Atari joystick repair

Dave Marron

Oct 7, 2007, 9:06:06 PM10/7/07
I need to repair two Atari "logo" joysticks.

There's a black ring on the actuator that presses the microswitches.
These rings melted in the summer heat and make the microswitches
stick.

I'm thinking of scraping all that crap off and using pinball flipper
bands on the actuators instead. Would that work? Or is there a better
idea?

"Today, if you ask a car dealer to let you see something for 10 grand, he'll show you the door!" - Alfred E. Neuman

todd.j...@gmail.com

Oct 23, 2012, 11:26:11 AM10/23/12
to dbma...@adelphia.netspam
I'm wondering somewhat the same thing. I still have my black ring/gasket but it slips. Should I just glue it to the actuator?

I'm new to owning a cabinet.

Thanks!
Todd