TR3 Madubu Gorge puzzle

Gordon Freeman

Feb 24, 2015, 10:12:31 PM2/24/15
I've just been playing the South Sea levels of TR3 and am intrigued by the
white water gorge and whether it can be done on foot rather than kayak,
rather like the Tibet section of TR2 which can be done on foot instead of
using the snowmobile.

The furthest down you naturally get on foot is to a rock bridge with a save
crytal on it (reached via a wooden bridge), and from this rock bridge you
can see a pool below bounded by stone pillars with swinging blades.

My investigations (using fly mode) have revealed that this pool is safe
water and Lara can survive diving into the deeper part, and then clamber
out via wadable water onto the pillars. The trouble is the portion of water
nearest to the rock brdige is only wadeable not divable, and when I try to
dive into the pool from the rock bridge I always fall short of the deep
water by about 50cm so Lara craters. I am so close that I think it must be
possible but can't figure it out. I tried jumping via sloping blocks at the
sides but still fall short as she loses momentum or rebounds at the wrong
angle. If this jump were possible it raises the tantalising possibility of
the whole gorge being navigable on foot, as there is only one further
section before you get to the highest part that she ascends to on foot from
below.