Hello...

Donnie R Hayes

May 18, 1998, 3:00:00 AM5/18/98

So, I guess NOBODY knows the URL for Tips&Tricks? That bites!
I wanna see the gcpp without finding a mag and buying it! Oh well.
Thanx anyway,
~Jason.
Oh yeah, about the 'stop posting so many messages' thing, i think its
great that we can have somebody informing us on something, even if it DOES
take an extra minute. I'd personally like to say thanx to ryan. Thanx 4 the
info & stuff.

ToysRLife

May 19, 1998, 3:00:00 AM5/19/98

Tiger, just put up a FULL screen shot of the game.com pocketpro for you to look
at. Not the warped out messed up pic, but a real pic.. So if you want to see
it.. go to: www.game.com

Brad

May 19, 1998, 3:00:00 AM5/19/98

Yes but he *can* post it all in one or two messages.
He posts one thought for every message.

Donnie R Hayes wrote:

--
Game.com Power
http://surf.to/gamecompower

Steven L Cox

May 19, 1998, 3:00:00 AM5/19/98

Very nice!

Some obvious questions:

a) Where is the touchpen? Does the lack of a touchpen indicate the
gcpp doesn't have touchscreen capabilities? How does this affect
ClassiCom game compatability?

b) With the release of this new image, is the backlit nature of the
gcpp now officially comfirmed?

c) How about some more images showing a wrap-around image of the new
Com? Notably, I'm curious to the cartridge ports. Only room for 1
cartport now?

d) techspecs? How much does the little guy weigh? Type and number of
batteries required? Expected battery life? Can the backlight be
turned on/off?

As always, praise goes to our online guru!

-S-

ToysRLife

May 19, 1998, 3:00:00 AM5/19/98

Ok.. lets see if I can answer a few of the questions:

1> The touchpen still exists and is located on the upper back of the unit. It
actually slides into the case, and it's a very nice touch. You wouldn't even
know it was there, unless well... you knew.

2> Yes the unit is confirmed as backlit in a greenish haze. Very nice effect

3> Cartridge ports are down to only one cart port. Of course due to size
constraints.

4> Weight.. Hmm hold on, let me weigh one.. Dont have a scale, sorry. It
will take 2 AA batteries currently. Yes, you will notice a button near the
bottem center of the pocketpro screen, that will allow the back light to be
turned on and off

Joseph

May 19, 1998, 3:00:00 AM5/19/98

> 3> Cartridge ports are down to only one cart port. Of course due to size
> constraints.

only one now? aw man. i guess the dual-cartridge games i had hoped for aren't
coming out then huh.

say, i really was starting to consider selling my game.com, but if you guys have a
trade in system or at least some sort of discount for buying an original, i will
definately get the new pocketpro.

~joseph

Harrover

May 20, 1998, 3:00:00 AM5/20/98

>1> The touchpen still exists and is located on the upper back of the unit.
>It
>actually slides into the case, and it's a very nice touch. You wouldn't even
>know it was there, unless well... you knew.
>
>2> Yes the unit is confirmed as backlit in a greenish haze. Very nice effect
>

>3> Cartridge ports are down to only one cart port. Of course due to size
>constraints.
>

>4> Weight.. Hmm hold on, let me weigh one.. Dont have a scale, sorry.
>It
>will take 2 AA batteries currently. Yes, you will notice a button near the
>bottem center of the pocketpro screen, that will allow the back light to be
>turned on and off

Hi,
I have another question: does the gcpp have the same organizer functions as the
gc? has tiger removed or added any functions?
also, is there going to be a trade-in program? it would realy be a bummer to
have to spend another $50 after just spending $70 for my comclassic.
Harr...@aol.com

Brad

May 20, 1998, 3:00:00 AM5/20/98

Im really *NOT* liking this system.
Sure it may be small but one cart port?
I loved having two games in at once so you dont have to switch.
Also the pic of Tigers site is a drawing not a picture.
Ill am updating my page with new info.

ToysRLife

May 20, 1998, 3:00:00 AM5/20/98

>Also the pic of Tigers site is a drawing not a picture.

Do you lose something with it being a "drawing" vs a picture? Its actually the
rendering that the engineers used.

n...@geocities.com

May 20, 1998, 3:00:00 AM5/20/98

> Hi,
> I have another question: does the gcpp have the same organizer functions as
the
> gc? has tiger removed or added any functions?
> also, is there going to be a trade-in program? it would realy be a bummer to
> have to spend another $50 after just spending $70 for my comclassic.
> Harr...@aol.com

the GAME.COM has NO ORGANIZER FUNCTIONS at all, just a telephone book and a
calendar (not organizer).. the gcppro has all the same things, xcept
backlight, one game slot.