Just won with hide the farm....

Joey P. Smith

Mar 18, 2003, 4:29:56 PM3/18/03
Hi all. I am very, very new to the game as far as battlenet goes and
had read about hide "hide the farm" I know some of you consider this a
"gay" or "lame" tactic, but, it is legal and if a guy quits instead of
scouting, it's his own fault. Hell, this guy didn't even search for a
full 60 sec.

hahaha

JoeyP

Gismo

Mar 18, 2003, 4:49:03 PM3/18/03

"Joey P. Smith" <joe...@cox.net> skrev i en meddelelse

i wc3 you loose if you only have farms left ...
The game is not about finding farms or other hidden buildings....
Its about have some fun .. Where is the fun part in hiding farms ??? Its so
lame to do it ... ppl should be banned ...

Gismo

Joey P. Smith

Mar 18, 2003, 4:56:46 PM3/18/03

Thats a good point Gismo. You paid your 50 bucks for the game same as
I. Doesn't that entitle us to the same rights? There are far, far
worse things Blizzard should ban people for...hacking the game, stealing
cd keys...etc. Why ban someone for doing something that is perfectly
legal within the rules of the game? Esp. something that is easy to beat
by just making a few flyers and searching. Hell, I think the guys who
go all into it and are creative with it deserve some credit for
inventive thinking. At least they are not "cheating" or "hacking the
system. Did Hitler stay in the middle of the battlefield or did he hide
underground?

JoeyP

Kyo

Mar 18, 2003, 5:09:57 PM3/18/03
Joey P. Smith wrote:
<cut>

You noob ;))
Let's comprae your paying for game to taxes ;)) is like that:
We all pay taxes (maybe not all ;) but can't you piss in the middle of
street ? no ! it is called being normal. So your lame noob tactics hide the
farm (is this true ??) or hide wisp or hide tree or other laaame hides is
like pissing in the middle of the street for me.

I don't play for points - i get them only to play with better guys ! I want
to be on 20lev bcoz I want to play hard games, NOT to tell everyone in my
kindergarden that i'm masta-hacker and gosu ! And I don't want to play with
lames ! SO if ever find some noob trying to hide the farm i will waste this
2minutes to find him and klill him coz I hate noobz... grr thats all ;)

--
Kyo
GG:1427478

Night_Seer

Mar 18, 2003, 5:11:40 PM3/18/03

Night_Seer
"Joey P. Smith" <joe...@cox.net> wrote in message

Eww you don't really want to compare yourself to Hitler do you???

Gismo

Mar 18, 2003, 5:15:03 PM3/18/03

> Gismo wrote:
> > "Joey P. Smith" <joe...@cox.net> skrev i en meddelelse
> >
> >>Hi all. I am very, very new to the game as far as battlenet goes and
> >>had read about hide "hide the farm" I know some of you consider this a
> >>"gay" or "lame" tactic, but, it is legal and if a guy quits instead of
> >>scouting, it's his own fault. Hell, this guy didn't even search for a
> >>full 60 sec.
> >

> > i wc3 you loose if you only have farms left ...
> > The game is not about finding farms or other hidden buildings....
> > Its about have some fun .. Where is the fun part in hiding farms ??? Its
so
> > lame to do it ... ppl should be banned ...
> >

> > Gismo
>

> Thats a good point Gismo. You paid your 50 bucks for the game same as
> I. Doesn't that entitle us to the same rights? There are far, far
> worse things Blizzard should ban people for...hacking the game, stealing
> cd keys...etc.

They do. They have banned over 50.000 acc by now

Why ban someone for doing something that is perfectly
> legal within the rules of the game? Esp. something that is easy to beat
> by just making a few flyers and searching.

You said you was new to the game. You can place farms so you cant see them.
you have to know where they are places to find them !

Hell, I think the guys who
> go all into it and are creative with it deserve some credit for
> inventive thinking. At least they are not "cheating" or "hacking the
> system.

Might just be me ... Or where is the fun waiting 1½ hour for one to find
your last building ?? Where is the funny part spending 1½ hour find a farm ?

If you got a giant army is ok to do it ... If you have a chance to beat the
other d00d ... 99% of those who hide farms use his last worker !

Did Hitler stay in the middle of the battlefield or did he hide
> underground?

Oshama is hiding now .. He is only winning some time before he get killed

Gismo

Joey P. Smith

Mar 18, 2003, 6:27:05 PM3/18/03

Wow. You should realy consider better english and spelling
classes...maybe going back to
"kindergarden". And, if you are going to use an analogy, use one that
makes sense. Paying taxes and pissing in the street is of poor
comparison. We all have to pay taxes(buying the game) but pissing in
the street is ILLEGAL..building a farm isn't. In your last paragraph,
you only stated YOUR personal feelings and opinions. Why YOU play and
what YOUR goals are are a matter of taste. You paid your money for the
game and have just as much rights of anyone else. That is fine. If
you should run into someone using this tactic, I agrre you should spend
the time to scout and win. That was my point. The guy I beat with this
tactic didn't search more than 60 seconds before he quit. I did not
start the game building the farm, but, I thought it would be fun to try.
If he is to lazy to search, that is his fault, not mine.

JoeyP

Joey P. Smith

Mar 18, 2003, 6:31:37 PM3/18/03

Where "you" think the fun is is not the point. The point is if someone
is to lazy to spend more than 60 sec. to find the farm.

> Did Hitler stay in the middle of the battlefield or did he hide
>
>>underground?
>

> Oshama is hiding now .. He is only winning some time before he get killed

Ok..I agree. So should we stop looking. That is my point. If a guy
stops looking after
60 seconds and didn't even build flyers, then it is his own damn fault.

JoeyP

Gismo

Mar 18, 2003, 6:44:31 PM3/18/03

> > Did Hitler stay in the middle of the battlefield or did he hide
> >
> >>underground?
> >

> > Oshama is hiding now .. He is only winning some time before he get
killed

> Ok..I agree. So should we stop looking. That is my point. If a guy
> stops looking after
> 60 seconds and didn't even build flyers, then it is his own damn fault.

or .. he wacked my ass ... he is probaly better than me .. gg and you leave
!!!

Gismo

Kyo

Mar 18, 2003, 7:05:08 PM3/18/03
Joey P. Smith wrote:
<cut>

my english is ok. but I was nervous !!!
comparation is good ;) in middleages it was legal to piss in the middle of
the street, so You are in middleages ;D

--
Kyo
GG:1427478

Night_Seer

Mar 18, 2003, 7:16:36 PM3/18/03

Night_Seer
"Joey P. Smith" <joe...@cox.net> wrote in message

Just to be fair it's spelled "kindergarten". I don't support this guy,
but I hate it when people on here get into grammar wars. I don't get on
newsgroups to be eloquent and correct, I get on to make a point or ask a
question. I let my spellchecker take care of that stuff.

Steven Ung

Mar 18, 2003, 7:19:40 PM3/18/03
"Night_Seer" <do...@bother.me> wrote in message

> > > Joey P. Smith wrote:
> > Wow. You should realy consider better english and spelling
> > classes...maybe going back to
> > "kindergarden". And, if you are going to use an analogy, use one that
>
> Just to be fair it's spelled "kindergarten". I don't support this
guy,
> but I hate it when people on here get into grammar wars. I don't get on
> newsgroups to be eloquent and correct, I get on to make a point or ask a
> question. I let my spellchecker take care of that stuff.

LMAO...

--
Steven Ung, ICQ# : 65203722, BattleNet Nick : SuperNuubie
Europe is teh superior place on earth. Far enough, away from the Yankees,

Luc The Perverse

Mar 18, 2003, 7:43:42 PM3/18/03

"Kyo" <endix_nie_spamuj_...@poczta.onet.polskaja> wrote in
message news:b58c8a$sl0$1...@news.onet.pl...

P implies Q is not the same as Q implies P

There is a name for this logical fallacy, but I can't remember it for the
life of me

-LTP

:)

Steven Ung

Mar 18, 2003, 7:32:56 PM3/18/03
"Joey P. Smith" <joe...@cox.net> wrote in message

Well, maybe his mommy was yelling at him for dinner and had to quit the game
since he is on dial-up. He can't afford to have his computer running while
he goes off to have his dinner.

Anyway, the point is that if you have a (or a few) farms left, with no army
or means to fight back, you didn't win. Sure, you may think that you had won
(like you had stated), but has it ever occured to you that you may be
playing someone from the scenario given above?

Another fact is that you're actually playing someone who has the same skill
level as you or he don't have enough resources to contruct 'flyers'.

Hiding the farm is definitely a lame / gh3y tactic if you had lost
everything. Be a gentlemen and quit the game, making people have more
respect for you.

On your rationale that you had paid for the game and was looking for fun,
wouldn't you agree that it would be more fun if you actually won the game
legitly?

Have you ever beaten someone whom you thought were impossible to beat
before? (your partner who teases you, for instance). Now, that *IS* fun.

> hahaha

Graeme Dice

Mar 18, 2003, 11:48:50 PM3/18/03

The easiest way to describe it is to simply point out that the fact that
all squares are rectangles does not make all rectangles squares.

Graeme DIce
--
"Reason, Observation, and Experience — the Holy Trinity of
Science." — Robert G. Ingersoll (1833-99), US lawyer and

Graeme Dice

Mar 18, 2003, 11:50:39 PM3/18/03
Gismo wrote:

<snip>

>Why ban someone for doing something that is perfectly
> > legal within the rules of the game? Esp. something that is easy to beat
> > by just making a few flyers and searching.
>
> You said you was new to the game. You can place farms so you cant see them.
> you have to know where they are places to find them !

You don't need to be able to see a farm to destroy it. You just need to
use a patrol order so that your units will automatically attack it. It
should really not take that much time to completely search most of a map
for a single farm, and if they still have other units left that could
cause you problems then you really haven't won yet.

Graeme Dice
--
"Physics is like sex: sure, it may give some practical results,
but that's not why we do it." — Richard Feynman.

Caecina

Mar 19, 2003, 12:34:25 AM3/19/03
>It
>should really not take that much time to completely search most of a map
>for a single farm, and if they still have other units left that could
>cause you problems then you really haven't won yet.

Exactly, which is why they should abandon the two minute rule, in the
expansion.

Picture Dots

Mar 19, 2003, 12:57:01 AM3/19/03

"Graeme Dice" <grd...@sk.sympatico.ca> wrote in message
> but that's not why we do it." - Richard Feynman.

Or you could use attack-move (Click attack then click on the minimap
somewhere) Its incredibly easy to find hidden buildings using this and
flying units

Caecina

Mar 19, 2003, 1:55:44 AM3/19/03
>Or you could use attack-move (Click attack then click on the minimap
>somewhere) Its incredibly easy to find hidden buildings using this and
>flying units

Tell that to Blizzard, which plans on changing the game drastically. (go w/out
a town hall for two minutes, enemy gets shared vision)

Graeme Dice

Mar 19, 2003, 2:24:46 AM3/19/03
Picture Dots wrote:

<snip>

> > "Physics is like sex: sure, it may give some practical results,
> > but that's not why we do it." - Richard Feynman.
>
> Or you could use attack-move (Click attack then click on the minimap
> somewhere) Its incredibly easy to find hidden buildings using this and
> flying units

I prefer patrol for this particular situation because you can get
slightly more map revealed for less total clicks as they don't come back
on quite the same path the went out on.
--
"According to our control room, we are 100% certain that the next
president will be a middle-aged white guy."

Ketil Malde

Mar 19, 2003, 2:40:23 AM3/19/03
"Joey P. Smith" <joe...@cox.net> writes:

>> The game is not about finding farms or other hidden buildings....
>> Its about have some fun .. Where is the fun part in hiding farms
>> ??? Its so lame to do it ... ppl should be banned ...

> Did Hitler stay in the middle of the battlefield

> or did he hide underground?

Uh, when he realized he'd lost, he shot himself. Good call, if you
ask me :-)

(Try Osama bin Laden for 'hide the farm' tactics.)

-kzm

E. Deirdre Brooks

Mar 19, 2003, 4:03:37 AM3/19/03

This is *so* not a drastic change.

--
E. D. Brooks | kalima...@attbi.com | US2002021724
Listowner: Aberrants_Worldwide, Fading_Suns_Games, TrinityRPG

Caecina

Mar 19, 2003, 4:54:39 AM3/19/03
>"E. Deirdre Brooks" wrote:
>This is *so* not a drastic change.

If the shared vision were limited to buildings (specifically, non-unit
producing buildings), I wouldn't have as much a problem with it.

Joey P. Smith

Mar 19, 2003, 7:32:48 AM3/19/03

Steven Ung wrote:
> "Joey P. Smith" <joe...@cox.net> wrote in message
>
>>Hi all. I am very, very new to the game as far as battlenet goes and
>>had read about hide "hide the farm" I know some of you consider this a
>>"gay" or "lame" tactic, but, it is legal and if a guy quits instead of
>>scouting, it's his own fault. Hell, this guy didn't even search for a
>>full 60 sec.
>

> Well, maybe his mommy was yelling at him for dinner and had to quit the game
> since he is on dial-up. He can't afford to have his computer running while
> he goes off to have his dinner.

Hmmm, once again, not my problem. If he is so pressed for time before
his mommy starts yelling at him, then maybe he shouldn't start a
Warcfaft game.

> Anyway, the point is that if you have a (or a few) farms left, with no army
> or means to fight back, you didn't win. Sure, you may think that you had won
> (like you had stated), but has it ever occured to you that you may be
> playing someone from the scenario given above?

A win is a win. Period. See below.

> Another fact is that you're actually playing someone who has the same skill
> level as you or he don't have enough resources to contruct 'flyers'.
>
> Hiding the farm is definitely a lame / gh3y tactic if you had lost
> everything. Be a gentlemen and quit the game, making people have more
> respect for you.
>
> On your rationale that you had paid for the game and was looking for fun,
> wouldn't you agree that it would be more fun if you actually won the game
> legitly?
>
> Have you ever beaten someone whom you thought were impossible to beat
> before? (your partner who teases you, for instance). Now, that *IS* fun.

I will compare it to something else. A long, long time ago...say 15
years. Before everyone had a computer in the home and everyone had
access to email, me and my friends played a PBM(thats Play By Mail for
you kids) called Duelmasters. It was sort of like D&D except that you
made up your guy, and equiped him to fight in "Roman Gladiator" style
one on one combat. There were lots of styles you could pick for your
guy. But once you picked your fighter(s) style, that was it, you were
stuck with it. There were Bashers--big strong guys, there were Wall of
Steel--guys who kept the weapon weaving in front of him, and there were
Lungers and Parry/Lungers--Usually smart, little, fast guys. And there
were Total Parrys. Everything your guy did, used up endurance, just
like a real fight. Well, one dude figured out that if you took a Total
Parry and put him in Plate Mail armor and gave the guy two large
shields! Thats right, no weapon, just two shields. Anyway, the guy
would just stand there and either parry all your shots or absorb the
once he couldn't parry until you fell over from running out of
endurance. Bang. He wins. Everybody hated this guy and everyone
bitched and whined to the company about it but guess what? "He payed
his money like everyone else, so they cannot make him change his
tactics". Guess what had to happen? You actually had to come up with a
way to beat the guy. After a while, we would even target guys using
this tactic to see if we had come up with a good way to defeat it.
Sometimes, we would even use it ourselves to see if it could be improved
upon. How does one situation compare to the other? Easy. GET OVER IT
AND QUIT WHINING! LEARN TO SCOUT MORE THAN 60 SECONDS! The guy I beat
even "threatened" me that Warcraft was going to ban anyone using this
tactic. What a joke. Just learn to put more time into scouting and
quit crying "foul" when your mommy calls you to dinner. What a bunch of
school boys.

JoeyP

Ognjen Kosanovic

Mar 19, 2003, 9:02:52 AM3/19/03
Maybe he is not so obsessed with his score on Bnet as you are. He had
fun beating you and when he saw that you were not mature enough to
accept your loss, he quit. I welcome TFT 2 minutes rule which will get
rid of all you farm hiders. Bragging about this only gets you flamed so
why post it?

Joey P. Smith

Mar 19, 2003, 10:27:25 AM3/19/03

Ognjen Kosanovic wrote:
> Maybe he is not so obsessed with his score on Bnet as you are. He had
> fun beating you and when he saw that you were not mature enough to
> accept your loss, he quit. I welcome TFT 2 minutes rule which will get
> rid of all you farm hiders. Bragging about this only gets you flamed so
> why post it?

obsessed with my score??? Are you high? Nowhere have I bragged about
HOW MANY wins I have. Hell, I probably have fewer wins than anyone on
here and probably lots more losses. I have ONLY used this as my only
tactic once and in fact the guy I was playing was joking with me about
it. Except this one time, I have tried to play "regular" every game.
If I cared whether I win or lose, or was so concerned about my score as
you say, I would use it all the time.

JoeyP

Caecina

Mar 19, 2003, 1:17:53 PM3/19/03
> I welcome TFT 2 minutes rule which will get
>rid of all you farm hiders.

You're speaking out of emotion. Unless this two minute rule applies only to
non-unit producing buildings, it's bunk.

Clark Kent

Mar 19, 2003, 5:14:45 PM3/19/03
> or .. he wacked my ass ... he is probaly better than me .. gg and you
leave

There is nothing wrong making the other bloke WORK for this victory, if he
can't hack it, tough shit.

Clark Kent

Mar 19, 2003, 5:15:40 PM3/19/03
> This is *so* not a drastic change.

Not for me, as I use maphack all the time. I won't notice any difference,
that's true.

Clark Kent

Mar 19, 2003, 5:19:35 PM3/19/03
> You're speaking out of emotion. Unless this two minute rule applies only
> non-unit producing buildings, it's bunk.

With maphack, who actually cares..?

Caecina

Mar 19, 2003, 7:07:10 PM3/19/03
>Not for me, as I use maphack all the time. I won't notice any difference,
>that's true.

Loser.

Steven Ung

Mar 19, 2003, 7:01:31 PM3/19/03
"Caecina" <cae...@aol.com> wrote in message

I agree. At times with 3 level 10 heroes on your side, you can do wonders in
WC3.

Steven Ung

Mar 19, 2003, 7:02:36 PM3/19/03

> obsessed with my score??? Are you high? Nowhere have I bragged about
> HOW MANY wins I have. Hell, I probably have fewer wins than anyone on
> here and probably lots more losses. I have ONLY used this as my only
> tactic once and in fact the guy I was playing was joking with me about
> it. Except this one time, I have tried to play "regular" every game.
> If I cared whether I win or lose, or was so concerned about my score as
> you say, I would use it all the time.

Well, at least you did realize that its a lame way to win. Oh well, I won't
bother you anymore :-)

Clark Kent

Mar 19, 2003, 7:31:41 PM3/19/03
> >Not for me, as I use maphack all the time. I won't notice any difference,
> >that's true.
>
> Loser.

That's your opinion and I appreciate you found the time to write it down.

Caecina

Mar 19, 2003, 7:45:43 PM3/19/03
>That's your opinion and I appreciate you found the time to write it down.

If you're too immature to understand the inappropriateness of a maphack, then
you're just a waste of everybody's time.

Night_Seer

Mar 19, 2003, 7:59:38 PM3/19/03
Night_Seer
"Clark Kent" <cla...@hotmail.com> wrote in message

> > This is *so* not a drastic change.
>
> Not for me, as I use maphack all the time. I won't notice any difference,
> that's true.

Ok this is the part where we stop posting to this cheaters thread, there is
no point in reasoning with someone like this, if they think its ok to use a
maphack, so just ignore his sorry ass.

E. Deirdre Brooks

Mar 19, 2003, 8:26:54 PM3/19/03

Nothing wrong with having a problem or an opinion about it. I just think
you're way overstating the scale.

E. Deirdre Brooks

Mar 19, 2003, 8:29:23 PM3/19/03
"Joey P. Smith" wrote:

> obsessed with my score??? Are you high? Nowhere have I bragged about
> HOW MANY wins I have. Hell, I probably have fewer wins than anyone on
> here and probably lots more losses. I have ONLY used this as my only
> tactic once and in fact the guy I was playing was joking with me about
> it. Except this one time, I have tried to play "regular" every game.
> If I cared whether I win or lose, or was so concerned about my score as
> you say, I would use it all the time.

Oh, you probably have more wins than I do, but still lots more losses.
:)

E. Deirdre Brooks

Mar 19, 2003, 8:45:12 PM3/19/03

...and you even admit it.

How droll.

Clark Kent

Mar 20, 2003, 9:58:32 AM3/20/03
> If you're too immature to understand the inappropriateness of a maphack,
then
> you're just a waste of everybody's time.

Insult after insult... let me advice you, my young friend: first, if you
didn't yet get it, your insults are going wasted as I am not posting under
my own identity neither would I be insulted by YOU even if I were.

Regarding inappropriateness of a maphack, that is highly subjective, don't
you think? Oh, wait, you don't. My mistake.

And wether I am Right or Wrong, using insults as argument do your case no
good as they are not arguments. They are insults, nothing more, nothing
less. You yet to actually show WHY maphacking is waste of everybody's time.
After you actually get to the topic, you can call others immature (not that
anyone cares, but it just shows how immature you are yourself, which no one
cares about either).

Now, excuse me, I got TK'ing to do (yes, I use maphack only to see if I am
in a hurry to TK my team).

Clark Kent

Mar 20, 2003, 10:01:05 AM3/20/03
> ...and you even admit it.

Any reason I shouldn't...? I am not trying to make a fanclub or fame for
myself. Some gosus seem to play solely for these purposes, I, you see, get
kicks from pissing them off.

Ognjen Kosanovic

Mar 20, 2003, 12:02:17 PM3/20/03
Yeah, I guess you're right.

Caecina

Mar 20, 2003, 12:32:00 PM3/20/03
If you had at least said that you only use the maphack when your enemy plays
'hide the farm' (since that is the subject of this thread), then the response
wouldn't have so negative. I simply think the purity of competition is gone,
when the maphack is used during the game.

E. Deirdre Brooks

Mar 21, 2003, 3:44:10 AM3/21/03

It means you got brass balls. 'Course, they don't seem to be good for
much else.

Clark Kent

Mar 21, 2003, 4:11:47 AM3/21/03
> It means you got brass balls. 'Course, they don't seem to be good for
> much else.

'Har Har Har' <- faking laughter, 'Course you were so funny I am bursting.

Gero Kunter

Mar 21, 2003, 9:20:14 AM3/21/03
Graeme Dice <grd...@sk.sympatico.ca> wrote:
[ ... ]
> The easiest way to describe it is to simply point out that the fact that
> all squares are rectangles does not make all rectangles squares.

Graeme, do you know that feeling of déjà-vu? (Hello RGRA...) :)

Cheers, Gero

--
Gero Kunter (gero....@epost.de)

Graeme Dice

Mar 21, 2003, 6:24:15 PM3/21/03
Gero Kunter wrote:

> Graeme Dice <grd...@sk.sympatico.ca> wrote:
> [ ... ]
> > The easiest way to describe it is to simply point out that the fact that
> > all squares are rectangles does not make all rectangles squares.
>
> Graeme, do you know that feeling of déją-vu? (Hello RGRA...) :)
>
> Cheers, Gero

Eerie, isn't it.

Graeme Dice
--
"After a year's research, one realizes it could have been done in a
week."

Juliusz 'Julas' Gonera

Mar 22, 2003, 6:18:32 AM3/22/03
Clark Kent wrote:

> Not for me, as I use maphack all the time. I won't notice any difference,
> that's true.

Why do you say that? Do you know that you aren't anonymous in the Internet?
You're using a dialup connection so you're probably sitting in home. If
somebody send some data to Blizz, they may indentify you by a little
cooperation with "Elisa Internet".

--
_ _ _ _ ___ ___
(__||___||__)|_|_||___) @toya.net.pl

Clark Kent

Mar 23, 2003, 4:15:20 PM3/23/03
> Why do you say that? Do you know that you aren't anonymous in the
Internet?
> You're using a dialup connection so you're probably sitting in home. If

Actually, I'm not using a dialup connection. I don't even have a telephone
(only a cellular phone).

> somebody send some data to Blizz, they may indentify you by a little
> cooperation with "Elisa Internet".

And what difference would that make? Btw. it's spelled "identify"

Juliusz 'Julas' Gonera

Mar 24, 2003, 7:20:47 AM3/24/03
Clark Kent wrote:

> Actually, I'm not using a dialup connection. I don't even have a telephone
> (only a cellular phone).

Erm... isn't that your reverse DNS: ua40d40hel.dial.kolumbus.fi?

> And what difference would that make?

They can ban your CD-Key?

> Btw. it's spelled "identify"

Oh, really? I bet you have never missplaced any letter in your posts.

Clark Kent

Mar 24, 2003, 7:42:10 AM3/24/03
> Erm... isn't that your reverse DNS: ua40d40hel.dial.kolumbus.fi?

Might be, but it's not a dialup, it's just relic of their early 1990's DNS
names. You really NEEDED to know this, eh? You might also have found out
already that kolumbus.fi doesn't exist anymore either. Is this THAT
interesting? ;-)

> > And what difference would that make?
>
> They can ban your CD-Key?

I'm scared.. now I need to generate a new cdkey for warforge.. ;-(

> > Btw. it's spelled "identify"
>
> Oh, really? I bet you have never missplaced any letter in your posts.

Sure I have, and all corrections are welcome to improve my grammar.

Clark Kent

Mar 24, 2003, 10:29:06 AM3/24/03
I WANT MY CDKEY BACK YOU FUCKIN BITCH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! IT DOESNT WORK
ANYMORE!?!??! WHAT THE HELL U DID WITH IT!??!?!?? YOU OWE ME 40 BUX!!!!!!

"Clark Kent" <cla...@hotmail.com> wrote in message

Juliusz 'Julas' Gonera

Mar 24, 2003, 2:26:59 PM3/24/03
Clark Kent wrote:

> Might be, but it's not a dialup, it's just relic of their early 1990's DNS
> names. You really NEEDED to know this, eh? You might also have found out
> already that kolumbus.fi doesn't exist anymore either. Is this THAT
> interesting? ;-)

What does it mean that "it doesn't exist"?
kolumbus.fi [193.229.9.201]
average ping: 79ms

> I'm scared.. now I need to generate a new cdkey for warforge.. ;-(

No, you don't. Blizzard have no influences on warforge servers...
Heh... warforge... your choice...

> Sure I have, and all corrections are welcome to improve my grammar.

Christ, it wasn't advisable... Should I cancel my post and rewrite it
because of that one letter?

Juliusz 'Julas' Gonera

Mar 24, 2003, 2:28:59 PM3/24/03
Clark Kent wrote:

> I WANT MY CDKEY BACK YOU FUCKIN BITCH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! IT DOESNT WORK
> ANYMORE!?!??! WHAT THE HELL U DID WITH IT!??!?!?? YOU OWE ME 40 BUX!!!!!!

Actually I did nothing... maybe some warforge/bnet admin reads that
newsgroup?

Clark Kent

Mar 24, 2003, 3:55:27 PM3/24/03
> What does it mean that "it doesn't exist"?
> kolumbus.fi [193.229.9.201]
> average ping: 79ms

Since you obviously don't know, the firm was "kolumbus internet", a
subsidiary of HPY. They changed their name to "elisa" years ago. Some old
servers still using the old domains, no big deal, but Kolumbus haven't been
in existence for years. And it's just a trunk Usenet feed for me anyway, I
don't actually pay for it, I'm connected to local intranet through another
provider. Their DNS names seem to be totally out-of-date, but as long as it
works technically, who's going to give a shit? I know I'm not.

> Christ, it wasn't advisable... Should I cancel my post and rewrite it
> because of that one letter?

I wouldn't recommend, but you're a free agent.

Clark Kent

Mar 24, 2003, 3:56:11 PM3/24/03
> Actually I did nothing... maybe some warforge/bnet admin reads that
> newsgroup?

Well, it was only 40 bucks.. no big deal.. and warforge still works.. heh..

Juliusz 'Julas' Gonera

Mar 24, 2003, 6:01:48 PM3/24/03
Clark Kent wrote:

> Well, it was only 40 bucks.. no big deal.. and warforge still works..
> heh..

I'm sorry. Maybe they will unban it after some time.

Juliusz 'Julas' Gonera

Mar 24, 2003, 6:03:28 PM3/24/03
Clark Kent wrote:

> Since you obviously don't know, the firm was "kolumbus internet", a
> subsidiary of HPY. They changed their name to "elisa" years ago. Some old
> servers still using the old domains, no big deal, but Kolumbus haven't
> been in existence for years. And it's just a trunk Usenet feed for me
> anyway, I don't actually pay for it, I'm connected to local intranet
> through another provider. Their DNS names seem to be totally out-of-date,
> but as long as it works technically, who's going to give a shit? I know
> I'm not.

But who cares about all of that? I only wanted to say that this domain can
lead to a certain computer, no matter if its name is outdated.

Clark Kent

Mar 25, 2003, 7:50:06 AM3/25/03
> But who cares about all of that? I only wanted to say that this domain can
> lead to a certain computer, no matter if its name is outdated.

Ofcourse it can, ISP's keep records. You need to use proxies which make
surfing anonymous. Juhan Helsingius had one here in .fi, but was forced to
shut it down because some people posted kiddie porn through his proxy. Since
he didn't want to reveal the identities (he kept his word about the
anonymosity to the last), he shutdown the service. There are similiar
servers in existence. Such can be used if True Anonymity is the goal. Since
I'm not really breaking any laws, and 40 bucks is peanuts (and I'm tired of
the game anyway, frozen throne gives it some band-aid), no big loss there. I
sold my copy ($7) and doing FT with virtual cd image.. and it's getting
awfully boring too, uninstall will be the next move. ;)

Juliusz 'Julas' Gonera

Mar 25, 2003, 8:48:21 AM3/25/03
Clark Kent wrote:

> [...]

> I sold my copy ($7) and doing FT with virtual cd image.. and
> it's getting awfully boring too, uninstall will be the next move. ;)

So the question is: What are you doing on this newsgroup?

Clark Kent

Mar 25, 2003, 9:03:08 AM3/25/03
> So the question is: What are you doing on this newsgroup?

Claiming that I am maphacking and getting some people upset... and getting
kicks out of making up stories about ISP's I never had, etc... ;)

E. Deirdre Brooks

Mar 26, 2003, 5:30:29 AM3/26/03
Juliusz 'Julas' Gonera wrote:

> Clark Kent wrote:
>
> > [...]
> > I sold my copy ($7) and doing FT with virtual cd image.. and
> > it's getting awfully boring too, uninstall will be the next move. ;)
>
> So the question is: What are you doing on this newsgroup?

He's putting the bait on the hook and tossing it into the water, it
seems to me.

Ifrag.v2

Mar 28, 2003, 1:07:43 PM3/28/03
> > This is *so* not a drastic change.
>
> Not for me, as I use maphack all the time. I won't notice any difference,
> that's true.

So n00bish...

It's funny that some people don't understand the concept called 'scouting'
so they have to rely on a crutch to do what we advanced players can
seemlessly integrate into our playing.

-Ifrag.v2 (Azeroth)

Clark Kent

Mar 28, 2003, 2:20:38 PM3/28/03
> > Not for me, as I use maphack all the time. I won't notice any
difference,
> > that's true.
>
> So n00bish...

Yeah, to bite.

> It's funny that some people don't understand the concept called 'scouting'
> so they have to rely on a crutch to do what we advanced players can
> seemlessly integrate into our playing.

If I was interested in learning to actually play the game, not just piss
people off with maphack, TK, etc. you might have a point to tell me. ;-)

I use maphack only to see if enemy is moving out, if I need to hurry up my
TK'ing. I really don't have resources to spare for scouting when I am busy
TK'ing my team with guard towers. One more thing. if you see from the first
second the game starts, if enemy is going to rush, hero rush, whatever, to
have ample time to counter with best units/strat, you wouldn't consider it
an advantage? Early in the game smallest amount of edge does the largest
number of damage to the enemy. That's atleast my theory... if I ever play a
so-called regular game, I will report back here with my experiences. That
remains to be seen, however.

Ifrag.v2

Mar 28, 2003, 3:57:39 PM3/28/03
> I use maphack only to see if enemy is moving out, if I need to hurry up my
> TK'ing. I really don't have resources to spare for scouting when I am busy
> TK'ing my team with guard towers. One more thing. if you see from the
first
> second the game starts, if enemy is going to rush, hero rush, whatever, to
> have ample time to counter with best units/strat, you wouldn't consider it
> an advantage? Early in the game smallest amount of edge does the largest
> number of damage to the enemy. That's atleast my theory... if I ever play
> so-called regular game, I will report back here with my experiences. That
> remains to be seen, however.

Yea, these points are true. I just really get pissed off when experienced
players use maphack specifically due to these reasons you listed. I'm
fairly sure due to your comments this isn't a problem that your using it;
however when veterans use it, that's when I get fired up.

-Ifrag.v2 (Azeroth)

Caecina

Mar 28, 2003, 7:22:59 PM3/28/03
Using the maphack at any point in the game, is wrong. The only excuse I would
listen to, is to use it when an individual is playing 'hide the farm'. I've
never used it, and never will use it, because I guess I'm cut from a different
cloth.

toil

Apr 3, 2003, 4:41:00 PM4/3/03
Back to the original topic: nobody seems to have mentioned that using
the minimap and any flying unit makes it VERY easy to find somebody
"hiding a farm", especially if you use the "hide terrain" feature.

And as for the digression this topic has taken about maphack, of course
somebody using that is a menace to everybody else's game, yada yada
yada. But you "holier than thou" idiots are the stupid ones here
considering he (Clark Kent) has already hinted that he doesn't really
use maphack at all, and is simply trolling whilst you feed him.

Maphack is getting harder and harder to acquire, use, and keep using
with the gestapo-like tactics Blizzard uses against hackers
(thankfully). There's considerably fewer hackers going around in
Warcraft than there are in other multiplayer games where the developers
seem less concerned with making people get their money's worth for a
game purchase. They saw their mistake in Starcraft and Diablo 1 and made
sure it never happened again to the best of their ability. So be glad
Blizzard gives a shit. If you lose to a maphacker now and again, no big
deal, just save the replay and use the system to try and bust 'em.

Hug A Treant

Apr 3, 2003, 5:33:40 PM4/3/03

"Clark Kent" <cla...@hotmail.com> wrote in message

you should stop using a map-hack dude. you're missing out on that warm
pleasure you feel at the thought of the guy you just played (and who accused
you of maphacking and are gonna tell blizzard etc...) watching the replaying
to find out that you've done something like get a shade to follow his hero
around. lol!

anyhoo, i came in late and i don't have all the previous posts in this
thread... what have blizzard done to make hide-the-farm more difficult?
i agree with toil. just get some cheap air units, and turn off terrain and
turn on ally colors...