Splinter Cell: PT freezing in Live?

1 view

wg

Mar 26, 2004, 9:08:57 AM3/26/04
Its happened twice to me in Opti-match, on the list of available screens.
In fact, an Optimatch found a game with 4 players already in it -
playing....

MagicUK

Mar 26, 2004, 9:10:55 AM3/26/04
its a bug, do not use opti match as all as after 10secs the game crashes,
ubisoft are onit just use quick match!
"wg" <be...@supernet.com> wrote in message

Wurm

Mar 26, 2004, 9:25:18 AM3/26/04

"wg" <be...@supernet.com> wrote in message
> Its happened twice to me in Opti-match, on the list of available screens.
> In fact, an Optimatch found a game with 4 players already in it -
> playing....

its a known bug now in Optimatch, if you are still searching after 10
seconds the game freezes.

Ubisoft strikes again......... I swear they consistently put out the
buggiest software there is (in PC land)

wg

Mar 26, 2004, 9:33:23 AM3/26/04
"Wurm" <a@b.c> wrote in news:c41ege$m6q$1...@dns3.cae.ca:

It happening now in Quickmatch, 3 times in a row now, once on the first
match, and twice after starting new searches.

Damnit - I only buy Live games, and SCPT Live is all F***** up now. One
night was bearable, now today - impossibly to get a live game. 8 freezes
already.

Beck

Mar 26, 2004, 10:43:54 AM3/26/04

> It happening now in Quickmatch, 3 times in a row now, once on the first
> match, and twice after starting new searches.
>
> Damnit - I only buy Live games, and SCPT Live is all F***** up now. One
> night was bearable, now today - impossibly to get a live game. 8 freezes
> already.

Theres a couple of patches been released for this. Not sure where to
download them from though. Check the Gamefaqs forums, its mentioned quite a
bit in there and some people report it fixed totally after the patch

Wurm

Mar 26, 2004, 11:07:54 AM3/26/04

"wg" <be...@supernet.com> wrote in message

Yup, according to gamespot
(http://www.gamespot.com/xbox/action/pandoratomorrow/news_6092153.html) it
will freeze *each and every time* you try to use optimatch and it takes 10
seconds or longer to find a game..... as soon as that 10 second mark hits,
youre screwed and the console will freeze.

Console people.... welcome to the wonderful world of buggy PC style games
:-) brought to you by the only company that ive seen that has released a
game who's UNINSTALLER would often wipe out your windows system files!!!!

Never every buy a ubisoft game as soon as it comes out, always give it a few
months to find out if the game works ....

Pluvious

Mar 26, 2004, 4:09:59 PM3/26/04

It's a known bug and will be addressed in a LIVE patch.

http://www.gamespot.com/xbox/action/pandoratomorrow/news_6092153.html

Pandora Tomorrow Xbox Live bug discovered

UPDATE: The Xbox version of Ubisoft's stealth-action sequel contains a
crash bug in its online multiplayer mode. Ubisoft responds.

Some gamers who acquired the Xbox version of Ubisoft's newly-released
Tom Clancy's Splinter Cell Pandora Tomorrow came across an alarming
surprise when they attempted to use the game's online multiplayer
features. Specifically, after logging onto Xbox Live and selecting the
"optimatch" function, players discovered that waiting for more than
about 10 seconds on the optimatch results screen causes the game to
freeze indefinitely.

GameSpot has been able to consistently duplicate this bug using a
retail copy of the game. When contacted for comment about the issue,
an Ubisoft representative had the following to say: "Ubisoft is aware
of the problem, and we are looking into it now. We hope to address it
quickly--however, we are pleased to report that the bug does not
prevent players from playing online, and it does not occur during
gameplay. Therefore we expect that players will still enjoy playing
Tom Clancy's Splinter Cell Pandora Tomorrow while we look into
resolving this issue."

Though the bug hinders players attempting to use the optimatch option,
they can still readily play the game online using the quick match
mode. GameSpot will have more on this story as it becomes available.

wg

Mar 26, 2004, 4:16:43 PM3/26/04
Pluvious <Pluv...@nowhere.com> wrote in

> On Fri, 26 Mar 2004 08:08:57 -0600, wg <be...@supernet.com> wrote:
>
>||Its happened twice to me in Opti-match, on the list of available
>||screens. In fact, an Optimatch found a game with 4 players already
>||in it - playing....
>
> It's a known bug and will be addressed in a LIVE patch.

This was a fear I posted about last year. Now - game makers have the
luxury of making buggy games, and do not need to do rigorous testing
because they can just patch it. This is the first game for a patch that I
know of. I'll say 6 months for a title to be released that will require
two patches.

Jackjlkjlkj532

Mar 26, 2004, 6:03:33 PM3/26/04
That's exactly what I thought. Now that Xbox is "Live" they (Ubisoft or any
other developer/publisher) just use the public as the beta testers. In my
eyes it's called laziness.

"wg" <be...@supernet.com> wrote in message

Wurm

Mar 26, 2004, 6:24:36 PM3/26/04

"wg" <be...@supernet.com> wrote in message

Actually UnrealChampionship has had a few patches to my knowledge, although
none to fix crashes. But yeah, its finally arrived, buggy console games with
Ubisoft leading the way. Hell, I was prolly the person you were discussing
this with last year ;-)

Eric Patton

Mar 26, 2004, 10:52:46 PM3/26/04
Ah, capitalism.