different conclucion,
ultra-intelligent-ubermench! Btw. towers are only good for supplementing
already-80 food army (or if you are maxed out, 100 food army). Beyond that,
they offer no value AT ALL over units, which are cheaper, stronger and
MOBILE.

> would know this.. the best night elf and orc players get many towers
> to defend their expansions because they enemy cannot beat them without
> alot of losses

The money is must better spent on STRONGER and CHEAPER units. If the enemy
knows what he is doing, the towers are a joke. Against noobs they might
work, maybe. The situation was radically different when the game was new..
then too much whining by players and the towers got nerfed to useless piece
of this. I think the idiot here is you....