Shadowlands postponed

Catriona R

Oct 1, 2020, 10:50:08 PM10/1/20
https://worldofwarcraft.com/en-us/news/23536678/an-update-on-shadowlands

In case anyone hadn't heard - glad to see Blizz are willing to make
such a decision tbh, in the past they used to say quality comes first
but I think a lot of people weren't sure if that's still the case, so
I'm glad to see it is. I've not followed beta enough to know what the
problems are but I gather from comments that some/many people feel
it's not ready yet, so sounds like it was needed.

If waiting longer avoids another WoD, I'm fine with that, especially
as I'm busy in RL and not that ready for it anyway, I'm now finding
all kinds of old content I want to catch up on!

Lewis

Oct 2, 2020, 1:23:53 AM10/2/20
In message <d45dnf1tt82rav13m...@4ax.com> Catriona R <catriona...@totalise.co.uk> wrote:
> https://worldofwarcraft.com/en-us/news/23536678/an-update-on-shadowlands

> In case anyone hadn't heard - glad to see Blizz are willing to make
> such a decision tbh,

AS I understand it, the GM candidate ont eh test servers was a "fucking
disaster:.

> If waiting longer avoids another WoD

WOD's issues had nothing to do with bugs, it was just poorly designed
and poorly rolled out and badly gated. These were not programming
issues, they were design failures.

> I'm fine with that, especially as I'm busy in RL and not that ready
> for it anyway, I'm now finding all kinds of old content I want to
> catch up on!

I will think about catching up to WoW 9 in about a year or so, when all
the bullshit gated grinding and lack of flying have been eliminated.

I decided in B'roth I was not playing WoW ever again when flying was not
available.

--
"Are you pondering what I'm pondering?"
"I think so, Brain, you'd think [Lyndon Johnson] would have left room

Peter T.

Oct 2, 2020, 2:10:52 AM10/2/20
Excellent. And the rep bonus is up again for those who needs it. ;)

This gives me more time to complete a few things before pre-patch. With
a little luck I should hit the 400 mounts ach before SL.

388/400 atm. :)

--
Peter T.

Catriona R

Oct 2, 2020, 10:17:13 AM10/2/20
On Fri, 2 Oct 2020 05:23:49 -0000 (UTC), Lewis
<g.k...@kreme.dont-email.me> wrote:

>In message <d45dnf1tt82rav13m...@4ax.com> Catriona R <catriona...@totalise.co.uk> wrote:
>> https://worldofwarcraft.com/en-us/news/23536678/an-update-on-shadowlands
>
>> In case anyone hadn't heard - glad to see Blizz are willing to make
>> such a decision tbh,
>
>AS I understand it, the GM candidate ont eh test servers was a "fucking
>disaster:.
>
>> If waiting longer avoids another WoD
>
>WOD's issues had nothing to do with bugs, it was just poorly designed
>and poorly rolled out and badly gated. These were not programming
>issues, they were design failures.

Most comments I'm reading was Shadowlands is design issues, maybe
there's bugs too but the complaints I've read seem to be design.

And you were lucky to be on a quieter server for WoD launch, not being
able to access your own garrison and progress *anything* because
there's a thousand other people standing in it and it won't phase you
is a bug in most people's eyes and got fixed by programming solutions
(adding sharding) :-P Unplayable for the first week (if you even got
in, given the queues were 6 hours long outside the middle of the
night), and to then be met by the total lack of content afterwards...
ugh. The no max lvl content is what I remember most but the launch was
a really really bad start.

>> I'm fine with that, especially as I'm busy in RL and not that ready
>> for it anyway, I'm now finding all kinds of old content I want to
>> catch up on!
>
>I will think about catching up to WoW 9 in about a year or so, when all
>the bullshit gated grinding and lack of flying have been eliminated.
>
>I decided in B'roth I was not playing WoW ever again when flying was not
>available.

I prefer being grounded for intial exploring, but they do leave it
that way for too long IMO; should be the .1 patch, not the .2.

Catriona R

Oct 2, 2020, 10:26:57 AM10/2/20
On Fri, 2 Oct 2020 08:10:48 +0200, "Peter T." <pin...@hotmail.moc>
wrote:

>Excellent. And the rep bonus is up again for those who needs it. ;)
>
>This gives me more time to complete a few things before pre-patch. With
>a little luck I should hit the 400 mounts ach before SL.
>
>388/400 atm. :)

Wow, nice! Not sure what I'm on, 360-something I think, 400 won't be
coming my way till Shadowlands sometime. Got other things to work on
now we have the rep buff though, paragon rewards from Alliance
factions and NZoth asaults (I collect toys and pets too), Nightfallen
caches (still).

Plus I figured it'd be a good thing to lvl the Alliance alt who's
doing WoD stuff and see some of the Draenei questlines before lvls get
messed up (who knows if I have to start over again or what when the
prepatch comes). Turns out some of the faction rewards convert from
Horde, but some don't. And yep, the ones that do are on the easy
faction; the ones that don't include the faction you grind out on mobs
at 5 rep per kill. Naturally.

Also trying to gear her a bit to see if I can finally finish Hand of
A'dal, not sure how high lvl I need to be to comfortably do Tempest
Keep/Serpentshrine these days after all the squishes, I might be fine
now, but might not. I've had that quest in my log since Burning
Crusade and *hope* it's still working to give me the title - I did get
Champion of the Naaru a couple of expansions back from having the
original quest in my log forever, so fingers crossed!

Lewis

Oct 2, 2020, 11:16:39 AM10/2/20
In message <46denf1ddvpte79b1...@4ax.com> Catriona R <catriona...@totalise.co.uk> wrote:
> On Fri, 2 Oct 2020 05:23:49 -0000 (UTC), Lewis
> <g.k...@kreme.dont-email.me> wrote:

>>In message <d45dnf1tt82rav13m...@4ax.com> Catriona R <catriona...@totalise.co.uk> wrote:
>>> https://worldofwarcraft.com/en-us/news/23536678/an-update-on-shadowlands
>>
>>> In case anyone hadn't heard - glad to see Blizz are willing to make
>>> such a decision tbh,
>>
>>AS I understand it, the GM candidate ont eh test servers was a "fucking
>>disaster:.
>>
>>> If waiting longer avoids another WoD
>>
>>WOD's issues had nothing to do with bugs, it was just poorly designed
>>and poorly rolled out and badly gated. These were not programming
>>issues, they were design failures.

> Most comments I'm reading was Shadowlands is design issues, maybe
> there's bugs too but the complaints I've read seem to be design.

> And you were lucky to be on a quieter server for WoD launch, not being
> able to access your own garrison and progress *anything* because
> there's a thousand other people standing in it and it won't phase you
> is a bug in most people's eyes and got fixed by programming solutions
> (adding sharding) :-P Unplayable for the first week (if you even got
> in, given the queues were 6 hours long outside the middle of the
> night), and to then be met by the total lack of content afterwards...
> ugh. The no max lvl content is what I remember most but the launch was
> a really really bad start.

The launches are generally pretty rough. B'roth is the first one I
remember that did not have huge issues. But yes, the first week or so of
WOD was terrible. Then you got into it and it was no great, then you
finished it and it was terrible again. Six months later there was
something added. Yay. Then it was terrible again.

>>I decided in B'roth I was not playing WoW ever again when flying was not
>>available.

> I prefer being grounded for intial exploring, but they do leave it
> that way for too long IMO; should be the .1 patch, not the .2.

You are forced to progress one character through (everything* to unlock
flying, including maximum reps with several factions and exploring every
single map tile. In addition in B'roth you had to complete every single
story line in every zone.

There's still a shitton of walking.

--
Q: Does anyone know how many LOCs were in the Space Shuttle' codebase?
A: 45. It was written in perl (paraphrased Slashdot discussion)

Tim Merrigan

Oct 2, 2020, 2:34:19 PM10/2/20
On Fri, 2 Oct 2020 15:16:33 -0000 (UTC), Lewis
I seem to have missed something. What is B'roth?

and to the republic which it established, one nation, from many peoples,
promising liberty and justice for all.
Feel free to use the above variant pledge in your own postings.

Tim Merrigan

https://www.avg.com

Catriona R

Oct 2, 2020, 3:13:57 PM10/2/20
On Fri, 02 Oct 2020 15:26:54 +0100, Catriona R
<catriona...@totalise.co.uk> wrote:

>Also trying to gear her a bit to see if I can finally finish Hand of
>A'dal, not sure how high lvl I need to be to comfortably do Tempest
>Keep/Serpentshrine these days after all the squishes, I might be fine
>now, but might not. I've had that quest in my log since Burning
>Crusade and *hope* it's still working to give me the title - I did get
>Champion of the Naaru a couple of expansions back from having the
>original quest in my log forever, so fingers crossed!

Well, that was worthwhile, even if not finished yet - only went for
quest items but Ashes of Al'ar dropped! Very nice surprise indeed :-)

Just a shame I didn't go far enough into Serpentshrine Cavern to
stumble across the other questline that's needed, by the time I found
and started it I was saved to Tempest Keep with all bosses down and oh
look, quest wants me to kill Al'ar. Ok, guess I'll finish on
Wednesday, have to wait till then to see if the title is still
possible, but it's fun seeing the questline again anyway. (I did it on
my main some time back, but hadn't picked it up before the titles were
removed - this alt was my main in TBC and *did* pick up the quests in
time, just never levelled high enough to actually do them until now)

Lewis

Oct 2, 2020, 6:45:49 PM10/2/20
In message <lisenfdsrbv4mg5ql...@4ax.com> Tim Merrigan <tp...@ca.rr.com> wrote:
> I seem to have missed something. What is B'roth?

B [attle for Aze] roth

--
Mind if I kiss the monkey? <smooch> Ptttfft! Hairball!

Peter T.

Oct 3, 2020, 1:52:52 AM10/3/20
Den 02-10-2020 kl. 21:13 skrev Catriona R:
> On Fri, 02 Oct 2020 15:26:54 +0100, Catriona R
> <catriona...@totalise.co.uk> wrote:
>
>> Also trying to gear her a bit to see if I can finally finish Hand of
>> A'dal, not sure how high lvl I need to be to comfortably do Tempest
>> Keep/Serpentshrine these days after all the squishes, I might be fine
>> now, but might not. I've had that quest in my log since Burning
>> Crusade and *hope* it's still working to give me the title - I did get
>> Champion of the Naaru a couple of expansions back from having the
>> original quest in my log forever, so fingers crossed!
>
> Well, that was worthwhile, even if not finished yet - only went for
> quest items but Ashes of Al'ar dropped! Very nice surprise indeed :-)

Grats! It's one of my favorite mount! :)

> Just a shame I didn't go far enough into Serpentshrine Cavern to
> stumble across the other questline that's needed, by the time I found
> and started it I was saved to Tempest Keep with all bosses down and oh
> look, quest wants me to kill Al'ar. Ok, guess I'll finish on
> Wednesday, have to wait till then to see if the title is still
> possible, but it's fun seeing the questline again anyway. (I did it on
> my main some time back, but hadn't picked it up before the titles were
> removed - this alt was my main in TBC and *did* pick up the quests in
> time, just never levelled high enough to actually do them until now)

Is it the quest line that gives you the Hand of A'lar title? The
unobtainable title?

--
Peter T.

Peter T.

Oct 3, 2020, 1:57:17 AM10/3/20
Den 03-10-2020 kl. 00:45 skrev Lewis:
> In message <lisenfdsrbv4mg5ql...@4ax.com> Tim Merrigan <tp...@ca.rr.com> wrote:
>> I seem to have missed something. What is B'roth?
>
> B [attle for Aze] roth

20 years ago "B'roth" would have been obvious to me. Now I'm just too
old. I have the same issues when I'm on reddit, twitter, blizzard's
fora etc. Lots of new weird abbreviations all the time and I think "Wut
the heck are they talkin' about?" :)

Johnny "Arse" Rotten? ;)

--
Peter T.

Lewis

Oct 3, 2020, 3:28:14 AM10/3/20
A friend who runs 14 120 levl alts is constantly using abbreviations
that I have no idea what they are. I finally figured out that CTA is
something called "Call to Arms" but I have no idea what "AOO" is. He's
even told me as I remember saying, "Oh yeah, I'm never going to remember
that" and I don't. I do, oddly, remember saying I wouldn’t remember, but
not what it was I wouldn't remember.

I remember when he went on and on about "Paragons" and I said I had
no idea what that was and he said it was the rep bonus you could get
after reaching exalted, and you’d get a Paragon chest. I pointed out
that this phrase existed NO WHERE in the game, so there was no chance I
could have ever known it (I do not deal with the blizzard forums).

There's a lot of terms in WoW that "everyone:" knows that, in fact,
nearly no one knows because they are not in game.

--
TYPOS AR EHT FAULT OF GIN
That's my story, and I'm sticking to it.

Peter T.

Oct 3, 2020, 4:08:59 AM10/3/20
Den 03-10-2020 kl. 09:28 skrev Lewis:

> A friend who runs 14 120 levl alts is constantly using abbreviations
> that I have no idea what they are. I finally figured out that CTA is
> something called "Call to Arms" but I have no idea what "AOO" is. He's
> even told me as I remember saying, "Oh yeah, I'm never going to remember
> that" and I don't. I do, oddly, remember saying I wouldn’t remember, but
> not what it was I wouldn't remember.

A few months ago I realized what IDK means: I don't know. But I've also
seen IDD and lots of other abbreviations which I can't recall while I
type this.
When I use the danish part of reddit someone wrote in caps [IDLJ] + rest
of the topic. I had to ask what that was. "I dag lærte jeg" translated
to english it means "Today I learned". Ooooooh! That was obvious! Not! :)

> I remember when he went on and on about "Paragons" and I said I had
> no idea what that was and he said it was the rep bonus you could get
> after reaching exalted, and you’d get a Paragon chest. I pointed out
> that this phrase existed NO WHERE in the game, so there was no chance I
> could have ever known it (I do not deal with the blizzard forums).
>
> There's a lot of terms in WoW that "everyone:" knows that, in fact,
> nearly no one knows because they are not in game.

True!

Sometimes I really feel like a so-called Boomer. I'm 48. But I got
online in 1996, so... I mean... wtf? :)

--
Peter T.

Mike S.

Oct 3, 2020, 7:42:17 AM10/3/20
On Sat, 3 Oct 2020 07:57:16 +0200, "Peter T." <pin...@hotmail.moc>
wrote:

>20 years ago "B'roth" would have been obvious to me. Now I'm just too
>old. I have the same issues when I'm on reddit, twitter, blizzard's
>fora etc. Lots of new weird abbreviations all the time and I think "Wut
>the heck are they talkin' about?" :)

I did not know what B'roth was either. It has always been BFA to me.
One youtuber actually pronounces BFA as ''Biffa'. Took me awhile to
figure out that was just BFA pronounced out.

Catriona R

Oct 3, 2020, 2:50:25 PM10/3/20
On Sat, 3 Oct 2020 07:52:51 +0200, "Peter T." <pin...@hotmail.moc>
wrote:

>Den 02-10-2020 kl. 21:13 skrev Catriona R:
>> Well, that was worthwhile, even if not finished yet - only went for
>> quest items but Ashes of Al'ar dropped! Very nice surprise indeed :-)
>
>Grats! It's one of my favorite mount! :)

It's awesome, yeah, shame it seems pretty low res nowadays but it
still looks great and brings back a time when it *really* stood out
bigtime. Had to laugh when it dropped, the thought had crossed my mind
that it'd be cool but I was focussed on the quest, never expected it
and then Rarity popped up when I looted!

>> Just a shame I didn't go far enough into Serpentshrine Cavern to
>> stumble across the other questline that's needed, by the time I found
>> and started it I was saved to Tempest Keep with all bosses down and oh
>> look, quest wants me to kill Al'ar. Ok, guess I'll finish on
>> Wednesday, have to wait till then to see if the title is still
>> possible, but it's fun seeing the questline again anyway. (I did it on
>> my main some time back, but hadn't picked it up before the titles were
>> removed - this alt was my main in TBC and *did* pick up the quests in
>> time, just never levelled high enough to actually do them until now)
>
>Is it the quest line that gives you the Hand of A'lar title? The
>unobtainable title?

Yep! I'm unsure whether or not it'll work after so long, but I did
have the original quests (they were replaced by identical quests with
new IDs in 3.0, but this character raided just enough to have picked
them up when they were current), and people were reporting it working
as recently as last year, so fingers crossed.

I *did* get Champion of the Naaru (also unobtainable) a few years back
from the same character in the same way, so I'm hoping it'll work,
guess I'll find out on Wednesday.

Catriona R

Oct 3, 2020, 2:56:27 PM10/3/20
On Sat, 3 Oct 2020 10:08:58 +0200, "Peter T." <pin...@hotmail.moc>
wrote:

>Den 03-10-2020 kl. 09:28 skrev Lewis:
>
>> A friend who runs 14 120 levl alts is constantly using abbreviations
>> that I have no idea what they are. I finally figured out that CTA is
>> something called "Call to Arms" but I have no idea what "AOO" is. He's
>> even told me as I remember saying, "Oh yeah, I'm never going to remember
>> that" and I don't. I do, oddly, remember saying I wouldn’t remember, but
>> not what it was I wouldn't remember.
>
>A few months ago I realized what IDK means: I don't know. But I've also
>seen IDD and lots of other abbreviations which I can't recall while I
>type this.

IDD = "indeed", or at least it did 18 years ago when I was first on
the internet, no idea if that's what it still means, I can't keep up
with current terms these days. Don't get me started on all the twitch
rubbish, "pog", "monkas" etc... what the heck?

>When I use the danish part of reddit someone wrote in caps [IDLJ] + rest
>of the topic. I had to ask what that was. "I dag lærte jeg" translated
>to english it means "Today I learned". Ooooooh! That was obvious! Not! :)

Hehe, danish equivalent of TIL then; I know that one from Reddit, and
I figured out a few others... mainly because they most often pop up in
subreddits which are called the full phrase, that sure helps.

>> I remember when he went on and on about "Paragons" and I said I had
>> no idea what that was and he said it was the rep bonus you could get
>> after reaching exalted, and you’d get a Paragon chest. I pointed out
>> that this phrase existed NO WHERE in the game, so there was no chance I
>> could have ever known it (I do not deal with the blizzard forums).
>>
>> There's a lot of terms in WoW that "everyone:" knows that, in fact,
>> nearly no one knows because they are not in game.
>
>True!
>
>Sometimes I really feel like a so-called Boomer. I'm 48. But I got
>online in 1996, so... I mean... wtf? :)

I'm mid-30s and starting to feel old; I'm way behind on internet slang
now, although I'm mostly keeping up with WoW terms for stuff I
actually do (don't ask me about raid or mythic+ lol), also can'tkeep
up with all the latest social media sites and so on. Well, I still use
Usenet, says it all, not many of us dinosaurs still here now!

Peter T.

Oct 3, 2020, 3:02:35 PM10/3/20
Den 03-10-2020 kl. 20:50 skrev Catriona R:

>> Is it the quest line that gives you the Hand of A'lar title? The
>> unobtainable title?
>
> Yep! I'm unsure whether or not it'll work after so long, but I did
> have the original quests (they were replaced by identical quests with
> new IDs in 3.0, but this character raided just enough to have picked
> them up when they were current), and people were reporting it working
> as recently as last year, so fingers crossed.

I think I messed up my memory. What I'm looking for was the Hand of
A'dal title. I haven't checked wowhead, but if I'm not wrong I should
have got it when I completed the 3 new dungeons or so which I actually
did. But I never got it because I was running around like a headless
chicken without a clue at that time. :)

--
Peter T.

Tim Merrigan

Oct 3, 2020, 4:30:15 PM10/3/20
On Fri, 2 Oct 2020 22:45:43 -0000 (UTC), Lewis
<g.k...@kreme.dont-email.me> wrote:

>In message <lisenfdsrbv4mg5ql...@4ax.com> Tim Merrigan <tp...@ca.rr.com> wrote:
>> I seem to have missed something. What is B'roth?
>
>B [attle for Aze] roth

Thank you. BfA has fewer keystrokes, and I suspect more people
recognize it.

Tim Merrigan

Oct 3, 2020, 4:40:19 PM10/3/20
No clue on AOO, but Paragons are what the post Exalted rep levels are
called in game, you get one every 10,000 rep points after Exalted with
a particular faction. I've gotten a couple on one of my alts with
SI:7.

Catriona R

Oct 3, 2020, 5:32:04 PM10/3/20
On Sat, 3 Oct 2020 21:02:33 +0200, "Peter T." <pin...@hotmail.moc>
wrote:
Slightly different; it was the reward for getting attuned to Hyjal and
Black Temple in TBC, so was two separate questchains, one taking you
through Serpentshrine and Tempest Keep, the other Tempest Keep and
Hyjal. My understanding from Wowhead is, if you had the original first
quest (Vials of Eternity) in your log, you're eligible for the title.

Although someone commented to say it doesn't work in 2020, so I have
to wait and see whether they're right (or I didn't have the original
quest after all) or if they had the wrong quest in their log.

Lewis

Oct 3, 2020, 9:43:39 PM10/3/20
Oh, I get them, but I've never seen the text "paragon" in game, or at
least not in Legion when they added them. I haven't looked for it since
then.

--
I've got a sonic screwdriver!
Yeah? I've got a chair!

Catriona R

Oct 7, 2020, 2:51:20 PM10/7/20
On Sat, 03 Oct 2020 22:32:01 +0100, Catriona R
<catriona...@totalise.co.uk> wrote:

>Although someone commented to say it doesn't work in 2020, so I have
>to wait and see whether they're right (or I didn't have the original
>quest after all) or if they had the wrong quest in their log.

Well that's disappointing; he was right it seems, or else I didn't
have the right quest, not title for me. Oh well, worth a try, and
Ashes of Al'ar certainly made it worth doing anyway! Plus I prefer the
look of Champion of the Naaru as a title anyway and I did at least get
that one a few years back :-)

Lewis

Oct 8, 2020, 7:29:03 AM10/8/20
Yay. Only 14 or maybe 15 more runs of Molten Core.

Probably never happening.

(It's not even worth doing for auction bait on my server, nothing
sells).

--
Stomach in! Chest out! on your marks! get set! GO! Now, now that
you're free, what are you gonna be? Who are you gonna see? And

Peter T.

Oct 14, 2020, 4:55:59 AM10/14/20
Den 02-10-2020 kl. 08:10 skrev Peter T.:

> 388/400 atm. :)

Rarity is broken now. So I didn't notice that elegon dropped for me in
MSV. But hey... What's that in the chat?

"Saltsyre has recieved [reins of the Astral Cloud serpent]!"

Great! =)

394/400

--
Peter T.

Lewis

Oct 14, 2020, 6:09:58 AM10/14/20
Not hunting mounts, but I did get the 90 exalted achievement.

yay?

Might finish Emperor wassis If I get bored enough to go multishot a
bunch of mobs on Timeless Isle.

--
'But it'll kill him!' 'It could have been worse.' 'What?' 'It could
have been us.'

Catriona R

Oct 14, 2020, 1:39:24 PM10/14/20
On Wed, 14 Oct 2020 10:55:58 +0200, "Peter T." <pin...@hotmail.moc>
wrote:
Wow, congrats! Gorgeous mount that one :-)

Hope Rarity's fixed soon, it's a must-have for me, and unique too,
some addons that break there are alternatives, but I'm not aware of
anything remotely like it. Currently working through my addons at
present, a lot are missing but hopefully many will return, I always
permanently lose a few though. When I get through the 660 minute login
queue (to log into the launcher, never mind the game!) I'll see what
actually works of the bunch I already downloaded...

Catriona R

Oct 14, 2020, 1:43:09 PM10/14/20
On Wed, 14 Oct 2020 10:09:56 -0000 (UTC), Lewis
<g.k...@kreme.dont-email.me> wrote:

>In message <rm6eer$5ec$1...@gioia.aioe.org> Peter T. <pin...@hotmail.moc> wrote:
>> Den 02-10-2020 kl. 08:10 skrev Peter T.:
>
>>> 388/400 atm. :)
>
>> Rarity is broken now. So I didn't notice that elegon dropped for me in
>> MSV. But hey... What's that in the chat?
>
>> "Saltsyre has recieved [reins of the Astral Cloud serpent]!"
>
>> Great! =)
>
>> 394/400
>
>Not hunting mounts, but I did get the 90 exalted achievement.
>
>yay?
>
>Might finish Emperor wassis If I get bored enough to go multishot a
>bunch of mobs on Timeless Isle.

Grats! 90 is a lot, I know the 100 achievement is pretty rare and
can't imagine all that many have 90 yet, given the amount of major
grinds involved in some.

The worst bit about Shaohao rep is other players, no matter what time
of day I pass through (already exalted but I sometimes kill Ordos; I
have the trinket to port to the isle so use it as a route to the
Pandaria NZoth assault), all the rep giving mobs are dead except those
directly around Ordos, half the time they're dead too but at least
there's not so many people around who have the cloak but not the rep
so a bit less competition.

Lewis

Oct 14, 2020, 3:51:21 PM10/14/20
In message <dudeoftnniipfhfef...@4ax.com> Catriona R <catriona...@totalise.co.uk> wrote:
> On Wed, 14 Oct 2020 10:09:56 -0000 (UTC), Lewis
> <g.k...@kreme.dont-email.me> wrote:

>>> Rarity is broken now. So I didn't notice that elegon dropped for me in
>>> MSV. But hey... What's that in the chat?
>>
>>> "Saltsyre has recieved [reins of the Astral Cloud serpent]!"
>>
>>> Great! =)
>>
>>> 394/400
>>
>>Not hunting mounts, but I did get the 90 exalted achievement.
>>
>>yay?
>>
>>Might finish Emperor wassis If I get bored enough to go multishot a
>>bunch of mobs on Timeless Isle.

> Grats! 90 is a lot, I know the 100 achievement is pretty rare and
> can't imagine all that many have 90 yet, given the amount of major
> grinds involved in some.

I have three reps that are halfway *ish through revered: Stromshield,
Emperor wassis, and Hydraxian. Hydraxian is capped at 1050 (or is it
950?) a week, so it would be 9 weeks I guess, so that is not happening,

I have no idea what to do for Stormshield, but Emperor is pretty easy,
just tedious.

I don't think I have any other revered reps.

> The worst bit about Shaohao rep is other players, no matter what time
> of day I pass through (already exalted but I sometimes kill Ordos; I
> have the trinket to port to the isle so use it as a route to the
> Pandaria NZoth assault), all the rep giving mobs are dead except those
> directly around Ordos, half the time they're dead too but at least
> there's not so many people around who have the cloak but not the rep
> so a bit less competition.

I don't seem to have access to Ordos. I think you had to get a cloak or
something to jump the gap, but I have no idea why?

--
Stone circles were common enough everywhere in the mountains. Druids
built them as weather computers, and since it was always cheaper

Catriona R

Oct 14, 2020, 7:06:17 PM10/14/20
On Wed, 14 Oct 2020 19:51:18 -0000 (UTC), Lewis
<g.k...@kreme.dont-email.me> wrote:

>In message <dudeoftnniipfhfef...@4ax.com> Catriona R <catriona...@totalise.co.uk> wrote:
>> Grats! 90 is a lot, I know the 100 achievement is pretty rare and
>> can't imagine all that many have 90 yet, given the amount of major
>> grinds involved in some.
>
>I have three reps that are halfway *ish through revered: Stromshield,
>Emperor wassis, and Hydraxian. Hydraxian is capped at 1050 (or is it
>950?) a week, so it would be 9 weeks I guess, so that is not happening,

Might be able to buff the repgain *slightly* on Darkmoon Faire week
with the10% rep buff from riding the carousel or rollercoaster...
still not going to help a lot though, that one was tedious for sure.

>I have no idea what to do for Stormshield, but Emperor is pretty easy,
>just tedious.
>
>I don't think I have any other revered reps.
>
>> The worst bit about Shaohao rep is other players, no matter what time
>> of day I pass through (already exalted but I sometimes kill Ordos; I
>> have the trinket to port to the isle so use it as a route to the
>> Pandaria NZoth assault), all the rep giving mobs are dead except those
>> directly around Ordos, half the time they're dead too but at least
>> there's not so many people around who have the cloak but not the rep
>> so a bit less competition.
>
>I don't seem to have access to Ordos. I think you had to get a cloak or
>something to jump the gap, but I have no idea why?

Yep, if you got the legendary cloak back in MoP it'll teleport you
over. Given the cloak's been removed from the game since WoD launch,
I'm not really sure why they can't just open it up to everyone, the
bonus perk for having the cloak was all well and good at the time but
I doubt many care now, except those who don't have it!

Catriona R

Oct 14, 2020, 7:28:45 PM10/14/20
On Wed, 14 Oct 2020 18:39:20 +0100, Catriona R
<catriona...@totalise.co.uk> wrote:

>Hope Rarity's fixed soon, it's a must-have for me, and unique too,
>some addons that break there are alternatives, but I'm not aware of
>anything remotely like it.

Rarity fix posted in the addon's comments:
https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/609476323156557978/766034074132414504/Rarity.zip
(Obviously virus scan it, as it's a random link source, but it came up
clean for me and also works as an addon); if tooltip still doesn't
work you need an updated LibQTip, which can be found in Broker
Everything. I do like people in addon comment threads sometimes, can
be really helpful for fixing things!

>Currently working through my addons at
>present, a lot are missing but hopefully many will return, I always
>permanently lose a few though. When I get through the 660 minute login
>queue (to log into the launcher, never mind the game!) I'll see what
>actually works of the bunch I already downloaded...

Well only one updated addon is throwing errors (SavedInstances,
although that seemed to be triggered by me bringing up the Rarity
onscreen tracker by accident, so it's probably really Rarity's fault),
and even a couple of non-updated ones work anyway, that's not bad. A
few missing ones that feel wrong to not have, but hopefully someone
will fix the more common ones; the rarer ones I may have to look for
alternatives, as always.

Lewis

Oct 14, 2020, 9:07:28 PM10/14/20
In message <vs0fof1mp9a8raknt...@4ax.com> Catriona R <catriona...@totalise.co.uk> wrote:
> On Wed, 14 Oct 2020 19:51:18 -0000 (UTC), Lewis
> <g.k...@kreme.dont-email.me> wrote:

>>In message <dudeoftnniipfhfef...@4ax.com> Catriona R <catriona...@totalise.co.uk> wrote:
>>> Grats! 90 is a lot, I know the 100 achievement is pretty rare and
>>> can't imagine all that many have 90 yet, given the amount of major
>>> grinds involved in some.
>>
>>I have three reps that are halfway *ish through revered: Stromshield,
>>Emperor wassis, and Hydraxian. Hydraxian is capped at 1050 (or is it
>>950?) a week, so it would be 9 weeks I guess, so that is not happening,

> Might be able to buff the repgain *slightly* on Darkmoon Faire week
> with the10% rep buff from riding the carousel or rollercoaster...

Yes, but not enough to make a difference for Molten Core. You get to run
it once a week, you get rep only from the bosses. A 10% bonus to rep
would not take even a single week off the total if I had the bonus every
week.

Oh, and I missed by a lot, it is 14 more runs of MC. Never happening.

>>I don't seem to have access to Ordos. I think you had to get a cloak or
>>something to jump the gap, but I have no idea why?

> Yep, if you got the legendary cloak back in MoP it'll teleport you
> over. Given the cloak's been removed from the game since WoD launch,
> I'm not really sure why they can't just open it up to everyone, the
> bonus perk for having the cloak was all well and good at the time but
> I doubt many care now, except those who don't have it!

Even if you get over there, as I did, you get teleported out.

Did finish the emperor rep and got the mount. so that's done. Might read
up on stormshield.

I also missed Kirin Tor Offensive, which is at 14K/21K revered and
Avengers of Hijal at almost 10K/21K.

Might look if there are 1 mounts I can get easily, as I am at 283. But
only a few days left on this trial and I will definitely wait a coule of
months before spending gold on another month.

Right now, if I am walking with my pet on passive, I will eventually
outrun my pet and have to resummon. I mean, WTF?

--
Instant karma's going to get you!

Peter T.

Oct 15, 2020, 6:28:40 AM10/15/20
Den 14-10-2020 kl. 12:09 skrev Lewis:

> Not hunting mounts, but I did get the 90 exalted achievement.
>
> yay?

Definitely, yes!

--
Peter T.

Peter T.

Oct 15, 2020, 6:32:49 AM10/15/20
Den 14-10-2020 kl. 21:51 skrev Lewis:

> I don't seem to have access to Ordos. I think you had to get a cloak or
> something to jump the gap, but I have no idea why?

I did a little research, and the cloak cannot be obtained anymore
according to
<https://www.wowhead.com/guide=2016/overview-legendary-cloak-questline>.
I was 100% sure it was still possible to get it.

Another odd decision from the wow devs. :/

--
Peter T.

Lewis

Oct 15, 2020, 7:17:23 AM10/15/20
In message <rm98ge$1sug$1...@gioia.aioe.org> Peter T. <pin...@hotmail.moc> wrote:
> Den 14-10-2020 kl. 21:51 skrev Lewis:

>> I don't seem to have access to Ordos. I think you had to get a cloak or
>> something to jump the gap, but I have no idea why?

> I did a little research, and the cloak cannot be obtained anymore
> according to
> <https://www.wowhead.com/guide=2016/overview-legendary-cloak-questline>.
> I was 100% sure it was still possible to get it.

It was removed quite a long time ago, as I recall.

--
"Anything that is in the world when you're born is normal and
ordinary and is just a natural part of the way the world works.