Bad Days...Very Bad Days

Ancalagon

Oct 27, 2000, 2:31:26 AM10/27/00
from : http://www.ironcrown.com

Dear Folks,

I regret to say that, after 20+ years and after having published hundreds of
adventure game products, Iron Crown Enterprises is closing its doors. We
have filed a voluntary petition in the United States Bankruptcy Court
pursuant to Chapter 7 of Title 7 of the United States Code, which governs
the liquidation of companies. We are converting our Chapter 11 petition to a
Chapter 7. We are beginning steps toward dissolution.

We enter this termination period with great sadness. At the same time, we
are very proud of our work, of the people we have trained and nurtured, and
of the many rich experiences and friendships we have been blessed to
receive. We are especially proud of having such a great group of loyal
customers. All of us have been honored to serve the adventure game market
with what have usually been labors of real love. While we have often been
financially poor, we have always been enriched by our trade. Thank you for
letting us serve you.

We have created some of the best and most durable games around. These
designs will outlive ICE. Others will pick up the torch, refine them, and
make them their own. Our legacy will be in good hands. which are those of
the consumer.

ICE's assets will now be in the hands of a bankruptcy trustee, probably one
of two local, independent attorneys who specialize in corporate
dissolutions. The trustee will receive his appointment within the next week.
He will then assess the scenario, value the assets, catalog the debts, and
determine their own plan for selling off our property and satisfying our
obligations. Our building is already sold. Closing is 1 December. We made a
tidy profit. Still, there are many, many more debts to pay. It is up to the
trustee how to prioritize and pay them. The trustee will attempt to sell the
entire company, as a whole or in parts, whichever method brings the best
price.

All of us at ICE are very sorry. We hoped to serve you through our children
and children's children. This is not to be. Instead, we will move on. We
will let others fulfill the needs we have addressed these last two splendid
decades.

Again, for all of us at ICE-Coleman, Bruce, Heike, Don, Jason, Steve,
Howard, Bob, and the rest of the team, we thank you and wish you well. So
long.

-Pete Fenlon

Slapshot

Oct 27, 2000, 1:33:02 PM10/27/00
No surprise here really. They made a bad showing at GAMA, and losing the
MERP license in 98' was a certian death knell for I.C.E.
It will be sad to see them go, but I am much more interested as to who will
grab the license now.

Big rumor is WotC, guess we shall see (By next summer at the latest).

Ancalagon <ancalagontb_...@yahoo.com> wrote in message