WoW won't minimize

ScratchMonkey

Aug 20, 2013, 2:56:56 PM8/20/13
I'm using to running WoW in a window and minimizing to multitask and do
other things. But today it won't minimize from the button on the upper
right of the Window. It does lose focus and I can give focus to other apps
by clicking them on the Windows task bar. I can force the WoW window to
minimize with Windows-D (hold Windows key and hit D) to minimize all
windows and reveal the desktop.

Is anyone else seeing this? Did Blizzard break this?

ScratchMonkey

Aug 20, 2013, 3:19:42 PM8/20/13
Ok, it's worse than not minimizing. It won't allow other apps to appear in
front of it. (But they receive focus while behind the WoW window.)

I'm constantly alt-tabbing in and out of WoW and this is gonna be a real
pain in the ass.

Catriona R

Aug 20, 2013, 3:22:13 PM8/20/13
It occasionally does that to me, restarting the game fixes it, else
rebooting the PC. If that's not helping for you, try checking you're
in fullscreen windowed mode; it's the most reliable for alt-tabbing I
find.

ScratchMonkey

Aug 20, 2013, 3:27:12 PM8/20/13
Catriona R <catrion...@totalise.co.uk> wrote in news:b7htv7F1nimU1
@mid.individual.net:

> It occasionally does that to me, restarting the game fixes it, else
> rebooting the PC. If that's not helping for you, try checking you're
> in fullscreen windowed mode; it's the most reliable for alt-tabbing I
> find.

Thankfully it seems to have fixed itself by restarting the game.

(I'm one of those people who leaves stuff running for ages and hate
restarting anything.)

IYM

Aug 20, 2013, 4:07:10 PM8/20/13
Nothing like a fresh restart to make things better...lol

The other alternative is what I have...If you have an old 15, 17, or 19
inch monitor laying around (or pick up a cheap $75 flat screen) and add
the second monitor. You set WoW to play in the nice / big one and use
the other for everythign else. I can't imagine using only one monitor
now. It's nice looking up info, setting vent for raids, browsing the
web waiting for a queue, etc. I use a 24" Asus Gaming monitor for
playing, and my older 21" Dell rotated vertical next to it...

Just personal opinion of course.... :)

Catriona R

Aug 20, 2013, 4:20:48 PM8/20/13
I'm the same, but it's the only cure when WoW decides it won't alt-tab
any more, it does it most often when I'm trying to dualbox, which is
particularly irritating; since I have to restart both copies to be
able to reliably access whichever character I wasn't on at the time it
threw its hissy fit. Glad it fixed it for you, anyway!