Half Life 2: Episode 2 glitch/bug can't continue

Trevor Smithson

Mar 12, 2008, 3:53:21 PM3/12/08
In the level Under The Radar, after a battle with some hunters, you
have to go to a house and knock out a turret, then Alyx is supposed to
disable a forcefield.

But, she's not doing it. I'm not sure if it's a glitch or if I
haven't thrown some other switch or done something else that needs to
be done.

I finally broke down and looked at some walkthroughs for this section
and it would seem that I've done everything right. I've even reloaded
from a save before the battles and I get the same result.

Any ideas?

Rob

Mar 12, 2008, 5:03:30 PM3/12/08

"Trevor Smithson" <trevor_...@yahoo.com> wrote in message

No. I'm playing it now though. In episode 1 I had a glitch where Alex was
supposed to man the torrent while I escorted civilians to the train. She
stood outside on the hood of a car while the bad guys shot the shit out of
her. I reloaded, etc but no luck. I finally finished the level with her
standing outside but it was hard. (I was only using the GG also)

NiGHTS

Mar 12, 2008, 5:24:43 PM3/12/08

Sometimes there's a glitch (I had it with the elevator in episode one)
that messes up Alyx and you can't progress because she won't do
anything. You don't want to hear this, but it's usually fixed if you
restart the chapter.

--
NiGHTS/Nightcrawler [mWo]
I feel asleep!

"If Gods so fuckin' perfect why'd he fuck up on you?"

Trevor Smithson

Mar 12, 2008, 6:31:40 PM3/12/08
On Wed, 12 Mar 2008 21:24:43 +0000, NiGHTS
<nightsintodr...@blueyonder.co.uk> wrote:

>Trevor Smithson wrote:
>> In the level Under The Radar, after a battle with some hunters, you
>> have to go to a house and knock out a turret, then Alyx is supposed to
>> disable a forcefield.
>>
>> But, she's not doing it. I'm not sure if it's a glitch or if I
>> haven't thrown some other switch or done something else that needs to
>> be done.
>>
>> I finally broke down and looked at some walkthroughs for this section
>> and it would seem that I've done everything right. I've even reloaded
>> from a save before the battles and I get the same result.
>>
>> Any ideas?
>
>Sometimes there's a glitch (I had it with the elevator in episode one)
>that messes up Alyx and you can't progress because she won't do
>anything. You don't want to hear this, but it's usually fixed if you
>restart the chapter.

Well it's not ideal but it's better than restarting the whole game.
I'll give it a go.

Does this happen just with the 360 version or on other platforms too?

Trevor Smithson

Mar 12, 2008, 6:32:44 PM3/12/08

Ha, that would be a bitch to get through without her manning that
cannon.

Rob

Mar 12, 2008, 7:37:02 PM3/12/08

"Trevor Smithson" <trevor_...@yahoo.com> wrote in message

I didn't miss her on the torrent too much, it was her dying while standing
on the car that made it so tough. She wouldn't shoot, they would walk up and
shoot her. The sniper was relentless on her.

NiGHTS

Mar 12, 2008, 9:02:22 PM3/12/08

When I was looking into it after it happened to me I got the impression
it happens in the pc versions as well, but it's fairly rare.

Trevor Smithson

Mar 13, 2008, 1:29:44 AM3/13/08

I tried another interim save and for some reason that one worked.
Thanks to everyone who answered.

NiGHTS

Mar 13, 2008, 3:17:25 PM3/13/08

Forgot to suggest that, if it was a save from before whatever messed
Alyx up loading that would have worked too. And it did! Woo!

space.cad...@gmail.com

Jan 31, 2015, 1:57:50 PM1/31/15
I currently have the game open. I'm having a similar glitch. Alyx is supposed to go outside and watch while i try to shut off the power to the forcefield. I end up having to noclip in and then after all that when i get in the car shes still doing the typing animation.
Message has been deleted

Pieter-Jan Malfait

Oct 31, 2020, 6:49:32 AM10/31/20
Op woensdag 12 maart 2008 om 20:53:21 UTC+1 schreef Trevor Smithson:
i had the same problem, Alyx was waiting for me to disbale the turret, but there was no turret.

i used the red car to get to the house by a shortcut, when i reloaded a prior save game i used the road and it triggered a fight i hadn't encountered the first time, after the fight the turret was where it is supposed to be, and i could continue

just my 2 cents if anyone still has this problem in 2020 :)