Which PS/Saturn/N64 games would you like remade for the current generation?

1 view

The alMIGHTY N

Oct 24, 2007, 4:04:56 PM10/24/07
If you could choose 5 games from the Playstation/Saturn/N64 generation
and earlier, consoles only, to be remade (not sequelized) for the
current generation of consoles, which games would they be? Yes, I'm
bored at work.

1) Resident Evil 2 (my favorite game on the Playstation and they did a
great job with the Resident Evil remake)
2) Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time (Ocarina with Twilight Princess
graphics - 'nuff said)
3) Super Mario 64 (same great gameplay and level design but with
updated graphics and control mechanics)
4) Diddy Kong Racing (I found this much more enjoyable than Mario Kart
and the updated graphics would be great)
5) Donkey Kong 64 (I loved this game enough to 110% - or was it 101% -
it)

Paul Heslop

Oct 24, 2007, 5:00:05 PM10/24/07
The alMIGHTY N wrote:

> If you could choose 5 games from the Playstation/Saturn/N64 generation
> and earlier, consoles only, to be remade (not sequelized) for the
> current generation of consoles, which games would they be? Yes, I'm
> bored at work.

Time they remade Alex Kidd! :O)

--
Paul (We won't die of devotion)
Stop and Look

Vidar Olavesen

Oct 24, 2007, 5:06:36 PM10/24/07
I'd go for
1. Shining Force III : Scenario 1
2. Shining Force III : Scenario 2
3. Shining Force III : Scenario 3
4. Shining Wisdom
5. Shining the Holy Ark

Hmmm, seems like I am a bit of a Shining fan

"The alMIGHTY N" <natl...@yahoo.com> skrev i melding

Paul Heslop

Oct 24, 2007, 6:12:27 PM10/24/07
Vidar Olavesen wrote:

> Hmmm, seems like I am a bit of a Shining fan

I used to have a shining fan but the bearings went.

Matt

Oct 24, 2007, 7:25:07 PM10/24/07
Its not actually a console game, but I think it would be absolutely amazing
to get the old LucasArts Adevntures like Monkey Island or Indiana Jones on
Wii. It is THE point and click system. THey could easily make a DVD with
Monkey 1-4 and then of course release MI5 later for WII. Just dreams, I
know, but perhaps some guys of Lucas Arts read this... ;)

"The alMIGHTY N" <natl...@yahoo.com> schrieb im Newsbeitrag
> [...]

Relic

Oct 24, 2007, 8:16:58 PM10/24/07

Hmmm...for me, it would be...

Silhouette Mirage (Saturn/PSX)
Guardian Heroes (Saturn; still play this periodically)
Lunar The Silver Star (Saturn/PSX/Sega CD; of course, this has
already been technically remade as Lunar Legend for the GBA)
Chrono Trigger (SNES/PSX)
Bonk's Adventure (TG16)

Doug Jacobs

Oct 24, 2007, 8:32:31 PM10/24/07
In alt.games.video.sony-playstation2 The alMIGHTY N <natl...@yahoo.com> wrote:
> If you could choose 5 games from the Playstation/Saturn/N64 generation
> and earlier, consoles only, to be remade (not sequelized) for the
> current generation of consoles, which games would they be? Yes, I'm
> bored at work.

FFVII - come on, we all know it's being worked on secretly...Square just
keeps teasing us.

Panzer Dragoon Saga

Chrono Trigger

Chrono Cross

Xenogears

Parasite Eve?

--
It's not broken. It's...advanced.

Doug Jacobs

Oct 24, 2007, 8:35:55 PM10/24/07
In alt.games.video.sony-playstation2 Matt <Please...@me.de> wrote:
> Its not actually a console game, but I think it would be absolutely amazing
> to get the old LucasArts Adevntures like Monkey Island or Indiana Jones on
> Wii. It is THE point and click system. THey could easily make a DVD with
> Monkey 1-4 and then of course release MI5 later for WII. Just dreams, I
> know, but perhaps some guys of Lucas Arts read this... ;)

I'd love for Lucas Arts to rerelease all their SCUMM based games for the
Wii, even their older stuff would be good too - like Loom....

And why hasn't Lucas Arts hit upon the idea of re-re-working Xwing/TIE
Fighter with modern graphics and re-re-releasing those games? Still among
the best space fighter sim/game series. Ever. I still have my old
flightstick which I bought specifically for those and the old Wing
Commander games.

bruce

Oct 24, 2007, 9:09:28 PM10/24/07

1-Iron Storm Saturn
2-Tomb Raider II Playstation
3-Thunder Strike II Saturn
4-Burning Rangers Saturn
5-Goldeneye N-64
And for good measure from the PS2 AND X-BOX........Sniper Elite

Jordan

Oct 24, 2007, 10:01:22 PM10/24/07
On Oct 24, 1:04 pm, The alMIGHTY N <natle...@yahoo.com> wrote:

> If you could choose 5 games from the Playstation/Saturn/N64 generation
> and earlier, consoles only, to be remade (not sequelized) for the
> current generation of consoles, which games would they be? Yes, I'm
> bored at work.

Saturn - Burning Rangers, it was way ahead of it's time.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Burning_Rangers

Virtua Fighter Kids could be fun to revisit as well, particularly
since they can do the transparent Dural with the fish in her head
properly now.

PS - What ever happened to the Loaded franchise? That was kind of fun.
An English version of Kowloon's Gate would be awesome.
Oooh... Colony Wars... hands down... Colony Wars.

- Jordan

ds...@ncf.ca

Oct 24, 2007, 10:37:55 PM10/24/07
On Oct 24, 4:04 pm, The alMIGHTY N <natle...@yahoo.com> wrote:
> If you could choose 5 games from the Playstation/Saturn/N64 generation
> and earlier, consoles only, to be remade (not sequelized) for the
> current generation of consoles, which games would they be? Yes, I'm
> bored at work.

1) Shining Force III - parts 1-3 plus the bonus disc
2) Radiant Silvergun
3) Burning Rangers
4) Blast Corps
5) Powerslave

don

Oct 24, 2007, 10:42:13 PM10/24/07

Matt wrote:

> Its not actually a console game, but I think it would be absolutely amazing
> to get the old LucasArts Adevntures like Monkey Island or Indiana Jones on
> Wii. It is THE point and click system. THey could easily make a DVD with
> Monkey 1-4 and then of course release MI5 later for WII. Just dreams, I
> know, but perhaps some guys of Lucas Arts read this... ;)

I'd just like to see any adventure games for consoles. There have been
far too few of them.

phexitol

Oct 25, 2007, 1:33:31 AM10/25/07

PS1: Carnage Heart, Intelligent Qube
Saturn: Dark Saviour
Atari 2600: Combat - imagine an HD remake/upgrade, with real physics
used for the tank-pong mode :D

Scrub

Oct 25, 2007, 1:59:33 AM10/25/07

"The alMIGHTY N" <natl...@yahoo.com> wrote in message
> [...]

Excite Bike 64, Man I loved that game :)

Vidar Olavesen

Oct 25, 2007, 3:15:42 AM10/25/07

And on talk of Lucasfilms Games, the classics from Atari 8-bits, Rescue on
Fractalus/Behind Jaggi Lines, Ballblazer, Koronis Rift and Eidolon would be
awesome.

The alMIGHTY N

Oct 25, 2007, 9:54:55 AM10/25/07

A next-gen Combat would be hilarious if they kept the humor. Atari did
an update of a bunch of their classic arcade games for the PC years
ago and most of them sucked ass.

don

Oct 25, 2007, 10:02:16 AM10/25/07

ds...@ncf.ca wrote:

> 5) Powerslave

I just wish they'd make a PlayStation version that includes crouching
like the PC version did. It makes it so much easier to kill the
scorpions. Either that, or I wish I could find the full version for
PC. I've only got the shareware version for PC and the PlayStation
version. Does anyone know if the full PC version was ever released in
the US?

Steve Liu

Oct 25, 2007, 12:43:55 PM10/25/07
In article <1193277682....@i13g2000prf.googlegroups.com>,

Jordan <lu...@earthlink.net> wrote:
>On Oct 24, 1:04 pm, The alMIGHTY N <natle...@yahoo.com> wrote:
>
>> If you could choose 5 games from the Playstation/Saturn/N64 generation
>> and earlier, consoles only, to be remade (not sequelized) for the
>> current generation of consoles, which games would they be? Yes, I'm
>> bored at work.

Silent Hill - Don't change any of the story or gameplay to fit the
sequels. Just update the graphics for added horror.

Metal Gear Solid - I was replaying this last year and was surprised how
much harder it was without the first person targeting system of MGS2 and
MGS3. You know, for the heck of it, remake the original Metal Gear as
well.

Blood Omen: Legacy of Kain - The original game. I never finished it
because I couldn't stand the loading times any more, but part I did play
was great.

==========
Steve Liu
"There's the right way, the wrong way, and the Max Power way." - Homer
"Isn't that the wrong way?" - Bart
"Yes, but faster."

Doug Jacobs

Oct 25, 2007, 5:30:10 PM10/25/07
In alt.games.video.xbox phexitol <phx:0...@distance.ni-879/00.001> wrote:
> Atari 2600: Combat - imagine an HD remake/upgrade, with real physics
> used for the tank-pong mode :D

Would the tanks still spin when they get shot?

The alMIGHTY N

Oct 26, 2007, 10:25:20 AM10/26/07
On Oct 25, 12:43 pm, koala...@radix.net (Steve Liu) wrote:
> In article <1193277682.253593.46...@i13g2000prf.googlegroups.com>,

> Jordan <lu...@earthlink.net> wrote:
> >On Oct 24, 1:04 pm, The alMIGHTY N <natle...@yahoo.com> wrote:
>
> >> If you could choose 5 games from the Playstation/Saturn/N64 generation
> >> and earlier, consoles only, to be remade (not sequelized) for the
> >> current generation of consoles, which games would they be? Yes, I'm
> >> bored at work.
>
> Silent Hill - Don't change any of the story or gameplay to fit the
> sequels. Just update the graphics for added horror.

Man, I can't believe I forgot about that one. I'm always asking my
friend, who's a HUGE Silent Hill afficianado, if he's heard any word
on a remake of the first game for next-gen. Still no word... :-(

> Metal Gear Solid - I was replaying this last year and was surprised how
> much harder it was without the first person targeting system of MGS2 and
> MGS3. You know, for the heck of it, remake the original Metal Gear as
> well.

Well, they kind of had an update already. The GameCube game has better
graphics and many of the better controls and actions that were
introduced in MGS2.

phexitol

Oct 27, 2007, 6:54:04 PM10/27/07
Doug Jacobs wrote:
> In alt.games.video.xbox phexitol <phx:0...@distance.ni-879/00.001> wrote:
>> Atari 2600: Combat - imagine an HD remake/upgrade, with real physics
>> used for the tank-pong mode :D
>
> Would the tanks still spin when they get shot?

Even better: have them not only spin, but possibly flip over. You then
would have to either use the right analog stick or sixaxis to flip back
over before you get pwnt!