The first PoSV games are mediocre at best.

The Doctor (as portrayed by Matt Smith)

Feb 19, 2012, 5:14:06 AM2/19/12

TommoCubed

Feb 24, 2012, 7:08:52 PM2/24/12
I was just looking at the Vita and the release titles tonight. Very
underwhelmed. I don't know what I was expecting. I was hoping for a top
notch racer, a solid shooter, and something out of leftfield. Nil out of
three then. I think the days of a hand held gaming device which isn't a
smart phone are gone.

Miles Bader

Feb 24, 2012, 7:52:49 PM2/24/12
TommoCubed <te...@test.com> writes:
> I was just looking at the Vita and the release titles tonight. Very
> underwhelmed. I don't know what I was expecting. I was hoping for a
> top notch racer, a solid shooter, and something out of leftfield. Nil
> out of three then. I think the days of a hand held gaming device which
> isn't a smart phone are gone.

Wait, if you wanted a top notch racer and a solid shooter, a smart phone
seems like a very poor bet to find one on...

-Miles

--
Barometer, n. An ingenious instrument which indicates what kind of weather we
are having.

The alMIGHTY N

Mar 8, 2012, 11:41:35 AM3/8/12
I've been having a blast with my Nintendo 3DS. Super Mario 3D Land is
an amazing game, and Resident Evil: Revelations is a whole lot of fun.

I too have been underwhelmed by the PlayStation Vita, but I was
expecting that. As soon as it became clear that Sony was just trying
to do more of the same, just with better graphics, I lost a lot of
interest. The 3DS may not be a powerhouse system, but at least the
games are interesting.

Miles Bader

Mar 8, 2012, 6:24:18 PM3/8/12
The alMIGHTY N <natl...@yahoo.com> writes:
>> I was just looking at the Vita and the release titles tonight. Very
>> underwhelmed. I don't know what I was expecting. I was hoping for a top
>> notch racer, a solid shooter, and something out of leftfield. Nil out of
>> three then. I think the days of a hand held gaming device which isn't a
>> smart phone are gone.
>
> I've been having a blast with my Nintendo 3DS. Super Mario 3D Land is
> an amazing game, and Resident Evil: Revelations is a whole lot of fun.
>
> I too have been underwhelmed by the PlayStation Vita, but I was
> expecting that. As soon as it became clear that Sony was just trying
> to do more of the same, just with better graphics, I lost a lot of
> interest. The 3DS may not be a powerhouse system, but at least the
> games are interesting.

The thing about the Vita that makes it seem unappealing to me is that
it's _huge_ ... it seems wrong to call it a "portable" system at all,
really; maybe something more for using on the couch at home.

-miles

--
Congratulation, n. The civility of envy.

Miles Bader

Mar 8, 2012, 6:24:28 PM3/8/12