Why Playstation Sucks, And Why It Will Never Defeat The Nintendo 64

Packers Fan

Jan 18, 1998, 3:00:00 AM1/18/98

Nintendo's brand name, and killer titles. Dorks like Jody McLean have
to continually flame the Nintendo groups in order to give themselves
some sense of security about their failing system. No wonder that
game enthusiasts are stereotyped as "geeks" in the media.

Wakko

Jan 18, 1998, 3:00:00 AM1/18/98

It seems that you are doing the same thing here in the Sony groups

Snakebert

Jan 18, 1998, 3:00:00 AM1/18/98

Packers Fan wrote:

> Why is it that you see Sony trolls who start flaming the Nintendo
> newsgroups, and who can't stand to hear anything positive about the
> Nintendo 64?

Actually you're helping out trolls by cross posting to both Nintendo &
Sony newsgroups.

(I won't name any names, but a certain individual with
> the initials JM come to mind) It's because that they know that the
> Playstation is going down, and that's their way of dealing with it.

> Normal people just go out, sell their Playstations toward Nintendo
> 64s.

Whaaaaa ? Normal people would never sell their Playstation to buy a N64.
I own a Nintendo 64 & I'm one of the few that are willing to admit that
it's been disappointing, save for a couple of excellent games. Maybe
Nintendo's failure with the Virtual boy is not their last ??? Time will
tell.

Maybe some mass psychological help is needed for a lot of people
> here.

Probably so but you'd be in that line too. Your very topic proves you
are out of reality, since it most definitely is not a fact that the
Playstation is going down. True, it will go down eventually but that can
be said of every game system ever invented.

Flame Thrower

Jan 18, 1998, 3:00:00 AM1/18/98

hey FUDGE Packer fan, how old are you?

I'm getting tired of all this shit you're posting about how the n64 is
better. Who the fuck are you kidding?

You're just like every other molested troll in
alt.games.video.nintendo-64, if your mommy or daddy didn't buy you a game
system, you wouldn't have anything to play with except yourself and
probably your friends' little friend.

To all the other molested trolls that talk shit about the PSX in nintendo
newsgroups, big deal about the games you have coming up in 1998. I'll bet
75% to 90% of them will be delayed till 1999.

Fuck Zelda64, M64-2, Banju Kazu whatever the fuck it is (is that what's so
attractive to the little kids, games with stupid names?), Yoshit Story,
Quest 64, Turok 2, F-Zero 64, and all those other 64 carts.

3 PSX games alone will bury every game n64 wants/hopes/prays to release in 98.
*Resident Evil 2 fuck all the RE clones, the original is always the best
*Metal Gear Solid will make everyone forget the limey named James Bond
(even all
the magazines are saying so and it's not even released yet)
*Parasite Eve

Here are some games you'll never EVER see!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
*Final Fantasy Tactics
*Tekken 3
*Xenogears
*Saga Frontier
*Einhander
*Lunar: the Silver Star Story
*Tactics Ogre
*Samurai Showdown RPG
*Suikoden 2
*Rebus
*Tales of Destiny
*Diablo
*Breath of Fire 3
*Tomba

You can take your Diddy A Play and shove it. I bet all you molested trolls
don't even know who that is. It just proves my point that you are all
prepubescent fools!

Marc

Jan 18, 1998, 3:00:00 AM1/18/98

Packers Fan wrote:

> Nintendo's brand name, and killer titles. Dorks like Jody McLean have
> to continually flame the Nintendo groups in order to give themselves
> some sense of security about their failing system. No wonder that
> game enthusiasts are stereotyped as "geeks" in the media.

And you think you're giving gamers a good name by posting your crap?
I'd like to know what intelligent N64 gamers think of you and your
idiotic posts.

Marc

Adrian

Jan 18, 1998, 3:00:00 AM1/18/98

In article <34c2a78a...@news.usit.net>, ve...@usit.net wrote:

> On Mon, 19 Jan 1998 00:15:27 GMT, (Packers Fan) wrote:
>
> >Why is it that you see Sony trolls who start flaming the Nintendo
> >newsgroups, and who can't stand to hear anything positive about the

> >Nintendo 64? (I won't name any names, but a certain individual with

> >the initials JM come to mind) It's because that they know that the
> >Playstation is going down, and that's their way of dealing with it.
> >Normal people just go out, sell their Playstations toward Nintendo

> >64s. Maybe some mass psychological help is needed for a lot of people
> >here.
>
> I don't know about trolls on the Nintendo newsgroup but this
> appears to be a Sony newsgroup and I see post after post of people
> saying Sony sucks. Since this is a Sony newsgroup, if you don't like
> Sony...LEAVE!
>
> -Billy
> ve...@usit.net

Ummmmmmm... this was crossposted to Nintendo newsgroups as well, next time
look at the crossposts before you open your damn pie hole.

--
Adrian
ANTI-SPAM NOTE: My return e-mail is a tad dislexic, and needs to be fixed

b man

Jan 18, 1998, 3:00:00 AM1/18/98

After finally being able to find his way out of his hole Packers Fan wrote
in message <34c29a62...@news.mindspring.com>...

>Why is it that you see Sony trolls who start flaming the Nintendo
>newsgroups, and who can't stand to hear anything positive about the
>Nintendo 64? (I won't name any names, but a certain individual with
>the initials JM come to mind) It's because that they know that the
>Playstation is going down, and that's their way of dealing with it.
>Normal people just go out, sell their Playstations toward Nintendo
>64s. Maybe some mass psychological help is needed for a lot of people
>here.

The way I see it, the only one around here that needs any kind of
"Psychological"("a big word"!) help is YOU!

We can see that from your posts!

B Man

b man

Jan 18, 1998, 3:00:00 AM1/18/98

After crawling out from under his rock. Our foul mouthed Packers Fan wrote
in message <34c29648...@news.mindspring.com>...

>Nintendo's brand name, and killer titles. Dorks like Jody McLean have
>to continually flame the Nintendo groups in order to give themselves
>some sense of security about their failing system. No wonder that
>game enthusiasts are stereotyped as "geeks" in the media.

Where do you get all this wonderful information?

I for one what to know where you got your facts to back up your words!

I haven't heard anyone being called a "geek" for playing video games! People
with computers yes, but not video games.

There's nothing wrong with either PSX or N64! The games for the systems may
need some work, but as far as systems go they are both pretty good machines!

You would know this if you would for once in your life pay attention and
stop harassing everyone!

You seem to be no better than the so-called trolls your crying about!

Maybe read your own posts and seen how meaningless your posts really are!

All we have seen from you is a lot of B.S.! Until you come clean no one will
take you seriously!

B Man

b man

Jan 18, 1998, 3:00:00 AM1/18/98

From: Packers Fan <packers@willhavemoresuperbowlwinsthananyoneelse>
Subject: Re: JODY MCLEAN IS A PIECE OF SHIT
Date: Sunday, January 18, 1998 7:09 PM

Earlier I talked about how the media stereotyped video game players as
"dorks." When you see people like Jody McLean, you understand
exactly. Now, that kid who opened gunfire on the prayer group in
Kentucky was described as a video game enthusiast by ABC News, a
"nerd." [is "Jody" a guy or a girl? That's a girl's name, but you
know how this pasttime is exclusively male, and I seriously doubt that
a girl would start system wars. Maybe this person's confused or
something]

Which is it gonna be now geeks or dorks? I have to know!

B Man

Unknown

Jan 19, 1998, 3:00:00 AM1/19/98

Billy Newlin

Jan 19, 1998, 3:00:00 AM1/19/98

On Mon, 19 Jan 1998 00:15:27 GMT, (Packers Fan) wrote:

I don't know about trolls on the Nintendo newsgroup but this

Kyle...just Kyle

Jan 19, 1998, 3:00:00 AM1/19/98

Packers Fan wrote in message <34c29648...@news.mindspring.com>...
>Nintendo's brand name, and killer titles. Dorks like Jody McLean have
>to continually flame the Nintendo groups in order to give themselves
>some sense of security about their failing system. No wonder that
>game enthusiasts are stereotyped as "geeks" in the media.

And morons like you have to continually flame the Sony newsgroups in order
to stroke your flaccid ego. No wonder that everyone considers you to be a
idiot.

Kyle...just Kyle

Jan 19, 1998, 3:00:00 AM1/19/98

Packers Fan wrote in message <34c29a62...@news.mindspring.com>...

>Why is it that you see Sony trolls who start flaming the Nintendo
>newsgroups, and who can't stand to hear anything positive about the
>Nintendo 64? (I won't name any names, but a certain individual with
>the initials JM come to mind) It's because that they know that the
>Playstation is going down, and that's their way of dealing with it.
>Normal people just go out, sell their Playstations toward Nintendo
>64s. Maybe some mass psychological help is needed for a lot of people
>here.

Why is it you feel the need to troll the Sony newsgroups? Is it because
you're full of shite and have some sort of personal vendetta on Jody McLean?

Kyle...just Kyle

Jan 19, 1998, 3:00:00 AM1/19/98

Snakebert wrote in message <34C2A59F...@nbnet.nb.ca>...

>Packers Fan wrote:
>>
>> Why is it that you see Sony trolls who start flaming the Nintendo
>> newsgroups, and who can't stand to hear anything positive about the
>> Nintendo 64?
>

>Actually you're helping out trolls by cross posting to both Nintendo &
>Sony newsgroups.

Most likely because he is a troll.

Kyle...just Kyle

Jan 19, 1998, 3:00:00 AM1/19/98

Billy Newlin wrote in message <34c2a78a...@news.usit.net>...

>On Mon, 19 Jan 1998 00:15:27 GMT, (Packers Fan) wrote:
>
>>Why is it that you see Sony trolls who start flaming the Nintendo
>>newsgroups, and who can't stand to hear anything positive about the

>>Nintendo 64? (I won't name any names, but a certain individual with
>>the initials JM come to mind) It's because that they know that the
>>Playstation is going down, and that's their way of dealing with it.
>>Normal people just go out, sell their Playstations toward Nintendo
>>64s. Maybe some mass psychological help is needed for a lot of people
>>here.
>

> I don't know about trolls on the Nintendo newsgroup but this
>appears to be a Sony newsgroup and I see post after post of people
>saying Sony sucks. Since this is a Sony newsgroup, if you don't like
>Sony...LEAVE!

This is being crossposted. Packers Fan is trolling the Sony newsgroup and
trying to involve the whole of the Nintendo newsgroup because trolls feel
safety in numbers.

Billy Newlin

Jan 19, 1998, 3:00:00 AM1/19/98

On Sun, 18 Jan 1998 18:01:17 -0800, t...@knilhtrae.2nairda (Adrian)
wrote:

>> On Mon, 19 Jan 1998 00:15:27 GMT, (Packers Fan) wrote:
>>
>> >Why is it that you see Sony trolls who start flaming the Nintendo
>> >newsgroups, and who can't stand to hear anything positive about the
>> >Nintendo 64? (I won't name any names, but a certain individual with
>> >the initials JM come to mind) It's because that they know that the
>> >Playstation is going down, and that's their way of dealing with it.
>> >Normal people just go out, sell their Playstations toward Nintendo
>> >64s. Maybe some mass psychological help is needed for a lot of people
>> >here.
>>
>> I don't know about trolls on the Nintendo newsgroup but this
>> appears to be a Sony newsgroup and I see post after post of people
>> saying Sony sucks. Since this is a Sony newsgroup, if you don't like
>> Sony...LEAVE!
>>

>> -Billy
>> ve...@usit.net
>
>Ummmmmmm... this was crossposted to Nintendo newsgroups as well, next time
>look at the crossposts before you open your damn pie hole.

But it shouldn't have been cross-posted. It was off topic for
this newsgroup. By the way, just noticing now but am I the only
one(with a few exceptions) who can have a conversation without
cursing? It's really impressive to see the fine art of conversation
drop to 'Fuck You' 'Oh yeah, well fuck you' 'No fuck you'. It takes
alot of intelligence to create such intricate dialogue. Try not to
strain too much while posting, you might pop a blood vessel.

-Billy
ve...@usit.net

John Black

Jan 19, 1998, 3:00:00 AM1/19/98

Why have I seen more flame wars than normal posts recently? Not only
here, but in the James Bond newsgroup, there is a N64 vs. PSX war.
These people are talking about game systems like religion. It's not
your honour, not your land, your freedom, your reputation, or your
family you are fighting so passionately about, it's a bunch of plastic
and silicon! This is to all the trolls who equate their game system
with their ego - GROW UP! Don't go trashing the other system if you
see something positive about the other system, and don't repond to
someone trashing your system, they just want to start a war. Both
systems rule, and as a N64 owner, I am glad that the PSX is doing
well, so the competition puts pressure on Nintendo to care about the
consumer - us! The PSX is the only reason N64 prices have come down,
and the N64 is the only reason PSX prices have come down. [I mean
software prices, although hardware should arrive shortly] There was a
bit here about game players being stereotyped as "nerds." Don't let
the trolls who fit this image to a T speak for the rest of us. Just
ignore them.

nomex

Jan 19, 1998, 3:00:00 AM1/19/98

>Maybe some mass psychological help is needed for a lot of people
>here.

You can start with yourself.

Craig Pickles

Jan 19, 1998, 3:00:00 AM1/19/98

Come on mate!.... just because of a technological advancement (it
happens all the time you know.... in this industry) the playstation
has been superceded (in hardware capability anyway) by the N64......
nearly three years later...... now why does that mean that the
playstation sucks... its still holding its own very well which is
something of an achievement I think? why......? come on..... be
sensible.... there some superb games on the playstation that I keep
going back to....... its a great machine (and so for that matter is my
sega megadrive, we still play multiplayer sonic and columns on it), I
think the sentence I am looking for here is ...... erm, ..... erm,

"GROW UP"

Oh and in a couple of years time, another console will appear that
will be technologically better than the N64........ so does that mean
the N64 will suck too then?

Craig

Michael Bahr

Jan 19, 1998, 3:00:00 AM1/19/98

Packers Fan wrote:

> Why is it that you see Sony trolls who start flaming the Nintendo
> newsgroups, and who can't stand to hear anything positive about the

You tell me... "Packers Fan". Enjoying the ride on that bandwagon
there? I bet you were a Cowboys fan in the early '90s. Admit it. :)

> Nintendo 64? (I won't name any names, but a certain individual with
> the initials JM come to mind) It's because that they know that the
> Playstation is going down, and that's their way of dealing with it.

Ah, ahem... I like playing my N64 as much as the next guy, but the PSX
has won the battle, the war, and everything else, point game and match.
PSX's worldwide share is around 85%, which is how things were for
Nintendo in the NES days of yore. In Japan, PSX pushes 90%; in the USA,
PSX software and systems outsold Nintendo 20 to 1 last Xmas season.

I even like my *Saturn* better than my Playstation, because the Saturn
versions of the Street Fighter games are superior, but one would have to
be an idiot wearing blinders to miss the utter dominance of the
Playstation right here and now.

--
- Mike Bahr / Prism Records
- durnik @ goodnet . com

b man

Jan 19, 1998, 3:00:00 AM1/19/98

What do you expect when this guy can't even remember what he said in his own
posts!

b man

Jan 19, 1998, 3:00:00 AM1/19/98

see what i mean!
From: b man <JONN...@bright.net>
Subject: Re: Why Playstation Sucks, And Why It Will Never Defeat The
Nintendo 64
Date: Sunday, January 18, 1998 9:15 PM

Packers Fan wrote in message <34c29648...@news.mindspring.com>...
>Nintendo's brand name, and killer titles. Dorks like Jody McLean have
>to continually flame the Nintendo groups in order to give themselves
>some sense of security about their failing system. No wonder that
>game enthusiasts are stereotyped as "geeks" in the media.

b man

Jan 19, 1998, 3:00:00 AM1/19/98

After crawling out from under a rock Packers Fan wrote in message

<34c29648...@news.mindspring.com>...
>Nintendo's brand name, and killer titles. Dorks like Jody McLean have
>to continually flame the Nintendo groups in order to give themselves
>some sense of security about their failing system. No wonder that
>game enthusiasts are stereotyped as "geeks" in the media.

Is it too early to give this idiot the asshole of the year award?

Jody McLean

Jan 19, 1998, 3:00:00 AM1/19/98

Packers Fan wrote in message <34c29648...@news.mindspring.com>...
>Nintendo's brand name, and killer titles.

Mostly the brand name.

Dorks like Jody McLean have
>to continually flame the Nintendo groups in order to give themselves
>some sense of security about their failing system.

I'd like to know your definition of 'failing'.

No wonder that
>game enthusiasts are stereotyped as "geeks" in the media.

You're the textbook definition!

Wess

Jan 19, 1998, 3:00:00 AM1/19/98

Packers Fan wrote:

> Why is it that you see Sony trolls who start flaming the Nintendo
> newsgroups, and who can't stand to hear anything positive about the
> Nintendo 64? (I won't name any names, but a certain individual with
> the initials JM come to mind) It's because that they know that the
> Playstation is going down, and that's their way of dealing with it.
> Normal people just go out, sell their Playstations toward Nintendo
> 64s. Maybe some mass psychological help is needed for a lot of people
> here.

Why is it that you see Nintendo trolls who start flaming the Sony
newsgroup, and who can't stand to hear anything postive about the Sony
Playstation? (I won't name names, but a certain individual with the
initial PF come to mine).

Do you know what a hypocrite is? Cause you sure fit that description
nicely.

Kev Benoit

Jan 19, 1998, 3:00:00 AM1/19/98

In article <34c309ec...@news.mindspring.com>, nospam@nospam (John
Black) wrote:

> Why have I seen more flame wars than normal posts recently? Not only
> here, but in the James Bond newsgroup, there is a N64 vs. PSX war.
> These people are talking about game systems like religion.

Well, I -for one- am Athiest, and I enjoy all gaming systems. I guess I
fall into that "gray Area" ! :)

It's not
> your honour, not your land, your freedom, your reputation, or your
> family you are fighting so passionately about, it's a bunch of plastic
> and silicon!

Good point!

This is to all the trolls who equate their game system
> with their ego - GROW UP! Don't go trashing the other system if you
> see something positive about the other system, and don't repond to
> someone trashing your system, they just want to start a war.

Exactly.

> Both
> systems rule, and as a N64 owner, I am glad that the PSX is doing
> well, so the competition puts pressure on Nintendo to care about the
> consumer - us!

Another good point.

The PSX is the only reason N64 prices have come down,
> and the N64 is the only reason PSX prices have come down. [I mean
> software prices, although hardware should arrive shortly] There was a
> bit here about game players being stereotyped as "nerds."

Well, it was a nerd who stereotyped us in the first place, and we're
dealing with him.

Don't let
> the trolls who fit this image to a T speak for the rest of us. Just
> ignore them.

While I agree that it would be better to ignore them, you gotta admit that
sometimes its just too damn much fun not too! Some people come on here
with rational, intelligent posts, which eventually get turned into
flame-wars by the many trolls that inhabit this NG. Other people come on
here with crazed psycho-babble which immediately starts a war. Either way,
you're gonna see a lot of fighting. There's not too much you can do about
it, but I admire you for speaking out, and setting an example.
Unfortunately, this post may create a flame-war (by no fault of your own),
thusly defeating its entire purpose! I've seen it happen. Anyway, happy
gaming all!

To reply via E-mail:
replace 'Kev' with 'benoitg'
&
replace 'FakeAddress' with 'cadvision'
"No Beer, and no TV makes Homer something something."
"Go Crazy?"
"Don't mind if I do!"

*Homer Simpson
Jack Nicholson Quotes
>"Quit selling Crazy, we're all stocked up here."

>"I'm an intelligent man. If you're not gonna say something interesting, just shut the hell up!"

>"I'm not gonna hurt ya, I'm just gonna bash your freakin head in"

Cloud

Jan 19, 1998, 3:00:00 AM1/19/98

I cant agree more! This news group realy SUCKS! Why does it suck? Cuz a few
brain dead a$$holes have to start $hit everytime they log on.. I only come
in here when I'm stuck on a game, I gave up comming in here everyday cuz
the IQ level in here is below sea level. I wish someone would start a
moderated psx ng.

Charles Doane

Jan 19, 1998, 3:00:00 AM1/19/98

Why don't *you* do it? I agree with the premise, there are too many off-topic
and flame-bait posts, but the reason there isn't a moderated newsgroup is
because nobody has the time to do it. Wish all you like, it won't happen.
Learn to seperate the chaff from the wheat, that's the only way to get any
useful grains of information from this newsgroup.

--
eppur si muove... 'and yet it does move'... Galileo,
after recanting his assertion of the Earth's motion.

Mary Jo DiBella

Jan 19, 1998, 3:00:00 AM1/19/98

b man wrote:

--snip--

> [is "Jody" a guy or a girl? That's a girl's name, but you
> know how this pasttime is exclusively male

--snip--

ummmmm excuse me? exclusively male?

Mary Jo

Jody McLean

Jan 19, 1998, 3:00:00 AM1/19/98

b man wrote in message <69uco0$4rf$1...@cletus.bright.net>...

>Earlier I talked about how the media stereotyped video game players as
>"dorks." When you see people like Jody McLean, you understand
>exactly.

You are not a very good judge of character.

Would you rather see me post 'N64 sux' or something that is so irrational
that it is almost unreadable? At least I post things that should concern
every N64 owner. Whether these people wish to cover their ears and sing a
little tune is not my concern (you reading this, Packer Fan?). What *is* my
concern is how sugar-coated this newsgroup is. If you never argue about
anything, what's the point? You get into a state of boredom like the Sony
newsgroup; which is in a state of flatness in terms of content.

Now, that kid who opened gunfire on the prayer group in
>Kentucky was described as a video game enthusiast by ABC News, a
>"nerd." [is "Jody" a guy or a girl? That's a girl's name, but you
>know how this pasttime is exclusively male, and I seriously doubt that
>a girl would start system wars. Maybe this person's confused or
>something]

For your information, I am a guy. Believe it or not, there are men called
Jody in this world. I forgive you for being insensitive.

>Which is it gonna be now geeks or dorks? I have to know!

How about all the above? Or who cares!

b man

Jan 19, 1998, 3:00:00 AM1/19/98

Tell them Mary Jo!

Tell this Clowns that there are more girls and women playing video games and
surfing the net than they think there are!

And are due more respect than they get!

B man

DaGoat

Jan 19, 1998, 3:00:00 AM1/19/98

After recently browsing through all the newwsgroups, I must say that I am
confused as to where one would post if they like BOTH systems! I mean, am
I the only one out there that has both systems? You people all have your
heads up each others asses so far you are too shallow to admit that both
systems have their plusses and downfalls. Trust me, if there was a
"perfect" system on the market, it would be the only one. Lighten up!! I
haven't seen intelligent conversation on these groups in months. Lets
look at the obvious now....

PS---- cheap (dropping to $99 in the upcoming month), huge game
selection, cheap games, wider support from companies for games, friendly
to the RPG enthusiast, etc....

N64---- superior games in quality, Zelda, family-oriented games, may also
have to drop to $99 to keep pace with Sony

Any comments? see ya

simon

Jan 19, 1998, 3:00:00 AM1/19/98

Billy Newlin wrote in message <34c2fc32...@news.usit.net>...
====

>>Ummmmmmm... this was crossposted to Nintendo newsgroups as well, next time
>>look at the crossposts before you open your damn pie hole.
>
> But it shouldn't have been cross-posted. It was off topic for
>this newsgroup. By the way, just noticing now but am I the only
>one(with a few exceptions) who can have a conversation without
>cursing? It's really impressive to see the fine art of conversation
>drop to 'Fuck You' 'Oh yeah, well fuck you' 'No fuck you'. It takes
>alot of intelligence to create such intricate dialogue. Try not to
>strain too much while posting, you might pop a blood vessel.

====
here, here i couldnt agree more, but everyone knows that in usenet if some
IDIOTS - definition of idiots being 11-14 year old n64 owners - dont have
anything better to do than cross post to many groups saying the psx is crap
then they can unfortunately

everyone has there own favourite console, whether the choice is perceived
right or wrong by others

were it not for the playstation we wouldnt have as diverse a video game
market

the release of the n64 it bought some much needed (at the time) competition
to the market which made this video game market affordable

since the video game market is now so affordable (thanks to the n64) it is
very viable to own the playstation AND the n64, because lets all be honest
there are KILLER games for both and more choice for the
playstation......besides all this 'buying a system just because it is by
________' is really quite sad - i am sure that a lot of playstation owners
didnt buy the machine just because it was by sony (after all sony were
unknown in the games market), unlike a lot of n64 owners

the reason i bought the playstation was :
loads and loads of great affordable games

the reason i bought the n64 was
mario 64 (at the time - it bores me now)
promise of yoshis story - i loved yoshis island
not many games at all but most of the nintendo games that come out are great

i bought the playstation on the day of release because of the diverse games
available in japan and the promised games.........but i still looked at the
n64 when that came out, i only recently bought one because of the drop in
price and because of the games available..........however much i love it
though i do prefer the playstation because of the number of games available
and no argument in the world could prove me wrong on that

--
from Simon Hutchinson
email : s....@easynet.co.uk

simon

Jan 19, 1998, 3:00:00 AM1/19/98

Packers Fan wrote in message <34c29a62...@news.mindspring.com>...
====

>Why is it that you see Sony trolls who start flaming the Nintendo
>newsgroups, and who can't stand to hear anything positive about the
>Nintendo 64? (I won't name any names, but a certain individual with
>the initials JM come to mind) It's because that they know that the
>Playstation is going down, and that's their way of dealing with it.
>Normal people just go out, sell their Playstations toward Nintendo
>64s. Maybe some mass psychological help is needed for a lot of people
>here.
====
sales have proved that the playstation ISNT going down but if it helps your
personal anguish to say that it is then we mature playstation owners can
fully understand

Per Svensson

Jan 19, 1998, 3:00:00 AM1/19/98

John Black wrote:

> Why have I seen more flame wars than normal posts recently? Not only
> here, but in the James Bond newsgroup, there is a N64 vs. PSX war.
> These people are talking about game systems like religion. It's not

> your honour, not your land, your freedom, your reputation, or your
> family you are fighting so passionately about, it's a bunch of plastic
> and silicon! This is to all the trolls who equate their game system

> with their ego - GROW UP! Don't go trashing the other system if you
> see something positive about the other system, and don't repond to
> someone trashing your system, they just want to start a war. Both

> systems rule, and as a N64 owner, I am glad that the PSX is doing
> well, so the competition puts pressure on Nintendo to care about the
> consumer - us! The PSX is the only reason N64 prices have come down,

> and the N64 is the only reason PSX prices have come down. [I mean
> software prices, although hardware should arrive shortly] There was a
> bit here about game players being stereotyped as "nerds." Don't let

> the trolls who fit this image to a T speak for the rest of us. Just
> ignore them.

WOOW!
This was just about the best thing ive read in a long time.
Its exactly how i feel.
Why do you have to own either a Psx or a N64??
I own both and i dont have to argue about wich systems the best.
Its just for fun, why cant everybody just chill out and enjoy their
games?? I read some postings by someone called "packersfan" (obviously
to afraid to use his real name and e-mail) and he (among others) are the
ones who make people think that Video gaming is just for kids.
I wish we all could get rid of those trolls...
/Per Svensson

Hardset Head

Jan 20, 1998, 3:00:00 AM1/20/98

net> <69tkoh$a...@freenet-news.carleton.ca>
<34c29648...@news.mindspring.com> <34c29a62...@news.mindspring.com> <34c309ec...@news.mindspring.com> <01bd2529$a3edcf00$3bd8aacc@default>:
Hitting random keys, "Cloud" spelled out:
: I cant agree more! This news group realy SUCKS! Why does it suck? Cuz a few

: brain dead a$$holes have to start $hit everytime they log on.. I only come
: in here when I'm stuck on a game, I gave up comming in here everyday cuz
: the IQ level in here is below sea level. I wish someone would start a
: moderated psx ng.

Actually..if there's ONE universal truth to the internet, it's that you
DON'T want a moderated newsgroup. 100 idiots spewing crap in the NG is
far better than a moderated NG. Moderated NG's have inherent flaws in
them, and usually lots of messages that the average Sony/Nintendo/Whatever
group reader wouldn't mind reading, get un-posted. Not to mention, a post
to a moderated newsgroup takes a painfully longer than usual time to post
than a regular newsgroup. In any case, better that the masses be free to
post garbage, then have rigid and restrictive rules on what goes/what
doesn't.
--
-----------------
psl...@nmia.com

Monte

Jan 20, 1998, 3:00:00 AM1/20/98

b man <JONN...@bright.net> wrote in article
<69vct9$e8g$1...@cletus.bright.net>...

> After crawling out from under a rock Packers Fan wrote in message
> <34c29648...@news.mindspring.com>...
> >Nintendo's brand name, and killer titles. Dorks like Jody McLean have

> >to continually flame the Nintendo groups in order to give themselves

> >some sense of security about their failing system. No wonder that

> >game enthusiasts are stereotyped as "geeks" in the media.
>

> Is it too early to give this idiot the asshole of the year award?
>

> Nope. I think he pretty much has that one locked up.

John Black

Jan 20, 1998, 3:00:00 AM1/20/98

>While I agree that it would be better to ignore them, you gotta admit that
>sometimes its just too damn much fun not too! Some people come on here
>with rational, intelligent posts, which eventually get turned into
>flame-wars by the many trolls that inhabit this NG. Other people come on
>here with crazed psycho-babble which immediately starts a war. Either way,
>you're gonna see a lot of fighting. There's not too much you can do about
>it, but I admire you for speaking out, and setting an example.
>Unfortunately, this post may create a flame-war (by no fault of your own),
>thusly defeating its entire purpose! I've seen it happen. Anyway, happy
>gaming all!

It's understandable when you see posts that say, "PEOPLE WHO OWN
SYSTEM X ARE MORONS" that you feel that you must respond. My drama
teacher says that "arguing with trolls just makes them worse", so I
recommend that you post with game questions, or other intelligent
stuff, and just read the posts that are about something. You can tell
if a post is flame-bait by it's author and/or subject line. Don't
read it. That's what I do. If I see flames, they piss me off [thus
achieving their purpose] and it's a gut nature to respond. So I don't
read them in the first place. Anyway, Kev, I appreciate your posts
and thoughts on this thing.

Craig Pickles

Jan 20, 1998, 3:00:00 AM1/20/98

>N64---- superior games in quality, Zelda, family-oriented games, may also
>have to drop to $99 to keep pace with Sony

EH? did you post this in a time warp??? first the N64 has zelda has
it..... has it? where is it? how do you know it will be superior?
come on...... once more people are basing thier thier judgment on
something nobody has played yet............ and I thought the price
drop of the nintendo has already happened........ well it has in
England.......

My family own both too... and I am very happy with them both...
especially goldeneye... and crash bandicoot 2 and rage racer is great
too.... and when I can find a cheap second hand one, we will have a
saturn too...... gamers heaven

Craig

Spectre

Jan 20, 1998, 3:00:00 AM1/20/98

On Sun, 18 Jan 1998 23:57:14 GMT,
cheeseheads@arethebestfootballfansintheworld (Packers Fan) wrote:

>Nintendo's brand name, and killer titles. Dorks like Jody McLean have
>to continually flame the Nintendo groups in order to give themselves
>some sense of security about their failing system. No wonder that
>game enthusiasts are stereotyped as "geeks" in the media.

Well, it looks like it's time to clear the air again.

You guys have to develop a little more global attitude about
platforms, games, etc. Platform systems are like all other constructs
in our society. They have a birth, slowly age, and then die. This
occurs to governments, political parties, corporations, operating
systems, virtually all of man's creations, whether conceptual or
physical.

If you create a timeline of platforms, you'll see that more have
already passed away then are in existence now. Where is the
ColecoVision today? What about the Commodore Amiga, or VIC-20 for that
matter? Anybody cutting new software for 3DO?

So, Nintendo64 owners have the edge in that their platform is the
youngest. This edge can be both good and bad, as young systems usually
have few wares. They'll catch up somewhat, as long as the cost to 3rd
party developers to create titles is kept manageable. And let's not
forget that this being such a new system, game designers haven't even
begun to wring the SGI graphics engine out.

PSX owners can rejoice in the large software catalog that they have,
and the deep discounting that is possible when media costs less than a
buck in quantity to produce. The PSX is three years old now, and has
established a strong presence in several genres.

Long after these systems have been eclipsed by newer platforms, people
will be playing Virtua Racing on their Sega Genesis, Donkey Kong
Country on their SNES, and yes, even M.U.L.E. on their Atari 800.

| Quotable:
| "There is no female Mozart because there is
| no female Jack the Ripper." - Camille Paglia
|
| Bob Lange - Warrior, Statesman, Educator, Sex Therapist
| rlan...@idt.net, robert...@idx.com
|
| ACv1.0 DUR4 STR5 BIT1 ACT1 DEF2 DEB2 CON1 SLM2 XTN3 PUB3

Packers Fan

Jan 20, 1998, 3:00:00 AM1/20/98

This guy needs to quit flaming the Nintendo newsgroups.

Jesse Dorland

Jan 20, 1998, 3:00:00 AM1/20/98

On or around Mon, 19 Jan 1998 23:15:55 -0500, a member of the Kuwaiti
Mafia, under the alias DaGoat <chor...@river.it.gvsu.edu>, was spotted
delivering the following message in discrete brown packaging to Lenny,
the funny-smelling guy on the pier:

>After recently browsing through all the newwsgroups, I must say that I am
>confused as to where one would post if they like BOTH systems! I mean, am
>I the only one out there that has both systems?

No, you're not. People that own both systems are still allowed to post
in the same threads as other people, but the catch is, we're liable to
receive flames from both sides. :-)

-Jesse

457 posts to alt.games.final-fantasy!

AGFF GOD OF FINAL FANTASY VI
-- and --
DEFENDER OF.... um... er.... THE DEFENDERS

Kyle...just Kyle

Jan 20, 1998, 3:00:00 AM1/20/98

Packers Fan wrote in message <34c4d8d...@news.mindspring.com>...

>This guy needs to quit flaming the Nintendo newsgroups.

You need to quit trolling the Sony newsgroups.

Funky

Jan 20, 1998, 3:00:00 AM1/20/98

I don't even own a Playstation, I just come here to read all the controversy!

Kev Benoit

Jan 20, 1998, 3:00:00 AM1/20/98

In article <34c4d8d...@news.mindspring.com>,
ithink@packerswillwinsuperbowlby100points (Packers Fan) wrote:

> This guy needs to quit flaming the Nintendo newsgroups.

And you need to quit flaming the Sony groups. You're such a fucking
hypocritical Troll. GET A LIFE LOSER!

John Black

Jan 20, 1998, 3:00:00 AM1/20/98

I only own a N64, I don't have much time for games, so that's why I
haven't considered buying a multiple systems, however, the PSX
definitely has it's advantages, and I'm glad it's doing well, because
competition benefits us. One post said it best, "Do you guys own
stock in Nintendo or Sony? You must, based on the wars I've seen."

Jonathan Keefe

Jan 20, 1998, 3:00:00 AM1/20/98

heh. I sold my N64 and bought a Playstation cuz i was frustrated that there were
hardly any good N64 games out, and the ones that were out were 80% crap. so
there. ;)

Jody McLean

Jan 20, 1998, 3:00:00 AM1/20/98

Packers Fan wrote in message <34c4d8d...@news.mindspring.com>...

>This guy needs to quit flaming the Nintendo newsgroups.

One thing we've learned from your messages is that you are familiar with the
word 'nerd'.

Jody McLean

Jan 20, 1998, 3:00:00 AM1/20/98

Packers Fan wrote in message <34c561e...@news.mindspring.com>...
>I'm just giving the PSX trolls a taste of their own medicine. If you
>don't like it, get those PSX morons to stop in the Nintendo groups.

How? By gagging us? So much for freedom of speech...

kwarlord

Jan 20, 1998, 3:00:00 AM1/20/98

Jody McLean wrote in message <6a3frl$6h...@dragon.sk.sympatico.ca>...

yeah, we all know that you hold that title this year.

Marc

Jan 20, 1998, 3:00:00 AM1/20/98

Kyle...just Kyle wrote:

> Packers Fan wrote in message <34c5684a...@news.mindspring.com>...
> >That explains the name! Jody must have been a girl, but had some
> >"sexual identity" crisis, then s[he] changed over! There are no guys
> >on this planet named "Jody". So, maybe this thing is like "Pat" on
> >Saturday Night Live a few years back.
>
> You're pushing it. There are times when you can take an insult too far and
> make yourself look like an idiot.

I think he cruised right past the idiot stage and is closing in on
galacticly stupid.

Marc

Unknown

Jan 21, 1998, 3:00:00 AM1/21/98

I'm just giving the PSX trolls a taste of their own medicine. If you
don't like it, get those PSX morons to stop in the Nintendo groups.

>actually he is quite funny to read, he obivously never reads any complaints
>about himself (as he doesnt subscribe to this ng).......he also never
>replies to any follow-ups of crap he has sent (again because he doesnt
>subscribe to this ng), even when people insult him, he is also a typical
>nintendite :
>packers fan is just in video games because nintendo are there, if nintendo
>were to go bankrupt tomorow i bet he would never play another video game in
>his useless life
>
>come on then packers fan reply!

Unknown

Jan 21, 1998, 3:00:00 AM1/21/98

D.Fraser

Jan 21, 1998, 3:00:00 AM1/21/98

> Why is it that you see Sony trolls who start flaming the Nintendo
> newsgroups, and who can't stand to hear anything positive about the
> Nintendo 64? (I won't name any names, but a certain individual with
> the initials JM come to mind)
Yes lets kill all those flamers! Oh no wait, then you would have to kill
yourself, you have become what you sought to conquer

It's because that they know that the
> Playstation is going down, and that's their way of dealing with it.
> Normal people just go out, sell their Playstations toward Nintendo
> 64s. Maybe some mass psychological help is needed for a lot of people
> here.
Isn't is funny to see all these posts? Never once have I seen a sales
figure supporting the N64, and more than 1 friend of mine has traded in
their N64 for a PSX, the bottomline is the PS is selling better than the
N64 but I won't begin to say which is better because I might just get
flamed by all those anti-flamers.

D.Fraser

Jan 21, 1998, 3:00:00 AM1/21/98

> Nintendo's brand name, and killer titles. Dorks like Jody McLean have
> to continually flame the Nintendo groups in order to give themselves
> some sense of security about their failing system.
Correct me if I am wrong, but you posted to a.g.v.s-p so you are doing the
same thing as this "dork" Jody McLean is, but hey, if you can't beat em
join em right?

>No wonder that game enthusiasts are stereotyped as "geeks" in the media.
The relevance of the above statement is not apparent to me, anyone?

John Black

Jan 21, 1998, 3:00:00 AM1/21/98

>Isn't is funny to see all these posts? Never once have I seen a sales
>figure supporting the N64, and more than 1 friend of mine has traded in
>their N64 for a PSX, the bottomline is the PS is selling better than the
>N64 but I won't begin to say which is better because I might just get
>flamed by all those anti-flamers.

Actually, sales figures have supported the N64 ever since it was
released in the US.

Billy Newlin

Jan 21, 1998, 3:00:00 AM1/21/98

We're talking about game systems and now you're knocking on
someone's name? Give me a break and please, PLEASE get a life. I
enjoy playing games. The system doesn't matter if the games are fun!
Someone a while back knocked on the TurboGrafx16 but I happened to
love Splatterhouse(I think that was it). I've also always enjoyed
mario games, especially the hidden levels on the all-stars game for
the SNES. But my all-time favorite video game would prolly be for the
Atari. They had some of the best games ever. Who cares about
graphics and sound and speed. It was FUN! So stop acting like this
is a matter of life and death. IT'S A GAME!!!

PS. I happen to be a Broncos fan and just for the record. I HOPE
THEY KICK THE SHIT OUT OF GREENBAY!!!

-Billy
ve...@usit.net

Kyle...just Kyle

Jan 21, 1998, 3:00:00 AM1/21/98

Packers Fan wrote in message <34c5684a...@news.mindspring.com>...

>That explains the name! Jody must have been a girl, but had some
>"sexual identity" crisis, then s[he] changed over! There are no guys
>on this planet named "Jody". So, maybe this thing is like "Pat" on
>Saturday Night Live a few years back.

You're pushing it. There are times when you can take an insult too far and

make yourself look like an idiot.

--------------------
PSX Unlimited News Editor
http://www.techline.com/~braun/
--
Digital Ages Mailbag Editor
http://www.digital-ages.com/

Jody McLean

Jan 21, 1998, 3:00:00 AM1/21/98

kwarlord wrote in message <6a3ugt$n7q$1...@news.cmc.net>...

>>>This guy needs to quit flaming the Nintendo newsgroups.
>>
>>One thing we've learned from your messages is that you are familiar with
>the
>>word 'nerd'.
>yeah, we all know that you hold that title this year.

You forgot 'Nyah, Nyah, Nyah, Nyah'.

Jody McLean

Jan 21, 1998, 3:00:00 AM1/21/98

Packers Fan wrote in message <34c5684a...@news.mindspring.com>...
>That explains the name! Jody must have been a girl, but had some
>"sexual identity" crisis, then s[he] changed over!

And I suppose you think people named Tracy are girls, too. Brilliant!

There are no guys
>on this planet named "Jody".

You can say this with full certainty. Another brilliant move.

Steve

Jan 21, 1998, 3:00:00 AM1/21/98

>John Black wrote:
>>
>> Why have I seen more flame wars than normal posts recently?

Oh my god, yes. Please, you guys, take back this newsgroup and make
it livable again. I haven't posted here in months because of all the
crap that is choking the whole group. And there is virtually nothing
worth reading anymore.

I just realized that this message is super-cross-posted. And as well
it should be. No doubt worthless messages are clogging all of these
other video game related groups as well.

Can't everyone abide by this simple rule?

** Don't post unless you ask a question or have something worthwhile
to say **

Thanks,
Skadar <--- who someday hopes to return to a nice newsgroup.
-----
Steve - ska...@JABBAntr.net
Please remove the JABBA from my email address to reply.
It may look stupid, but it really cuts down on the spam.

Juan

Jan 21, 1998, 3:00:00 AM1/21/98

No, you forgot one more 'Nyah'. Should be 5 you see - sounds wrong
otherwise. Hope that helps.

Juan :|

N64 - Playstation anti-apartheid movement

DeepT

Jan 21, 1998, 3:00:00 AM1/21/98

During sleep, Mary Jo DiBella mumbled...

> b man wrote:
>
> --snip--
> >
> > [is "Jody" a guy or a girl? That's a girl's name, but you
> > know how this pasttime is exclusively male
>
> --snip--
>
> ummmmm excuse me? exclusively male?
>
> Mary Jo

I think he really meant 'typically' male.

(I could get a few more good game hours if my gf liked games) :-(
| DeepT |
| <--thinking deeply... |
| |
| What we are dealing here is a total lack of respect for the law. |
| ------prodigy |
|__________________________________________________________________|

Kyle...just Kyle

Jan 21, 1998, 3:00:00 AM1/21/98

Packers Fan wrote in message <34c561e...@news.mindspring.com>...

>I'm just giving the PSX trolls a taste of their own medicine. If you
>don't like it, get those PSX morons to stop in the Nintendo groups.

A troll is a troll is a troll. Doesn't matter how you cut it, you still
look as moronic.

Did you ever consider that your inflammatory posts to the Sony NGs are
causing PSX troll recruits to go up?

>>actually he is quite funny to read, he obivously never reads any
complaints
>>about himself (as he doesnt subscribe to this ng).......he also never
>>replies to any follow-ups of crap he has sent (again because he doesnt
>>subscribe to this ng), even when people insult him, he is also a typical
>>nintendite :
>>packers fan is just in video games because nintendo are there, if nintendo
>>were to go bankrupt tomorow i bet he would never play another video game
in
>>his useless life
>>
>>come on then packers fan reply!

--------------------

Ron Jeremy

Jan 21, 1998, 3:00:00 AM1/21/98

WHO THE FUCK CARES???????????????????????????????????

Jeff Sobieraj

Jan 21, 1998, 3:00:00 AM1/21/98

ithink@packerswillwinsuperbowlby100points (Packers Fan) wrote:

> This guy needs to quit flaming the Nintendo newsgroups.

to Packers Fan,

You are a big fag! Nobody likes you. You and your Nintendo 64 both
suck! I'm not the nerd here fatboy, its you and little Mario.
You are just and gay as that gay kid who SAYS he is from England.
(Juan)

Ron Jeremy

Jan 21, 1998, 3:00:00 AM1/21/98

b man wrote:
> After crawling out from under his rock. Our foul mouthed Packers Fan wrote
> in message <34c29648...@news.mindspring.com>...

> >Nintendo's brand name, and killer titles. Dorks like Jody McLean have
> >to continually flame the Nintendo groups in order to give themselves
> >some sense of security about their failing system. No wonder that

> >game enthusiasts are stereotyped as "geeks" in the media.
> >

> Where do you get all this wonderful information?
>
> I for one what to know where you got your facts to back up your words!
>
> I haven't heard anyone being called a "geek" for playing video games! People
> with computers yes, but not video games.
>
> There's nothing wrong with either PSX or N64! The games for the systems may
> need some work, but as far as systems go they are both pretty good machines!
>
> You would know this if you would for once in your life pay attention and
> stop harassing everyone!
>
> You seem to be no better than the so-called trolls your crying about!
>
> Maybe read your own posts and seen how meaningless your posts really are!
>
> All we have seen from you is a lot of B.S.! Until you come clean no one will
> take you seriously!
>
> B Man

Does anybody really give a RAT'S FLYING HAIRY FUCKING ASS??????????????
Get a LIFE! WHO THE FUCK REALLY CARES??????????

[slam send button]

Kyle...just Kyle

Jan 21, 1998, 3:00:00 AM1/21/98

Jeff Sobieraj wrote in message <6a5lrv$5as$1...@antares.en.com>...

Yes. That makes you look quite mature compared to him.

Darien Allen

Jan 21, 1998, 3:00:00 AM1/21/98

On Wed, 21 Jan 1998 15:25:38 -0800, Ron Jeremy <ki...@my.ass.com>
wrote:

All the intelligent people where.....which at last count didn't
include you.

-----------------------------
Darien Allen

Reviewer, PSX Unlimited
http://www.techline.com/~braun/

Mailbag Editor, Digital Ages
http://www.digital-ages.com

ICQ-2927081
Remove NOSPAM to reply

"To fear me....is to fear death itself..."
-----------------------------

Captain Calzone

Jan 21, 1998, 3:00:00 AM1/21/98

"Jody McLean" <jmc...@sk.sympatico.ca> wrote:

OK, it's official. I want a petition to get Mark David and Charles
Miller flaming each other again. This "Packers Fan/Jody McLean" stuff
is just silly and very repetitious and boring. I want some
INTERESTING flame wars, dammit! Hell, let's bring back Nobody,
Packer's Fan is total crap...
----------------------
Captain Calzone
Fired from PSi
1 down, the net to go!!
----------------------
"There is nothing in the fine print that says "idiots get hurt!"
I'm gonna sue!!!!"

Kyle...just Kyle

Jan 21, 1998, 3:00:00 AM1/21/98

Captain Calzone wrote in message <34c6627c.7157531@news-server>...

>"Jody McLean" <jmc...@sk.sympatico.ca> wrote:
>

>>Packers Fan wrote in message <34c5684a...@news.mindspring.com>...
>>>That explains the name! Jody must have been a girl, but had some
>>>"sexual identity" crisis, then s[he] changed over!
>>
>>And I suppose you think people named Tracy are girls, too. Brilliant!
>>
>> There are no guys
>>>on this planet named "Jody".
>>
>>You can say this with full certainty. Another brilliant move.
>>

>OK, it's official. I want a petition to get Mark David and Charles
>Miller flaming each other again. This "Packers Fan/Jody McLean" stuff
>is just silly and very repetitious and boring. I want some
>INTERESTING flame wars, dammit! Hell, let's bring back Nobody,
>Packer's Fan is total crap...

Maybe we could just combine and teach Packers Fan and Jody McLean how to
flame. Then we could see some more interesting flames.

Kyle...just Kyle

Jan 21, 1998, 3:00:00 AM1/21/98

Ron Jeremy wrote in message <34C686...@my.ass.com>...
>b man wrote:
>> After crawling out from under his rock. Our foul mouthed Packers Fan
wrote

You're not doing a lot for your cause by making yourself out to be a psycho
moron.

simon

Jan 21, 1998, 3:00:00 AM1/21/98

Packers Fan wrote in message <34c561e...@news.mindspring.com>...
====

>I'm just giving the PSX trolls a taste of their own medicine. If you
>don't like it, get those PSX morons to stop in the Nintendo groups.

====

>>actually he is quite funny to read, he obivously never reads any
complaints
>>about himself (as he doesnt subscribe to this ng).......he also never
>>replies to any follow-ups of crap he has sent (again because he doesnt
>>subscribe to this ng), even when people insult him, he is also a typical
>>nintendite :
>>packers fan is just in video games because nintendo are there, if nintendo
>>were to go bankrupt tomorow i bet he would never play another video game
in
>>his useless life
>>
>>come on then packers fan reply!
====
well........it was me who posted the above, the reason being that i dont
care about you or jody mcclean or jeff soberaj, as far as i have seen it was
YOU who crossposted to the playstation groups FIRST....

although i take exception to your reply, i am not a PSX MORON, i am a true
video games fan and in no way insulted nintendo in the above post, i
insulted YOU............

and i still stand by what i said, when i look at what you have
written....here are the subject lines of recent posts by him (out of
alt.games.video.sony-playstation.faqs) :

"Why Playstation Sucks, And Why It Will Never Defeat The Nintendo 64"
"It's a fact: Playstation is going down, Nintendo 64 reigns supreme!!!"
"JEFF SOBERAJ IS A NERD"
"All you Sony trash have is Tekken!"
"Jody McLean and Jeff Soberaj are a trolls with no lives"
"JODY MCLEAN IS A RECENT SEX CHANGE OPERATION PATIENT"

if that isnt trolling psx groups then i dont know what is.........from what
i have seen, the arguments AGAINST the n64 have mostly been true - ie not
enough games etc
EVEN AS AN N64 OWNER I AGREE WITH THE ABOVE

but also as a playstation owner (and an avid/experienced games player, who
has been playing video games since i was 6) i think that it is the better
machine, and i can come up with good arguments against anyone who says
otherwise

packers fan cant even come up with any believable arguments against what
people say, all he ever does is resort to mindless name-calling (as the
subject lines show)

unless he (or ANYONE) can come up with any decent arguments about WHY the
n64 is better than the playstation - and not just because it is by
nintendo - then could this thread end?

--
from Simon Hutchinson
email : s....@easynet.co.uk

zman

Jan 21, 1998, 3:00:00 AM1/21/98

>Over 80% of the sales are from sissie girls who don't know what to buy

Dave Laird

Jan 21, 1998, 3:00:00 AM1/21/98

Hieu wrote ...
> Saaay, I think you've hit on a game idea--"Flamer Rancher!"
>Stick in any CD and see what kind of flaming troll you get; feed'em an
>AOL "nut" to see it spew words like "rulz" "sux" and "sorry
>gaystation." Watch as it recklessly hops from ranch to ranch dropping
>its flaming turd bombs. Nurture it under its bridge but be careful,
>don't feed it any facts or it'll lash out vociferously in denial.
> Better copyright your idea, now, Kyle, before Acclaim gets a
>hold of it and adds crappy graphics and a cheesy soundtrack.

Why not develop this idea even further and start making...

Trollagotchi!

Little electronic keyring trolls you can have your own flamewars
with.

And if you ignore them they just die.
--
The Lard Man

Bluebear

Jan 21, 1998, 3:00:00 AM1/21/98

In article <34c6627c.7157531@news-server>, cap...@maine.rr.com wrote:

>OK, it's official. I want a petition to get Mark David and Charles
>Miller flaming each other again. This "Packers Fan/Jody McLean" stuff
>is just silly and very repetitious and boring. I want some
>INTERESTING flame wars, dammit! Hell, let's bring back Nobody,
>Packer's Fan is total crap...

Agreed...
Ah well, at least we have this idiot's email and domain... how long did it
take to get that out of Nobody?
:)

===+==+==+==+==+==+==+==+==+==+==+==+===
From the cave of Bluebear
Comp Sci Major
Cornell University

The best things in life are free...
but really good video games go
for around 50 bucks a pop.
===+==+==+==+==+==+==+==+==+==+==+==+===
to reply, remove no.spam. from address

Darien Allen

Jan 22, 1998, 3:00:00 AM1/22/98

And the holy hosts all joined in as Marc <BASS...@postoffice.att.net>
gifted us with these words:

>Kyle...just Kyle wrote:
>>
>> Packers Fan wrote in message <34c5684a...@news.mindspring.com>...
>> >That explains the name! Jody must have been a girl, but had some

>> >"sexual identity" crisis, then s[he] changed over! There are no guys
>> >on this planet named "Jody". So, maybe this thing is like "Pat" on
>> >Saturday Night Live a few years back.
>>
>> You're pushing it. There are times when you can take an insult too far and
>> make yourself look like an idiot.
>

>I think he cruised right past the idiot stage and is closing in on
>galacticly stupid.

That's a good one...
-----------------------------
Darien Allen
PSX Unlimited * Digital Ages * Playstation Interactive
http://www.techline.com/~braun/ * http://www.digital-ages.com * http://psi.simplenet.com

Darien Allen

Jan 22, 1998, 3:00:00 AM1/22/98

And the holy hosts all joined in as cap...@maine.rr.com (Captain
Calzone) gifted us with these words:

>OK, it's official. I want a petition to get Mark David and Charles
>Miller flaming each other again. This "Packers Fan/Jody McLean" stuff
>is just silly and very repetitious and boring. I want some
>INTERESTING flame wars, dammit! Hell, let's bring back Nobody,
>Packer's Fan is total crap...

At least OUR flames are on topic. ;)

Kyle...just Kyle

Jan 22, 1998, 3:00:00 AM1/22/98

Hieu wrote in message <34c66e42...@nntp.ix.netcom.com>...

>On Wed, 21 Jan 1998 17:45:06 -0500, "Kyle...just Kyle"
><hy...@columbia.edu> wrote:
>
>>Captain Calzone wrote in message <34c6627c.7157531@news-server>...
>

>>>OK, it's official. I want a petition to get Mark David and Charles
>>>Miller flaming each other again. This "Packers Fan/Jody McLean" stuff
>>>is just silly and very repetitious and boring. I want some
>>>INTERESTING flame wars, dammit! Hell, let's bring back Nobody,
>>>Packer's Fan is total crap...
>>

>>Maybe we could just combine and teach Packers Fan and Jody McLean how to
>>flame. Then we could see some more interesting flames.
>

> Saaay, I think you've hit on a game idea--"Flamer Rancher!"
>Stick in any CD and see what kind of flaming troll you get; feed'em an
>AOL "nut" to see it spew words like "rulz" "sux" and "sorry
>gaystation." Watch as it recklessly hops from ranch to ranch dropping
>its flaming turd bombs. Nurture it under its bridge but be careful,
>don't feed it any facts or it'll lash out vociferously in denial.
> Better copyright your idea, now, Kyle, before Acclaim gets a
>hold of it and adds crappy graphics and a cheesy soundtrack.

Now there's an interesting idea...maybe I could use it for my semester
programming project...what CD would produce trolls like Mark David and
Nobody's Perfect though? We need these special hidden flamers :)

Billy Newlin

Jan 22, 1998, 3:00:00 AM1/22/98

On Wed, 21 Jan 1998 23:58:15 -0800, "Dave Laird"
<lai...@tetraworld.com> wrote:

>Hieu wrote ...

>> Saaay, I think you've hit on a game idea--"Flamer Rancher!"
>>Stick in any CD and see what kind of flaming troll you get; feed'em an
>>AOL "nut" to see it spew words like "rulz" "sux" and "sorry
>>gaystation." Watch as it recklessly hops from ranch to ranch dropping
>>its flaming turd bombs. Nurture it under its bridge but be careful,
>>don't feed it any facts or it'll lash out vociferously in denial.
>> Better copyright your idea, now, Kyle, before Acclaim gets a
>>hold of it and adds crappy graphics and a cheesy soundtrack.
>

>Why not develop this idea even further and start making...
>
>Trollagotchi!
>
>Little electronic keyring trolls you can have your own flamewars
>with.
>
>And if you ignore them they just die.

I LOVE IT! :) Instead of having to play games you'd have to
argue with them a certain amount everyday :P And of course you'd have
to feed them SHIT! to keep 'em full of it!

-Billy
ve...@usit.net

Mark Hendren

Jan 22, 1998, 3:00:00 AM1/22/98

<lai...@tetraworld.com> wrote:

>Hieu wrote ...
>> Saaay, I think you've hit on a game idea--"Flamer Rancher!"
>>Stick in any CD and see what kind of flaming troll you get; feed'em an

>Why not develop this idea even further and start making...
>
>Trollagotchi!

I believe we're on to something here... :)

Darien Allen

Jan 22, 1998, 3:00:00 AM1/22/98

On Wed, 21 Jan 1998 19:00:04 -0800, zman <f...@2xtreme.net> wrote:

>Over 80% of the sales are from sissie girls who don't know what to buy

That's 2 people.

-----------------------------
Darien Allen

Reviewer, PSX Unlimited
http://www.techline.com/~braun/

Mailbag Editor, Digital Ages
http://www.digital-ages.com

ICQ-2927081

Hardset Head

Jan 22, 1998, 3:00:00 AM1/22/98

9a62.2...@news.mindspring.com> <34c309ec...@news.mindspring.com> <Kev-190198...@ts15ip62.cadvision.com> <34c437ec...@news.mindspring.com> <34c4d93...@news.mindspring.com> <34c8e2e9...@news.earthlink.net> <Kev-200198141217000

1...@ts42ip251.cadvision.com> <6a3csh$hm2$1...@apple.news.easynet.net> <34c561e...@news.mindspring.com> <34c5684a...@news.mindspring.com> <6a4til$6p...@dragon.sk.sympatico.ca> <34c6627c.7157531@news-server> <6a5tnf$a0u$1...@apakabar.cc.columbia.edu> <34c6

6e42.1...@nntp.ix.netcom.com> <6a6no5$o8o$1...@apakabar.cc.columbia.edu>:
Hitting random keys, "Kyle...just Kyle" spelled out:
: programming project...what CD would produce trolls like Mark David and
: Nobody's Perfect though?

The cheezier, the better the flamer you raise. Thus, Barry Manilow's
greatest hits, for example, would produce something near Packers Fan.
--
-----------------
psl...@nmia.com
"Well, you know what they say! Dames are like mustard. They taste great
on a sandwich, but when you're not eating a sandwich they just sit there
in your refridgerator.....on a shelf......in a jar.......labelled
'mustard'" -Space Ghost

Have a nice day!

Jan 22, 1998, 3:00:00 AM1/22/98

In a fit of remarkable bravery, jgng...@juno.com (Hieu) decided once
and for all to come clean, and shouted out loud with utmost sincerity
for all the world to hear:

> Saaay, I think you've hit on a game idea--"Flamer Rancher!"
>Stick in any CD and see what kind of flaming troll you get; feed'em an

>AOL "nut" to see it spew words like "rulz" "sux" and "sorry
>gaystation." Watch as it recklessly hops from ranch to ranch dropping
>its flaming turd bombs. Nurture it under its bridge but be careful,
>don't feed it any facts or it'll lash out vociferously in denial.

Wow. I mean... wow. More inspired words I have never heard. And
more intelligent phrasing I have rarely heard, at least in this
newsgroup. Satire at its finest.
-------
Inter caecos regnat luscus.

This message brought to you by Greeze...
Remove ANTISPAM to reply.

Captain Calzone

Jan 22, 1998, 3:00:00 AM1/22/98

"Kyle...just Kyle" <hy...@columbia.edu> wrote:

>Maybe we could just combine and teach Packers Fan and Jody McLean how to
>flame. Then we could see some more interesting flames.

Nah, I really don't think it is worth it. Trolls are born, not
taught. I tried to teach my dog how to be a troll by showing her some
of Nobody's greatest hits, and she puked all over it. I think there
is a lesson in this for us all.

Captain Calzone

Jan 22, 1998, 3:00:00 AM1/22/98

"Dave Laird" <lai...@tetraworld.com> wrote:

>Why not develop this idea even further and start making...
>
>Trollagotchi!
>

>Little electronic keyring trolls you can have your own flamewars
>with.
>
>And if you ignore them they just die.

I like this... instead of feeding them and putting them to bed, you
have a little button for different company slogans and curse words.
Every once in a while you hit the button for a curse word and it spews
a Packers Fan/AOL trash flame, and if you hit the company line button
it spews Nobody style flames! The best part is that they are totally
disposable and biodegradable, since they are made of shit! Just toss
them down the loo and FLUSH! In fact, we might be on to a serious
money making plan, since people could easily get addicted to flushing
Mark David and the like down the crapper! I can see it now...

"Hey, I'd like to buy 13 more Mark David Trollagotchis!"
"That puts you over 100 for this week alone!"
"Well, man, I just ya know, wanna flush him a few more time... just
one more time! Look at my hands, man! I'm OK, just hand over the
Trollagotchi!"

Billy Newlin

Jan 22, 1998, 3:00:00 AM1/22/98

>On Wed, 21 Jan 1998 19:00:04 -0800, zman <f...@2xtreme.net> wrote:
>
>>Over 80% of the sales are from sissie girls who don't know what to buy

Are you living in the 1800's or what? Wake up PLEASE! Has no
one told you yet that girls don't have cooties? And I'll bet my PSX
that my fiance could beat the **** out of you so don't go stereotyping
women. Let me guess, you're single, alone, and will be for the rest
of your life with an attitude like that.

-Billy
ve...@usit.net

Dogbert

Jan 22, 1998, 3:00:00 AM1/22/98
What are you talking about? That fucking N64 can't make crap! What the hell are with these sequels? Yoshi Island 2? LOL
N64 is worshipping Sony right now. EGM rated Sony better and it's obivous! I've been to stores around Christmas and everyone was buying Sony! No one was buying a single N64 shit crap. So all you Nintendo fans go home before your ass gets kicked even more

Lan

Jan 22, 1998, 3:00:00 AM1/22/98

Dogbert wrote:

> What are you talking about? That fucking N64 can't make crap!

You're right.It is kinda hard for a system to make games.Usually people
make the games.

>What the hell are with these sequels? Yoshi Island 2? LOL

What is wrong with sequels?The PSX has tons like Final Fantasy 7,
Resident Evil 2, Breath of Fire 3, Tomb Raider 2, Crash Bandicoot 2,
Pandemonium 2,etc.

> N64 is worshipping Sony right now.

No they are making what quite possibly be the greatest game of all
time....Zelda.

>EGM rated Sony better and it's obivous!
>I've been to stores around Christmas and everyone was buying
> Sony! No one was buying a single N64 shit crap. So all you Nintendo
> fans go home before your ass gets kicked even more

What matters what sells more? Do you think the Genesis is better then
the SNES because it sold more?

Kyle...just Kyle

Jan 22, 1998, 3:00:00 AM1/22/98

Dogbert wrote in message ...
>What are you talking about? That fucking N64 can't make crap! What the

hell are with >these sequels? Yoshi Island 2? LOL

>N64 is worshipping Sony right now. EGM rated Sony better and it's

obivous! I've been to >stores around Christmas and everyone was buying Sony!
No one was buying a single >N64 shit crap. So all you Nintendo fans go home
before your ass gets kicked even more

I'd care more if you hadn't written your message in huge green letters.
As it is I think your idiocy is fairly evident.

Heffer Wolf

Jan 22, 1998, 3:00:00 AM1/22/98

Your're Right!

Heffer

Lan wrote in message <34C7EE...@None.com>...

>Dogbert wrote:
>>
>> What are you talking about? That fucking N64 can't make crap!
>

>You're right.It is kinda hard for a system to make games.Usually people
>make the games.
>

>>What the hell are with these sequels? Yoshi Island 2? LOL
>

>What is wrong with sequels?The PSX has tons like Final Fantasy 7,
>Resident Evil 2, Breath of Fire 3, Tomb Raider 2, Crash Bandicoot 2,
>Pandemonium 2,etc.
>

>> N64 is worshipping Sony right now.
>

>No they are making what quite possibly be the greatest game of all
>time....Zelda.
>

>>EGM rated Sony better and it's obivous!
>>I've been to stores around Christmas and everyone was buying
>> Sony! No one was buying a single N64 shit crap. So all you Nintendo
>> fans go home before your ass gets kicked even more

Jody McLean

Jan 22, 1998, 3:00:00 AM1/22/98

Dave Laird wrote

>Why not develop this idea even further and start making...
>
>Trollagotchi!

I have an idea, too! Why not...

kill this pathetic excuse of a thread?

b man

Jan 22, 1998, 3:00:00 AM1/22/98

<uuLCw84...@upnetnews02.moswest.msn.net>
<6a8r8n$3ba$1...@apakabar.cc.columbia.edu>:

>: Dogbert wrote in message ...
>: >N64 is worshipping Sony right now. EGM rated Sony better and it's
>: obivous!
>
>I'll bet Nintendo is really "shaking in their boots" because EGM rated
>Sony better. You know when EGM says something <sarcasm on> IT'S TRUE!!!!
><sarcasm off> You should mail Nintendo's "big-wigs" and tell them that
>they should close down Nintendo, go out of business, etc....and see what
>kind of response you get. I still don't understand this dumb attitude
>towards the N64 when it hasn't been out nearly as long as the PS.
>--

B adds

There are a lot of us asking the same as you as to why there is this "dumb
Attitude" towards the many game systems.

I don't think these people realize that they are showing off their own
stupidity rather than proving any valid points!

I started playing because I enjoyed the games not because I liked one system
over the other!

Sooner these people start enjoying themselves the sooner the lame posts will
stop!

Either that or we might get lucky and they'll come to their senses!

Melanie J Egan

Jan 22, 1998, 3:00:00 AM1/22/98
First of all, stop smoking what ever the hell you're on.
second, make your font normal and in black color so people wil ltake you seriously
third, if you are gonna combo cuss, atleast make sense, "shit crap"? isn't that the same thing?
fourth, WHAT ARE YOU TALKING BOUT!  Sony has its share of bad games,: Mk3 for example, sucked, loading killed the mood.
Fifth! NEVER DEFACE DOGBERTS NAME!!  :P

Hardset Head

Billy Newlin

Jan 23, 1998, 3:00:00 AM1/23/98

This pathetic excuse of a thread has more intelligence iand is
alot more interesting and entertaining than you'll ever be. Any
'reason' you state for the N64 sucking is just your opinion and yet
you call it fact. I'll have you know I used to play both the SNES and
the Genesis evenly and I'm NOT lying. I'd play MK on Genesis and
Mario World and Zelda 3 on the SNES. I played them evenly.
fact...gimme a break

-Billy
ve...@usit.net

simon

Jan 23, 1998, 3:00:00 AM1/23/98

Lan wrote in message <34C7EE...@None.com>...
====

>Dogbert wrote:
>>
>> What are you talking about? That fucking N64 can't make crap!
>
>You're right.It is kinda hard for a system to make games.Usually people
>make the games.
>
>>What the hell are with these sequels? Yoshi Island 2? LOL
>
>What is wrong with sequels?The PSX has tons like Final Fantasy 7,
>Resident Evil 2, Breath of Fire 3, Tomb Raider 2, Crash Bandicoot 2,
>Pandemonium 2,etc.

====
yeah and when the sequels come out for the playstation (obviously with
exceptions they are better than the prequel, read this (taken from gamefan
online) :

"What with all this excitement about 32-bit/64-bit gaming, I decided to put
Nintendo under a hot, interrogation spot-light, and really test the quality
of the games compared to the older 16-bit versions."
"I recently purchased Yoshi’s Story (N64) and have been plodding along,
enjoying the phenomenal visuals and pleasant music, but I couldn’t help
thinking that something was missing. The old Mario-platforming gameplay just
didn’t seem the same.
So whilst out on a shopping spree with Shidoshi and Waka, I decided to look
over some of the older Super Famicom titles at a large video games retailer,
only to be confronted by Yoshi’s Island. Now then, this was a title I never
got round to buying, and although I am ashamed to admit it, I never actually
played it either! So I parted with $35 and got the Famicom version, and
trundled back to GFO."
"I dug out my S.Famicom (my favorite system, by the way!), and plugged it
in. Straight away I new I was in for something very special. The nostalgia
seared through my veins, as the cute music and graphics melted my nervous
system. How could the N64 version be so different? So inferior. So…. Argh..
The 16-bit Yoshi’s Island was a magnificent triumph for game design, game
play and overall game enjoyment. I could not believe the difference in
excitement and pleasure that I experienced. If only the new, younger version
had half of the cool features of it’s older counterpart, I would have been
more than happy."
"Alas, is was not to be. I wish people wouldn’t get carried away with
renders, special effects, simplified game mechanics, etc. at the expense of
what could have been a truly great classic of our time. <sigh> Still, don’t
get me wrong, N64 Yoshi is still cool, but there is a lesson to be learnt
here. And that would be "new is not necessarily better".
PS - This is only a retro viewpoint merely stating that old games still rock
the house."

this is actually my view, as well as feeling the same about mario kart and
starfox and killer instinct and bomberman......
fair enough the graphics may be amazing on the new version but the gameplay
straggles, in fact the only good 'sequel' to a super nes game so far has
been mario 64

====

>> N64 is worshipping Sony right now.
>

>No they are making what quite possibly be the greatest game of all
>time....Zelda.

====
yeah i want it to be amazing too, but statiscally nintendo will make a
version that is no better than the snes version - if in doubt look above,
only 1 decent sequel to 4 not-so-good sequels

====

>>EGM rated Sony better and it's obivous!

>>I've been to stores around Christmas and everyone was buying
>> Sony! No one was buying a single N64 shit crap. So all you Nintendo
>> fans go home before your ass gets kicked even more
>

>What matters what sells more? Do you think the Genesis is better then
>the SNES because it sold more?

====
no, the megadrive sold more because it had like a four year start on
nintendo, the playstation had about a years start........and the video games
market isnt different to what it was then, i for one feel that the snes was
miles ahead of the megadrive......it did have less games but when it started
to get more popular more games got made for it.......although with the way
the video games market is now, little developers just CANT afford to make
games for the n64 unless it is going to be a massive hit (which cant be
guaranteed)

Jody McLean

Jan 23, 1998, 3:00:00 AM1/23/98

Billy Newlin wrote:

> On Thu, 22 Jan 1998 21:13:52 -0600, "Jody McLean"
> <jmc...@sk.sympatico.ca> wrote:
>

> >Dave Laird wrote
> >>Why not develop this idea even further and start making...
> >>
> >>Trollagotchi!
> >
> >I have an idea, too! Why not...
> >
> >kill this pathetic excuse of a thread?
>
> This pathetic excuse of a thread has more intelligence iand is
> alot more interesting and entertaining than you'll ever be.

The humor sucks big-time. None of you would ever get them rolling in
the aisles in stand-up.

Any
> 'reason' you state for the N64 sucking is just your opinion and yet
> you call it fact.

Look at my reasons and see why I think it sucks. I guess people are too
short-sighted to see reasons, just the end result.

I'll have you know I used to play both the SNES and
> the Genesis evenly and I'm NOT lying. I'd play MK on Genesis and
> Mario World and Zelda 3 on the SNES.

You played more games on Super Nintendo. Doesn't sound fair to me.

I played them evenly.
> fact...gimme a break

I'll give you a break if you have conclusive proof that you've played
both systems evenly. I have yet to find that proof.

Captain Calzone

Jan 23, 1998, 3:00:00 AM1/23/98

Jody McLean <jmc...@sk.sympatico.ca> wrote:

>Billy Newlin wrote:
>>
>> On Thu, 22 Jan 1998 21:13:52 -0600, "Jody McLean"
>> <jmc...@sk.sympatico.ca> wrote:
>>

>> >Dave Laird wrote

>> >I have an idea, too! Why not...
>> >
>> >kill this pathetic excuse of a thread?
>>
>> This pathetic excuse of a thread has more intelligence iand is
>> alot more interesting and entertaining than you'll ever be.
>
>The humor sucks big-time. None of you would ever get them rolling in
>the aisles in stand-up.

Actually, the whole Trollagotchi idea had ME laughing, and that is
hard work. I'm a satirical writer, so I usually look down my nose at
any attempts at humor by the lesser mortals, but this thread IS
humerous.

> Any
>> 'reason' you state for the N64 sucking is just your opinion and yet
>> you call it fact.
>
>Look at my reasons and see why I think it sucks. I guess people are too
>short-sighted to see reasons, just the end result.

I have looked at your reasons. Please stop defending the PSX, you are
worse for us than Nobody was for Sega.

> I'll have you know I used to play both the SNES and
>> the Genesis evenly and I'm NOT lying. I'd play MK on Genesis and
>> Mario World and Zelda 3 on the SNES.
>
>You played more games on Super Nintendo. Doesn't sound fair to me.

MAybe he played MK for two houres, then Super Mario World for an hour
and Zelda 3 for an hour! Come on, get with the picture, this whole
"nobody does anythjing evenly" crap is getting really annoying. I
want some GOOD flame wars, dammit. You bore me!

> I played them evenly.
>> fact...gimme a break
>
>I'll give you a break if you have conclusive proof that you've played
>both systems evenly. I have yet to find that proof.

Proof, does that mean he has to go to your cardboard box on the corner
of 5th and Grove to show you himself?

Captain Calzone

Jan 23, 1998, 3:00:00 AM1/23/98

>Lan wrote in message <34C7EE...@None.com>...
>>Dogbert wrote:
>>>
>>> What are you talking about? That fucking N64 can't make crap!
>>
>>You're right.It is kinda hard for a system to make games.Usually people
>>make the games.

And sometimes Yaks... but that is another story

>>>What the hell are with these sequels? Yoshi Island 2? LOL
>>
>>What is wrong with sequels?The PSX has tons like Final Fantasy 7,
>>Resident Evil 2, Breath of Fire 3, Tomb Raider 2, Crash Bandicoot 2,
>>Pandemonium 2,etc.

You really have a good point. Sequals are what keeps the business
going. Imagine how bare the shelves would be if every game had to
have an original idea. And hey, there are a lot of ideas that need to
be repeated and improved.

>>> N64 is worshipping Sony right now.
>>
>>No they are making what quite possibly be the greatest game of all
>>time....Zelda.

That is total baseless assumption. When the game is released, we will
all get to judge for ourselves. Personally, though, Zelda games have
always been just "good" to me, not especially awesome, though Zelda64
will be a departure from the general style of Zelda games, so only
time will tell. Just hope it has moire substance than Mario64 did...
I enver got why people liked that so much...

>>>EGM rated Sony better and it's obivous!
>>>I've been to stores around Christmas and everyone was buying
>>> Sony! No one was buying a single N64 shit crap. So all you Nintendo
>>> fans go home before your ass gets kicked even more
>>
>>What matters what sells more? Do you think the Genesis is better then
>>the SNES because it sold more?

No, I think the Genesis was better than the SNES because it had a
sports lineup to die for and the faster processor allowed for
animation much more fluid than the SNES could dream of. To me, the
Mario games and Square RPG's were what the SNES had over the Genny,
but that is not enough to compete in my mind. The Gennywas and still
is one of my top systems of all time(right behind the Atari VCS and
the NES.)

It is loading more messages.