No comments yet?

Mark A

Feb 26, 2013, 10:21:48 AM2/26/13
Just watched the first half-hour's play on RadBrad's YouTube
channel and it looks pretty damn sweet, I have to say. Puts
Lara right back on top of the video gaming pile where she
belongs. :)

Regards

Mark

Mark A

Feb 27, 2013, 5:42:24 AM2/27/13
"Mark A" wrote:

> Just watched the first half-hour's play on RadBrad's YouTube
> channel

Oh well, that was short lived, it's been taken down. Naughty
RadBrad for jumping the gun, I guess.

Regards

Mark

Thunderchief

Mar 5, 2013, 8:15:39 AM3/5/13
Got my spangly new CD in the post this morning - can hardly wait to get home and get it loaded!

zas...@gmail.com

Mar 8, 2013, 2:55:22 PM3/8/13
Are you guys playing it?

Here are my thought, no spoilers...

I played few hours so far, it's pretty good, looks amazing, controls are pretty good, like how the characters (specially Lara, of course) work very well with the terrain/environment, animations are great.

Not that much of exploring yet, beginning is essentially tutorial, not very free, but you get more chances to roam later on, there are optional secret tombs etc.

There is a lot of cut scenes, mostly dialogues to explain the story, which some reviewers complained about but I sort of like them...

I miss the acrobatics... there are jumps and climbing etc. but no somersaults/flips etc. Few things are automated, e.g. in some cases she takes out the gun/bow by herself (when enemies are nearby). There is no running/jumping and shooting anymore :-( There is no auto-aim and you can (reasonably well) only shoot when staying still, so most of the shooting is sniper style, i.e. hide somewhere and shoot from distance. There is some fighting but that I managed to encounter only once so far an it wasn't very effective and not much fun either...

Overall I really like the game from the technical perspective (looks, controls etc.) and so far I like the gameplay too but didn't play enough yet to have a strong opinion...

ero

McG.

Apr 6, 2013, 9:51:44 AM4/6/13
Is this thread about the new Tombraider game with the shipwrecked Lara?
McG.

<zas...@gmail.com> wrote in message

Mark A

Apr 6, 2013, 4:52:19 PM4/6/13
"McG." wrote:

> Is this thread about the new Tombraider game with the
> shipwrecked Lara?

Yes.

Regards

Mark

McG.

Apr 8, 2013, 3:48:10 PM4/8/13

"Mark A" <m.annett...@notthereanymore.com> wrote in message
Oh. I don't have it yet!
McG.

zas...@gmail.com

Apr 9, 2013, 8:53:52 PM4/9/13
On Monday, April 8, 2013 11:47:25 AM UTC-7, McG. wrote:
> "Mark A" <m.annett...@notthereanymore.com> wrote in message
> > "McG." wrote:
> >> Is this thread about the new Tombraider game with the
> >> shipwrecked Lara?
> > Yes.
> > Mark
> Oh. I don't have it yet!

get it! it's not old days aligned-squares-jumps but it's pretty good! Beginning is very simple/linear but it opens up a lot later (more exploration, bigger spaces)

ero

McG.

Apr 18, 2013, 8:52:25 PM4/18/13

<zas...@gmail.com> wrote in message
I'm for anything TR that allows for MORE exploration!
McG.

zas...@gmail.com

May 10, 2013, 6:21:46 PM5/10/13
did you play it? Try it, it's fun! I just wish they brought acrobatics back! handstands while climbing back, jumping like crazy while shooting, backflip, back tuck and all that...

ero