So...how do I format my PS2 memory card?

Irrat8ed

Aug 8, 2005, 1:12:57 AM8/8/05
Since now it's all fucked up.

Velocity Girl

Aug 8, 2005, 3:11:06 AM8/8/05
Irrat8ed wrote:
> Since now it's all fucked up.

Well, I format mine with the 2004 Holiday demo disk Sony sent me.
Viewtiful Joe 2 fucks up the card then the PS2 formats it.
Thanks Sony, you fuckheads!

You can also try a Sony remote control setup disk.
I'm not sure though.

There is also some software online that can format it too.
I think it is called MCkiller.
But I think you need Swapmagic or something to make it boot.

And I think Action Replay can format the memory card too but it usually
does a knock job of it.

Somehow you can get the PS2 to format it for you, but I don't exactly
know how this works. The only way I can force it to do this is with the
2004 Holiday demo disk I spoke of earlier.

Paul Heslop

Aug 8, 2005, 3:13:02 AM8/8/05
Irrat8ed wrote:

> Since now it's all fucked up.

Well sadly it isn't an easy task. You need a memory management
program, which I forgot we had just bought when we needed to do this.
They're not too expensive and you may already have one, something like
Action Replay max

if your box is chipped you may find a free program on google.

--
Paul (And I'm, like, "yeah, whatever!")
Stop and Look

teds...@bellsouth.net

Aug 8, 2005, 12:01:01 PM8/8/05

"Irrat8ed" <nom...@nomail.com> wrote in message

> Since now it's all fucked up.

Just dip in it luke warm (not hot) soapy water and shake the excess water
off. Then when you put it in the machine the remaining moisture auto
formats the memory card. Violoa!

TS

Velocity Girl

Aug 8, 2005, 11:13:34 PM8/8/05

Aren't you supposed to microwave it for 20 seconds first?

Irrat8ed

Aug 9, 2005, 2:17:26 AM8/9/05
Okay...so that thing with the soap DID NOT work! WTF!
I actually found something that does work though...get a new one from Best
Buy and then return the fucked up one as the new one...now I have an extra
card but at least it's not fucked up.

Paul Heslop

Aug 9, 2005, 3:07:10 AM8/9/05
Irrat8ed wrote:

> Okay...so that thing with the soap DID NOT work! WTF!
> I actually found something that does work though...get a new one from Best
> Buy and then return the fucked up one as the new one...now I have an extra
> card but at least it's not fucked up.

that'll do nicely :O)

Scott

Aug 19, 2005, 9:06:01 PM8/19/05
On Mon, 08 Aug 2005 03:11:06 -0400, Velocity Girl <BuyMySk...@msn.com>
wrote:

>Irrat8ed wrote:
>> Since now it's all fucked up.
>>

>Well, I format mine with the 2004 Holiday demo disk Sony sent me.
>Viewtiful Joe 2 fucks up the card then the PS2 formats it.
>Thanks Sony, you fuckheads!

I'm guessing you missed the free game for a Holiday 2004 Demo Disc
exchange. Didn't bring back my games saves but it was a decent gesture on
Sony's part.

--
Scott

tjmil...@icloud.com