Turok 2: Whisper Talisman

Gary Bonilla

Jan 6, 1999, 3:00:00 AM1/6/99
Could someone tell me how to disable the forcefield that is blocking the warp
portal to the talisman chamber in the Hive of the Mantids. I'm getting real
frustrated with this any help would be appreciated.

( Sutaz )

Jan 7, 1999, 3:00:00 AM1/7/99
go up to the big tower with 4 doors. jump over to the big room. turn on
your map. look for the pillar in the middle of this room. on your map
there will be a green square on one side of the pillar. shoot it with
explosive ammo.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Su...@webtv.net

The Official ONEIROID PSYCHOSIS
Fan Club

See the creations of Lars and Leif
Hansen at Psychosis Laboratories

http://pw2.netcom.com/~psylabs/main.html
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

victor

Jan 7, 1999, 3:00:00 AM1/7/99
Im sorry but, I dont see a green square. maybe im so frustrated i cant see
it.
( Sutaz ) wrote in message
<11751-36...@newsd-134.iap.bryant.webtv.net>...

( Sutaz )

Jan 8, 1999, 3:00:00 AM1/8/99
well its there

Nazar Khan

Jan 8, 1999, 3:00:00 AM1/8/99
The istructions you gave us to find the Force Field generator is vague. The
description you give for the location is very generalized and matches a few
locations in this level, none of which have a green square to the side of a
central pilar. I did however find a green square in the center of a large
room with a central pilar, but nothing happened when I shot the green square
(and I shot it with everything ranging from the pistol to the Nuke). I
still fail to see what your refering too. Perhaps you can give us precise
directions starting from the force field.

Thanks in advance.

----------
In article <5892-369...@newsd-143.iap.bryant.webtv.net>,

( Sutaz )

Jan 8, 1999, 3:00:00 AM1/8/99
ok, 2nd time.

near the area of the feather, you will come to a ledge. in front of you,
beyond the ledge, is a tall tower with 4 holes, or windows, what ever.
to your left is a button on a wall and to the left of the button is the
force field blocking the passage way to the talisman chamber. from the
ledge, jump onto the moving platform that goes up to the tower. when you
get to the tower there are 4 points that will regenerate health and
ammo. anyhoo, turn right, go out the hole and jump over the one floating
platform and then jump over to a ledge with a doorway and walk into a
large room. TURN ON YOUR MAP. in the middle of this room there will be a
small pillar rising to the cieling. while standing in front of the
pillar, on the left side will be a small green square ON THE MAP. walk
in front of it until the little yellow arrow, you, is in front of the
green square ON THE MAP. take out your shredder or shotgun. switch to
the red explosive shells. put your finger on the controller's z-trigger
and squeeze with mild yet gentle pressure. boom. a fake wall will blow
up revealing a soldier insect guarding a force field generator.

hope that wasnt vague.

JonJohns65

Jan 14, 1999, 3:00:00 AM1/14/99
SUTAZ Expertly (but sarcastically) explained:

>ok, 2nd time.
>
>near the area of the feather, you will come to a ledge. in front of you,
>beyond the ledge, is a tall tower with 4 holes, or windows, what ever.
>to your left is a button on a wall and to the left of the button is the
>force field blocking the passage way to the talisman chamber. from the
>ledge, jump onto the moving platform that goes up to the tower. when you
>get to the tower there are 4 points that will regenerate health and
>ammo. anyhoo, turn right,

>>>Otherwise known as North?

go out the hole and jump over the one floating
>platform and then jump over to a ledge with a doorway and walk into a
>large room. TURN ON YOUR MAP. in the middle of this room there will be a
>small pillar rising to the cieling. while standing in front of the
>pillar, on the left side will be a small green square ON THE MAP.

>>> My map shows here a green line outlining the "Small Piller" with a GAP in
the line on the left side... This GAP can now be named: "SQUARE"..

If you look up in this spot, you will see a walkway, which is quite confusing,
because you might see the "GAP" or "SQUARE" on the map, and think is is the
Upper walkway,
But according to expert testimony, this GAP, or SQUARE is actually a camoflaged
door to a hidden room.

walk
>in front of it until the little yellow arrow, you, is in front of the
>green square ON THE MAP. take out your shredder or shotgun. switch to
>the red explosive shells. put your finger on the controller's z-trigger
>and squeeze with mild yet gentle pressure.

>>>Many of you may already have experience here....

boom. a fake wall will blow
>up revealing a soldier insect guarding a force field generator.
>
>hope that wasnt vague.

Not vague at all! If I knew you better, I would send you some money, because I
have given Prima Publishing $12.99 to help me through this game, and they
failed to properly describe this force field generator to me.

I bow to your superior gameplaying skills...

Your Kung-Fu is the Best!

**********************************
"...Pucker-up and kiss my ass, you son of a bitch!"
-Asst. Dir. W. Skinner
HTTP://www.geocities.com/~jon_johns
jon_...@geocities.com
**********************************

( Sutaz )

Jan 14, 1999, 3:00:00 AM1/14/99
sarcastic yes but it was meant to be light-hearted and not mean. if i
were mean, i would not take the time to help people.

prima is boasting about the zelda guide sales which i find funny because
they know their turok 2 guide is crap. i have seen about 5 guides and
BRADY GAMES has a very, very good turok 2 guide with numbers in the
paragraphs to match the spots on the map.

lets hope turok 3 will have more and smaller levels with more save
points.

razie...@gmail.com

Aug 3, 2018, 6:14:49 PM8/3/18
SUTAZ, well played and thank you kindly, even hit that damned pillar a few times but missed the spot. Eloquently and amusingly descriptive haha