PlayStation Demo List v1.26

Edison

Apr 2, 1999, 3:00:00 AM4/2/99
PlayStation Demo Zone List v1.26 (last modified 3/26/99)
This list is posted on or around the 1st of every month to the usenet groups
rec.games.video.sony, and alt.games.video.sony-playstation, it is maintained
by Doug Hammond (edi...@iname.com). The latest version is available at the
following url www2.dtc.net/~edison/pdz.html under "Text List & More". Find
more in-depth information at the above site on each demo including full
contents, codes, release information, and more.

1. This listing is arranged in chronological order ranging from the very
first available PlayStation demo "Hear it now, Play it Later AKA Developer
Demo" up to the most recent demo release.

2. This listing will mainly contain demos released in the US, (unless *I*
have easy access to an import demo cd). This listing is made up of both
consumer demos (those available free, or for sale to the general public),
and industry demos (those sent out to software retailers for demonstration
purposes, as they sometimes find their way into the retail channel).

3. This list (whole or parts) cannot be used or reprinted without permission
from the author.

4. If you find a glaring omission, down right wrong information, or you just
want to say hello send me an e-mail at the address above.

5. If an item has a ? (question mark) in front of it that means I need more
information, and/or scans of the sleeve. If you have this demo please drop
me an e-mail.

6. I would like to take this opportunity to thank Jose Arellano, for some of
this information was gathered from his excellent earlier work on "The Sony
PlayStation Demo Disc List".

PlayStation Demo Title (Currently 119 demo's, +=New addition) | Released |
Hear it now, Play it later (AKA Developer Demo, AKA Black Ice) | Aug. 95 |
PlayStation Picks (Purple Cover) | Sept. 95 |
Rayman Demo CD | Jan. 96 |
Interactive CD Sampler Pack Volume One | Jan. 96 |
Interactive CD Sampler Pack Volume One (Censored version) | Feb. 96 |
Interactive CD Sampler Pack Volume 2 | June 96 |
Iron & Blood | Sept. 96 |
Interactive CD Sampler Pack Volume Three | Oct. 96 |
Burning Road Sampler CD | Oct. 96 |
PlayStation Picks (Green Cover) | Nov. 96 |
Final Fantasy VII (Tobal No.1 Pack in) | Nov. 96 |
Interactive CD Sampler Pack Volume Three (Labeled Version 3.5) | Dec. 96 |
PlayStation Underground Number 1 | March 97 |
PlayStation Underground Number 2 (w/Squaresoft Demo CD pack in) | June 97 |
Oddworld:Abe's Oddysee | June 97 |
Interactive CD Sampler disk Volume 4 | June 97 |
Jampack Vol. 1 | July 97 |
Official PlayStation Magazine No. 01 | Sept. 97 |
Final Fantasy VII Demo | Sept. 97 |
Nuclear Strike:The Lost Missions | Sept. 97 |
Nuclear Strike:The Lost Missions (Plain White Sleeve) | Sept. 97 |
CastleVania:Symphony of the Night Music Sampler CD | Sept. 97 |
Resident Evil 2 (Resident Evil:Director's Cut pack in) | Sept. 97 |
PlayStation Underground Number 3 | Oct. 97 |
Official PlayStation Magazine No. 02 | Oct. 97 |
Nightmare Creatures Demo CD | Oct. 97 |
Cool Games. Free Stuff. Demo CD (Namco) | Oct. 97 |
Jampack Vol. 2 | Oct. 97 |
Interactive CD Sampler Disk Volume 5 | Nov. 97 |
PlayStation Underground Holiday Picks '97 | Nov. 97 |
ASCII Demo CD | Nov. 97 |
PlayStation Underground Number 4 | Nov. 97 |
Official PlayStation Magazine No. 03 | Nov. 97 |
PaRappa the Rapper Demo CD | Nov. 97 |
Monster Rancher | Nov. 97 |
Shipwreckers! Demo CD | Dec. 97 |
Official PlayStation Magazine No. 04 | Dec. 97 |
Official PlayStation Magazine No. 05 | Jan. 98 |
Official PlayStation Magazine No. 06 | Feb. 98 |
PlayStation Underground Volume 2 Issue 1 | Feb. 98 |
Pitfall 3D Beyond the Jungle Demo CD | Feb. 98 |
Rascal Demo CD | Feb. 98 |
Official PlayStation Magazine No. 07 | March 98 |
Spring Special PlayStation Demo Disc (Japanese import) | March 98 |
Dead or Alive Sample Disc | March 98 |
Vigilante 8 Demo (Included on Pitfall 3D game CD) | March 98 |
Official PlayStation Magazine No. 08 | April 98 |
Official PlayStation Magazine No. 09 | May 98 |
Squaresoft on PlayStation Collector's CD | May 98 |
Gran Turismo Demo CD | May 98 |
Tomba! | May 98 |
X-360 "Surrounding your world with sound" | May 98 |
Best Of:PlayStation Underground CD Magazine | May 98 |
Hot Shots Golf | May 98 |
Cardinal Syn | May 98 |
Official PlayStation Magazine No. 10 | June 98 |
Vigilante 8 Demo CD | June 98 |
PlayStation Underground Volume 2 Issue 2 | June 98 |
Interactive CD Sampler Disk Volume 6 | June 98 |
Official PlayStation Magazine No. 11 | July 98 |
Underground Jampack | July 98 |
Crime Killer Demo CD | July 98 |
Toys'R'Us Demo CD | July 98 |
Official PlayStation Magazine No. 12 | Aug. 98 |
Metal Gear Solid Pilot Demo (Japanese import) | Aug. 98 |
NFL Extreme Demo CD | Aug. 98 |
Future Cop L.A.P.D Rookie Edition | Aug. 98 |
Interactive CD Sampler Disk Volume 7 | Aug. 98 |
+Duke Nukem:Time To Kill Sample Disc | Aug. 98 |
Metal Gear Solid (Music CD) | Sept. 98 |
Official PlayStation Magazine No. 13 | Sept. 98 |
Squaresoft 1998 Collectors CD (Pack in with Parasite Eve game) | Sept. 98 |
Crash Bandicoot:Warped (Included on the Spryo game CD) | Sept. 98 |
PlayStation Underground Volume 2 Issue 3 | Sept. 98 |
Metal Gear Solid Demo | Sept. 98 |
THQ "Unnamed" Demo | Sept. 98 |
NHL FaceOff 99 Demo | Sept. 98 |
KAEGRO:Deception II | Oct. 98 |
Official Playstation Magazine No. 14 | Oct. 98 |
Eidos Demo CD | Oct. 98 |
Spyro the Dragon Demo CD | Oct. 98 |
MediEvil Demo CD | Oct. 98 |
ODT (Or Die Trying) Demo CD | Oct. 98 |
Interactive CD Sampler disk volume 8 | Oct. 98 |
Rogue Trip | Oct. 98 |
Rally Cross 2 Demo CD | Oct. 98 |
Underground Jampack Winter Edition | Nov. 98 |
Squaresoft 1998 Collectors CD #2(Packed w/Brave Fencer Musashi) | Nov. 98 |
?Running Wild Demo CD | Nov. 98 |
Official PlayStation Magazine No. 15 | Nov. 98 |
Colony Wars:Vengeance Demo CD (contents same as Psygnosis 98) | Nov. 98 |
Psygnosis 98 Demo CD (contents same as Colony Wars Demo) | Nov. 98 |
Rugrats Demo CD | Nov. 98 |
Pizza Powered PlayStation Giveaway Demo | Nov. 98 |
PlayStation Underground Volume 2 Issue 4 | Nov. 98 |
?Best Buy PlayStation Demo | Nov. 98 |
NCAA Gamebreaker 99 Demo CD | Nov. 98 |
Official PlayStation Magazine No. 16 | Dec. 98 |
Bust a Groove Demo CD | Dec. 98 |
Pro-Pinball Timeshock! Demo | Dec. 98 |
Winter '98 (Japanese Import) | Dec. 98 |
Tomb Raider III/Legacy of Kain (Included on the Akuji game CD) | Jan. 99 |
Official PlayStation Magazine No. 17 | Jan. 99 |
NFL Gameday 99 | Unknown? |
NCAA Final Four 99 | Jan. 99 |
Eidos Demo CD Volume III | Jan. 99 |
Interactive CD Sampler Disk Volume 9 | Jan. 99 |
Monkey Hero | Jan. 99 |
Contender Demo CD | Jan. 99 |
Syphon Filter Demo CD | Feb. 99 |
Silent Hill Demo CD | Feb. 99 |
Official PlayStation Magazine No. 18 | Feb. 99 |
Eidos Demo CD Volume 4 | March 99 |
+Official PlayStation Magazine No. 19 | March 99 |
+Interactive CD Sampler volume 10 | March 99 |
+PlayStation Underground Volume 3 Issue 1 | March 99 |
+Warzone 2100/Legacy of Kain (Included on the Gex 3 game CD) | March 99 |
+Legend of Legaia Demo CD | March 99 |
+Shadow Madness Demo CD | March 99 |
To find out more information on these titles including contents, codes,
release information, and more don't forget to visit the PlayStation Demo
Zone web page at http://www2.dtc.net/~edison/pdz.html

Ronald Spillman

Apr 3, 1999, 3:00:00 AM4/3/99
Edison (mmma...@hotmail.com) wrote:
: PlayStation Demo Zone List v1.26 (last modified 3/26/99)
There was also a No One Can Stop Mr. Domino demo disc sent to
retailers (At least, the EB in the Columbus City Center had one;
gave it away with a bunch of other junk they wanted ot give out
a little before Christmas (I got it and Colony Wars Vengeance
demo, along with the CWV card deck...)
--
Ron Spillman
Too old to avoid paying taxes, too young to die.......

Eduardo Soliz

Apr 3, 1999, 3:00:00 AM4/3/99
On 2 Apr 1999 18:27:01 GMT, mmma...@hotmail.com (Edison) wrote:

> PlayStation Demo Zone List v1.26 (last modified 3/26/99)

Does anyone collect these things? I have a few lying around
that I'd like to get rid of (don't worry, I'm not interested in making
money off these things), e-mail if interested.
--
Eduardo Soliz - ed-s...@u-s-a.net - Remove dashes to reply
http://members.tripod.com/~EdSoliz

Not Sasquatch

Apr 3, 1999, 3:00:00 AM4/3/99
On Sat, 03 Apr 1999 17:27:30 GMT, this matter stream from
ed-s...@usa.net (Eduardo Soliz) appeareg:

>On 2 Apr 1999 18:27:01 GMT, mmma...@hotmail.com (Edison) wrote:
>

>> PlayStation Demo Zone List v1.26 (last modified 3/26/99)
>

> Does anyone collect these things? I have a few lying around
>that I'd like to get rid of (don't worry, I'm not interested in making
>money off these things), e-mail if interested.

What's wrong with you? You're supposed to spam the newsgroups with
links to your E-Bay auction, trying to pawn the things off as
"Super-Ultra-Hyper-Rare Must get Now!!!!!!!!" :)

Eduardo Soliz

Apr 5, 1999, 3:00:00 AM4/5/99
On Sat, 03 Apr 1999 21:41:11 GMT, nos...@unavailable.net (Not
Sasquatch) wrote:

>On Sat, 03 Apr 1999 17:27:30 GMT, this matter stream from
>ed-s...@usa.net (Eduardo Soliz) appeareg:
>
>>On 2 Apr 1999 18:27:01 GMT, mmma...@hotmail.com (Edison) wrote:
>>

>>> PlayStation Demo Zone List v1.26 (last modified 3/26/99)
>>

>> Does anyone collect these things? I have a few lying around
>>that I'd like to get rid of (don't worry, I'm not interested in making
>>money off these things), e-mail if interested.
>
>What's wrong with you? You're supposed to spam the newsgroups with
>links to your E-Bay auction, trying to pawn the things off as
>"Super-Ultra-Hyper-Rare Must get Now!!!!!!!!" :)

LOL...good joke, sad thing is, that approach would probably
work, but I'd rather earn my cash than scam off some poor newbie...