Tomb Raider 2013 - Violence Fest?

JJ (UK)

May 28, 2013, 3:26:26 PM5/28/13
I've loved, and played, all of the previous Tomb Raider editions, only one
of which I never finished (because of the game engine's habit of
re-orientating the camera while I'm in the middle of a multi-jump sequence -
which just got too annoying).

I was looking forward to this new version, but then I saw the trailers, and
have seen more since the release date, and my enthusiasm has taken a
cliff-face drop.

It just looks like a different, but grubbier, version of Far Cry, inhabited
by ultra-violent thugs and lacking the beautiful and mysterious abandoned
remote locations.

Of course the other versions had thugs, but they were James Bond style
thugs, rather than more 'real life' utterly brutal thugs.

Have I got the wrong impression? Is there still plenty of the 'Boys Own
Adventure', um, adventuring or is it just a modern day horror story?

JJ (UK)

Mark A

May 29, 2013, 3:29:03 AM5/29/13
"JJ (UK)" wrote:

> Have I got the wrong impression?

Much worse than that, it's choc full of crappy quick time
events that really ruin the game. Graphically it's
superb, but the reliance on so many QTEs just destroys
it.

Regards

Mark

JJ (UK)

Jun 2, 2013, 4:45:33 PM6/2/13
Thanks.

Bizarre isn't it, how some games companies try so hard to impress that they
forget about the core elements of previous games that made them so good
(another example: the Thief series)

JJ (UK)

"Mark A" <m.annett...@notthereanymore.com> wrote in message

JJ (UK)

Dec 7, 2013, 8:02:48 PM12/7/13
Just finished it.

My thoughts: It is very violent. Where are the tombs? It's very violent.
It's pretty short. It's violent.

I enjoyed it but...it wasn't very Tomb Raiderish.

JJ (UK)

"JJ (UK)" <som...@youfools.com> wrote in message

McG.

May 23, 2015, 12:52:24 PM5/23/15
They are attracting the Pro Sports Gamers crowd, remember?
McG.