Any active community/games??

Thomas Mann

Jan 16, 2010, 9:58:50 AM1/16/10

I was googling a bit and didn't find any active or up-to-date vga-planets
sites or game infos.... Has the community died out? Are there no more people
playing? I used to play VGA Planets years ago and don't find any equivalent
modern games :-/ ...

Thanks for any help and sorry for the silly qestion!
Thomas

Marius

Jan 17, 2010, 3:27:22 PM1/17/10
try www.vgaplanets.dk I'm playing there, it's still active.

Good luck
Marius

Marius

Jan 17, 2010, 4:25:25 PM1/17/10
Hi again,
I forgot this one http://www.high-command.net/

Cheerio
Marius

On Sat, 16 Jan 2010 15:58:50 +0100, "Thomas Mann"

Tempest

Jan 17, 2010, 5:10:33 PM1/17/10
vgap.drewhead.org is doing fine..

Thomas Mann

Jan 18, 2010, 8:22:00 AM1/18/10
Thanks for the info! Seems that drewhead.org is the only site hosting
Version 4 games? (I used to play version 1 long time ago and am currently
looking at Version 4.) Too bad there don't seem to be a lot of people out
there (playing v4).

Are all the people playing REAL time strategy games these days? ;-|

Tharsonius

Jan 23, 2010, 5:26:54 AM1/23/10
This newsgroup is dead, there is no longer any communication here.

But there is a hosting side where vga planets is still alive and there is a
community too. There you can get the active files also.

You should have a look at this site:
http://vgap.drewhead.org/

Mydgard

Apr 20, 2010, 9:30:14 PM4/20/10
rcworld.de stopped planets 4 hosting about half a year ago as there was a
bug with the rsts as they grow and grow and grow ... so rst's sometimes had
been over 3MB in size ...

And if you have some games running with more than 10 players, this means the
upload will take some time and decrease rst upload for all games (v3 and
v4)!

There are different sites offering v3 games, dunno if drewhead is the only
planets 4 site left ...

Mydgard

"Thomas Mann" <Thoma...@zauberberg.org> schrieb im Newsbeitrag

djag...@gmail.com

Jun 16, 2017, 4:11:43 AM6/16/17
I too am looking for active V4 games a few more years on.

Drewhead still going but not super active, need more players

Shout out if you are interested in a game

LeeS...@hotmail.com

Mar 23, 2018, 6:31:19 AM3/23/18
yes i am active and some others. more players needed.