Is SHADOWLANDS going to be free in two years?

Mike S.

Dec 8, 2020, 7:06:15 AM12/8/20
So I just found out there is no standard edition physical box for the
game anymore. Only the collector's edition has a physical box. Since
the only reason I buy the expansion when it is released is for
collection purposes, I am wondering if I can just stop buying the
expansions all together.

The game has plenty of content for me as is. I do not care about the
latest and greatest content. So my question is the same as in my
subject header. Will I get Shadowlands added for free to my account in
two years time when the next expansion hits?

Lewis

Dec 8, 2020, 5:07:06 PM12/8/20
In message <nkqusfdfq54f6vo7v...@4ax.com> Mike S <Mik...@nowhere.com> wrote:
> So I just found out there is no standard edition physical box for the
> game anymore. Only the collector's edition has a physical box. Since
> the only reason I buy the expansion when it is released is for
> collection purposes, I am wondering if I can just stop buying the
> expansions all together.

I don't understand. You want to buy the box?

> The game has plenty of content for me as is. I do not care about the
> latest and greatest content. So my question is the same as in my
> subject header. Will I get Shadowlands added for free to my account in
> two years time when the next expansion hits?

It is hard to be sure, but that seems to be the plan.

Of course, there's no guarantee WoW 10 will be out in two years.

--
"Are you pondering what I'm pondering?"
"Uh... yeah, Brain, but where are we going to find rubber pants our

Mike S.

Dec 9, 2020, 9:17:52 AM12/9/20
On Tue, 8 Dec 2020 22:07:04 -0000 (UTC), Lewis
<g.k...@kreme.dont-email.me> wrote:

>I don't understand. You want to buy the box?

Well, I would not buy the box if it did not come with, you know, an
expansion to go with it, but yes, I want to buy the box.

>It is hard to be sure, but that seems to be the plan.

I hope it is.

>Of course, there's no guarantee WoW 10 will be out in two years.

Ok fair enough. Whenever the next expansion hits then.