Return of the Son of Little Trivia Contest!

Gordian Slash

Apr 8, 2002, 11:26:41 PM4/8/02
The first one of you to get the following movie reference (my call as to
who was first, based on the order in which the replies appear on my
screen) can choose one of the three prize categories listed below...and
I will comply to the best of my ability.

THE QUOTE:

"...I'll hang up a sign; No Trespassing, and go back to nature."

THE HINT:

Another convert.

THE DELUXE PRIZES:

(1) I will post 'Dorked by Sas' as my tag line for 24 hours.

(2) I will replace the name of any regular user here, in any post I
make, with the name of a comic book hero or villain - for 24 hours.

(3) I will post assiduously ON TOPIC for 24 hours (known as: Eep's choice).

The 24 hours prize-duration starts from the time I publicly acknowledge
the winner of the contest. This contest runs from when I post this
message to the same time the following day (24 hours). It is limited only
to those who have posted here in the last 24 hours PRIOR to my posting
this message. Should someone not eligible provide the correct answer,
the contest is null and void. All messages required to moderate this
contest shall be considered 'ON topic' for contest purposes. If you are
not eligible for the prize but want to show off your grasp of movie
trivia, please e-mail me your answer (but don't post it publicly) and I
will announce your having gotten it at the end of the contest. thanks.

Oh yeah! And no 'Googling' for the answer...this is on the honor system,
of course < known as Sas' rule >. :-)

As the previous winner: Sas is ineligible for this contest!

Got it? GO!!!

May the best Raider win!

TRIVIA EMERITUS:
>>Q<<
Sas
--
rolob...@earthlink.net
I'll take Pamela Anderson to block!

Ms T

Apr 8, 2002, 11:34:52 PM4/8/02
"Gordian Slash" <rolob...@earthlink.net> wrote in message

^^Block what!? ;)

I have the answer.., but I'm not telling.., cuz I cheated! I can't believe
I missed this movie! I thought I'd seen all the ones *this person* is in..,
I'm going to see if it's on the rental shelves tomorrow! :)

:p

Will be fun to watch this one play out..,

Ms T
--
ever changing calm

Gordian Slash

Apr 9, 2002, 1:41:44 AM4/9/02
Ms T wrote:
> > --
> > rolob...@earthlink.net
> > I'll take Pamela Anderson to block!
>
> ^^Block what!? ;)

It's a game show reference (Hollywood Squares...not that I would ever
watch anything like that!). < aloof intellectual expression >Besides,
she could probably block anything under any circumstances anyway...she's
a cybernetic construct, a-la Terminator, isn't she? < was my dad fibbing
to me again? >

> I have the answer.., but I'm not telling.., cuz I cheated! I can't believe
> I missed this movie! I thought I'd seen all the ones *this person* is in..,
> I'm going to see if it's on the rental shelves tomorrow! :)

I admire your restraint, if not your ethics about Googling! ;-)

--
rolob...@earthlink.net
'I'm the secret square!' - Paul Lind

Stephen Williams

Apr 9, 2002, 5:35:54 PM4/9/02

> this message. Should someone not eligible provide the correct answer,
> the contest is null and void. All messages required to moderate this
> contest shall be considered 'ON topic' for contest purposes. If you are

Not to be a bitch, but how can you just randomly declare something to be
on topic? Unless this is the Tomb Raider movie (which i'm fairly sure
it isn't), then it's not on topic at all.

Gordian Slash

Apr 9, 2002, 6:42:31 PM4/9/02

You are absolutely right! It would not ACTUALLY be on topic, just
'considered' - for purposes of the contest - to be On Topic...it was a
clause to allow me to discuss the contest during the 24 hour prize
period should the winner choose as their prize category number 3 (Eep's
choice). I certainly realize that no assertion on my part can actually
make a subject truly On Topic if it isn't! :-)

And I do also realize that I forgot to put an [OT] notice in front of
the most recent contest's header. My bad! < shamed expression >

This will probably be the last of these anyway, as they don't seem to
have been received as well As I had hoped they would be (my sole
intention with them was to have a little fun, that anyone who wanted-to
could join in on, while waiting for TR6 to manifest itself).

--
rolob...@earthlink.net
Whimsical when bored.

Gordian Slash

Apr 10, 2002, 12:17:40 AM4/10/02

Weeeeeeeeell...no one got it (or no one cared to try, which amounts to
the same thing for all practical purposes). The quote was from
GOLDFINGER, made in a reply to Auric Goldfinger, by Pussy Galore, when
asked what she was going to do with her share of their raid on Fort
Knox. The entire sentence was: "Oh, I've got my eye on a little island
in the Bahamas...I'll hang up a sign; No Trespassing, and go back to
nature." But I thought that too obvious in it's entirety, so I only used
the end part which I felt constituted a separate line anyway. < Nyeah! >

The hint referred both to her being seduced by Bond (since it was
heavily implied that her character preferred girls), and that she was
converted to the side of righteousness at the end of the movie (helping
to defeat Goldfinger's dastardly plan).

--
rolob...@earthlink.net
No! It was not just an excuse to get to say Pussy Galore in public...honest.

Izzy

Apr 10, 2002, 6:32:17 AM4/10/02

> Stephen Williams wrote:
<snip >

> This will probably be the last of these anyway, as they don't seem to
> have been received as well As I had hoped they would be (my sole
> intention with them was to have a little fun, that anyone who wanted-to
> could join in on, while waiting for TR6 to manifest itself).

I would have joined in more, only I can remember the lines, but not the
movies!

Izzy

Mustang

Apr 10, 2002, 7:38:42 AM4/10/02
Gordian Slash <rolob...@earthlink.net> wrote:

> Weeeeeeeeell...no one got it (or no one cared to try, which amounts to
> the same thing for all practical purposes). The quote was from
> GOLDFINGER, made in a reply to Auric Goldfinger, by Pussy Galore, when
> asked what she was going to do with her share of their raid on Fort
> Knox. The entire sentence was: "Oh, I've got my eye on a little island
> in the Bahamas...I'll hang up a sign; No Trespassing, and go back to
> nature." But I thought that too obvious in it's entirety, so I only used
> the end part which I felt constituted a separate line anyway. < Nyeah! >

Ooh, then Silver should've got it, methinks ;)

And in your other post, you said that you'd probably stop these quizzes
because they've not been received terribly well. Myself, I just have no clue
whatsoever, so that's why you've not heard a peep out of me. Maybe you
should make them easier ;) (Then it's a case of whoever reads it first,
lol).

Perhaps you could develop another kind of quiz. Or just stop, if you'd
rather. I don't mind either ;)

-Mustang Silver

Sas

Apr 10, 2002, 9:00:38 AM4/10/02

"Mustang" <I'llShootSpammersWi...@ntlworld.com> wrote in
message news:LvVs8.238$sL6.1...@news11-gui.server.ntli.net...

> And in your other post, you said that you'd probably stop these
quizzes
> because they've not been received terribly well. Myself, I just have
no clue
> whatsoever, so that's why you've not heard a peep out of me. Maybe you
> should make them easier ;) (Then it's a case of whoever reads it
first,
> lol).
>
> Perhaps you could develop another kind of quiz. Or just stop, if you'd
> rather. I don't mind either ;)
>
> -Mustang Silver

Everything he /\ /\ /\ said!

I had no clues (which was why I googled the last one in the first
place).

Maybe you should quit with the quotes and ask us something else?

Or stop..

Oh, I'm just repeating everything Mustang said. Well, I meant it! I
agree with everything he said!

Sas

Mustang

Apr 10, 2002, 9:47:31 AM4/10/02
Sas <s...@do.not.spam.nl> wrote:
>> -Mustang Silver
>
> Everything he /\ /\ /\ said!
>
> I had no clues (which was why I googled the last one in the first
> place).
>
> Maybe you should quit with the quotes and ask us something else?
>
> Or stop..
>
> Oh, I'm just repeating everything Mustang said. Well, I meant it! I
> agree with everything he said!
>
> Sas

Well, *of course* you do - you're one half of our collective consciousness,
remember? ;-)

-Mustang Silver

Sas

Apr 10, 2002, 6:21:42 PM4/10/02
message news:1oXs8.499$sL6.2...@news11-gui.server.ntli.net...

*lol* well, it *does* look that way, doesn't it? We seem to agree on a
lot of different subjects! Let's test this theory then.

So Mustang... what's your stance on smoking?

And... tea or coffee? Oh no, I know that one already, we're in
agreement!

Sports? Women and make-up? Women drivers? Homosexuals? Sex on tv?
Staplers? (Yes, those little apparatus with the metal bits in 'em)

<official tone> Please answer all questions fully and explain your
answer if you can. <end of official tone>

Oh! I've got one where we're of a different mind. Music. I'm not one for
Iron Maiden, or hardrock in general... Except for the Buffy the Vampire
Slayer soundtrack ;))

Sas
-- curious what the results will be!

Arthur Green

Apr 10, 2002, 7:09:36 PM4/10/02
On Thu, 11 Apr 2002 00:21:42 +0200, "Sas" <s...@do.not.spam.nl> wrote:
[ ... excision ... ]

>Sports? Women and make-up? Women drivers? Homosexuals? Sex on tv?
>Staplers? (Yes, those little apparatus with the metal bits in 'em)

FWIW, sex on TV isn't a problem as long as the TV doesn't have an
aerial on top. Those things can get lodged in some very uncomfortable
places ...

--

- AG

Mustang

Apr 10, 2002, 7:14:27 PM4/10/02
Sas <s...@do.not.spam.nl> wrote:

>>> Oh, I'm just repeating everything Mustang said. Well, I meant it! I
>>> agree with everything he said!
>>>
>>> Sas
>>
>> Well, *of course* you do - you're one half of our collective
> consciousness,
>> remember? ;-)
>>
>> -Mustang Silver
>
> *lol* well, it *does* look that way, doesn't it? We seem to agree on a
> lot of different subjects! Let's test this theory then.

Okay...

> So Mustang... what's your stance on smoking?

Hate it. Would never smoke. Wish people wouldn't smoke. Pisses me off when I
have to be near them, because it causes breathing difficulty :)

> And... tea or coffee? Oh no, I know that one already, we're in
> agreement!

Oh, really? I never knew! Oh wow, that's great. Well, do stop by for a cuppa
when you're next in England ;)
For those not in the know:
Mustang loves tea.
Mustang hates coffee.
And that's all there is to know about me! ;)

> Sports?

Naa, not my thing. Have an interest in motor-sport, nothing major. Ignore
football. Can sometimes manage to watch it. Can watch golf. Can watch
snooker. Sometimes play snooker, too, actually. Otherwise... naa, sport's
not my thing :)

> Women and make-up?

Yes, I like women. Women are great! Where would we be without them, I ask
you?! ;)
They can be real pains in the arse too, but on the whole I like 'em, lol.
(If only it was mutual... <sniff> ;) )

Make-up - no big issues with that, but I do not like too much, it looks
stupid! If women want to use it, they can, but they don't have to bother on
my account if they don't want.

And if you specifically mean 'women and make-up' together (which, thinking
about it, you probably do), then they go together fine, yes. They were
always meant to! Much better than men and make-up, anyway <shudder> :)

> Women drivers?

<gulp> ;)
Oh, well... there a lot of stupid women drivers, I have to say. There are
even more idiotic men on the roads, though. I don't think they're bad on the
whole, though - women are generally good drivers. Unless they mix driving
with putting on their make-up, in which case they are not safe to be behind
the wheel! ;)
In any case, I have nearly been nudged off my bike a few times now, mostly
by women drivers.

> Homosexuals?

Oh, no concerns, really. As long as they're happy. And they keep themselves
to themselves :) No, I don't mind.

> Sex on tv?

Oh, err... I don't know. Indifferent, I guess. I don't think it should be
banished, but I don't want to see porn either. It's... fine as it is, for
what films and TV I see (which isn't much, and rarely involves love or sex
anyway!).

> Staplers? (Yes, those little apparatus with the metal bits in 'em)

Oh, they're annoying buggers! The *stapler* in question never seems to be
good enough to go through the *report* in question, and it takes
half-a-dozen attempts to be successful! :) Ah, they're not so bad
otherwise, no. I do like the little 'ammunition' clips, though, of all the
staples stuck together. They're cool ;) Oh, and staple guns! The
school-stationery weapon of choice ;) (Not that I ever wielded one in
anger, lol)

> <official tone> Please answer all questions fully and explain your
> answer if you can. <end of official tone>

I tried! :)

> Oh! I've got one where we're of a different mind. Music. I'm not one for
> Iron Maiden, or hardrock in general... Except for the Buffy the Vampire
> Slayer soundtrack ;))

Oh, well there's *something* in you, if you like that, then (assuming it's
kind of heavy). What do you listen to, anyway?
And don't you even like Bon Jovi? ;)

> Sas
> -- curious what the results will be!

You should already know the results - collective consciousness, Sas! lol ;)

-Mustang Silver (confused at now having TWO other halves ;) )

Ms T

Apr 10, 2002, 8:41:03 PM4/10/02

"Arthur Green" <ajg...@REMOVE.iol.ie> wrote in message

LMAO! ;) I *like* the way your mind works!

"Reading computer manuals without the hardware
is as frustrating as reading sex manuals without the software."
--Arthur C. Clarke

Mustang

Apr 10, 2002, 9:29:06 PM4/10/02

Hmm.... I don't get it.... ? ;-)

-Mustang Silver

Cookiebear

Apr 11, 2002, 6:18:43 AM4/11/02

"Gordian Slash" <rolob...@earthlink.net> wrote in message

I didn't have a clue. I suppose I could have googled for it though. What
if we are allowed to use some highly inferior and difficult to use
search engine? ;-)
You could try for an excuse to say something like Alotta Fagina next
time. I might be in with more a chance then. ;-)

-Cookiebear

Cookiebear

Apr 11, 2002, 6:29:43 AM4/11/02

"Sas" <s...@do.not.spam.nl> wrote in message

But not me. ;-)
Well I suppose you already know the answers with me though. ;-)
Well you better. We'll be having a test on it. ;-)

-Cookiebear

Sas

Apr 11, 2002, 7:11:56 AM4/11/02

"Arthur Green" <ajg...@REMOVE.iol.ie> wrote in message

Oh, leave it to you to get it literal! Bas Arthur! Bad!

*lol* aerial.... A widescreen tv would come in handy though, you might
even try it sideways ;)

Sas

> --
>
> - AG

Sas

Apr 11, 2002, 7:59:47 AM4/11/02
And the results are in! Read on.....

message news:fJ3t8.3661$tZ1.9...@news2-win.server.ntlworld.com...

> Sas <s...@do.not.spam.nl> wrote:
> > *lol* well, it *does* look that way, doesn't it? We seem to agree on
> > lot of different subjects! Let's test this theory then.
>
> Okay...
>
> > So Mustang... what's your stance on smoking?
>
> Hate it. Would never smoke. Wish people wouldn't smoke. Pisses me off
when I
> have to be near them, because it causes breathing difficulty :)

Agreed. It stinks, it's bad for one's health, it costs a fortune and
above all, it stinks!

> > And... tea or coffee? Oh no, I know that one already, we're in
> > agreement!
>
> Oh, really? I never knew! Oh wow, that's great. Well, do stop by for a
cuppa
> when you're next in England ;)
> For those not in the know:
> Mustang loves tea.
> Mustang hates coffee.
> And that's all there is to know about me! ;)

I don't like coffe. I like tea, although I'm not as much in love with it
as you seem to be. But then... I'm not English! ;)

I only drink coffe when it's about a couple of teaspoons of it in a
whole mug full of hot milk, with lots and lots of sugar. It's called
"koffie verkeerd" in the Netherlands, which means as much as "the wrong
way round". The amounts of coffee and milk are, you see?

But that's rarely. I have to be in the mood for it. And that's not very
often...

Generally, we're agreed then :)

> > Sports?
>
> Naa, not my thing. Have an interest in motor-sport, nothing major.
Ignore
> football. Can sometimes manage to watch it. Can watch golf. Can watch
> snooker. Sometimes play snooker, too, actually. Otherwise... naa,
sport's
> not my thing :)

Not my thing. I don't watch it if I can help it. Maybe if there was a
worldcup soccerfinal (or footbal, whatever it may be called wherever the
reader may be) and the Netherlands were in it. maybe.

No tennis, no golf, absolutely no motorsports, not even iceskating.
Boring!

By the way, someone taught me how to play snooker once, so we could play
eachother :)) (although I'd need a bit of a refreshercourse)

> > Women and make-up?
>
> Yes, I like women. Women are great! Where would we be without them, I
ask
> you?! ;)
> They can be real pains in the arse too, but on the whole I like 'em,
lol.
> (If only it was mutual... <sniff> ;) )
>
> Make-up - no big issues with that, but I do not like too much, it
looks
> stupid! If women want to use it, they can, but they don't have to
bother on
> my account if they don't want.
>
> And if you specifically mean 'women and make-up' together (which,
thinking
> about it, you probably do), then they go together fine, yes. They were
> always meant to! Much better than men and make-up, anyway <shudder> :)

Yeah, but not too much. And especially not the wrong kind. Some people
just don't know what colours *don't* suit them. Or have a real misguided
conception of what colour their skin really is. I sometimes see women
wearing foundation that makes 'em look... orange. Not good.

I tend to go with Gary on this one. A little bit of eye make-up and a
little bit of lipstick is all a woman generally needs. Don't normally
wear any (too much hassle), but if I do, that's about it.

Heh. And men and mak-up... As in Boy George? <shudder> Ugh!

> > Women drivers?
>
> <gulp> ;)
> Oh, well... there a lot of stupid women drivers, I have to say. There
are
> even more idiotic men on the roads, though. I don't think they're bad
on the
> whole, though - women are generally good drivers. Unless they mix
driving
> with putting on their make-up, in which case they are not safe to be
behind
> the wheel! ;)
> In any case, I have nearly been nudged off my bike a few times now,
mostly
> by women drivers.

We are agreed on that then. Women should drive like men, or not be on
the road at all.

I know a lot of women (about my mum's age) who don't dare drive on the
freeway/highway (whatever those are called). My mum's not one of them,
thank god. She's my perfect example of how women *should* drive.

My dad is a dangerous man, he drives like a maniac. So women shouldn't
drive like just *any* man, but a responsible one... Well, you know what
I mean.

> > Homosexuals?
>
> Oh, no concerns, really. As long as they're happy. And they keep
themselves
> to themselves :) No, I don't mind.

Agreed. As long as they're happy. They don't even need to keep to
themselves, but I think I know what you mean. (You don't mind, as long
as no man makes a pass at you, right?)

> > Sex on tv?
>
> Oh, err... I don't know. Indifferent, I guess. I don't think it should
be
> banished, but I don't want to see porn either. It's... fine as it is,
for
> what films and TV I see (which isn't much, and rarely involves love or
sex
> anyway!).

Doesn't matter to me either way. So we're agreed then... Although we may
have a bit more of it on here than you have there....

> > Staplers? (Yes, those little apparatus with the metal bits in 'em)
>
> Oh, they're annoying buggers! The *stapler* in question never seems to
be
> good enough to go through the *report* in question, and it takes
> half-a-dozen attempts to be successful! :) Ah, they're not so bad
> otherwise, no. I do like the little 'ammunition' clips, though, of all
the
> staples stuck together. They're cool ;) Oh, and staple guns! The
> school-stationery weapon of choice ;) (Not that I ever wielded one in
> anger, lol)

I love staplers. I bought me one last week and it's my bestest
favouritest toy! I love making books and booklets and I find I can
dospense with neele and thread now that I've got my super little
stapler!

Oh and yes. Staple guns. They're kind of expensive, but I'd like to own
one one day :)))

> > <official tone> Please answer all questions fully and explain your
> > answer if you can. <end of official tone>
>
> I tried! :)
>
> > Oh! I've got one where we're of a different mind. Music. I'm not one
for
> > Iron Maiden, or hardrock in general... Except for the Buffy the
Vampire
> > Slayer soundtrack ;))
>
> Oh, well there's *something* in you, if you like that, then (assuming
it's
> kind of heavy). What do you listen to, anyway?
> And don't you even like Bon Jovi? ;)

Yegh. No. Although I kind of like his character in Ally MacBeal :)

Most of the hits they have are too mushy for me. I didn't like "It's my
life" either... No. Sorry! (Do you think Bon Jovi is *heavy*?)

I remember that I had this conversation wth CB once. I love K's Choice,
Matchbox Twenty, Faithless, Kane. I also like Macy Gray, a bit of Skunk
Anansie, Sheryl Crow, Alanis Morissette. Oh and Live's "Throwing
Copper". I tend to like bands/people that are "real" in some way. That
make actual music and that write actual lyrics.

I dislike Michael Jackson, Enya, and Sinnead O'Connor. And things like
Korn.

Does that give you an image?

> > Sas
> > -- curious what the results will be!
>
> You should already know the results - collective consciousness, Sas!
lol ;)

> -Mustang Silver (confused at now having TWO other halves ;) )

Yes yes, the confusion must end! Besides, I would never even presume to
try to compete with Silver for *any* half of you. You're all hers, after
all....

Well, I'm undecided. I don't think we share a collective consciousness.
I think I must simply conclude that we're "of one mind" a lot, *lol*!

Sas

Sas

Apr 11, 2002, 10:30:48 AM4/11/02

"Cookiebear" <na...@peeoff.org> wrote in message

> "Sas" <s...@do.not.spam.nl> wrote in message
> > So Mustang... what's your stance on smoking?
> >
> > And... tea or coffee? Oh no, I know that one already, we're in
> > agreement!

CB.... likes chocolate. Not sure about coffee or tea. Ah yes. Might have
been green tea. No coffee though. Does drink lots and lots of water,
iirc.

> > Sports?

I'd say no. Doesn't seem like the sporty type.

> Women and make-up?

Well, you do like to paint, so I'm guessing... yes? lol! ;))

> Women drivers?

Hm. No idea. Don't think we've ever discussed women drivers, have we?

> Homosexuals?

I'd say yes. I think you're not opposed.

> Sex on tv?

No idea. I don't think you really have a stance on that. but I *do* know
which shows you like! (Will and Grace is off here, by the way. Have been
for a few months now. I miss them!!)

> > Staplers? (Yes, those little apparatus with the metal bits in 'em)

I'd like to think that you're pretty fond of staplers. Are you? (I know
I am :)) Just be sure to keep your fingers clear of the gap!

> > <official tone> Please answer all questions fully and explain your
> > answer if you can. <end of official tone>
> >
> > Oh! I've got one where we're of a different mind. Music. I'm not one
> for
> > Iron Maiden, or hardrock in general... Except for the Buffy the
> Vampire
> > Slayer soundtrack ;))
> >
> > Sas
> > -- curious what the results will be!
> >

> But not me. ;-)
> Well I suppose you already know the answers with me though. ;-)
> Well you better. We'll be having a test on it. ;-)

I went over the questions above, but I'm not sure. I don't think we're
sharing a consciousness, CB. Me being sane, after all ;))

Sas

> -Cookiebear

Mustang

Apr 11, 2002, 11:43:07 AM4/11/02
Sas <s...@do.not.spam.nl> wrote:
> And the results are in! Read on.....
>
> Agreed. It stinks, it's bad for one's health, it costs a fortune and
> above all, it stinks!

Yes. We must stamp out smoking!

So who here smokes? Come on, be honest...

> I don't like coffe. I like tea, although I'm not as much in love with it
> as you seem to be. But then... I'm not English! ;)
>
> I only drink coffe when it's about a couple of teaspoons of it in a
> whole mug full of hot milk, with lots and lots of sugar. It's called
> "koffie verkeerd" in the Netherlands, which means as much as "the wrong
> way round". The amounts of coffee and milk are, you see?

Yep. That might be quite nice, actually! :)
I've only have two cups of coffee in my entire life. One when I was young
(was horrble), and one which I forced myself to drink when someone made me
one accidentally at a place I was doing a project at. I could've just made
myself a cup of tea, but as I hadn't really drank coffee, I thought I'd make
myself have it. Nope, still don't like it :)

There are so many kinds of coffee, though. I know nothing about them all,
but I might get by drinking it if I needed to, I guess...

> But that's rarely. I have to be in the mood for it. And that's not very
> often...
>
> Generally, we're agreed then :)

Yep!

> Not my thing. I don't watch it if I can help it. Maybe if there was a
> worldcup soccerfinal (or footbal, whatever it may be called wherever the
> reader may be) and the Netherlands were in it. maybe.

Sometimes I'll watch the occasional World Cup game, but I don't really care
if I do.

> No tennis, no golf, absolutely no motorsports, not even iceskating.
> Boring!

Ice-skating! Oh no! I might try it one day, but I wouldn't want to watch it
on TV :)

> By the way, someone taught me how to play snooker once, so we could play
> eachother :)) (although I'd need a bit of a refreshercourse)

Oh, well it's not hard, and I'm no good myself :)

<snip>

>> And if you specifically mean 'women and make-up' together (which,
> thinking
>> about it, you probably do), then they go together fine, yes. They were
>> always meant to! Much better than men and make-up, anyway <shudder> :)
>
> Yeah, but not too much. And especially not the wrong kind. Some people
> just don't know what colours *don't* suit them. Or have a real misguided
> conception of what colour their skin really is. I sometimes see women
> wearing foundation that makes 'em look... orange. Not good.

Hehe, I know what you mean. "Hey, it's Barbie!" ;)

> I tend to go with Gary on this one. A little bit of eye make-up and a
> little bit of lipstick is all a woman generally needs. Don't normally
> wear any (too much hassle), but if I do, that's about it.

Well, I go with Gary too. I just choose not to attempt to go into specifics
because I don't know what I'm talking about it. Yes, stuff for one's eyes,
foundation if they want, lipstick if they want... don't need much else :)

> Heh. And men and mak-up... As in Boy George? <shudder> Ugh!

Yes! Now shut up because the imagery is scaring me :)

> We are agreed on that then. Women should drive like men, or not be on
> the road at all.
>
> I know a lot of women (about my mum's age) who don't dare drive on the
> freeway/highway (whatever those are called). My mum's not one of them,
> thank god. She's my perfect example of how women *should* drive.
>
> My dad is a dangerous man, he drives like a maniac. So women shouldn't
> drive like just *any* man, but a responsible one... Well, you know what
> I mean.

Does indeed depend on the man. And yes, fully agreed.

>>> Homosexuals?
>>
>> Oh, no concerns, really. As long as they're happy. And they keep
> themselves
>> to themselves :) No, I don't mind.
>
> Agreed. As long as they're happy. They don't even need to keep to
> themselves, but I think I know what you mean. (You don't mind, as long
> as no man makes a pass at you, right?)

I do mean that indeed. I don't mean that I wouldn't associate myself with
someone just because they were gay. No, I'm not prejudiced in any way, I
just... shudder at the thought of them in their... 'element' ;) My best
friend's brother is gay, anyway... it's no big deal to me :)

>>> Sex on tv?
<snip>

> Doesn't matter to me either way. So we're agreed then... Although we may
> have a bit more of it on here than you have there....

I don't know, but probably. Holland is a bit more liberal, I think :)
Whatever we get over here doesn't get seen by me anyway. Ask someone who
watches TV or channel surfs. I just watch something if I know it's on
beforehand, and turn the TV off when it's done!

> I love staplers. I bought me one last week and it's my bestest
> favouritest toy! I love making books and booklets and I find I can
> dospense with neele and thread now that I've got my super little
> stapler!

Hehe. I did wonder why you mentioned them, thought perhaps you liked them!
It's satisfying to staple something, with all the nice noises the stapler
makes, I do find :-)

> Oh and yes. Staple guns. They're kind of expensive, but I'd like to own
> one one day :)))

Right...

One silver Lotus for Silver.
One staple gun for Sas.

I'll get you one some day, I promise :-)

>> Oh, well there's *something* in you, if you like that, then (assuming
> it's
>> kind of heavy). What do you listen to, anyway?
>> And don't you even like Bon Jovi? ;)
>
> Yegh. No. Although I kind of like his character in Ally MacBeal :)
>
> Most of the hits they have are too mushy for me. I didn't like "It's my
> life" either... No. Sorry! (Do you think Bon Jovi is *heavy*?)

No, not at all. But it's about the only hard rock that the general public
know! It doesn't get any heavier for them :)
I think Iced Earth are heavy (the right kind of heavy, though). And...
urm... Nile. Oh dear, what a load of noise. I followed some "other people
bought (these)" links on Amazon a while back, and got a few Nile mp3s. Ahh,
lol. *That's* heavy metal. Well, death metal. Thrash metal. Black metal.
It's... everything :) It's noise - with deep, low shouting over the top
(bit like Korn, I guess, only worse). Although apparently they have one
brilliantly researched album about ancient Egypt. Not sure I'll check it
out, though :)

> I remember that I had this conversation wth CB once. I love K's Choice,
> Matchbox Twenty, Faithless, Kane. I also like Macy Gray, a bit of Skunk
> Anansie, Sheryl Crow, Alanis Morissette. Oh and Live's "Throwing
> Copper". I tend to like bands/people that are "real" in some way. That
> make actual music and that write actual lyrics.

Yeah, me too. I hate manufacturer music! I have all of Sheryl Crow's stuff,
because I think she's pretty great, and I like Alanis and Skunk Anansie too.
Not very familiar with the first four. I only know Faithless.

> I dislike Michael Jackson, Enya, and Sinnead O'Connor. And things like
> Korn.
>
> Does that give you an image?

Kind of. I imagine you don't have a majorly big thing for music. I've
*always* got some on, you see. Usually some kind of metal, but I have
absolutely all sorts. I currently have a large playlist on Winamp, with a
right mix of songs :)
Oh, well... for how long it'll take....

http://www.mustang.plus.com/Playlist.html

There you go. Downloaded some of my own accord, have had some off friends,
and have been told to download many more (so they're not all what I
typically listen to, you see). All kinds there, and I generally quite like
most of them (it's not a full list of all the songs I have). And the huge
set of heavy metal and rock songs towards the bottom are all destined for
dear Silver's ears... ;)

I don't have any particular dislikes, though.

>> -Mustang Silver (confused at now having TWO other halves ;) )
>
> Yes yes, the confusion must end! Besides, I would never even presume to
> try to compete with Silver for *any* half of you. You're all hers, after
> all....

Ahh, well she wouldn't agree, I don't think <pout> :)

> Well, I'm undecided. I don't think we share a collective consciousness.
> I think I must simply conclude that we're "of one mind" a lot, *lol*!
>
> Sas

Hmm, yes, I agree. Same difference, lol ;)

-Mustang Silver

Izzy

Apr 11, 2002, 3:55:59 PM4/11/02

> And the results are in! Read on.....
>
> "Mustang" <I'llShootSpammersWi...@ntlworld.com> wrote in
> message news:fJ3t8.3661$tZ1.9...@news2-win.server.ntlworld.com...
> > Sas <s...@do.not.spam.nl> wrote:

<snip> >

> I don't like coffe. I like tea, although I'm not as much in love with it
> as you seem to be. But then... I'm not English! ;)
>
> I only drink coffe when it's about a couple of teaspoons of it in a
> whole mug full of hot milk, with lots and lots of sugar. It's called
> "koffie verkeerd" in the Netherlands, which means as much as "the wrong
> way round". The amounts of coffee and milk are, you see?

Sorry to butt in to anothers consiousness and all, but I gor nostalgic when
Sas was talking about Dutch coffee.

I grew very attached to the 'brown' coffee milk I had while in the
Netherlands. (I do hope you know what I'm on about). We don't get it in
England. I liked it. That and having mayonnaise with my chips. A habit I
have retained.

....I'm rambling again aren't I?......

Izzy

Mustang

Apr 11, 2002, 7:10:21 PM4/11/02
Izzy <fi...@removethis.ntlworld.com> wrote:

> Sorry to butt in to anothers consiousness and all, but I gor nostalgic
> when Sas was talking about Dutch coffee.

Oh, butt into our consciousness whenever you feel like it... :)

> I grew very attached to the 'brown' coffee milk I had while in the
> Netherlands. (I do hope you know what I'm on about). We don't get it in
> England. I liked it. That and having mayonnaise with my chips. A habit
> I have retained.
>
> ....I'm rambling again aren't I?......
>
> Izzy

Yes. There is a tendency for it to spread, though. And I'm not sure if
there's a cure ;)

-Mustang Silver

Izzy

Apr 12, 2002, 3:43:47 AM4/12/02
message news:9Kot8.7366$tZ1.2...@news2-win.server.ntlworld.com...

No, I think I'm stuck with my tendency to warble on.

I am the woman, who once was waffling on late at night when hubby was tired
and trying to get to sleep (I get very philosphical at about 11pm).
Suddenly, he started patting the back of my head as if he was hunting for
something. "What on earth are you doing?", I excalimed. "Looking for the
off switch", he replied.

Izzy

Sas

Apr 12, 2002, 5:03:26 AM4/12/02
message news:9cit8.6294$tZ1.1...@news2-win.server.ntlworld.com...

> Sas <s...@do.not.spam.nl> wrote:
> > And the results are in! Read on.....
> >
> > Agreed. It stinks, it's bad for one's health, it costs a fortune and
> > above all, it stinks!
>
> Yes. We must stamp out smoking!
>
> So who here smokes? Come on, be honest...

I know Mike does, smokes like a chimney he said. But we've already
discussed it, and we'd still be able to be in a room together just fine!
(If he ever comes back, that is....)

> > I don't like coffe. I like tea, although I'm not as much in love
with it
> > as you seem to be. But then... I'm not English! ;)
> >
> > I only drink coffe when it's about a couple of teaspoons of it in a
> > whole mug full of hot milk, with lots and lots of sugar. It's called
> > "koffie verkeerd" in the Netherlands, which means as much as "the
wrong
> > way round". The amounts of coffee and milk are, you see?
>
> Yep. That might be quite nice, actually! :)

Ah it is :)

But it's a bit of a hassle to make, with cooking the milk and all... I
rarely have it. Neither Marc nor I drink coffee the regular way, so the
only way I ever get "koffie verkeerd" is when I'm at my parents' house
and can steal a few spoonfuls of coffee from my mum when she's making
some for herself.

<snip>

> > By the way, someone taught me how to play snooker once, so we could
play
> > eachother :)) (although I'd need a bit of a refreshercourse)
>
> Oh, well it's not hard, and I'm no good myself :)

Snooker is a lot harder than pool though. Pool is easy, and it's fun.
Snooker takes a lot more concentration and effort (if you want the balls
to actually go in the pockets, that is ;))

<snippety snip>

> > I love staplers. I bought me one last week and it's my bestest
> > favouritest toy! I love making books and booklets and I find I can
> > dospense with neele and thread now that I've got my super little
> > stapler!
>
> Hehe. I did wonder why you mentioned them, thought perhaps you liked
them!
> It's satisfying to staple something, with all the nice noises the
stapler
> makes, I do find :-)
>
> > Oh and yes. Staple guns. They're kind of expensive, but I'd like to
own
> > one one day :)))
>
> Right...
>
> One silver Lotus for Silver.
> One staple gun for Sas.
>
> I'll get you one some day, I promise :-)

Ooh goody! That's sweet!

Anything we can do for *you*? A shiny new pick for your guitar maybe? ;)

> > I remember that I had this conversation wth CB once. I love K's
Choice,
> > Matchbox Twenty, Faithless, Kane. I also like Macy Gray, a bit of
Skunk
> > Anansie, Sheryl Crow, Alanis Morissette. Oh and Live's "Throwing
> > Copper". I tend to like bands/people that are "real" in some way.
That
> > make actual music and that write actual lyrics.
>
> Yeah, me too. I hate manufacturer music! I have all of Sheryl Crow's
stuff,
> because I think she's pretty great, and I like Alanis and Skunk
Anansie too.
> Not very familiar with the first four. I only know Faithless.

Macy Gray was also in your list! Kane is a Dutch band, K's choice is
Belgian. (Although both make English music, and very nice too) Matchbox
Twenty is American, I think. And you know Live, don't you???

> > I dislike Michael Jackson, Enya, and Sinnead O'Connor. And things
like
> > Korn.
> >
> > Does that give you an image?
>
> Kind of. I imagine you don't have a majorly big thing for music. I've
> *always* got some on, you see.

True. I have some on when I feel like it, but I do just as well with
silence (like now).

> Usually some kind of metal, but I have
> absolutely all sorts. I currently have a large playlist on Winamp,
with a
> right mix of songs :)
> Oh, well... for how long it'll take....
>
> http://www.mustang.plus.com/Playlist.html

Oh, I did go and have a look. ....interesting list there, Mustang....
Who's Dickinson? Must be some hardrockperson, right?

I like Alicia Keys, Pink and Dido too. I love Dido's album.

<snip>

> >> -Mustang Silver (confused at now having TWO other halves ;) )
> >
> > Yes yes, the confusion must end! Besides, I would never even presume
> > try to compete with Silver for *any* half of you. You're all hers,
after
> > all....
>
> Ahh, well she wouldn't agree, I don't think <pout> :)

Well, you must keep on it with the short tiger poking stick then,
mustn't you ;)

> > Well, I'm undecided. I don't think we share a collective
consciousness.
> > I think I must simply conclude that we're "of one mind" a lot,
*lol*!

> > Sas
>
> Hmm, yes, I agree. Same difference, lol ;)
>
> -Mustang Silver

Sas

Sas

Apr 12, 2002, 5:46:30 AM4/12/02

"Izzy" <fi...@removethis.ntlworld.com> wrote in message

Oh MG!! I have the exact same experience. Don't ask me why, but I always
waffle when I'm in bed with Marc, and he's trying to get to sleep. He
has to go to work in the mornings, I don't. My natural rhythm is more
awake at night, and more asleep in the mornings, so our rhythms don't
exactly coincide. So when we do go to bed at the same time, I'm still
wide awake, and waffling my head off... He mostly goes through it
patiently, even replying when necessary (not often), tossing and turning
like he always does before falling asleep.

When this one time, he went patting on my head, as if he were, indeed
looking for something. "Hey! What are you doing?" I said, and he said
"looking for the off switch".....

Sas

Sas

Apr 12, 2002, 5:49:24 AM4/12/02

> "Sas" <s...@do.not.spam.nl> wrote in message
> > And the results are in! Read on.....
> >

> <snip> >
> > I don't like coffe. I like tea, although I'm not as much in love
with it
> > as you seem to be. But then... I'm not English! ;)
> >
> > I only drink coffe when it's about a couple of teaspoons of it in a
> > whole mug full of hot milk, with lots and lots of sugar. It's called
> > "koffie verkeerd" in the Netherlands, which means as much as "the
wrong
> > way round". The amounts of coffee and milk are, you see?
> >

> Sorry to butt in to anothers consiousness and all, but I gor nostalgic
when
> Sas was talking about Dutch coffee.
>
> I grew very attached to the 'brown' coffee milk I had while in the
> Netherlands. (I do hope you know what I'm on about). We don't get it
in
> England. I liked it. That and having mayonnaise with my chips. A
habit I
> have retained.

Sorry, I know nothing of brown coffee milk. Or is it more of a beige? I
don't have a clue what other coffee milk looks like though. Because I
don't drink coffee the regular way, you see.

But YES! Mayo with me chips! Yes! There's nothing better! And we've
converted you! Haha!

When were you in th Netherlands then? Did you just go to Amsterdam, or
did you actually see more of the Netherlands? did you like it? If so,
tell Mustang to go, will ya!

> ....I'm rambling again aren't I?......

Oh, yes, but I like it!

> Izzy

Mustang

Apr 12, 2002, 8:48:28 AM4/12/02
Sas <s...@do.not.spam.nl> wrote:
>> Yes. We must stamp out smoking!
>>
>> So who here smokes? Come on, be honest...
>
> I know Mike does, smokes like a chimney he said. But we've already
> discussed it, and we'd still be able to be in a room together just fine!
> (If he ever comes back, that is....)

Oh... I must've forgotten. Right, it's time to get on Mike's pip with
telling him to stop, then ;)

>> Yep. That might be quite nice, actually! :)
>
> Ah it is :)
>
> But it's a bit of a hassle to make, with cooking the milk and all... I
> rarely have it. Neither Marc nor I drink coffee the regular way, so the
> only way I ever get "koffie verkeerd" is when I'm at my parents' house
> and can steal a few spoonfuls of coffee from my mum when she's making
> some for herself.

Warming milk up isn't a problem? I do it every single day of my life
(virtually). I have Weetabix with hot milk for breakfast, and I have done
for years and years and years! Just bung it in the microwave, job done :)

>> Oh, well it's not hard, and I'm no good myself :)
>
> Snooker is a lot harder than pool though. Pool is easy, and it's fun.
> Snooker takes a lot more concentration and effort (if you want the balls
> to actually go in the pockets, that is ;))

Oh, well yes, smaller pockets, bigger table. Still, the rules are simpler,
because I always forget the various ones for pool (9-ball, English, etc)

>>> Oh and yes. Staple guns. They're kind of expensive, but I'd like to
> own
>>> one one day :)))
>>
>> Right...
>>
>> One silver Lotus for Silver.
>> One staple gun for Sas.
>>
>> I'll get you one some day, I promise :-)
>
> Ooh goody! That's sweet!

... and don't think I'm kidding ;)

> Anything we can do for *you*? A shiny new pick for your guitar maybe? ;)

A shiny new guitar for my pick, maybe ;) My pick is quite fine, it's the
guitar that's a bit naff!

You can't beat my current pick - it's great, and.... it's pink :-)

And then there was the old translucent, rainbow-coloured, shark-fin pick,
but that was a bit thin and flexible (good for strumming, though), and also
suffered from over-use, so it went into retirement :)

> Macy Gray was also in your list!

I know, and she was also in the same sentence as Sheryl and Alanis and co.,
not the list of unknowns :)
I got 'I Try' off a friend, in that case.

> Kane is a Dutch band, K's choice is
> Belgian. (Although both make English music, and very nice too) Matchbox
> Twenty is American, I think. And you know Live, don't you???

I have never heard of Live, no. I've heard of Matchbox Twenty and maybe
Kane, but not the others, nope!

>> Kind of. I imagine you don't have a majorly big thing for music. I've
>> *always* got some on, you see.
>
> True. I have some on when I feel like it, but I do just as well with
> silence (like now).

I have... ooh, something rather heavy on at the minute, surprisingly ;) I
like to revise to noisy music, as well. I'm weird :)

>> http://www.mustang.plus.com/Playlist.html
>
> Oh, I did go and have a look. ....interesting list there, Mustang....
> Who's Dickinson? Must be some hardrockperson, right?

Bruce Dickinson is the leader singer from Iron Maiden, but he went solo for
several years. He's got some brilliant music, does Bruce. Quite a bit of
William Blake in there, actually, and generally poetic songs at times.

> I like Alicia Keys, Pink and Dido too. I love Dido's album.

I only know the one Alicia Keys song, have Pink's latest album, and Dido's
too, which is great indeed :)
I need to buy Sheryl Crow's new one, and probably Alanis Morrisette's too,
although I missed the last one out.

>>> Yes yes, the confusion must end! Besides, I would never even presume
>>> try to compete with Silver for *any* half of you. You're all hers,
> after
>>> all....
>>
>> Ahh, well she wouldn't agree, I don't think <pout> :)
>
> Well, you must keep on it with the short tiger poking stick then,
> mustn't you ;)

Hehe, I'm not sure if poking would help or not in that case ;)

-Mustang Silver

Mustang

Apr 12, 2002, 8:52:49 AM4/12/02
Sas <s...@do.not.spam.nl> wrote:

>> No, I think I'm stuck with my tendency to warble on.
>>
>> I am the woman, who once was waffling on late at night when hubby was
> tired
>> and trying to get to sleep (I get very philosphical at about 11pm).
>> Suddenly, he started patting the back of my head as if he was hunting
> for
>> something. "What on earth are you doing?", I excalimed. "Looking for
> the
>> off switch", he replied.
>>
>> Izzy
>
> Oh MG!! I have the exact same experience. Don't ask me why, but I always
> waffle when I'm in bed with Marc, and he's trying to get to sleep. He
> has to go to work in the mornings, I don't. My natural rhythm is more
> awake at night, and more asleep in the mornings, so our rhythms don't
> exactly coincide. So when we do go to bed at the same time, I'm still
> wide awake, and waffling my head off... He mostly goes through it
> patiently, even replying when necessary (not often), tossing and turning
> like he always does before falling asleep.
>
> When this one time, he went patting on my head, as if he were, indeed
> looking for something. "Hey! What are you doing?" I said, and he said
> "looking for the off switch".....
>
> Sas

Haha! You pair! :) Did either of them succeed? I might have to bear that in
mind for the future :)

Failing that, there's always the pillow.... ;)

-Mustang Silver

Mustang

Apr 12, 2002, 8:57:57 AM4/12/02
Sas <s...@do.not.spam.nl> wrote:

> Sorry, I know nothing of brown coffee milk. Or is it more of a beige? I
> don't have a clue what other coffee milk looks like though. Because I
> don't drink coffee the regular way, you see.
>
> But YES! Mayo with me chips! Yes! There's nothing better! And we've
> converted you! Haha!

Red sauce for me! Or rather; 'tomato ketchup' for the posh amongst us ;)
Or salad cream. Not much of mayonnaise fan, but I can eat if necessary...

> When were you in th Netherlands then? Did you just go to Amsterdam, or
> did you actually see more of the Netherlands? did you like it? If so,
> tell Mustang to go, will ya!

Why can't you tell me to go? :) Am I supposed to go, or something? I...
urm... wasn't even aware... ;-)

What am I meant to go for? And where to? And who with? And for how long?
And... oh... :)

-Mustang Silver (talk about 'out of the blue' ;) )

Sas

Apr 12, 2002, 9:23:06 AM4/12/02
message news:cKAt8.9261$sL6.1...@news11-gui.server.ntli.net...

> Sas <s...@do.not.spam.nl> wrote:
> >> So who here smokes? Come on, be honest...
> >
> > I know Mike does, smokes like a chimney he said. But we've already
> > discussed it, and we'd still be able to be in a room together just
fine!
> > (If he ever comes back, that is....)
>
> Oh... I must've forgotten. Right, it's time to get on Mike's pip with
> telling him to stop, then ;)

Don't. It's no use. You wouldn't be telling him anything he doesn't
already know, and he's not stopping now, why would he stop when you tell
him to?

He'll stop if and when he's good and ready, and not a moment sooner, I
suspect... (No, I'm not being defeatist, just realistic, Silver!)

> > But it's a bit of a hassle to make, with cooking the milk and all...
> > rarely have it. Neither Marc nor I drink coffee the regular way, so
the
> > only way I ever get "koffie verkeerd" is when I'm at my parents'
house
> > and can steal a few spoonfuls of coffee from my mum when she's
making
> > some for herself.
>
> Warming milk up isn't a problem? I do it every single day of my life
> (virtually). I have Weetabix with hot milk for breakfast, and I have
done
> for years and years and years! Just bung it in the microwave, job done
:)

Tastes diffrent when it's been nuked. I can tell the diffrence. Must be
the oldfashioned in a pan warmed milk, or none at all for me!

<snip>

> >> Right...
> >>
> >> One silver Lotus for Silver.
> >> One staple gun for Sas.
> >>
> >> I'll get you one some day, I promise :-)
> >
> > Ooh goody! That's sweet!
>
> ... and don't think I'm kidding ;)
>
> > Anything we can do for *you*? A shiny new pick for your guitar
maybe? ;)

> A shiny new guitar for my pick, maybe ;) My pick is quite fine, it's
the
> guitar that's a bit naff!

Well, a shiny new guitar then

If I ever hit it big and become rich, I'll have to buy my dad a Ferarri
first, my brother and Marc a Porsche and I gather my sis wanted a Four
wheel drive Jeep. Oh and a nice castle in France for my entire family to
vacation in... After that, I'll get you a new guitar, I promise!

> You can't beat my current pick - it's great, and.... it's pink :-)

Pink? You have a thing for ... shall we say eccentric? colours, don't
you?

> And then there was the old translucent, rainbow-coloured, shark-fin
pick,
> but that was a bit thin and flexible (good for strumming, though), and
also
> suffered from over-use, so it went into retirement :)
>
> > Macy Gray was also in your list!
>
> I know, and she was also in the same sentence as Sheryl and Alanis and
co.,
> not the list of unknowns :)
> I got 'I Try' off a friend, in that case.

I've got her cd too. On how life is. Relaxed and funky :)

> > Kane is a Dutch band, K's choice is
> > Belgian. (Although both make English music, and very nice too)
Matchbox
> > Twenty is American, I think. And you know Live, don't you???
>
> I have never heard of Live, no. I've heard of Matchbox Twenty and
maybe
> Kane, but not the others, nope!

Live!!!! You *must* know them. Lightning Crashes! I alone! The Dolphin's
Cry (more recent) and... What's that new song? Can't remember.

I'm sure you know them. Lead singer was bald for a while. Now he's got
sort of a curly thing going on. He also played a *small* part in Fight
Club!!

Sas
<snips rest>

Mustang

Apr 12, 2002, 11:21:51 AM4/12/02
Sas <s...@do.not.spam.nl> wrote:

>> Oh... I must've forgotten. Right, it's time to get on Mike's pip with
>> telling him to stop, then ;)
>
> Don't. It's no use. You wouldn't be telling him anything he doesn't
> already know, and he's not stopping now, why would he stop when you tell
> him to?

Fair point, but I don't want to sit here knowing I'm letting him kill
himself, really :)

> He'll stop if and when he's good and ready, and not a moment sooner, I
> suspect... (No, I'm not being defeatist, just realistic, Silver!)

Being realistic is just being pessimistic, I think she might say ;-)

>> Warming milk up isn't a problem? I do it every single day of my life
>> (virtually). I have Weetabix with hot milk for breakfast, and I have
> done
>> for years and years and years! Just bung it in the microwave, job done
>> )
>
> Tastes diffrent when it's been nuked. I can tell the diffrence. Must be
> the oldfashioned in a pan warmed milk, or none at all for me!

Well, I used to warm it up in a pan for years before we got a microwave :)

>>> Anything we can do for *you*? A shiny new pick for your guitar
> maybe? ;)
>>
>> A shiny new guitar for my pick, maybe ;) My pick is quite fine, it's
> the
>> guitar that's a bit naff!
>
> Well, a shiny new guitar then
>
> If I ever hit it big and become rich, I'll have to buy my dad a Ferarri
> first, my brother and Marc a Porsche and I gather my sis wanted a Four
> wheel drive Jeep. Oh and a nice castle in France for my entire family to
> vacation in... After that, I'll get you a new guitar, I promise!

Yey, okay! I didn't try to think of something you could get me, I just
thought your idea was a bit backwards. But thinking about it anyway, a new
guitar would be just fine :-)

We're fairly easily pleased, then, whilst your dad, sister, Marc, and
Silver, all want bloody expensive motor vehicles. Tsk! ;)

>> You can't beat my current pick - it's great, and.... it's pink :-)
>
> Pink? You have a thing for ... shall we say eccentric? colours, don't
> you?

Hehe, not really. My friend gave me that one. Maybe that was why ;) It's
got orangey patterns on, a bit like a... well.... tiger, lol.
Oh, God, I'm *so* bored:
http://www.mustang.plus.com/Pick.jpg
It's a bit purpley/lilac, I suppose, especially on-screen, but I'm calling
it pink ;)

> Live!!!! You *must* know them. Lightning Crashes! I alone! The Dolphin's
> Cry (more recent) and... What's that new song? Can't remember.

No, no idea! Maybe I'd recognise a song, but not any name... sorry :)

> I'm sure you know them. Lead singer was bald for a while. Now he's got
> sort of a curly thing going on. He also played a *small* part in Fight
> Club!!

Ahh, well I probably wouldn't know what they looked like if I did know them,
and I've only seen Fight Club once!

I shall have to look into it :)

-Mustang Silver

Izzy

Apr 12, 2002, 1:00:36 PM4/12/02

> "Izzy" <fi...@removethis.ntlworld.com> wrote in message
> >
> > "Sas" <s...@do.not.spam.nl> wrote in message
> > > And the results are in! Read on.....
> > >

> > <snip> >
> Sorry, I know nothing of brown coffee milk. Or is it more of a beige? I
> don't have a clue what other coffee milk looks like though. Because I
> don't drink coffee the regular way, you see.

Beige would be more accurate than brown.

> But YES! Mayo with me chips! Yes! There's nothing better! And we've
> converted you! Haha!
>
> When were you in th Netherlands then? Did you just go to Amsterdam, or
> did you actually see more of the Netherlands? did you like it? If so,
> tell Mustang to go, will ya!
>
> > ....I'm rambling again aren't I?......
>
> Oh, yes, but I like it!

I visited 3 times to go to an Arts Conference near Zwolle to teach dance
and perform. I went by myself, and took the train, so I got to see a bit
of scenery, and stayed overnight in Amsterdam on the way back.

I found Dutch people very friendly and polite, and the trains were lovely!
I found I could get by reading Dutch becuase I speak German, and written
down Dutch looks a bit like a mix between German and English (well, sort
of - I know what I mean). Talking to someone was another matter.

But Mustang need not fear a trip to the Netherlands, nearly everyone speaks
really good English, and it is a very nice place to visit. Its not that
different from Britian. Culture shock is minimal.

Izzy

Izzy

Apr 12, 2002, 1:45:33 PM4/12/02

"Sas" <s...@do.not.spam.nl> wrote in message

<mad snippage with a machete>

> > I am the woman, who once was waffling on late at night when hubby
> >was tired and trying to get to sleep (I get very philosphical at about
> >11pm).Suddenly, he started patting the back of my head as if he was

> >hunting for something. "What on earth are you doing?", I excalimed.
> >"Looking for the off switch", he replied.
> >
> > Izzy
>
> Oh MG!! I have the exact same experience. Don't ask me why, but I always
> waffle when I'm in bed with Marc, and he's trying to get to sleep. He
> has to go to work in the mornings, I don't. My natural rhythm is more
> awake at night, and more asleep in the mornings, so our rhythms don't
> exactly coincide. So when we do go to bed at the same time, I'm still
> wide awake, and waffling my head off... He mostly goes through it
> patiently, even replying when necessary (not often), tossing and turning
> like he always does before falling asleep.
>
> When this one time, he went patting on my head, as if he were, indeed
> looking for something. "Hey! What are you doing?" I said, and he said
> "looking for the off switch".....

That is just plain freaky. I don't know what to say - what a wierd
coincidence.

I normally am exhausted enought to be in bed first nowadays. However, in
the days I did waffle, Mr Izzy would often fall asleep. Occaisionally he
talks in his sleep, which is very confusing.

Once he woke me up by saying, "You are my last verse" to me. I asked him
if he was alseep, first of all he said he was, then he said he wasn't. I
couldn't work out whether he was asleep or playing a joke on me. In the
end I flumped over and muttered, "You're weird!". To which he replied (and
I shall never forget this), "Yes, and peanut-butter flavoured".

If you tell me this has happened to you too, Sas, I will likely explode
with surprise.

Izzy

Izzy

Apr 12, 2002, 1:48:24 PM4/12/02
message news:mYCt8.12526$C21.2...@news6-win.server.ntlworld.com...
> Sas <s...@do.not.spam.nl> wrote:

< snip snip snip>

> >> You can't beat my current pick - it's great, and.... it's pink :-)
> >
> > Pink? You have a thing for ... shall we say eccentric? colours, don't
> > you?
>
> Hehe, not really. My friend gave me that one. Maybe that was why ;) It's
> got orangey patterns on, a bit like a... well.... tiger, lol.
> Oh, God, I'm *so* bored:
> http://www.mustang.plus.com/Pick.jpg
> It's a bit purpley/lilac, I suppose, especially on-screen, but I'm
calling
> it pink ;)

Today is surreal. This is the first time I have surfed the internet to
look at someone else's guitar pick.

Nosey, aren't I?

Izzy

Izzy

Apr 12, 2002, 1:09:17 PM4/12/02
message news:3OAt8.9285$sL6.1...@news11-gui.server.ntli.net...

I think I was stunned into silence.....then I laughed, and let him sleep.

Izzy

Sas

Apr 12, 2002, 4:29:09 PM4/12/02
message news:mYCt8.12526$C21.2...@news6-win.server.ntlworld.com...

> Sas <s...@do.not.spam.nl> wrote:
> >>
> > He'll stop if and when he's good and ready, and not a moment sooner,
> > suspect... (No, I'm not being defeatist, just realistic, Silver!)
>
> Being realistic is just being pessimistic, I think she might say ;-)

Yes, she might :)

Would we call Silver optimistic though? Somehow just doesn't seem right.
She seems generally too.... grim for such a positive adjective. But hey.
She's so opposed to defeatism (and realism), hence pessimism, I suppose
we *must* conclude that she is.

:))

> >> Warming milk up isn't a problem? I do it every single day of my
life
> >> (virtually). I have Weetabix with hot milk for breakfast, and I
have
> > done
> >> for years and years and years! Just bung it in the microwave, job
done
> >> )
> >
> > Tastes diffrent when it's been nuked. I can tell the diffrence. Must
be
> > the oldfashioned in a pan warmed milk, or none at all for me!
>
> Well, I used to warm it up in a pan for years before we got a
microwave :)

Neh. Too much bother for me. But I don't mind if *you* do it :))

> > maybe? ;)
> >>
> >> A shiny new guitar for my pick, maybe ;) My pick is quite fine,
it's
> > the
> >> guitar that's a bit naff!
> >
> > Well, a shiny new guitar then
> >
> > If I ever hit it big and become rich, I'll have to buy my dad a
Ferarri
> > first, my brother and Marc a Porsche and I gather my sis wanted a
Four
> > wheel drive Jeep. Oh and a nice castle in France for my entire
family to
> > vacation in... After that, I'll get you a new guitar, I promise!
>
> Yey, okay! I didn't try to think of something you could get me, I just
> thought your idea was a bit backwards. But thinking about it anyway, a
new
> guitar would be just fine :-)

No, it wasn't backwards, I was thinking more from the viewpoint of my
limited funds. I was trying to promise you something that I would
actually be able to get you one day, you see... (But read on about all
the "inexpensive" things on *my* wishlist...)

> We're fairly easily pleased, then, whilst your dad, sister, Marc, and
> Silver, all want bloody expensive motor vehicles. Tsk! ;)

Well, I know *I* am ;))

Actually, I've just ordered a Wacom tablet, Intuos2 6x8". It costs an
arm, a leg, one of my tits and a handful of my organs, but hey, in a few
weeks, I'll have a spanking new toy to make spiffy internetpages with
:)) (I'm spending money I've not even got yet...) Plus, it should make
working with pics a whole lot easier. I find the 0/1 options too limited
in Photoshop. I would like all the 1024 steps inbetween at my fingertips
too!

After that, I want to save some money to get my Mamiya a new lens. I've
currently only got one, and I'd like a wide-angle one. The 80mm is just
too limited...

It's just that the lens costs about as much as the entire camera (plus
that 80mm lens) cost me in the first place! All secondhand, you
understand.

> >> You can't beat my current pick - it's great, and.... it's pink :-)
> >
> > Pink? You have a thing for ... shall we say eccentric? colours,
don't
> > you?
>
> Hehe, not really. My friend gave me that one. Maybe that was why ;)
It's
> got orangey patterns on, a bit like a... well.... tiger, lol.
> Oh, God, I'm *so* bored:
> http://www.mustang.plus.com/Pick.jpg
> It's a bit purpley/lilac, I suppose, especially on-screen, but I'm
calling
> it pink ;)

Urh. Mustang, it's hideous! Go find that friend and *kick* him for me,
will you?!

> > Live!!!! You *must* know them. Lightning Crashes! I alone! The
Dolphin's
> > Cry (more recent) and... What's that new song? Can't remember.
>
> No, no idea! Maybe I'd recognise a song, but not any name... sorry :)

If I feel like it, I'll go find you an online song of theirs.

> > I'm sure you know them. Lead singer was bald for a while. Now he's
got
> > sort of a curly thing going on. He also played a *small* part in
Fight
> > Club!!
>
> Ahh, well I probably wouldn't know what they looked like if I did know
them,
> and I've only seen Fight Club once!

Brilliant! Well worth seeing at least twice!

> I shall have to look into it :)

Do.

> -Mustang Silver

Sas :)

Sas

Apr 12, 2002, 4:29:59 PM4/12/02

"Izzy" <fi...@removethis.ntlworld.com> wrote in message

No. We posted in a public forum, afterall. Didn't you think it was
ugly??

I know I did ;))

Sas

> Izzy

Sas

Apr 12, 2002, 4:39:53 PM4/12/02

"Izzy" <fi...@removethis.ntlworld.com> wrote in message

Nope. It seems that I am the one who talks in my sleep. Marc is always
blissfully silent. (And I love him for it!) (well, not *only* for that
of course...)

The last time, Marc payed attention and it seems that I sat bolt upright
in bed in the middle of the night, patted him down with my right hand,
like I was looking for something, and said something like "Hey! Where
did you put it?"

He was asleep at the time, but woke up, memorized the words and asked me
what I had been looking for the next morning. He was laughing himself
silly, because I obviously didn't have a clue.

The question is of course: Where'd he put *what*?

;))

But "You are my last verse" sounds very poetic and beautiful to me! I
wish someone would saythat to me, even in his sleep...

Sas
-- peanutbutter flavoured - *lol*!!!

Sas

Apr 12, 2002, 4:45:46 PM4/12/02

> I visited 3 times to go to an Arts Conference near Zwolle to teach
dance
> and perform. I went by myself, and took the train, so I got to see a
bit
> of scenery, and stayed overnight in Amsterdam on the way back.
>
> I found Dutch people very friendly and polite, and the trains were
lovely!
> I found I could get by reading Dutch becuase I speak German, and
written
> down Dutch looks a bit like a mix between German and English (well,
sort
> of - I know what I mean). Talking to someone was another matter.
>
> But Mustang need not fear a trip to the Netherlands, nearly everyone
speaks
> really good English, and it is a very nice place to visit. Its not
that
> different from Britian. Culture shock is minimal.
>
> Izzy

Well, next time you're here, look me up, will you? Tell me when, and
I'll email you my adress :) We could go for... coffee with beige milk.
Or tea, if you prefer ;))

I used to take the train every week. It took me 105 minutes to get from
Enschede to Utrecht and 105 minutes to get back two days later. I didn't
really like it at the time, but I took something to drink, something to
eat, music and a book with me, and I survived the trip fine. Now, I find
that I miss it. It was a fixed point of tranquility in my week, and I
look back at those trips lovingly.

We could speak German to eachother :) Or English, because I do that
pretty well too...

So you're a dancer? Is that how you make your living in the UK too?

Sas

Sas

Apr 12, 2002, 4:48:58 PM4/12/02
message news:XRAt8.9310$sL6.1...@news11-gui.server.ntli.net...
> Sas <s...@do.not.spam.nl> wrote:

<Sas asked Izzy>

> > When were you in th Netherlands then? Did you just go to Amsterdam,
or
> > did you actually see more of the Netherlands? did you like it? If
so,
> > tell Mustang to go, will ya!
>
> Why can't you tell me to go? :) Am I supposed to go, or something?
I...
> urm... wasn't even aware... ;-)

Yes, you're supposed to get off yer arse and go see the world. Starting
with the Netherlands and my house! I told you that long ago, didn't I?
But *no*, you want to sit on yer bum all day, go to uni occasionally....
;)

> What am I meant to go for? And where to? And who with? And for how
long?
> And... oh... :)

Or, you could start with Silver's house, if she'll let you in. She might
bite you though, for poking her with that stick... ;))

> -Mustang Silver (talk about 'out of the blue' ;) )

Sas
-- go! See the world! Yes, go on. Go!

Mustang

Apr 12, 2002, 5:55:47 PM4/12/02
Izzy <fi...@removethis.ntlworld.com> wrote:

> Today is surreal. This is the first time I have surfed the internet to
> look at someone else's guitar pick.

Certainly one to tell the grandkids... ;)

> Nosey, aren't I?
>
> Izzy

Well, if you have any random articles to show us, I'll be equally as nosey
and interested in all the pointlessness of it :)

-Mustang Silver

Mustang

Apr 12, 2002, 6:13:19 PM4/12/02
Sas <s...@do.not.spam.nl> wrote:
>> Being realistic is just being pessimistic, I think she might say ;-)
>
> Yes, she might :)
>
> Would we call Silver optimistic though? Somehow just doesn't seem right.
> She seems generally too.... grim for such a positive adjective. But hey.
> She's so opposed to defeatism (and realism), hence pessimism, I suppose
> we *must* conclude that she is.
>
> :))

Correct! And... she's not exactly grim, just... a cynic, I think, maybe :)
But definitely optimistic. Mostly.

>> Well, I used to warm it up in a pan for years before we got a
> microwave :)
>
> Neh. Too much bother for me. But I don't mind if *you* do it :))

Alrighty, *I'll* do it if I'm in the vicinity, then :-)

>> Yey, okay! I didn't try to think of something you could get me, I just
>> thought your idea was a bit backwards. But thinking about it anyway, a
> new
>> guitar would be just fine :-)
>
> No, it wasn't backwards, I was thinking more from the viewpoint of my
> limited funds. I was trying to promise you something that I would
> actually be able to get you one day, you see... (But read on about all
> the "inexpensive" things on *my* wishlist...)

Yes, guitar picks can come in at around 35p, so I think you might just
manage ;)
I will no doubt take in the price of any staple guns if I see them, just so
I have a rough idea!

>> We're fairly easily pleased, then, whilst your dad, sister, Marc, and
>> Silver, all want bloody expensive motor vehicles. Tsk! ;)
>
> Well, I know *I* am ;))
>
> Actually, I've just ordered a Wacom tablet, Intuos2 6x8". It costs an
> arm, a leg, one of my tits and a handful of my organs, but hey, in a few
> weeks, I'll have a spanking new toy to make spiffy internetpages with
>> )) (I'm spending money I've not even got yet...) Plus, it should make
> working with pics a whole lot easier. I find the 0/1 options too limited
> in Photoshop. I would like all the 1024 steps inbetween at my fingertips
> too!

I hope you've not had the arm, leg, tit, and organs all from the same side,
or you might be a bit off-balance ;)

I had a go with a graphics tablet once, and it was... well, weird! Must take
some getting used to. The on/off interface of my mouse button is fine for
me, but I don't do much image editing. I do need spangly graphics cards and
so on, though ;)

> After that, I want to save some money to get my Mamiya a new lens. I've
> currently only got one, and I'd like a wide-angle one. The 80mm is just
> too limited...
>
> It's just that the lens costs about as much as the entire camera (plus
> that 80mm lens) cost me in the first place! All secondhand, you
> understand.

My sister bought my dad a zoom lens for his camera a while back. That
probably cost her half of her anatomy, too! I looked into it before, but...
hmm, no way can I afford several hundred pounds! Second hand is about the
only option :)

> Urh. Mustang, it's hideous! Go find that friend and *kick* him for me,
> will you?!

Hey, it's a good guitar pick, that one! :) But I find I misplace them just
as easily no matter what bloody colour they are ;)

I never lose them, just temporarily misplace them. Like if a stop playing
for a second, and I drop it without thinking. They do get in some funny
places... <sigh> :)

>> No, no idea! Maybe I'd recognise a song, but not any name... sorry :)
>
> If I feel like it, I'll go find you an online song of theirs.

Well, recommend some, and I guess I can download them myself easily enough.
I'll go with the ones you listed for now.

>> Ahh, well I probably wouldn't know what they looked like if I did know
> them,
>> and I've only seen Fight Club once!
>
> Brilliant! Well worth seeing at least twice!

Yes, I guess so, and because I know the story second time around! :)

>> I shall have to look into it :)
>
> Do.

Am looking now. The songs you mentioned are blocked out (on Audiogalaxy),
but I'll find some 'alternatively' named ones and grab some. I see Metallica
and Creed in the 'others listeners liked', so they might be good! Not that I
know more than about two creed songs, but they were alright. And I have all
of Metallica's stuff, despite their lack of presence in my mp3 list.

I shall let you know how I get on ;)

-Mustang Silver

Mustang

Apr 12, 2002, 6:16:52 PM4/12/02
Sas <s...@do.not.spam.nl> wrote:

> Nope. It seems that I am the one who talks in my sleep. Marc is always
> blissfully silent. (And I love him for it!) (well, not *only* for that
> of course...)

I hope I don't waffle in my sleep. I do it enough in the day ;)

Well no, I'm pretty quiet actually. I'm just different online - typing is
much less effort than speaking ;)

Oh, my sister said I talk in my sleep, once, when we were sharing a room on
holiday. I think (hope!) it was a one off :)

-Mustang Silver

Mustang

Apr 12, 2002, 6:25:45 PM4/12/02
Sas <s...@do.not.spam.nl> wrote:

> Yes, you're supposed to get off yer arse and go see the world. Starting
> with the Netherlands and my house! I told you that long ago, didn't I?
> But *no*, you want to sit on yer bum all day, go to uni occasionally....
> ;)

No, I don't *want* to, I just... do! I'll get some money this summer (I got
that job, btw), so I might be able to go somewhere. Although I'm not sure if
I'll get much/any holiday time, so there's a bit of nasty irony for you :)

And as for you house - I thought you were rather opposed to meeting weirdos
like us (well, I speak for myself ;) ) from the internet...? Ah, I'm not
sure I could visit without CB's presence, anyway :) It might not feel
right, I don't know...

>> What am I meant to go for? And where to? And who with? And for how
> long?
>> And... oh... :)
>
> Or, you could start with Silver's house, if she'll let you in. She might
> bite you though, for poking her with that stick... ;))

No, she wouldn't let me in, she'd *kick* me all the way to Leicestershire ;)
And that would be if I could ever *find* her house. I would be entirely
guessing, and there are a lot of houses in the UK ;)

And never you mind about the biting ;-)

>> -Mustang Silver (talk about 'out of the blue' ;) )
>
> Sas
> -- go! See the world! Yes, go on. Go!

Ahh, this is where I need a plane! Then I can just fly over it all and see
it. Yes, there we go, that's the answer ;) lol

-Mustang Silver

Mustang

Apr 12, 2002, 6:31:10 PM4/12/02
Izzy <fi...@removethis.ntlworld.com> wrote:

> But Mustang need not fear a trip to the Netherlands, nearly everyone
> speaks really good English, and it is a very nice place to visit. Its
> not that different from Britian. Culture shock is minimal.
>
> Izzy

Oh, I wouldn't really fear the trip, no. Well, I'm probably lying - I never
go anywhere, and never on my own (wait till I get my own car, then I'm going
*everywhere* :) ), so I would probably crap myself ;) And trains... I've
been on about three in my life - not sure I would end up going the right
direction on one of those ;-)

I have three Dutch friends, one of whom you know ;), and they all speak
rather good English, indeed. Better than a lot of English/Americans online
:) And two of those Dutch friends are Chinese, too. I'm not confused,
honest! ;)

-Mustang Silver

Sas

Apr 12, 2002, 7:47:32 PM4/12/02
message news:5bJt8.11210$sL6.1...@news11-gui.server.ntli.net...

> Sas <s...@do.not.spam.nl> wrote:
> >
> > Yes, you're supposed to get off yer arse and go see the world.
Starting
> > with the Netherlands and my house! I told you that long ago, didn't
I?
> > But *no*, you want to sit on yer bum all day, go to uni
occasionally....
> > ;)
>
> No, I don't *want* to, I just... do! I'll get some money this summer
(I got
> that job, btw)

I *did* wonder about that, as you once said that you not going anywhere
was mostly due to you not having any money. And thenyou mentioned going
for a job interview (was that last week?). And I didn't dare ask if
you'd got it, because I rather thougfht you'd have told us if you'd got
ten it, and if you didn't, then it would perhaps be an embarrassing
question... But in retrospect, I should have known better, because I
don't think you embarrass so easily.

So: good for you! What kind of job is it anyways????

, so I might be able to go somewhere. Although I'm not sure if
> I'll get much/any holiday time, so there's a bit of nasty irony for
you :)

> And as for you house - I thought you were rather opposed to meeting
weirdos
> like us (well, I speak for myself ;) ) from the internet...? Ah, I'm
not
> sure I could visit without CB's presence, anyway :) It might not feel
> right, I don't know...

I still don't know where you got this notion. I don't think I remember
me ever saying anything of the sort... I do remember I said something
about if I'd met McG offline first, and he looked like an axe murderer,
I probably wouldn't have stepped up to meet him. But that it's different
now that we've all "met" and gotten to know eachother on here first...

That's *all* I can remember saying on the subject, honest! I'm not
opposed!

I certainly don't remember ever saying that I wasn't up for it. Remember
Bex inviting us all to her house? I was one of those people who said it
might be fun!

Btw, it's a bit further along the globe for CB. Might take a bit of
coordination.... Besides, we haven't a clue what the guy looks like, so
we would be accosting random male-persons at Schiphol, asking them if
they are CookieBear...... We might stand a better chance of catching him
if we picked those with brownish hair and paint on their hands. (CB? You
making notes? Make sure you've got paint on yer hands, will ya?
Preferrably blue, if you've got any. Thanks ;))

> >> What am I meant to go for? And where to? And who with? And for how
> > long?
> >> And... oh... :)
> >
> > Or, you could start with Silver's house, if she'll let you in. She
might
> > bite you though, for poking her with that stick... ;))
>
> No, she wouldn't let me in, she'd *kick* me all the way to
Leicestershire ;)
> And that would be if I could ever *find* her house. I would be
entirely
> guessing, and there are a lot of houses in the UK ;)
>
> And never you mind about the biting ;-)

I was just going with the tiger-analogy!! Wasn't thinking anything
innuendous at all, I swear.

> >> -Mustang Silver (talk about 'out of the blue' ;) )
> >
> > Sas
> > -- go! See the world! Yes, go on. Go!
>
> Ahh, this is where I need a plane! Then I can just fly over it all and
see
> it. Yes, there we go, that's the answer ;) lol

Well? Can't you just build yourself a nice one? I mean, what are you
studying the aeronautic engineering for if you can't even build your own
plane???? ;)

> -Mustang Silver

Sas

Ms T

Apr 12, 2002, 10:01:24 PM4/12/02
Edited for clarity:
"Mustang" <I'llShootSpammersWi...@ntlworld.com> wrote:

<nip>

> No, I don't *want* to, I just... do! I'll get some money this summer

*****************(I got that job, btw), ********************

so I might be able to go somewhere. Although I'm not sure if
> I'll get much/any holiday time, so there's a bit of nasty irony for you :)

<pats Mustang Silver on back>

Congradulations! WooHoo! Good for you! Yippie! :-D

Job doing what? Oh it doesn't matter.., you'll like it right?

<nipped again!>

> -Mustang Silver

ever changing calm

Ms T

Apr 12, 2002, 10:07:26 PM4/12/02

"Ms T" caught a mispelled word just after hitting send and it went bye
bye..., :(

<sigh> Stupid spell checker! Seems now it only checks if I highlight
words.., Must be a time for a reboot..,

Izzy

Apr 13, 2002, 2:36:36 AM4/13/02

"Sas" <s...@do.not.spam.nl> wrote in message

Let's just say that if someone forced me to wear a dress in that design,
I'd have to shoot them. ;-)

Izzy

Izzy

Apr 13, 2002, 2:52:06 AM4/13/02

"Sas" <s...@do.not.spam.nl> wrote in message

Not any longer. I got fed up being paid peanuts for jobs that only
appeared 'now and then'. I now edit and do all the graphics etc. for a
cable television programme. I discovered that editing was abit like
choreography. I had a good sense of flow and timing from creating dances,
and an idea of how to lay things out from doing art and photography, so it
all helped.

I saw in another thread you were talking about a camera. What do you do?

Izzy

Izzy

Apr 13, 2002, 2:53:44 AM4/13/02

> "Izzy" <fi...@removethis.ntlworld.com> wrote in message
> >
> > "Sas" <s...@do.not.spam.nl> wrote in message
> > >
> > <mad snippage with a machete>

> > Once he woke me up by saying, "You are my last verse" to me. I asked

The poetic bit is kind of offset by the peanut butter bit. He is only
occaisionally romantic. Like yesterday, when he came home from work I
found a brown envelope with a ribbon drawn on it to look like a present
sitting on the keyboard (where else would I look first!). When I opened it
up I found theatre tickets. I had wanted to go and see a show with someone
I used to dance at school with in it (she's now quite famous in the West
End), but had neglected to go and get tickets. I discovered he had bought
two tickets for the matinee today and organised a babysitter. Hooray!

Izzy

Ms T

Apr 13, 2002, 3:18:00 AM4/13/02

"Izzy" wrote:

<nip>

> > No. We posted in a public forum, afterall. Didn't you think it was
> > ugly??
> >
> > I know I did ;))
> >
> > Sas
> >

> Let's just say that if someone forced me to wear a dress in that design,
> I'd have to shoot them. ;-)
>
> Izzy

Oh I don't know.., depends on who would be wearing it? Lara perhaps? And
make a latex strapless mini /she's got to wrap her leg holsters *some*
where!/ dress and I dare say no one would complain to her that the
colors/design were "ugly"! <grin>

"DON'T question *me*!"
--Pasty Stone of Absolutely Fabulous

Izzy

Apr 13, 2002, 3:34:45 AM4/13/02
message news:0fJt8.11216$sL6.1...@news11-gui.server.ntli.net...

> Izzy <fi...@removethis.ntlworld.com> wrote:
> >
> > But Mustang need not fear a trip to the Netherlands, nearly everyone
> > speaks really good English, and it is a very nice place to visit. Its
> > not that different from Britian. Culture shock is minimal.
> >
> > Izzy
>
> Oh, I wouldn't really fear the trip, no. Well, I'm probably lying - I
never
> go anywhere, and never on my own (wait till I get my own car, then I'm
going
> *everywhere* :) ), so I would probably crap myself ;) And trains... I've
> been on about three in my life - not sure I would end up going the right
> direction on one of those ;-)

Mustang, you're making yourself sound like a hermit. That and the fact
you've had curry twice!

I really believe its good for British people to visit other countries and
experience other cultures. Obviously excluded from this concept is going
to Benidorm for a week and eating and drinking in 'English' pubs, with your
English mates.

I'd travel more now if I got the chance, but now I have kids its harder to
up and off (and more expensive). Travelling on your own is not too bad -
I've done it a few times, and I would consider myself quite a cautious
person. I'm very good at wanting to do stuff, but very bad at getting
round to it. But I must say that getting round to seeing more of the world
(and there is quite a lot I haven't seen) is one of my better decisions.

Izzy

Sas

Apr 13, 2002, 6:48:38 AM4/13/02

> "Sas" <s...@do.not.spam.nl> wrote in message
> > But "You are my last verse" sounds very poetic and beautiful to me!
> > wish someone would say that to me, even in his sleep...

> > Sas
> > -- peanutbutter flavoured - *lol*!!!
> >

> The poetic bit is kind of offset by the peanut butter bit.

Yes, but then. I rather think the peanutbutter flavoured bit is
hilariously funny, so I don't mind. After all. *you* were his last
verse, and *he* is peanutbutter flavoured ;) It would be different if
he'd said you were his last verse and then also told you you were
peanutbutter flavoured... Now, at least it makes some kind of sense!

> He is only
> occaisionally romantic. Like yesterday, when he came home from work I
> found a brown envelope with a ribbon drawn on it to look like a
present
> sitting on the keyboard (where else would I look first!).

(Me too. It's almost the first thing I do every day, I'm ashamed to
admit it)

> When I opened it
> up I found theatre tickets. I had wanted to go and see a show with
someone
> I used to dance at school with in it (she's now quite famous in the
West
> End), but had neglected to go and get tickets. I discovered he had
bought
> two tickets for the matinee today and organised a babysitter. Hooray!
>
> Izzy

Oh that's *sweet*! And very thoughtful.

I don't think Marc would ever do something like that all on his own
accord.... (Yes, I'm a bit jealous now! ;))

Sas

Sas

Apr 13, 2002, 7:00:13 AM4/13/02

> "Sas" <s...@do.not.spam.nl> wrote in message
> > So you're a dancer? Is that how you make your living in the UK too?
> >
> > Sas
> >

> Not any longer. I got fed up being paid peanuts for jobs that only
> appeared 'now and then'. I now edit and do all the graphics etc. for
> cable television programme. I discovered that editing was abit like
> choreography. I had a good sense of flow and timing from creating
dances,
> and an idea of how to lay things out from doing art and photography,
so it
> all helped.
>
> I saw in another thread you were talking about a camera. What do you
do?

> Izzy

I'm a photographer. I graduated from art school in june last year.
Started my own one-person company (is that what it's called? Might just
be "business") beginning of this year. Thought about getting a steady
job in webdesign (because I like doing that, designing pages, and trying
to build them). But decided against it eventually, as the market for
webdesigners is rather... small these days.

So instead, I'll probably be doing odd jobs until such time when I can
get actual assignments in photography. I've applied to a book store, and
a club (dancing, yay!)(although nothing professional or even trained, I
love to dance in my own ...way). I *almost* got a photography gig a few
weeks ago, but it fell through. Bugger!

I've got a very old Canon 24x36mm, and a lovely, lovely quirky Mamiya
6x6cm double lens camera. That's the one I was talking about. I got it
secondhand for an arm and a leg, and a wideangle lens for it
(secondhand) would cost me about as much as well...

I've got a few pics up on my new site, but I'm still working on putting
more on there. Wil post the link if you're interested.

But then, you might also not be, so I'll just wait until asked ;)

Sas

Mustang

Apr 13, 2002, 9:23:11 AM4/13/02
Sas <s...@do.not.spam.nl> wrote:
<snip all>

> Sas

Will get back to you on this one. Gotta get packing v. soon to move my stuff
back to uni, so I'm skipping it for now.

-Mustang Silver

Mustang

Apr 13, 2002, 9:22:14 AM4/13/02
Ms T <anthropoidB...@cox.net> wrote:

> <pats Mustang Silver on back>
>
> Congradulations! WooHoo! Good for you! Yippie! :-D

It's not *that* exciting. No big deal. Apart from the fact that *I* have a
job - that is a big deal ;)

> Job doing what? Oh it doesn't matter.., you'll like it right?

Just a temporary one, for my summer holiday, will be mostly office work -
wonderfully exciting data input and stuff like that, I think. And maybe some
work in the warehouse if things get a bit slack, which I probably won't
mind, because I won't be sat on my arse all day!

It's not like I'm lined up for a career, I've just got a little job :)

-Mustang Silver

Mustang

Apr 13, 2002, 9:25:16 AM4/13/02
Izzy <fi...@removethis.ntlworld.com> wrote:

> Mustang, you're making yourself sound like a hermit. That and the fact
> you've had curry twice!
<snip>

Will get back to you too. And I am a hermit ;)

-Mustang Silver

Cookiebear

Apr 13, 2002, 10:14:18 AM4/13/02

> "Cookiebear" <na...@peeoff.org> wrote in message

> > "Sas" <s...@do.not.spam.nl> wrote in message
> > > So Mustang... what's your stance on smoking?
> > >
> > > And... tea or coffee? Oh no, I know that one already, we're in
> > > agreement!
>
> CB.... likes chocolate. Not sure about coffee or tea. Ah yes. Might
have
> been green tea. No coffee though. Does drink lots and lots of water,
> iirc.

I certainly do! :-)
I like a bit of tea now and then. But I like drinking green tea more.
It's probably better for me and it doesn't stain my teeth as much as
tea, tea would I dare say. Not that it does. And I can certainly handle
my coffee and do like it, but I tend to stay away from it as it's a
substance that just doesn't feel like it's doing me and good. Just a
whole lot of mess to clear out of my kidneys I dare say. The last cup I
had was ages ago. And as for people that go on about the 'early morning
pick me up', studies seem to show that it's only the satisfaction of
satiating the addiction to coffee that gives that buzz. I wouldn't say
no to a coffee chocolate though. ;-) And yes I mostly drink lot's of
water.

> > > Sports?
>
> I'd say no. Doesn't seem like the sporty type.

Yes I hate all sport as a general rule. ;-)

> > Women and make-up?
>
> Well, you do like to paint, so I'm guessing... yes? lol! ;))

A little make up yes, why not. ;-) But I don't like too much. And no I'm
not talking about myself wearing it. ;-)

> > Women drivers?
>
> Hm. No idea. Don't think we've ever discussed women drivers, have we?

I don't think so. But I don't quite understand. You say that the good
woman drivers should drive like a responsible man. When you surely mean
that good women drivers should drive responsibly. What do men have to do
with it? They are just other people that happen to have dangly bits. ;-)
If women drivers are statistically worse than men (I have no idea and
don't believe it to be true.), then it probably has something to do with
the insane need for men to always be the driver. So I dare say with a
few couples the women only ever get to drive around to the shops or a
friends place. But when they actually go somewhere the man always
drives. So after awhile she loses her confidence going on the highway or
whatever. So that really has more to do with men being bad drivers. Or
bad something's, I don't know what. But I know that I wouldn't do that.

> > Homosexuals?
>
> I'd say yes. I think you're not opposed.

Not opposed at all. Not in the slightest.

> > Sex on tv?
>
> No idea. I don't think you really have a stance on that. but I *do*
know
> which shows you like! (Will and Grace is off here, by the way. Have
been
> for a few months now. I miss them!!)

Yes I wouldn't really mind just so long as it didn't interrupt proper
telly programs, that would really pee me off. ;-)
I think we had the new season of Will and Grace a while ago. At least I
think it was the new stuff. ;-)
And you mentioned John Bon Jovi on Ally, he only turned up on ours just
this week. It was the one where Ally (Alison to her shrink) ;-) finds
the house. Do you have "Six feet under" on over there yet?
I keep asking you because it's one of my new favorites. ;-) Oh and I got
that region 1 Final fantasy SP edition DVD today. And it really is
rather amazing! The facial animation and, well everything. It's a very
very good job! ;-)

> > > Staplers? (Yes, those little apparatus with the metal bits in 'em)
>
> I'd like to think that you're pretty fond of staplers. Are you? (I
know
> I am :)) Just be sure to keep your fingers clear of the gap!

Yes I certainly do! And I try to keep my fingers out of the way, fear
compels me! But I'm sure it's for the best. ;-)
Yes they are fun! Even those things that you use to take staples out,
those things with the pointy teeth, not that I have any use for them but
I like to make them talk a bit. ;-) Or pretend that they are a fearsome
predator that strikes fear into any soft erasers heart. ;-)

> > > <official tone> Please answer all questions fully and explain your
> > > answer if you can. <end of official tone>
> > >
> > > Oh! I've got one where we're of a different mind. Music. I'm not
one
> > for
> > > Iron Maiden, or hardrock in general... Except for the Buffy the
> > Vampire
> > > Slayer soundtrack ;))
> > >
> > > Sas
> > > -- curious what the results will be!
> > >

> > But not me. ;-)
> > Well I suppose you already know the answers with me though. ;-)
> > Well you better. We'll be having a test on it. ;-)
>
> I went over the questions above, but I'm not sure. I don't think we're
> sharing a consciousness, CB. Me being sane, after all ;))

Well no, of course not. ;-) I think it would be quite boring if we were.
I might as well just sit by myself. ;-) But we are something else.
Compatible in another way.

> Sas

-Cookiebear

Cookiebear

Apr 13, 2002, 10:50:50 AM4/13/02
> Btw, it's a bit further along the globe for CB. Might take a bit of
> coordination.... Besides, we haven't a clue what the guy looks like,
so
> we would be accosting random male-persons at Schiphol, asking them if
> they are CookieBear...... We might stand a better chance of catching
him
> if we picked those with brownish hair and paint on their hands. (CB?
You
> making notes? Make sure you've got paint on yer hands, will ya?
> Preferrably blue, if you've got any. Thanks ;))

Ok, blue,.. Check. ;-)

-Cookiebear

Ms T

Apr 13, 2002, 10:56:56 AM4/13/02

> "Mustang" <I'llShootSpammersWi...@ntlworld.com> wrote in
> message news:5bJt8.11210$sL6.1...@news11-gui.server.ntli.net...
> > Sas <s...@do.not.spam.nl> wrote:

<nip>

> > Ahh, this is where I need a plane! Then I can just fly over it all and
> see
> > it. Yes, there we go, that's the answer ;) lol
>
> Well? Can't you just build yourself a nice one? I mean, what are you
> studying the aeronautic engineering for if you can't even build your own
> plane???? ;)
>
> > -Mustang Silver
>
> Sas

*I* wasn't going to say it.., Thank you Sas! ;)

~t

Ms T

Apr 13, 2002, 11:04:13 AM4/13/02

"Sas" <s...@do.not.spam.nl> wrote in message

<nip N tuc>

> So instead, I'll probably be doing odd jobs until such time when I can
> get actual assignments in photography. I've applied to a book store, and
> a club (dancing, yay!)(although nothing professional or even trained, I
> love to dance in my own ...way). I *almost* got a photography gig a few
> weeks ago, but it fell through. Bugger!

Okay, forgive me for butting in.., but I've *got* to ask.., What *kind* of
club dancing are we talking about here Sas? Perhaps it's an American
cultural handicap, but my first thought was "exotic" (I'll leave my
definition of that out for now) dancing.., Not that this would be a BAD
thing, but inquiring minds want to know! ;)

<cut>

> Sas

~t

Ms T

Apr 13, 2002, 2:54:49 PM4/13/02

"Cookiebear" <na...@peeoff.org> wrote in message

<sliced off>

> > > Women drivers?
> >
> > Hm. No idea. Don't think we've ever discussed women drivers, have we?
> >

> I don't think so. But I don't quite understand. You say that the good
> woman drivers should drive like a responsible man. When you surely mean
> that good women drivers should drive responsibly. What do men have to do
> with it? They are just other people that happen to have dangly bits. ;-)
> If women drivers are statistically worse than men (I have no idea and
> don't believe it to be true.), then it probably has something to do with
> the insane need for men to always be the driver. So I dare say with a
> few couples the women only ever get to drive around to the shops or a
> friends place. But when they actually go somewhere the man always
> drives. So after awhile she loses her confidence going on the highway or
> whatever. So that really has more to do with men being bad drivers. Or
> bad something's, I don't know what. But I know that I wouldn't do that.

Thank you again CB! I am starting to *count* on you for bringing clarity to
these issues. Although you may be more intolerant (for lack of a better
word) regarding sexism than I am, I think your mind is clear about gender vs
nongender issues. [no time to word that better right now.., hope it comes
across correctly!] :)

<'nuther chunk hacked off>

> > Sas
> >
> -Cookiebear

~t
--
You know you're a liberal when your definition of liberal is different than
everyone else's.

Bex

Apr 13, 2002, 3:10:48 PM4/13/02
"Ms T" wrote:
> Thank you again CB! I am starting to *count* on you for bringing
clarity to
> these issues. Although you may be more intolerant (for lack of a
better
> word) regarding sexism than I am, I think your mind is clear about
gender vs
> nongender issues. [no time to word that better right now.., hope it
comes
> across correctly!] :)
>
> <'nuther chunk hacked off>

Here's a true story:

I am learning to drive, and when I told the insurance company I was a
musician and web developer my insurance fee doubled. I put the phone
down and then phoned them back, and said I was a housewife. The fee
halved. Now tell me - why does the fact that I write music and do web
sites make my insurance higher???!!! Apparently, to quote the guy at the
end of the phone "musicians are more likely to take drugs and crash".
Um.. yeah. Whatever.

Anyway, getting back on topic: Women's insurance in the UK is generally
LESS than a man's due to the lower rate of accidents. Tells ya something
I guess. ;-)

-Bex.

Sas

Apr 13, 2002, 4:48:19 PM4/13/02

"Ms T" <anthropoidB...@cox.net> wrote in message

Um... Ooops. I didn't mean it like that. But boy, am I glad you asked!

It's two different things, really. The job is at the desk thingie where
people buy a ticket to get in. And in exchange for that, I get a free
pass and can get into the club whenever I like (when not working at the
entrance thingie, obviously), and go dancing, which I like to do....

It's just a regular night club, I guess, where people in their early or
mid, or late twenties (or about that age) go to drink, dance and be
merry.

No exotic dancing involved... Oooh, but that would have been kinky,
wouldn't it? Now fess up, people, who all though I was an exotic
dancer?? Hm. But I think it clashes with my personality. And I think
getting up on a stage with scant clothes on takes more guts than I
have...

Oh man, what a silly mistake! How do I getmyself *in* these things
anyway???

Sas
-- thanks, t!

Sas

Apr 13, 2002, 5:03:55 PM4/13/02

"Bex" <b...@1amber.freeserve.co.uk> wrote in message

> "Ms T" wrote:
> > Thank you again CB! I am starting to *count* on you for bringing
> clarity to
> > these issues. Although you may be more intolerant (for lack of a
> better
> > word) regarding sexism than I am, I think your mind is clear about
> gender vs
> > nongender issues. [no time to word that better right now.., hope it
> comes
> > across correctly!] :)
> >
> > <'nuther chunk hacked off>
>

> Here's a true story:
>
> I am learning to drive, and when I told the insurance company I was a
> musician and web developer my insurance fee doubled. I put the phone
> down and then phoned them back, and said I was a housewife. The fee
> halved. Now tell me - why does the fact that I write music and do web
> sites make my insurance higher???!!! Apparently, to quote the guy at
the
> end of the phone "musicians are more likely to take drugs and crash".
> Um.. yeah. Whatever.

OMG. That is *so* .... am at a loss for words. Frustrating comes to mind
though...

> Anyway, getting back on topic: Women's insurance in the UK is
generally
> LESS than a man's due to the lower rate of accidents. Tells ya
something
> I guess. ;-)
>
> -Bex.

My point wasn't about "unsafe" (as in reckless) driving. It's just
about... not having any guts. If someone is totally holding up all
traffic with some stupid stunt, it is either a. a woman or b. an older
person (say over 70)...

(And when it's an older person it is in 99% percent of the cases a man,
because older women *never* drive, but that's a whole different matter)

I'm a great driver.

I'm a woman, and I'm a great driver.

I'm not saying that women are generally bad drivers. I am also not
saying that they (sorry: *we*!) *can't* be good drivers. I'm just
saying, that if there is an annoyance on the road, someone driving
insanely slowly, or very very hesitantly, it is usually a woman. And I
say: if you are afraid to drive (and by drive I mean *drrrrrrive*),
don't. Going eighty on a road where *everyone* does 120 is just
unhealthy.

Otoh. (And of *course* there is another hand) if someone is absolutely
irresponsible the other side of the spectrum (i.e. reckless), it's
usually a man. Men hang on to the middle lane (aaaargh), or drive
insanely fast, or stick to your bumper. Not things you'll see a woman do
very often.

I'm sorry, but on the road, stereotypes... are more often than not true.

Sas

McGrandpa [AGQx]

Apr 13, 2002, 7:12:36 PM4/13/02

"Sas" <s...@do.not.spam.nl> wrote in message
WHAT?! BABIES?! you have babies and need a babysitter?!#@!
McG.

McGrandpa [AGQx]

Apr 13, 2002, 7:14:58 PM4/13/02

"Sas" <s...@do.not.spam.nl> wrote in message

> "Izzy" <fi...@removethis.ntlworld.com> wrote in message

> > "Sas" <s...@do.not.spam.nl> wrote in message
> > > And the results are in! Read on.....
> > >

> > <snip> >
> > > I don't like coffe. I like tea, although I'm not as much in love
> with it
> > > as you seem to be. But then... I'm not English! ;)
> > >
> > > I only drink coffe when it's about a couple of teaspoons of it in
> > > whole mug full of hot milk, with lots and lots of sugar. It's
called
> > > "koffie verkeerd" in the Netherlands, which means as much as "the
> wrong
> > > way round". The amounts of coffee and milk are, you see?
> > >

> > Sorry to butt in to anothers consiousness and all, but I gor
nostalgic
> when
> > Sas was talking about Dutch coffee.
> >
> > I grew very attached to the 'brown' coffee milk I had while in the
> > Netherlands. (I do hope you know what I'm on about). We don't get
it
> in
> > England. I liked it. That and having mayonnaise with my chips. A
> habit I
> > have retained.
>
> Sorry, I know nothing of brown coffee milk. Or is it more of a beige?
> don't have a clue what other coffee milk looks like though. Because I
> don't drink coffee the regular way, you see.
>
> But YES! Mayo with me chips! Yes! There's nothing better! And we've
> converted you! Haha!
>
> When were you in th Netherlands then? Did you just go to Amsterdam, or
> did you actually see more of the Netherlands? did you like it? If so,
> tell Mustang to go, will ya!
>
> > ....I'm rambling again aren't I?......
>
> Oh, yes, but I like it!
>
> > Izzy

MAYO? -naise....I interpret that last syllable to mean "noisome" or
nasty...like it tastes...
Miracle Whip or NOTHING!!!!
<shudders>
McG.

Bex

Apr 14, 2002, 2:23:00 AM4/14/02
"Sas" wrote:
<snip>

> I'm not saying that women are generally bad drivers. I am also not
> saying that they (sorry: *we*!) *can't* be good drivers. I'm just
> saying, that if there is an annoyance on the road, someone driving
> insanely slowly, or very very hesitantly, it is usually a woman.

I was about to disagree with you, but then I remembered that we almost
crashed not long ago because in front of us, some woman was putting her
lipstick on in her car and not looking where she was going. Grrr.

So yes, you have a point. :-)

-Bex.

Ms T

Apr 14, 2002, 3:19:18 AM4/14/02

"Sas" <s...@do.not.spam.nl> wrote in message

Obviously no one else is following this thread or they'd have been all over
it by now.., and nothing surprises me (nearly) anymore, so if you said you
got a job as an exotic dancer, I'd have believed you. But true, it doesn't
seem to fit with the rest of the Sas I'm getting to know here in agt! ;)

Ms T
--
ever changing calm

Izzy

Apr 14, 2002, 4:46:07 AM4/14/02

"Sas" <s...@do.not.spam.nl> wrote in message

> "Izzy" <fi...@removethis.ntlworld.com> wrote in message
> >
> > "Sas" <s...@do.not.spam.nl> wrote in message

<more snips>

Well, life is back to normal now. Its Sunday morning, and he announced he
was going to have a bath so I asked if I could use the bathroom first. The
reply was, "So long as you open the window and light a match sfterwards!".
I ask you!

Izzy
Good job I'm not easily offended.

Izzy

Apr 14, 2002, 6:25:12 AM4/14/02

"Sas" <s...@do.not.spam.nl> wrote in message

Yes, do post the link. I'd be interested to see. I took photography at
school, before I went to college (dim and distant past). I really enjoyed
developing my own films and prints. Not much more than a keen amateur
after that. I'm sure there is a lot more I could learn.

When I left school I wasn't sure whether to go to art college, or study
dance. Sometimes I wish I'd chosen the other path. I would certainly have
had a longer lasting career out of it. But then, I would have missed out
on some of the great experiences I have had, and I probably wouldn't be
doing the job I do now - which I love.

I have a Minolta X700, which is about 15/16 years old, but it takes great
pictures and I would really miss it if I replaced it.

Izzy

Izzy

Apr 14, 2002, 6:45:56 AM4/14/02

"McGrandpa [AGQx]" <mmccol...@NOThouston.rr.com> wrote in message
Mayonnaise & french fries (chips, to me). Its not so bad is it? What is
Miracle Whip? Sounds like a pudding to me. (not that I'm pudding obsessed
or anything). ;-)

Izzy

Izzy

Apr 14, 2002, 6:49:08 AM4/14/02

> "Bex" <b...@1amber.freeserve.co.uk> wrote in message

<snip>

> I'm a woman, and I'm a great driver.
>
> I'm not saying that women are generally bad drivers. I am also not
> saying that they (sorry: *we*!) *can't* be good drivers. I'm just
> saying, that if there is an annoyance on the road, someone driving
> insanely slowly, or very very hesitantly, it is usually a woman. And I
> say: if you are afraid to drive (and by drive I mean *drrrrrrive*),
> don't. Going eighty on a road where *everyone* does 120 is just
> unhealthy.

I was about to think you were a mad speed maniac until I realised you were
talking kilometres, not miles per hour. Ho ho.

Izzy

Cookiebear

Apr 14, 2002, 8:42:06 AM4/14/02

"Ms T" <anthropoidB...@cox.net> wrote in message

Ooh! Shame on you Ms T! ;-)
But I suppose if you have to ask you have to ask. ;-)

-Cookiebear

Izzy

Apr 14, 2002, 8:22:43 AM4/14/02

"McGrandpa [AGQx]" <mmccol...@NOThouston.rr.com> wrote in message

Funnily enough, if I don't get a babysitter I will get into trouble with
social services, so I tend to comply.

Izzy

Cookiebear

Apr 14, 2002, 8:46:18 AM4/14/02

"McGrandpa [AGQx]" <mmccol...@NOThouston.rr.com> wrote in message

You mean whipped cream on fries? I don't mind mayonnaise on my chips but
whipped cream seems like a different ball game. ;-)
Or is "Miracle Whip" not that? What is this miracle whip of which you
speak! ;-)

-Cookiebear

Cookiebear

Apr 14, 2002, 8:57:26 AM4/14/02

"Ms T" <anthropoidB...@cox.net> wrote in message

Thankyou. ;-)
I despise gender inequality. But to a degree it is rather "hardwired"
into us. So we need to watch it. And keep an eye on it. Especially men,
if not only men.

-Cookiebear

Cookiebear

Apr 14, 2002, 9:05:55 AM4/14/02

"Sas" <s...@do.not.spam.nl> wrote in message

So if we are stereotyping then surely the men should be the ones that
should have the "bad drivers" sign hanging around their necks. As
holding the traffic up for a bit would have to be better than speeding
and killing lot's of people.

-Cookiebear

Sas

Apr 14, 2002, 10:31:43 AM4/14/02

> "Sas" <s...@do.not.spam.nl> wrote in message

<snip>

> > I've got a few pics up on my new site, but I'm still working on
putting
> > more on there. Wil post the link if you're interested.
> >
> > But then, you might also not be, so I'll just wait until asked ;)
> >

> Yes, do post the link. I'd be interested to see. I took photography
at
> school, before I went to college (dim and distant past). I really
enjoyed
> developing my own films and prints. Not much more than a keen amateur
> after that. I'm sure there is a lot more I could learn.

Nothing to learn. I suppose the pics that are up now are rather
particular in style (The title means Photography as poetry, and one of
the poems goes with it. It was the theme of the work I graduated with).
I'm planning to put some portrait shots up next.

Anyway, the URL is www.out-of-focus.nl Easy as peas :) (well, except for
the hyphens, they're a bit fiddly to type, as they're so out-of-the way,
sorry about that! ;))

> When I left school I wasn't sure whether to go to art college, or
study
> dance. Sometimes I wish I'd chosen the other path. I would certainly
have
> had a longer lasting career out of it. But then, I would have missed
out
> on some of the great experiences I have had, and I probably wouldn't
be
> doing the job I do now - which I love.
>
> I have a Minolta X700, which is about 15/16 years old, but it takes
great
> pictures and I would really miss it if I replaced it.

That old Canon I was talking about it about 26 years old (my parents
bought it before my sister was born), and bits of it don't work (battery
light, light meter), but it will still do the job I need it to (take the
picture), so I'm not replcaing it!

The old ones are the best, by the way. Before the time when they started
putting all plastic bits in. The heavier camera's, with all metal bits,
tend to last a lot longer, and are a lot sturdier (although the being
heavier is a bitch sometimes). Besides, if you got a new camera, you'd
have to make it all yours again, just like I suppose this one is now.
You know exactly how it works, what it does, and how it behaves. Why
start over with a new, soulless one??

> Izzy

Sas

McGrandpa [AGQx]

Apr 14, 2002, 10:36:19 AM4/14/02

"Izzy" <fi...@removethis.ntlworld.com> wrote in message
Ah! I also have a Minolta X700! I also have had a whole bunch of
Minoltas which have been passed out to family and friends. XE-5, XG,
X-370 and the best of the whole lot, the TANK of cameras, an old
SRT-101. That one went to my sis and bro-in-law for a wedding present.
A belated wedding present. It isn't just an antique now, it is in
perfect working condition, looks and feels brand new. I taught them how
to care for it and they do.
I have a couple of old Rokkor lenses for my X-700, and a couple off
brand lenses. The best lens is an beat up old pawn shop aquisition, a
Rokkor 135 mm fixed focal length with hood. That one is superb for
portraits. Just have to have a long room! my favorite film is very
difficult to find nowdays. Ecktar 25. The new films simply do not have
the fine resolution of that film. I really do miss it. But to replace
it, I use digital cameras now. No film at all. It's the Best or
Nothing sort of thing. I would dearly love it if someone came up with
like an 8 megapixel digital back for the X-700!!!! Woo would I love it!
Then I really would have control in what I shoot! Manual focus, all
those lenses! Ooohhhh!

Mike

McGrandpa [AGQx]

Apr 14, 2002, 10:39:47 AM4/14/02

"Izzy" <fi...@removethis.ntlworld.com> wrote in message
Next time you are at a grocers, look for the jars of Mayonnaise.
Somewhere close to them, there might be jars of Kraft Miracle Whip
(salad dressing). THAT is a tasty healthy replacement for Mayo. I like
ketchup or chili with my fries! Or cheese.
Mike

McGrandpa [AGQx]

Apr 14, 2002, 10:46:47 AM4/14/02

"Cookiebear" <na...@peeoff.org> wrote in message
Over here, Miracle Whip is called in the commercials, "The Bread
Spread". It is named 'salad dressing', and looks like mayonnaise. It
sure don't taste like it. It's made by Kraft, and I do hope you all can
get that brand over there!!!! Because nobody else makes anything like
it that I've seen. Most of us use it to replace mayonnaise of all
brands, permanently.
Those of us who like Miracle Whip usually cannot stand the taste or feel
of mayonnaise.
Miracle Whip looks and acts just like mayonnaise, but doesn't taste like
it nor does it have that 'oily' feel in the mouth. It does have a
stronger flavor, brighter. Some mayonnaises have lemon in them to
brighten the flavor. Kraft Miracle whip already tastes brighter. Has a
lighter feel, not at all oily/greasy. If you can get Kraft Miracle
Whip, you ought to try a small jar, just to see if you like it. Sure
makes great sandwiches with meats and veggies!!!!
Mike

McGrandpa [AGQx]

Apr 14, 2002, 11:08:31 AM4/14/02

"Izzy" <fi...@removethis.ntlworld.com> wrote in message
Oh, I knew you had babies! That was to play with Sas!!!! Heh!
Like you would run off and leave children unattended in the first place,
NOT!
Mike

McGrandpa [AGQx]

Apr 14, 2002, 11:14:55 AM4/14/02

"Sas" <s...@do.not.spam.nl> wrote in message
Hi Sas!
What do you think about working with a filmless digital camera? One
with enough resolution to print a perfect 10 x 14 ? I know they are
working on getting the "megapixels" up to where 20" x 30" is feasable
now too! Oh! Can't wait!
Mike

Ms T

Apr 14, 2002, 3:16:25 PM4/14/02

"McGrandpa [AGQx]" <mmccol...@NOThouston.rr.com> wrote in message

Wow! At one point I wanted to be a photographer.., but no decent camera to
bring to a class I took one time. So after the first session when the
lessons turned to the settings on the lens (everyone there seemed to have a
very expensive nice camera AND knew what they were doing), I dropped
out since the one I was borrowing was nearly an auto-focus type.., My
grandmother gave her Konica Autoreflex T3 camera with all the lenses
and I've taken some wonderful pictures with it. However I've wasted more
shots than not with it
too! ;)

End of TMI session.

~t

Ms T

Apr 14, 2002, 3:28:49 PM4/14/02

"Izzy" <fi...@removethis.ntlworld.com> wrote in message

> "McGrandpa [AGQx]" <mmccol...@NOThouston.rr.com> wrote in message
> >
> > "Sas" <s...@do.not.spam.nl> wrote in message
> > >
> > > "Izzy" <fi...@removethis.ntlworld.com> wrote in message

<cut>

> > > Oh, yes, but I like it!

> > MAYO? -naise....I interpret that last syllable to mean "noisome" or
> > nasty...like it tastes...
> > Miracle Whip or NOTHING!!!!
> > <shudders>
> > McG.
> >

> Mayonnaise & french fries (chips, to me). Its not so bad is it? What is
> Miracle Whip? Sounds like a pudding to me. (not that I'm pudding
obsessed
> or anything). ;-)
>
> Izzy

French fries and most any condiment but Catsup.., Mustard is my favorite,
but ranch dressing, Miracle Whip or mayonnaise.., and a left over from my
teenaged "altered" herb-intake days: French Fries dipped in chocolate
shake..,

~t
(TMI day)

Izzy

Apr 14, 2002, 3:06:57 PM4/14/02

"Sas" <s...@do.not.spam.nl> wrote in message

Exactly! I have history with this camera. It went to college with me,
Soviet Russia, on honeymoon to Italy, and took portraits of my daughters
when they were born. It's an old friend. And is has only broken down once
in the 16 yrs I have owned it.

Izzy

Izzy

Apr 14, 2002, 3:13:17 PM4/14/02

"McGrandpa [AGQx]" <mmccol...@NOThouston.rr.com> wrote in message

Sometimes it's tempting....

Izzy

Sas

Apr 14, 2002, 5:37:21 PM4/14/02

"McGrandpa [AGQx]" <mmccol...@NOThouston.rr.com> wrote in message

Hey babe! Good to have you back!

And yeah <rubs over tummy> I've got *lots* of 'em!

Sas
-- just screwing with yer mind, just screwing with yer mind... ;)

Sas

Apr 14, 2002, 5:43:40 PM4/14/02

> Hi Sas!
> What do you think about working with a filmless digital camera? One
> with enough resolution to print a perfect 10 x 14 ? I know they are
> working on getting the "megapixels" up to where 20" x 30" is feasable
> now too! Oh! Can't wait!
> Mike

Digital camera's are fine for snapshots... And perhaps for things where
quality doesn't matter so much. Like newspapers, or magazines. If time
is a factor, or quality isn't, then it will do just fine.

For serious photographs, I prefer the real thing. Nothing beats film!

With digital cameras these days it's the same as with computers. There's
a newer, better model out each week. While a good (old fashioned) camera
will never go out of style. It's always good!

Sas

Sas

Apr 14, 2002, 5:46:24 PM4/14/02

> So if we are stereotyping then surely the men should be the ones that
> should have the "bad drivers" sign hanging around their necks. As
> holding the traffic up for a bit would have to be better than speeding
> and killing lot's of people.
>
> -Cookiebear

Anyone can be a bad driver....

Sas

Sas

Apr 14, 2002, 5:49:43 PM4/14/02

> Thankyou. ;-)
> I despise gender inequality. But to a degree it is rather "hardwired"
> into us. So we need to watch it. And keep an eye on it. Especially
men,
> if not only men.
>

> -Cookiebear

Heeheee, you talking to me?

I don't believe all the things I spouted out yesterday for 100%. In
part, I was trying to stir the pot to see what would happen if I (as a
woman) were to say things like that. Some part of me agrees with the
things I said, yes, but there's also a part that's more sensibe, and
that agrees with you.

And that may sound like a contradiction, but it's merely a paradox :)

Sas

Ms T

Apr 14, 2002, 6:16:34 PM4/14/02

"Sas" <s...@do.not.spam.nl> wrote in message

That's what I adore about you Sas.., you're a constant paradox.., you
applying to be an exotic dancer and all! ;)

xoxo

~t

Mustang

Apr 14, 2002, 7:29:01 PM4/14/02
Izzy <fi...@removethis.ntlworld.com> wrote:
> "McGrandpa [AGQx]" <mmccol...@NOThouston.rr.com> wrote in message
>>>
>> WHAT?! BABIES?! you have babies and need a babysitter?!#@!
>> McG.
>
> Funnily enough, if I don't get a babysitter I will get into trouble with
> social services, so I tend to comply.
>
> Izzy

What, if you go out and leave the babies alone, they call the social
services?!?! Whoa, smart kids ;-)

-Mustang Silver

Mustang

Apr 14, 2002, 7:43:31 PM4/14/02
Izzy <fi...@removethis.ntlworld.com> wrote:

> Mustang, you're making yourself sound like a hermit. That and the fact
> you've had curry twice!

I'm rather surprised you remembered that! Oh well <blush> ;)

> I really believe its good for British people to visit other countries and
> experience other cultures. Obviously excluded from this concept is going
> to Benidorm for a week and eating and drinking in 'English' pubs, with
> your English mates.

Yes, I know, and that's really *not* what I want to do. I found beach
holidays with my parents to be kind of pointless when I went along on those
a few times in the past. Although there were occasion high points, to beat
being on the beach all day (my parents like cooking themselves :) ).

As for other cultures and things, I've basically grown up around everything
English - meals, friends, everything. Nothing much around relating to
anything foreign in any way. It's not my damn fault :)

> I'd travel more now if I got the chance, but now I have kids its harder to
> up and off (and more expensive). Travelling on your own is not too bad -
> I've done it a few times, and I would consider myself quite a cautious
> person. I'm very good at wanting to do stuff, but very bad at getting
> round to it. But I must say that getting round to seeing more of the
> world (and there is quite a lot I haven't seen) is one of my better
> decisions.
>
> Izzy

Well, I'm going to have to ask out of interest - where've you been?

I think travelling on my own would be... a bit strange. I wouldn't quite
know where to go when I got to a place, or what to do. With a friend, you
can, see some things, then go have a drink, or a meal, or whatever. On your
own, you can just walk about and see things and go back again :) I guess
I'm wrong, but I don't know.

If I get time and feel like it during a coming weekend, I might just hop on
a train to London or something, and go get lost wandering around on my own.
I have no idea, it's just a thought, but I want to go somewhere, LOL! Of
course, I'd have to clear the obstacle that is successfully making the train
journey, first ;)

-Mustang Silver

Mustang

Apr 14, 2002, 7:57:11 PM4/14/02
Bex <b...@1amber.freeserve.co.uk> wrote:
> Here's a true story:
>
> I am learning to drive, and when I told the insurance company I was a
> musician and web developer my insurance fee doubled. I put the phone
> down and then phoned them back, and said I was a housewife. The fee
> halved. Now tell me - why does the fact that I write music and do web
> sites make my insurance higher???!!! Apparently, to quote the guy at the
> end of the phone "musicians are more likely to take drugs and crash".
> Um.. yeah. Whatever.

I think I knew it was lower for married people, and I guess they got the
wrong idea with 'musician', too. Rather pants that it comes to that.

> Anyway, getting back on topic: Women's insurance in the UK is generally
> LESS than a man's due to the lower rate of accidents. Tells ya something
> I guess. ;-)
>
> -Bex.

Well, I'm not saying this to be annoying or sexist, but in some cases I
expect it's women that cause the accident! I tend to joke about women
drivers a lot, although I don't mean it. But I've seen women do far more
stupid things than I have men, I will say. I've seen far more men being
complete idiots, too. Having said that, some people I've been with do drive
a bit too fast, but they're also rather experienced, and aren't being a
danger as such, and I don't feel like they're going way too fast. And in my
opinion, a faster driver that's in control is much safer than a slower,
hesitant dawdler, who's quite timid and 'scared' when driving.

But then, I don't advocate fast driving, because I don't really like it.
It's just that I feel safer with some faster, more experienced people than I
do with more cautious, less experienced ones. It's a confidence thing, I
reckon. And men *tend* to be a little better with that, I think. It's just
that some get too over-confident and become 'arseholes' :-) Some women are
too... 'nervous', and get in a pickle easily. But then I know some good
female drivers too, and they're probably better than most men.

-Mustang Silver

Mustang

Apr 14, 2002, 8:19:34 PM4/14/02
Sas <s...@do.not.spam.nl> wrote:

> My point wasn't about "unsafe" (as in reckless) driving. It's just
> about... not having any guts. If someone is totally holding up all
> traffic with some stupid stunt, it is either a. a woman or b. an older
> person (say over 70)...
>
> (And when it's an older person it is in 99% percent of the cases a man,
> because older women *never* drive, but that's a whole different matter)

I agree. Old people are major problems, I think. And some women are the
same. And some men are completely opposite, going too quick, like idiots.

> I'm a great driver.
>
> I'm a woman, and I'm a great driver.

Ooh, modesty? ;)

> I'm not saying that women are generally bad drivers. I am also not
> saying that they (sorry: *we*!) *can't* be good drivers. I'm just
> saying, that if there is an annoyance on the road, someone driving
> insanely slowly, or very very hesitantly, it is usually a woman. And I
> say: if you are afraid to drive (and by drive I mean *drrrrrrive*),
> don't. Going eighty on a road where *everyone* does 120 is just
> unhealthy.

Well, I shall butt in with my trivial example now :) (That, and too much
information! ;) )

I went go-karting today, as a couple of you will know. I was a newbie, and I
*think* I was the only one. There was a woman on my team, and although I
guess she'd been before, I'm not quite sure. It's was an endurance thing,
with teams, and driver changes mid-race, etc. On my very first lap, I
rather scared myself, going rather fast. 39 second lap - the pace was 35/36
seconds (and I had to accelerate out of the pits, do note!). I really was
crapping myself, because I was going so bloody quickly and sliding all over
the place like a lunatic - I may as well have been out-of-control :) And
I'm quite a sensible person, but I took the guy's advice about when to floor
it (nearly all the time), and it just... *worked*. Now, when this woman went
out, she literally trundled round for the first couple of laps, hardly
touching the accelerator for any corners. It took her 58 seconds on the
first time round, so... compare that to mine. Her quickest time was 39
seconds - that of my first *ever* lap (although I was trying to go too quick
for my first go, really, but somehow got round anyway!). And I'm really not
a suicidal person, although I thought I might die for the first five minutes
of racing ;)

She was older than me (perhaps 30), and she drives (I don't, although
go-karting is quite different I am sure!), but she was.... well... quite
hopeless, to be cruel but honest. I think she was the only woman there, and
the slowest person by a good way. She was just cautious and not hugely
confident in herself, I don't think. Not all women are like that, of course.
And I'm sure some men lack confidence too.

So, there's my wonderful <ahem> insight and story. Never planned to tell you
all, but it kinds of fits in. Maybe :)

-Mustang Silver

Arthur Green

Apr 14, 2002, 8:20:11 PM4/14/02
On Sun, 14 Apr 2002 16:31:43 +0200, "Sas" <s...@do.not.spam.nl> wrote:
[ ... excision ... ]

>The old ones are the best, by the way. Before the time when they started
>putting all plastic bits in. The heavier camera's, with all metal bits,
>tend to last a lot longer, and are a lot sturdier (although the being
>heavier is a bitch sometimes). Besides, if you got a new camera, you'd
>have to make it all yours again, just like I suppose this one is now.
>You know exactly how it works, what it does, and how it behaves. Why
>start over with a new, soulless one??

Heh. I've been on the lookout for a camera for about 3 years. It has
to be: (a) small enough to fit in a shirt pocket; (b) zoom (preferably
28-80mm or so, although longer would be useful); (c) robust enough
that it can survive a rock-climbing trip unscathed; (d) light enough
that I can shoot one-handed with it; (e) weatherproof (it rains a lot
here); (f) cheap enough that I can afford it. I'm not sure such a
camera exists ... right now I'm filling in with a dinky little Olympus
Mju Zoom. One of these days I'll post some climbing pictures ...

--

- AG

It is loading more messages.