Direkt zur ersten ungelesenen Nachricht

neithskye

ungelesen,
06.06.2008, 13:00:4806.06.08
an
My Blood Elf Priest just chose the Aldor. This is the first-ever
character I've had who's actually made a decision between the two
factions; I have 70s who are still undecided as I think the rewards
are rather ho-hum.

Anyway, when she first got to the city, she did the tour thing with
the servant. She needed to go to the bank, so I went to the Scryers
one as it was closer. Just by clicking on a banker there I became
Friendly with The Scryers. (The Aldor did not appear in my Reputation
tab, even though their representatives were orange (Unfriendly) when I
scrolled over them in Shattrath.)

When she choose The Aldor, I saw that it gave her +3,500 rep with the
Aldor. Since she started out as Unfriendly with them because she's a
Blood Elf, this actually put her at 0/3,000 Neutral.

Since other races start out as Neutral to both (except Draenei, but
they're already Friendly to The Aldor), does that mean that for any
other race except BEs that quest would have resulted in an immediate
Friendly to Aldor reputation? And that just because my Priest is a BE
that means she's going to have to do an extra 3,500 reputation's worth
of quests, turn-ins, etc. just to get to the same reputation level
that every other race gets?

Am I misunderstanding something, because if that's true, it seems
kinda silly.

--
Jill

Catriona R

ungelesen,
06.06.2008, 13:07:2206.06.08
an

On Fri, 6 Jun 2008 10:00:48 -0700 (PDT), neithskye
<jill_bookerGR...@hotmail.com> wrote:

>My Blood Elf Priest just chose the Aldor. This is the first-ever
>character I've had who's actually made a decision between the two
>factions; I have 70s who are still undecided as I think the rewards
>are rather ho-hum.

You *really* should go with one or the other on all your charaacters for
the shoulder enchants - no matter which you pick, you're losing out on
valuable stats by not choosing either.

>Anyway, when she first got to the city, she did the tour thing with
>the servant. She needed to go to the bank, so I went to the Scryers
>one as it was closer. Just by clicking on a banker there I became
>Friendly with The Scryers. (The Aldor did not appear in my Reputation
>tab, even though their representatives were orange (Unfriendly) when I
>scrolled over them in Shattrath.)
>
>When she choose The Aldor, I saw that it gave her +3,500 rep with the
>Aldor. Since she started out as Unfriendly with them because she's a
>Blood Elf, this actually put her at 0/3,000 Neutral.
>
>Since other races start out as Neutral to both (except Draenei, but
>they're already Friendly to The Aldor), does that mean that for any
>other race except BEs that quest would have resulted in an immediate
>Friendly to Aldor reputation? And that just because my Priest is a BE
>that means she's going to have to do an extra 3,500 reputation's worth
>of quests, turn-ins, etc. just to get to the same reputation level
>that every other race gets?

Correct, yep.

>Am I misunderstanding something, because if that's true, it seems
>kinda silly.

Not really tbh, is it likely that a faction of draenei would be
welcoming to a blood elf until they proved themselves an ally? Just the
same as the undead and blood elfs start neutral with all other horde
factions aside from each other. Yes, it's a pain when it comes to
getting the rep but I like it, it makes the lore and so on mean
something, rather than "oh hey, we'll welcome someone of a race that's
persecuted us and treat them just like anyone else when we have no idea
of their intentions..."
--
EU-Draenor:
Balgair (70 Human Rogue)

lcpltom

ungelesen,
06.06.2008, 13:19:4906.06.08
an
On Jun 6, 1:07 pm, Catriona R <catrionarNOS...@totalise.co.uk> wrote:
> On Fri, 6 Jun 2008 10:00:48 -0700 (PDT), neithskye

Agreed, getting those shoulder enchants is a lot easier than some of
the other shoulder enchants out there. And these enchants are much
better anyway.

Some of the rewards might not be all that great, but thats typically
the case with factions. But your aldor/scryer choice does have an
effect if you get any of the neck items from SSO. If you have one of
those neck items, then you need to pick a faction.

Then there are of course the other benefits of picking a faction. An
extra FP in SMV, really nice if you're a scryer shadoweave tailor, as
their FP lands you very close to the alter. And, if you're a tailor,
both factions of the leg enchant patterns, though you could simply buy
those yourself from a player who already has the pattern. The Scryer
FP in SMV also puts you close to Netherwing Ledge, great if you are
grinding Netherwing dailies.

Also, at least on the scryer tier, there is a vendor who sells
tailoring mats. Being exalted with them gets me a convenient place
to shop with my 20% discount. Otherwise I would have to travel. I
don't know about reagent vendors though, but there is most likely one
up there somewhere. Don't know what the aldor have.

neithskye

ungelesen,
06.06.2008, 13:47:1506.06.08
an
On Jun 6, 1:07 pm, Catriona R <catrionarNOS...@totalise.co.uk> wrote:

> You *really* should go with one or the other on all your charaacters for
> the shoulder enchants - no matter which you pick, you're losing out on
> valuable stats by not choosing either.

The only active lvl 70 I have (my Troll Hunter is retired) is my Holy
Paladin, yet another . . . Blood Elf. :P

I think he'd pick The Aldor as well, and I suppose you're right, but
for all the rep grinding I'd have to do, especially given that I'd
have to do more on him, too, because he's a BE, it just doesn't seem
worth it for +33 healing and some Mp5.

I only get a limited time to play and spending months grinding Exalted
for yet another faction . . . blah.

Also, my computer is very slow; I get 2-10 FPS in Shat, and actually
saw 0 FPS a few days ago. Going from the FP to the Scryer bank takes
me five minutes. If I picked a faction, doesn't its enemy beat you up?
I just never felt like getting beaten up when my FPS is 1 and I can't
move to get out of the way. And there are Aldor/Scryer reps in a few
locations, so I'd always have to worry about getting beaten up
somewhere. So my FoL can heal for 1,404 instead of 1,400? :P

> Not really tbh, is it likely that a faction of draenei would be
> welcoming to a blood elf until they proved themselves an ally? Just the
> same as the undead and blood elfs start neutral with all other horde
> factions aside from each other. Yes, it's a pain when it comes to
> getting the rep but I like it, it makes the lore and so on mean
> something, rather than "oh hey, we'll welcome someone of a race that's
> persecuted us and treat them just like anyone else when we have no idea
> of their intentions..."

Did the Blood Elves persecute the Draenei? I'm not that familiar with
the lore. At any rate, what you said makes sense.

I just did some math. Ten Marks of Kil'jaeden are worth 250 rep. So
3,500/250 = 14, meaning I'd have to turn in 140 Marks to make up 3,500
rep. Since my Priest likes to grind random areas every few days to try
to get greens to DE, I'll just pick a spot one day where these marks
drop, so it's not as bad as I thought.

--
Jill

And!

ungelesen,
06.06.2008, 13:54:1006.06.08
an

"neithskye" <jill_bookerGR...@hotmail.com> wrote in message

--
Jill

There are quests you can do to increase your rep too, plus there are lesser
shoulder enchants at honored.

neithskye

ungelesen,
06.06.2008, 13:58:2006.06.08
an
On Jun 6, 1:19 pm, lcpltom <lcpl...@yahoo.com> wrote:

> Then there are of course the other benefits of picking a faction.  An
> extra FP in SMV, really nice if you're a scryer shadoweave tailor, as
> their FP lands you very close to the alter.

I hope this doesn't mean I need to be a Scryer to be a shadoweave
tailor. My Priest is a tailor, and hasn't decided yet what specialty
to go with, nor does she know what she has to do to follow through
with her decision. She's actually only my third character past level
45, so I'm not that familiar with higher-end game things; need to do
research!

> And, if you're a tailor,
> both factions of the leg enchant patterns, though you could simply buy
> those yourself from a player who already has the pattern.

Yeah, that annoys me a little. I really didn't know which to pick so I
reviewed the WoWwiki material, as well as Armorying several lvl 70
Priests from my server.

I originally rolled my Priest to replace my Paladin in PvE/PvP
healing, but have come to really enjoy the Shadow spec. So I like The
Aldor for most things . . . but prefer The Scryer's leg enchants.
Guess I'll make the healing one for my Paladin, and buy the spell
damage one for my Priest.

--
Jill

Brent Stroh

ungelesen,
06.06.2008, 14:06:4806.06.08
an
lcpltom <lcp...@yahoo.com> wrote:

>Also, at least on the scryer tier, there is a vendor who sells
>tailoring mats. Being exalted with them gets me a convenient place
>to shop with my 20% discount. Otherwise I would have to travel. I
>don't know about reagent vendors though, but there is most likely one
>up there somewhere. Don't know what the aldor have.

...and the Scryer repair guy right outside the inn, who also sells poison
mats... Without even looking at rep rewards, this convenience made it a
good pick for my rogue. The flight path is likely to do it for my warlock
tailor, as well...

-Brent

John Gordon

ungelesen,
06.06.2008, 14:09:2006.06.08
an

> I hope this doesn't mean I need to be a Scryer to be a shadoweave
> tailor.

Certainly not. The Aldor flight point in SMV isn't as convenient for
getting to the altar, but it only adds an extra minute or two.

gor...@panix.com B is for Basil, assaulted by bears

lcpltom

ungelesen,
06.06.2008, 14:16:3806.06.08
an
On Jun 6, 1:58 pm, neithskye <jill_bookerGREENEGGSANDS...@hotmail.com>
wrote:

No, you don't NEED to be scryer to be a shadoweave tailor, just that
being scryer makes being a shadoweave tailor more convenient. The
altar you use to make shadowcloth is just over the mountain from
Sanctum of the Stars, the BE FP in SMV. With even a slow flying
mount, its just a quick flight over the top of the mountain. Being
aldor just adds some distance between the FP and the altar.

As far as the blood elves persecuting the draenei, the BE's following
Kael did, going as far as sabotaging the Exodar, which made it
(coincidently) crash land in Azeroth. Needless to say, the Draenei
aren't too happy about that. Also, since the remaining Draenei in
Outland were battling against Illidan (and thus Kael and his blood
elves, and Vajsh and her naga), having the scryers suddenly show up,
claiming to be fighting against Kael and wanting to join the forces of
Shattrath most likely seems a bit suspicious to the Aldor.

Catriona R

ungelesen,
06.06.2008, 15:11:5306.06.08
an

On Fri, 6 Jun 2008 10:47:15 -0700 (PDT), neithskye
<jill_bookerGR...@hotmail.com> wrote:

>On Jun 6, 1:07 pm, Catriona R <catrionarNOS...@totalise.co.uk> wrote:
>
>> You *really* should go with one or the other on all your charaacters for
>> the shoulder enchants - no matter which you pick, you're losing out on
>> valuable stats by not choosing either.
>
>The only active lvl 70 I have (my Troll Hunter is retired) is my Holy
>Paladin, yet another . . . Blood Elf. :P
>
>I think he'd pick The Aldor as well, and I suppose you're right, but
>for all the rep grinding I'd have to do, especially given that I'd
>have to do more on him, too, because he's a BE, it just doesn't seem
>worth it for +33 healing and some Mp5.

It's not that much grinding, there's a bunch of quests in netherstorm
and Shadowmoon valley that help, and I certainly find the handin items
drop plenty just while I do dailies etc Getting exalted is a bit of
work, yes, but I hit revered very easily on all my characters... I
currently have 2 exalted with Aldor and 2 with Scryers, my other 2 70s
are both revered with their respective factions (and are the characters
I've focussed on the least)

>I only get a limited time to play and spending months grinding Exalted
>for yet another faction . . . blah.
>
>Also, my computer is very slow; I get 2-10 FPS in Shat, and actually
>saw 0 FPS a few days ago. Going from the FP to the Scryer bank takes
>me five minutes. If I picked a faction, doesn't its enemy beat you up?
>I just never felt like getting beaten up when my FPS is 1 and I can't
>move to get out of the way. And there are Aldor/Scryer reps in a few
>locations, so I'd always have to worry about getting beaten up
>somewhere. So my FoL can heal for 1,404 instead of 1,400? :P

Nope, they don't beat you up unless you're going into their own areas
(and even then they just port you out of the city, rather than killing
you), which you'd have no reason to do if not allied with them. Ie if
you're aldor you can't go on top of the scryers tier but otherwise it's
fine round the rest of the place, you can even go into the banks (and
use the mailboxes!) to trade with friends of the other faction, just
can't interact with their NPCs. (Oh, that's within Shatt, *don't* go too
near the opposition base in shadowmoon or they will attack, like if
you're horde going too near an alliance base)

>> Not really tbh, is it likely that a faction of draenei would be
>> welcoming to a blood elf until they proved themselves an ally? Just the
>> same as the undead and blood elfs start neutral with all other horde
>> factions aside from each other. Yes, it's a pain when it comes to
>> getting the rep but I like it, it makes the lore and so on mean
>> something, rather than "oh hey, we'll welcome someone of a race that's
>> persecuted us and treat them just like anyone else when we have no idea
>> of their intentions..."
>
>Did the Blood Elves persecute the Draenei? I'm not that familiar with
>the lore. At any rate, what you said makes sense.

They did, yep - the Draenei starting zone quests make that pretty clear,
as some blood elfs even followed them to Azeroth. Basically the two
races have a pretty mutual distrust, so it does make sense for them to
not be too keen on each other.

>I just did some math. Ten Marks of Kil'jaeden are worth 250 rep. So
>3,500/250 = 14, meaning I'd have to turn in 140 Marks to make up 3,500
>rep. Since my Priest likes to grind random areas every few days to try
>to get greens to DE, I'll just pick a spot one day where these marks
>drop, so it's not as bad as I thought.

Yep, Kil'sorrow fortress in Nagrand is a good one, or else the cabal
guys above Auchindoun - the Kil'sorrow ones are higher level so better
drops if you prefer that. You'll likely also get a fel armament or two
which is the equivalent of 14 marks when handing in (plus is currency
for the shoulder enchants) so it's not all that bad.

ScratchMonkey

ungelesen,
06.06.2008, 21:57:0906.06.08
an
Catriona R <catrion...@totalise.co.uk> wrote in news:6at968F39inabU1
@mid.individual.net:

> You *really* should go with one or the other on all your charaacters for
> the shoulder enchants - no matter which you pick, you're losing out on
> valuable stats by not choosing either.

I've heard of these, but need more details. Anyone have a WoWWiki link?
(I've got one neutral toon and one exhalted with Scryers, but haven't
figured out what NPC to consult for this.)

Catriona R

ungelesen,
06.06.2008, 22:20:1806.06.08
an

http://www.wowwiki.com/Augments#Inscriptions

In the bank talk to the NPC beside the quatermaster (not the guy selling
raid flaks, the other one - on the right as you look into the bank from
the entrance)

Miikka

ungelesen,
07.06.2008, 03:55:4807.06.08
an
Brent Stroh <bms...@gmail.com> wrote:
> lcpltom <lcp...@yahoo.com> wrote:
>
>>Also, at least on the scryer tier, there is a vendor who sells
>>tailoring mats. Being exalted with them gets me a convenient place
>>to shop with my 20% discount. Otherwise I would have to travel. I
>>don't know about reagent vendors though, but there is most likely one
>>up there somewhere. Don't know what the aldor have.
>
> ...and the Scryer repair guy right outside the inn, who also sells poison
> mats...

At the 2.4 patch they added a repair guy next to the Aldor inn too, but
I'm not sure what he actually sells. :)

--
"Clothes make the man. Naked people have little or no influence on
society." -Mark Twain

ScratchMonkey

ungelesen,
07.06.2008, 19:19:3707.06.08
an
Catriona R <catrion...@totalise.co.uk> wrote in news:6au9j2F3992uaU2
@mid.individual.net:

> http://www.wowwiki.com/Augments#Inscriptions
>
> In the bank talk to the NPC beside the quatermaster (not the guy selling
> raid flaks, the other one - on the right as you look into the bank from
> the entrance)

Aha, found him! I'd seen that stuff before but didn't realize what the
currency was, so ignored it. Thanks for the pointer.

Now I have to decide which inscription to go for. And I need to go find
gear good enough to be worth putting it on there. (I've got green defense
shoulders on my hedgehog pally, I think from some Blade's Edge quest.)

Shammy

ungelesen,
12.06.2008, 06:34:4712.06.08
an
Just a little advice, go scryers with as much chars as you can! I did the
error of going aldor with my last rogue and it was a pain to get the marks
and fel armaments for exalted. Atm fel armament price on my realm is 40g and
1 arcane tome is like 10g. You can even buy marks for turn in for scryers
very cheap but it all costs 3x more for aldor and the simple reason is that
all the new dailies involve blood elf killing and that makes drop uch more
scriers marks/tomes.

P.S.
The latest scam around is trading arcane tome for fel armament (and fel
armament is worth 3x more)

Mark (newsgroups)

ungelesen,
12.06.2008, 07:26:0512.06.08
an

This must be a recent thing (or patch 2.4 thing). I literally have
hardly done any PvE since 2.4 and my guild breaking up. New job eats
into my free time, so I only really level alts or do BGs with my 70.

Prior to 2.4, on my server at least, I always wished I'd gone Aldor
because the marks dropped so much more for me than the signets. This
was reflected in the prices with arcane tomes and signets worth more
than marks and fel armament.

Shammy

ungelesen,
12.06.2008, 07:36:0812.06.08
an

Mn> This must be a recent thing (or patch 2.4 thing). I literally have
Mn> hardly done any PvE since 2.4 and my guild breaking up. New job eats
Mn> into my free time, so I only really level alts or do BGs with my 70.

Yes it's a post 2.4 thing, I couldnt believe when I saw AH last month or
two... like 3-5 fel armaments 40-45g each and 20-30 or more arcane tomes
going from 7-15g each....
As I said all new dailies include killing a ton of blood elves so scryers
tokens drop a lot more.

Catriona R

ungelesen,
12.06.2008, 09:08:3012.06.08
an

Hmm I may have to do some demon killing then if it's like that on my
server. Strange thing is not all the new dailies involve blood elves,
there's demons in the HFP ones, although admittedly there's a good many
more blood elf ones. As it happens all my active and upcoming characters
seem likely to go scryers anyway but that's more coincidence than
anything else - it gets kinda annoying not having any character to use
my aldor rep drops with!

Polarhound

ungelesen,
12.06.2008, 17:43:3812.06.08
an
Shammy wrote:
> Just a little advice, go scryers with as much chars as you can! I did the
> error of going aldor with my last rogue and it was a pain to get the marks
> and fel armaments for exalted. Atm fel armament price on my realm is 40g and
> 1 arcane tome is like 10g. You can even buy marks for turn in for scryers
> very cheap but it all costs 3x more for aldor and the simple reason is that
> all the new dailies involve blood elf killing and that makes drop uch more
> scriers marks/tomes.

I ground out 53 Marks and 4 Fel Arms in just under an hour from the
warlocks in Shadowmoon. They fall like candy up there. The only reason
I had to stop was because I had to do an AH dumpoff, starting with the
50g in cloth I picked up along the way.

lcpltom

ungelesen,
13.06.2008, 07:33:5213.06.08
an
On Jun 12, 9:08 am, Catriona R <catrionarNOS...@totalise.co.uk> wrote:

On my server, not too many people do the HFP dailies anymore. At
first, yes, in fact too many, and on a PvP server it was just way too
nuts up there. I think thats what drove people away from doing those
quests. Now its died down quite a bit, as the PvP has moved to the
Greengill Coast. There have been a few early morning times where I
was the only one out there.

Coincidently, one of the quests there in HFP gives you a choice of 5
signets or 5 marks as a reward. Choose the extra 5 marks on top of
whatever else you grabbed while up there.

I have also found its important to pay attention to the buyout price
of single marks/signets and stacks of 10. Sometimes, you can sell a
stack of 10 for more than the current buyout price of each individual
signet/mark. Sometimes singles sell for more than stacks. But I
never sell anything other than singles or stacks, since that is what
you can turn in, thats how I sell them.

thadr...@wow.com

ungelesen,
13.06.2008, 09:55:5113.06.08
an

where are the warlocks in Shadowmoon at.

Catriona R

ungelesen,
13.06.2008, 10:08:0413.06.08
an

On Fri, 13 Jun 2008 04:33:52 -0700 (PDT), lcpltom <lcp...@yahoo.com>
wrote:

>On my server, not too many people do the HFP dailies anymore. At
>first, yes, in fact too many, and on a PvP server it was just way too
>nuts up there. I think thats what drove people away from doing those
>quests. Now its died down quite a bit, as the PvP has moved to the
>Greengill Coast. There have been a few early morning times where I
>was the only one out there.

Ahh I forgot the pvp thing yeah, on mine those are among the few dailies
that I still do, because one of them gives a supplies bag (aka chance at
a badge of justice)

>Coincidently, one of the quests there in HFP gives you a choice of 5
>signets or 5 marks as a reward. Choose the extra 5 marks on top of
>whatever else you grabbed while up there.

Good point, I usually just take the scryers signets because my
characters are still working on rep :-) Priest is exalted but warlock
only revered and the shaman is starting from neutral soon... can't keep
up! ;-)

>I have also found its important to pay attention to the buyout price
>of single marks/signets and stacks of 10. Sometimes, you can sell a
>stack of 10 for more than the current buyout price of each individual
>signet/mark. Sometimes singles sell for more than stacks. But I
>never sell anything other than singles or stacks, since that is what
>you can turn in, thats how I sell them.

Hmm I never thought of that, I just sell a lump of whatever I've got
when I reach the ah, cause I don't really have enough spare bag space to
hang onto stuff until I get a full stack of 10!

lcpltom

ungelesen,
13.06.2008, 10:20:5213.06.08
an
On Jun 13, 10:08 am, Catriona R <catrionarNOS...@totalise.co.uk>
wrote:
> On Fri, 13 Jun 2008 04:33:52 -0700 (PDT), lcpltom <lcpl...@yahoo.com>

I always send them to my bank alt for storage. He generally has
plenty of space, though my cloth collection is starting to get a bit
big. I put them in the bank, then when I have 10, I take that 10 out
and put them on the AH after checking if its more profitable to sell
the stack or sell them individually.

Catriona R

ungelesen,
13.06.2008, 11:22:5613.06.08
an

On Fri, 13 Jun 2008 07:20:52 -0700 (PDT), lcpltom <lcp...@yahoo.com>
wrote:

>I always send them to my bank alt for storage. He generally has

>plenty of space, though my cloth collection is starting to get a bit
>big. I put them in the bank, then when I have 10, I take that 10 out
>and put them on the AH after checking if its more profitable to sell
>the stack or sell them individually.

Not a bad idea, I need to sort my bank alt out sometime, his bags etc
are total mess with the only vaguely organised thing being primals
(because I use them the most) - currently anything that gets sent to him
is most likely never seen again ;-)

lcpltom

ungelesen,
13.06.2008, 13:22:1213.06.08
an
On Jun 13, 11:22 am, Catriona R <catrionarNOS...@totalise.co.uk>
wrote:
> On Fri, 13 Jun 2008 07:20:52 -0700 (PDT), lcpltom <lcpl...@yahoo.com>

I don't use any addons with him, but considering he also does my AH
business as well, I try to keep his bank organized. Since my main is
an herbalist and a tailor, I made him the 24-slot herb bag, which
helps a good bit in terms of keeping my herbs in one place.

I only try to sell full stacks of stuff. As such, sometimes stacks
get orphaned and left in the bank to rot. For a while I was doing the
daily cooking quest, so I was getting free meat and fish to cook.
After I stopped doing the daily cooking, the incomplete stacks of
cooked meat have kind of sat in my bank (how can that stuff still be
good after all this time?). I then started working on my fishing
skill, so I had lots of stacks of cooked fish, until I got to 375 and
stopped fishing to do other stuff. More orphaned stacks. I was
getting a lot of motes of mana from Netherwing dailies. Again, once I
got exalted, I kind of stopped doing those quests. So I have an
unfinished primal mana there too.

God knows what else I have in there. As WotLK starts to approach, I
plan on cleaning it out while that stuff is still in demand. Once the
next expansion comes out and everyone starts working on their
tradeskills and gathering new mats, I expect all that stuff to become
much less valuable.

Catriona R

ungelesen,
13.06.2008, 13:44:4213.06.08
an

On Fri, 13 Jun 2008 10:22:12 -0700 (PDT), lcpltom <lcp...@yahoo.com>
wrote:

>God knows what else I have in there. As WotLK starts to approach, I

>plan on cleaning it out while that stuff is still in demand. Once the
>next expansion comes out and everyone starts working on their
>tradeskills and gathering new mats, I expect all that stuff to become
>much less valuable.

True, although consider that a year down the line it'll become valuable
again... just check current ah prices of: rugged leather, greater
eternal essence, illusion dust, thorium etc etc. On my server at least
they're all worth 3-4 times what they were worth before TBC. Yes, they
dropped a lot when TBC hit, some items never recovered (stuff used in
endgame things like nexus crystals, anything in the old resist gear
etc), but anything required for basic levelling of professions is very
much in demand now.

If Blizz do the same with WotLK as they did with TBC and not reduce mats
requirements for levelling skills 350-375, while also not making those
materials gatherable in Northrend (currently the only profession with
not many price issues on old world stuff is alchemy and oh look, the
high lvl herbs are in HFP), then when alts start levelling again or
people start rerolling professions, prices will go up.

lcpltom

ungelesen,
13.06.2008, 14:48:0713.06.08
an
On Jun 13, 1:44 pm, Catriona R <catrionarNOS...@totalise.co.uk> wrote:
> On Fri, 13 Jun 2008 10:22:12 -0700 (PDT), lcpltom <lcpl...@yahoo.com>

Yes, but during that time, I will be collecting Northrend stuff, and
would require space to store stuff while I awaited appropriate stacks
in order to sell my stuff. That means I need to clear out the old
stuff that I will most likely never complete stacks for.

Rob Wynne

ungelesen,
16.06.2008, 10:27:2916.06.08
an
Catriona R <catrion...@totalise.co.uk> wrote:
>>Coincidently, one of the quests there in HFP gives you a choice of 5
>>signets or 5 marks as a reward. Choose the extra 5 marks on top of
>>whatever else you grabbed while up there.
>
> Good point, I usually just take the scryers signets because my
> characters are still working on rep :-) Priest is exalted but warlock
> only revered and the shaman is starting from neutral soon... can't keep
> up! ;-)

I used to dump all my spare signets and marks into the guild bank's junk
tab for guildies who were repping up. But with alts coming up (they're 31
and 40 now) I've started keeping them in my own bank for the day that one
of them needs to declare a faction.

--
Rob Wynne / The Autographed Cat / d...@america.net
http://www.autographedcat.com/ / http://autographedcat.livejournal.com/