Flight path from Bloodmyst Isle to continent?

Peter Knutsen

Oct 6, 2009, 3:42:55 PM10/6/09
Is it possible to get a flight path from the Draenai zones to the
Kalimdor continent?

I've tried "picking up" the Auberdine and Teldrassil Flight Masters, but
I still can't fly from Azuremyst Isle to the continent.

--
Peter Knutsen
sagatafl.org

Yeechang Lee

Oct 6, 2009, 3:47:04 PM10/6/09
Peter Knutsen wrote:
> Is it possible to get a flight path from the Draenai zones to the
> Kalimdor continent?

As recent discussed here, no; the Dreanei zones' flight paths are
internal-only. I'll bet this changes with _Cataclysm_, though.

--
<URL:http://www.pobox.com/~ylee/> PERTH ----> *

Rob Wynne

Oct 6, 2009, 5:03:12 PM10/6/09
Yeechang Lee <yl...@pobox.com> wrote:
> Peter Knutsen wrote:
>> Is it possible to get a flight path from the Draenai zones to the
>> Kalimdor continent?
>
> As recent discussed here, no; the Dreanei zones' flight paths are
> internal-only. I'll bet this changes with _Cataclysm_, though.

I hope so. It's absurd that Azuremyst has no connecting flights to
Auberidine. Honestly.

--
Rob Wynne / The Autographed Cat / d...@america.net
http://www.autographedcat.com/ / http://autographedcat.livejournal.com/

cryptoguy

Oct 6, 2009, 5:58:43 PM10/6/09
On Oct 6, 5:03 pm, Rob Wynne <d...@america.net> wrote:

> Yeechang Lee <y...@pobox.com> wrote:
> > Peter Knutsen wrote:
> >> Is it possible to get a flight path from the Draenai zones to the
> >> Kalimdor continent?
>
> > As recent discussed here, no; the Dreanei zones' flight paths are
> > internal-only. I'll bet this changes with _Cataclysm_, though.

Unless it's changed, there is exactly *one* flight path in the zone,
from Bloodmyst to the Exodar.

> I hope so.  It's absurd that Azuremyst  has no connecting flights to
> Auberidine.  Honestly.

It would be nice. I'd prefer to see portals from capital cities into
Dalaran.

pt

cryptoguy

Oct 7, 2009, 10:24:19 AM10/7/09

On further thought...

There is only one example in the game (afaik) of a flight path that
goes between instances; that's from Ghostlands to EPL, and you fly
through a portal in a tunnel, and get the loading screen.

Some kind of similar arrangement would probably be required for
Azuremyst to (somewhere else): what should it be?

pt

Rob Wynne

Oct 7, 2009, 11:46:26 AM10/7/09
cryptoguy <treif...@gmail.com> wrote:
> On Oct 6, 5:58ï¿œpm, cryptoguy <treifam...@gmail.com> wrote:

>> Unless it's changed, there is exactly *one* flight path in the zone,
>> from Bloodmyst to the Exodar.
>>
>> > I hope so. ï¿œIt's absurd that Azuremyst ï¿œhas no connecting flights to
>> > Auberidine. ï¿œHonestly.

>> It would be nice. I'd prefer to see portals from capital cities into
>> Dalaran.
>
> On further thought...
>
> There is only one example in the game (afaik) of a flight path that
> goes between instances; that's from Ghostlands to EPL, and you fly
> through a portal in a tunnel, and get the loading screen.
>
> Some kind of similar arrangement would probably be required for
> Azuremyst to (somewhere else): what should it be?

I think the reason for it is that the TBC starter zones are on a different
part of the server cluster to the rest of Azeroth. (Similarly, Northrend
is on a different part of the server cluster. It's not uncommon during
unstable periods right after crashes for the Northrend servers to be down
and people in Ironforge to be fine.

There isn't really anything elaborate that needs to happen. It's just like
going on the boat. You head out to sea, there's a cut screen, and you
emerge flying towards the land on the other end.

Pete B

Oct 8, 2009, 10:29:18 PM10/8/09
In article <4acb9dbc$0$281$1472...@news.sunsite.dk>,
pe...@sagatafl.invalid says...

> Is it possible to get a flight path from the Draenai zones to the
> Kalimdor continent?
>
> I've tried "picking up" the Auberdine and Teldrassil Flight Masters, but
> I still can't fly from Azuremyst Isle to the continent.

Its not in the game, they could never be bothered to implement it.
But presumably it will be possible after Cataclysm - assuming the
islands don't sink beneath the waves

ScratchMonkey

Oct 9, 2009, 3:50:41 AM10/9/09
Pete B <xxxh@_xsomeething.com> wrote in news:MPG.2538be662b33144698d704
@news.usenetserver.com:

> Its not in the game, they could never be bothered to implement it.
> But presumably it will be possible after Cataclysm - assuming the
> islands don't sink beneath the waves

The flight path from Ghostlands to the rest of Eastern Kingdoms wasn't in
the game when BC first came out. I think it got added when the ZA instance
was added, to make it easier for Alliance to get to it. And it goes through
a high level zone, so you can't use it until you've acquired the Light's
Hope Chapel flight point.

Perhaps a new instance will get added to the Draenei islands and a flight
path will be added to the mainland to help Horde get there. For Alliance,
it might connect to Auberdine, but the closest Horde point would be
Bloodvenom Post in Felwood. Or perhaps there would be a common connection
to the druid flight point in Moonglade.