How do horde get to Badlands and Swamp of Sorrows?

Devast8or

Aug 2, 2007, 9:00:44 AM8/2/07
Hey all,

how does a horde char get to Badlands and Swamp Of Sorrows?

The only way I can see is running from Arathi Highlands through Wetlands and
Loch Modan and all the way through Badlands to get to the horde town there,
and for SoS to run from STV up through Duskwood and Deadwind Pass. Is this
really the only way to get to these places before you have the flight path?

TIA

Devast8or

vmk...@gmail.com

Aug 2, 2007, 9:04:53 AM8/2/07

Yes.

Brian Westley

Aug 2, 2007, 9:46:09 AM8/2/07

>Yes.

No. I swam up the east coast of STV to SoS at level 35 to get the
flight path.

---
Merlyn LeRoy

vmk...@gmail.com

Aug 2, 2007, 9:59:57 AM8/2/07
On 2 elo, 16:46, Brian Westley <west...@visi.com> wrote:
> No. I swam up the east coast of STV to SoS at level 35 to get the
> flight path.

Hmm, that would work too... But wouldn't it be faster to run to SoS
through Duskwood and Deadwind Pass? Unless you're a druid with aquatic
form.

Another idea came to my mind. Isn't there a teleporter from Ratchet to
Gnomeregan? I've heard from it, but I've never used it. That would
make it faster to travel to Badlands.

Shammy

Aug 2, 2007, 9:58:29 AM8/2/07

BW> No. I swam up the east coast of STV to SoS at level 35 to get the
BW> flight path.

With best regards, Shammy.

Isn't it faster to go from Grom'gol just by running through Duskwood ?

Geoff

Aug 2, 2007, 10:19:22 AM8/2/07

"Devast8or" <inv...@invalid.invalid> wrote in message

badlands
go from undercity through highlands and wetlands

swamp of sorrows
go via booty bay and duskwood , deadwind pass,

Geoff

Aug 2, 2007, 10:21:08 AM8/2/07

"Geoff" <foooo...@hotmail.com> wrote in message

sorry ya grom gol
havn't been horde for a while, sorry :)

Lancelet

Aug 2, 2007, 10:27:59 AM8/2/07
vmk...@gmail.com wrote in news:1186063197.889817.58410
@g4g2000hsf.googlegroups.com:

> Another idea came to my mind. Isn't there a teleporter from Ratchet to
> Gnomeregan? I've heard from it, but I've never used it. That would
> make it faster to travel to Badlands.

That works too. You have to take the quest in Orgrimmar that request you to
kill Thermaplugg in Gnomeragan. Then, the gobelin next the quest giver will
wisp you. You talk to him, and he send you to Booty Bay. Then, the gobelin
in Booty bay will give you the device to use the teleporter.

Lancelet

neithskye

Aug 2, 2007, 10:49:16 AM8/2/07
On Aug 2, 9:00 am, "Devast8or" <inva...@invalid.invalid> wrote:

> The only way I can see is running from Arathi Highlands through Wetlands and
> Loch Modan and all the way through Badlands to get to the horde town there,
> and for SoS to run from STV up through Duskwood and Deadwind Pass. Is this
> really the only way to get to these places before you have the flight path?

I thought this would be hard to do, but it's actually fairly easy to
sneak around Darkshire to get to the path leading to the Deadwind
Pass. If you don't PvP, just watch out for the Town Crier walking
along the road. And if he shouts out something in Common in red text,
I think that means you should watch out for Stitches. :-)

--
Jill

Trooper

Aug 2, 2007, 11:19:23 AM8/2/07
In article <Xns9980A78175768la...@217.145.39.3>,
lancele...@merci.invalid says...

Oooh, I think I'll go do gnomer tonight, never been in there as I'm
horde and never felt the need, but with my new hunter I'm trying to solo
instances as I go alone. L45 hunter should be ok in Gnomer I assume?

Vladesch

Aug 2, 2007, 11:48:13 AM8/2/07
"Devast8or" <inv...@invalid.invalid> wrote in message

To get to Badlands you could also port to gnomeregan and run through dun
morogh/loch modan.
Not sure thats any easier tho.

Swamp of sorows can be reached by swiumming up from STV, but then theres a
lot of wildlife to get through to the flight path.

Chris Bradley

Aug 2, 2007, 1:12:40 PM8/2/07
On Fri, 3 Aug 2007 01:18:13 +0930, Vladesch <nob...@nospam.com> sayeth:

> "Devast8or" <inv...@invalid.invalid> wrote in message
>> how does a horde char get to Badlands and Swamp Of Sorrows?
>
> To get to Badlands you could also port to gnomeregan and run through dun
> morogh/loch modan.
> Not sure thats any easier tho.

That's not very much fun on a PvP server. :)

--
Chris B.
fur...@iglou.com

Brian Westley

Aug 2, 2007, 1:45:54 PM8/2/07
Chris Bradley <fur...@iglou.com> writes:

If you're high enough for badlands, it's not terribly hard.
The NPCs at the tunnels are around level 30. Avoid IF of course.

---
Merlyn LeRoy

DJB

Aug 2, 2007, 2:48:22 PM8/2/07
On Aug 2, 11:19 am, Trooper <removet...@trooperlooper.co.uk> wrote:
> Oooh, I think I'll go do gnomer tonight, never been in there as I'm
> horde and never felt the need, but with my new hunter I'm trying to solo
> instances as I go alone. L45 hunter should be ok in Gnomer I assume?

Highly unlikely soloing @ 45. I saw a L55 warrior wipe just infront of
Thermaplugg as the dwarves with landmines swarmed him. Had we been
helping (level 30s) it wouldn't have happened, but he wanted to try to
solo and told us all to stay waaay back.

Gnomeregan is significantly more difficult for its level range than
many other instances. If you pet dies you're done for, and I doubt its
a significant enough tank to hold. Runners galore.

Darin Johnson

Aug 2, 2007, 3:51:38 PM8/2/07
On Aug 2, 8:19 am, Trooper <removet...@trooperlooper.co.uk> wrote:
> Oooh, I think I'll go do gnomer tonight, never been in there as I'm
> horde and never felt the need

I found it very hard to get a group for Gnomer as a horde.
(though getting a group as alliance isn't a picnic either)

> L45 hunter should be ok in Gnomer I assume?

You may not be able to finish the horde quest though
at that level. The dark iron dwarves before Thermaplugg
do a *lot* of damage and you can't pull just one. The
boss himself has lots of bombs that help him, and he
does knockback. So you'll need to mend pet a lot.
It's not impossible, but I found the fight very difficult
at level 51, and I had a 30 rogue with me who was
trying to shut off the bombs.

You should be able to farm the early parts of the
instance for money easily enough though.

--
Darin Johnson

Darin Johnson

Aug 2, 2007, 4:12:41 PM8/2/07
On Aug 2, 6:00 am, "Devast8or" <inva...@invalid.invalid> wrote:
> Is this
> really the only way to get to these places before you have the flight path?

Swamp of Sorrows is easiest because you don't have
to worry about guards, as long as you skirt around
Darkshire. If you are high enough level to quest
in the Swamp of Sorrows, then it's a very easy run.

Badlands is trickier because of the Dwarf guards at
the entrance to Loch Modan who may trick you into
getting your PVP flag turned on. Stealth or bubble
or run like hell; they won't hurt too much if you're
the right level to be questing in Badlands.

The only really painful times to do this are on PVP
servers (the vast majority of players are on PVE),
or if you're too low level for the regions. You can
always just find a warlock willing to help you.

--
Darin Johnson

Pete B

Aug 2, 2007, 5:31:27 PM8/2/07
In article <46b1d491$0$21933$157c...@dreader1.cybercity.dk>,
inv...@invalid.invalid says...

Or you pay some highlevels (guild perhaps?) to summon you out there ;)

Pete B

Aug 2, 2007, 5:34:57 PM8/2/07
In article <MPG.211c06583...@News.individual.NET>,
remov...@trooperlooper.co.uk says...

Of course you don't have to actually do any quests in there to get the
transponder.

Pete B

Aug 2, 2007, 5:36:28 PM8/2/07
In article <13b462i...@corp.supernews.com>, wes...@visi.com
says...

Yeah, because the NPC's have different levels on PvP servers ;-)

Trooper

Aug 2, 2007, 6:09:37 PM8/2/07
In article <1186084298.0...@e9g2000prf.googlegroups.com>,
da...@usa.net says...

I got a fair way in before I quit, and wasn't having too many problems.
I can see the main boss being a problem though.

But, man, that is a boring instance, I didn't realise it was quite so
big and monotonous! I doubt i will be going back any time soon.

Darin Johnson

Aug 2, 2007, 6:49:07 PM8/2/07
On Aug 2, 3:09 pm, Trooper <removet...@trooperlooper.co.uk> wrote:
> But, man, that is a boring instance, I didn't realise it was quite so
> big and monotonous!

Really? I think it's one of the better instances.
More variety to enemies, variety in the areas
inside, interesting architecture, a nice dose of
humor, good loot, and some good challenges.
Compare to a similarly levelled RFK, which is
sheer boredom.

Gnomer is big, but you can bypass half of it once
you get the workshop key. It's sort of meant to
be done in two passes I think.

--
Darin Johnson

Ashen Shugar

Aug 3, 2007, 12:40:08 AM8/3/07
I think it was Trooper <remov...@trooperlooper.co.uk> that wrote
something like...

At a guess, as long as you can manage to kill a mob before they kill
you, and your feign death isn't resisted, then you'll be able to get
to the final boss.

Ashen Shugar
The moon by day, and the sun by night.
Blind woman, deaf man, jackdaw fool.
Let the Lord of Chaos rule!

wd

Aug 3, 2007, 11:58:44 AM8/3/07

"Trooper" <remov...@trooperlooper.co.uk> wrote in message

You'd probably get eaten alive actually. Getting to the end boss isn't too
bad, but he's a pain. He summons bombs to help him. The problem is when
you're soloing, they all swarm you.

Darin Johnson

Aug 3, 2007, 3:53:32 PM8/3/07
On Aug 3, 8:58 am, "wd" <as...@askme.com> wrote:
> The problem is when
> you're soloing, they all swarm you.

The hunter pet can help there, and maybe an explosive
trap in front of you to detonate bombs before they
get close (not sure how much hp they have). The pet
takes a whole lot of damage so lots of mend pet.

I did it with someone else who managed to shut off
a couple of bomb chutes before he died, so I didn't
strictly solo it. I think I was 50+ at the time.

The dark dwarves did kill us, which was kind of
embarrassing. I had feigned death, then managed
to get aggro before its cooldown was up. Could
have done a better pull, but I think the dwarves
nearest the back door passage are linked in a
group of 4.

--
Darin Johnson

Yeechang Lee

Aug 12, 2007, 9:20:06 PM8/12/07
Darin Johnson wrote:
> Really? I think [Gnomeregan]'s one of the better instances. More

> variety to enemies, variety in the areas inside, interesting
> architecture, a nice dose of humor, good loot, and some good
> challenges.

I, too, echo Darin's view of Gnomeregan and have never understood the
hate for Gnomeregan I've seen here and in other places. I ran it more
than a half-dozen times in my 30s and never disliked the experience
(other than wiping early on versus the Dark Iron Dwarves, which
*everyone* does at least once). Never had difficulty finding groups
for it, either, even in the pre capital cities-wide LFG channel; just
asking around in Ironforge would get a group going quickly.

> Gnomer is big, but you can bypass half of it once you get the
> workshop key. It's sort of meant to be done in two passes I think.

It's the first "grown up" dungeon. In terms of scale, difficulty slope
(with those Dwarves again being example #1), and the backdoor, it
presages all future Azeroth dungeons. I certainly wish the safe zone
and its vendors and mailbox would've also been emulated in
higher-level dungeons.

That said, the designers clearly realized that the high-end Azeroth
dungeons (let's say from BRD on) became too big and too complex (I've
been in BRD more than a dozen times, including through Emperor, and
still can't find my way around). The most-difficult Outland dungeon
I've tackled is Setekkh Halls, but dividing up large dungeons into
much-smaller, more-digestible chunks is clearly the right way to
go. Auchindoun in Azeroth would've been one ginormous instance, and
that much more difficult and dreary for being so.

--
"Sorry, but I consider lack of a 'pause me' command [in World of
Warcraft] to be a bug. At the very least, a lack of needed feature.

AlphaWoolf

Aug 14, 2007, 11:23:48 AM8/14/07
On 13 Aug 2007 01:20:06 GMT, Yeechang Lee <yl...@pobox.com> wrote:

>That said, the designers clearly realized that the high-end Azeroth
>dungeons (let's say from BRD on) became too big and too complex (I've
>been in BRD more than a dozen times, including through Emperor, and
>still can't find my way around). The most-difficult Outland dungeon
>I've tackled is Setekkh Halls, but dividing up large dungeons into
>much-smaller, more-digestible chunks is clearly the right way to
>go. Auchindoun in Azeroth would've been one ginormous instance, and
>that much more difficult and dreary for being so.

The one knock I have against Auchindoun is that the instances are so
much alike in appearance. Granted they all take place in the ruins of
a homogenous structure but are just so samey and drab. Compare that
to Tempest Keep instances that share many common elements but are all
clearly distinct. If you've seen one gray, cobweb-filled stone room in
Auchindoun you've seen them all, with very few exceptions.

----
Gnuthulhu, Undead Warlock
Fthagn, Undead Warrior
Rhyleya, Troll Hunter
Wydefoote, Tauren Shaman
Curwen, Blood Knight
Thunderhorn,US
Remove your coat for email.

tommy

Aug 14, 2007, 1:00:39 PM8/14/07
In article <18i3c3dg8rsfrjf1e...@4ax.com>,
AlphaWoolf <alpha...@yourcoatsbcglobal.net> wrote:

> The one knock I have against Auchindoun is that the instances are so
> much alike in appearance. Granted they all take place in the ruins of
> a homogenous structure but are just so samey and drab. Compare that
> to Tempest Keep instances that share many common elements but are all
> clearly distinct. If you've seen one gray, cobweb-filled stone room in
> Auchindoun you've seen them all, with very few exceptions.

I just want to know why there isn't a single drop of bird shit in
Sethekk Halls.

..oh, and I think all of the new instances are bo-ring. Cut & Paste
laziness.

I was so happy to see that Karazhan is so detailed and nicely-made.
Reminds me of a huge Shadowfang Keep (one of the best instances ever)

Darin Johnson

Aug 14, 2007, 6:09:11 PM8/14/07
On Aug 14, 10:00 am, tommy <sky...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Reminds me of a huge Shadowfang Keep (one of the best instances ever)

I agree there. Gnomeregan and SFK are nicely made,
probably the best in terms of design and style.
It's sad that they're so seldomly run (though SFK
is more popular with horde).

RFK is boring as anything can be, while across the
road RFD has some interesting bosses and encounters
(though the backdrop is a bit boring). Deadmines
has interest while Wailing Caverns is long and
monotonous. There's a lot of hit-or-miss going
on . Some seem to have a bit of design and
planning, while others are just a long string of
fights.

--
Darin Johnson

Ashley hill

Feb 4, 2024, 11:53:32 PMFeb 4
✅🔴▶️▶ Really Amazing ️You Can Try This ◀️◀️🔴✅

✅▶️▶️ CLICK HERE Full HD✅720p✅1080p✅4K✅

WATCH ✅💻📺📱👉https://co.fastmovies.org

ᗪOᗯᑎᒪOᗩᗪ ✅📺📱💻👉https://co.fastmovies.org

🔴WATCH>>ᗪOᗯᑎᒪOᗩᗪ>>LINK>👉https://co.fastmovies.org

✅WATCH>>ᗪOᗯᑎᒪOᗩᗪ>>LINK>👉https://co.fastmovies.org

💚WATCH>>ᗪOᗯᑎᒪOᗩᗪ>>LINK>👉https://co.fastmovies.org

💚 Really Amazing ️You Can Try This💚WATCH>ᗪOᗯᑎᒪOᗩᗪ>LINK>
🔴ALL>Movies>ALL>TIME>HITE>Save>LINK👉https://co.fastmovies.org

💚CLICK HERE Full HD>720p>1080p>4K💚WATCH>ᗪOᗯᑎᒪOᗩᗪ>LINK>
🔴ALL>Movies>ALL>TIME>HITE>Save>LINK👉https://co.fastmovies.org

🔴💻ALL>Movies>WATCH>ᗪOᗯᑎᒪOᗩᗪ>LINK>👉https://co.fastmovies.org