ok wtf!

chgobadgirl

Nov 4, 2000, 3:00:00 AM11/4/00
this really is NOT fair!
how come now there's a bunch of people who are saying they are in the middle
of TR5 but i can't even get a freakin DEMO yet!!!

this bites!

*pouts*
badgirl

teal...@my-deja.com

Nov 4, 2000, 3:00:00 AM11/4/00
In article <rD_M5.12806$g6.33...@news1.elmhst1.il.home.com>,

"chgobadgirl" <chgobadgirl...@home.com> wrote:
> this really is NOT fair!
> how come now there's a bunch of people who are saying they are in the middle
> of TR5

do you not understand a joke, chgobadgirl...@home.com, it is not
possible to have something that has not yet been released ...

Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
Before you buy.

teal...@my-deja.com

Nov 4, 2000, 3:00:00 AM11/4/00

Sinjin

Nov 4, 2000, 3:00:00 AM11/4/00
TR5 is not officially out until the 14th. Anyone who claims to be playing it is
either lying or playing a pirated pre-release. I wouldn't lose any sleep over
it.

"chgobadgirl" <chgobadgirl...@home.com> wrote:

>this really is NOT fair!
>how come now there's a bunch of people who are saying they are in the middle

Chloe

Nov 4, 2000, 3:00:00 AM11/4/00
someone very nice said somethign extremey interesteing and very worthwile

> In article <rD_M5.12806$g6.33...@news1.elmhst1.il.home.com>,

> "chgobadgirl" <chgobadgirl...@home.com> wrote:
>> this really is NOT fair!
>> how come now there's a bunch of people who are saying they are in the middle
>> of TR5
>

> do you not understand a joke, chgobadgirl...@home.com, it is not
> possible to have something that has not yet been released ...

pirate beta copies...

--

art raider: http://www.emmott.clara.co.uk
a bit of culture for the artistc tr fan

WombRaider

Nov 5, 2000, 12:37:31 AM11/5/00
In article <8u20gv$vsr$1...@nnrp1.deja.com>, <teal...@my-deja.com> wrote:

> do you not understand a joke, chgobadgirl...@home.com, it is not
> possible to have something that has not yet been released ...

Bull, go search on the usual FTP or Hotline pirate sites. YOu'll find
the Halo beta, Oni and as of about three days ago, the TR5 beta for
PSX.

wr

WombRaider

Nov 5, 2000, 12:39:26 AM11/5/00
In article <3a08850f...@news.concentric.net>, Sinjin
<nos...@msn.com> wrote:

> TR5 is not officially out until the 14th. Anyone who claims to be playing it
> is
> either lying or playing a pirated pre-release. I wouldn't lose any sleep over
> it.

Usually unscrupulous PSX Magazine employees make dupes of their review
copies and dump them to some friends, then they leak it to their
friends and so on until it's all over just as the actual game comes
out. Keep in mind that review magazines usually have copies of a game
(beta and GM) anywhere from 2 to 4 months ahead of it's release.

wr

Loren Petrich

Nov 5, 2000, 12:42:36 AM11/5/00
In article <051120000037313335%w0m6r...@macsr63tt3r.moc>, WombRaider
<w0m6r...@macsr63tt3r.moc> wrote:

> Bull, go search on the usual FTP or Hotline pirate sites. YOu'll find
> the Halo beta, Oni and as of about three days ago, the TR5 beta for
> PSX.

I wonder how in the world one would play a Playstation game from a
file -- would one have to burn a CD-ROM>

And I can understand an Oni beta being leaked, but a Halo beta???

I follow such sites as halo.bungie.org and rampancy.net, and Halo
does not seem quite there, unless this was some sort of
compatibility-test version.

--
Loren Petrich
pet...@netcom.com

WombRaider

Nov 5, 2000, 3:00:00 AM11/5/00
In article <041120002142369046%pet...@netcom.com>, Loren Petrich
<pet...@netcom.com> wrote:

> I wonder how in the world one would play a Playstation game from a
> file -- would one have to burn a CD-ROM>
>
> And I can understand an Oni beta being leaked, but a Halo beta???
>
> I follow such sites as halo.bungie.org and rampancy.net, and Halo
> does not seem quite there, unless this was some sort of
> compatibility-test version.

I just find and download the stuff. Yeah, for a PSX game you have ao
burn off a copy and have a MOD chip in your Station to boot it up. (A
MOD chip basically turns the PSX into a reviewer's or Devlopers BIOS).
Copying PSX games is pretty simple actually.

I think the Halo version that's out is just that. I've seen posts where
people claim it's either a test version for compatibility or a
"showcase demo" which is a term I've never heard before.

wr

...Paranoid Grey...

Nov 5, 2000, 3:00:00 AM11/5/00
You can also play a PSX ISO (file) straight from your harddrive with an
emulator and a virtual drive like daemon tools.
--
...Paranoid Grey...
...http://paranoidgrey.cjb.net

"WombRaider" <w0m6r...@macsr63tt3r.moc> wrote in message

> In article <041120002142369046%pet...@netcom.com>, Loren Petrich
> <pet...@netcom.com> wrote:
>

> > I wonder how in the world one would play a Playstation game from a
> > file -- would one have to burn a CD-ROM>
> >
> > And I can understand an Oni beta being leaked, but a Halo beta???
> >
> > I follow such sites as halo.bungie.org and rampancy.net, and Halo
> > does not seem quite there, unless this was some sort of
> > compatibility-test version.

Loren Petrich

Nov 6, 2000, 3:00:00 AM11/6/00
In article <051120001454419476%w0m6r...@macsr63tt3r.moc>, WombRaider
<w0m6r...@macsr63tt3r.moc> wrote:

[Halo "beta"...]

> I think the Halo version that's out is just that. I've seen posts where
> people claim it's either a test version for compatibility or a
> "showcase demo" which is a term I've never heard before.

A showcase demo would presumably be a way to show that Halo is more
than vaporware, by showing off a bit of it in action.

As to a compatibility testing, that is very likely to be necessary
in PeeCeeLand; consider all the 3D-card compatibility problems reported
in this newsgroup.

True, the Macintosh world suffers from some of that, but I've
usually had little trouble with 3D-card support.