Honeyback hive?

Peter T.

Sep 29, 2020, 7:03:55 PM9/29/20
I just stumbled upon this faction which is ally-only. I've never heard
about it before now. Well... There is a bee mount! Time to dig out my
ally druid again. =)

--
Peter T.

Lewis

Sep 30, 2020, 4:15:50 AM9/30/20
Warnings, since I just di this.

1) the Rep grind of finding honey is horrible.

2) You have to get to exalted AND you have to raise your bee's companion
rep as well. These are completely separate counters and have little
relationship to each other.

3( When you do the initial quest to unlock the rep the last step it so
find the bee that is literally frozen inside a honeycomb and feed it the
one bit of honey you were given. You will have unlocked the rep at this
point and seems like you can start grinding, you cannot until you
actually feed the bee.

4) you will possible get a honey magnet or somesuch drop, DO NOT USE IT
until you hit revered. The instant you hit revered, buy the bee goggles
(cost the equivalent of 80 honey). turn off all the tracking on your
minimap, and fly around the main part of SSV picking up honey. Use the
magnet. You can ignore the isalnd on the east side of STV where the mist
is.

5) you need thousands of honey (you need 42,000 rep and each regular
honey is worth 20 rep and 5 "companion" rep when fed to the bee).

6) you can make turn in less annoying by converting regular honey to
royal at 8:1 for 160 rep instead of 20. Since you have to click for
every single bit, this is worth taking the time.

7) You can buy the honey in the AH. I've seen it for 100-150g each (yes,
150g for 20 rep).

8) This means after you have your bee mount, you can farm honey for
profit.

9) the harvester events are not worth doing anymore, unless a group
shows up. The events scale with the size of a groups and with one or two
people, I mostly got 0 rep and only a few bits of bee food.

10) replace honey with 'jelly" in this post, as I;'m too lazy to do it.

--
“Yes yes, you’re a little mangey”

Lewis

Sep 30, 2020, 4:17:01 AM9/30/20
In message <rl0egm$eo5$1...@gioia.aioe.org> Peter T. <pin...@hotmail.moc> wrote:
I forgot to mention, you first have to have one of two possible bee pets
to even start. The Bee mount is not time gated, the bee pet was time
gated.

--
Women like silent men, they think they're listening.

Catriona R

Sep 30, 2020, 8:01:31 AM9/30/20
On Wed, 30 Sep 2020 01:03:54 +0200, "Peter T." <pin...@hotmail.moc>
wrote:

>I just stumbled upon this faction which is ally-only. I've never heard
>about it before now. Well... There is a bee mount! Time to dig out my
>ally druid again. =)

Yep, was added in one of the patches, I haven't got around to it yet
but at some point I will do, awesome mount! Just a shame it can't be
used by Horde characters after you earn it on Alliance, seems a bit
harsh :-(

Peter T.

Sep 30, 2020, 12:46:17 PM9/30/20
Den 30-09-2020 kl. 10:15 skrev Lewis:

> Warnings, since I just di this.
>
> 1) the Rep grind of finding honey is horrible.
[cut]

Perfect! Thank you for your advices! :)

--
Peter T.

Peter T.

Sep 30, 2020, 12:47:12 PM9/30/20
Den 30-09-2020 kl. 14:01 skrev Catriona R:
> awesome mount! Just a shame it can't be
> used by Horde characters after you earn it on Alliance, seems a bit
> harsh :-(

Yeah. But it's a must-have mount no matter what. :)

--
Peter T.

Lewis

Oct 1, 2020, 1:09:51 AM10/1/20
Hey now, you picked the bad guys, you have to live with the consequences!

:)

--
Artificial intelligence is no match for natural stupidity

Catriona R

Oct 1, 2020, 9:53:15 AM10/1/20
Pfff lol, they weren't so bad when I chose them :-P Can see Alliance
needed something cool after nothing but horses and gryphons, but I'm
still jealous of that bee!

Also jealous of the hippo pvp mount, but since I don't do rated pvp
I'd never get it anyway, so that one's more ignorable; the bee is
something I could actually get (and will eventually, I just don't play
my Alliance alts enough for progress to come quickly; if Horde could
earn it I'd have it via my main already)