Can my PS3 play 3D blu-rays and games?

David Gartrell

Nov 19, 2011, 11:33:55 AM11/19/11
Hi there, I have the 80Gb (non-slim) version of the PS3 which I bought 3
years ago. What I'm trying to find out, if anyone can help me please, is
whether or not my PS3 will play 3D Bluray disks and games. The system
software on it is currently up to 3.73.

Thanks very much in advance for your help.

the dog from that film you saw

Nov 19, 2011, 12:09:30 PM11/19/11
all ps3s will play them - assuming your tv is a 3d one connected by HMDI
of course.

--
Gareth.
That fly.... Is your magic wand.

Glenn Shaw

Nov 29, 2011, 8:50:19 PM11/29/11
David Gartrell <DeeGeeOneN...@btinternet.com> wrote in

> Hi there, I have the 80Gb (non-slim) version of the PS3 which I bought 3
> years ago. What I'm trying to find out, if anyone can help me please, is
> whether or not my PS3 will play 3D Bluray disks and games. The system
> software on it is currently up to 3.73.

3.73 is the latest version of the PS3 system software, so you're good
there. (3D game compatability was added in version 3.30, and support for 3D
movies was added in version 3.50.)

Your TV will need to support 3D (of course), and you'll need a high-speed
HDMI cable. If you plan on adding a home theater receiver, that will have
to have 3D support as well (to allow a 3D video stream to pass through the
receiver).

HTH. HAND. :)

--
Laters,