god mode for thief dark project????

dakota

Mar 9, 2000, 3:00:00 AM3/9/00
does anyone have or know where i can find this cheat code?

Kevin Goodsell

Mar 10, 2000, 3:00:00 AM3/10/00
You can't. It doesn't exist. Not as a cheat code anyway. I happen to know a
method of achieveing invulnerability in Thief (without the use of third
party "trainers"), but it's complicated.

-Kevin

Merrick

Mar 11, 2000, 3:00:00 AM3/11/00
> You can't. It doesn't exist. Not as a cheat code anyway. I happen to know
> method of achieveing invulnerability in Thief (without the use of third
> party "trainers"), but it's complicated.

So please, enlighten us.

Kevin Goodsell

Mar 11, 2000, 3:00:00 AM3/11/00
You really want to hear it? .... I'm not sure I really want to type it.

Alright, the simple version. Bring up the console. Use the command
"script_drop missnn.osm" where missnn.osm is the script file for the current
mission. The script file names go like this:

Training - miss01.osm
Baffords - miss02.osm
Cragscleft - miss03.osm
Cathedral - miss07.osm
Lost City - miss09.osm (note that 8 is skipped)
Maw of Chaos - miss14.osm

The missions I skipped (...) just go sequentially, excluding the Thief Gold
missions, which (I'm guessing) are:

Thieve's Guild - Not sure, but I'm guessing convict.osm
Mages - miss16.osm
Song - convict.osm again?

The ones that seem to use convict might not work.

Anyway, after you drop the script file, allow yourself to be killed. You
won't actually die, but you can't do much, either. Completing objectives
won't work. In fact, you might find it impossible to finish the level if you
complete an objective after dropping the script file.

The next thing to do is reload the script file. In the console, use
"script_load missnn.osm". Now continue on your merry way.

Note that very odd things can happen while the scripts are unloaded. Arrows
bounce, for example. Once when I used this in the Maw, the floaters stopped
working. Anyway, use at your own risk. I haven't tried it in Thief Gold
either, but the principles are the same so it should work.

-Kevin

David Jenkins

Mar 12, 2000, 3:00:00 AM3/12/00
On Sat, 11 Mar 2000, at 22:42:38, Kevin Goodsell
<good...@bridgernet.com> used up 48 lines writing this

>Alright, the simple version. Bring up the console. Use the command
>"script_drop missnn.osm" where missnn.osm is the script file for the current

I've seen this console mention a couple of days ago, I've never seen it
referenced anywhere else than in here over the last 2 days.
How do we bring up the console??

--
David Jenkins

Kevin Goodsell

Mar 12, 2000, 3:00:00 AM3/12/00
The colon key ':' opens the console, but only if you've either installed
DromEd or edited the key bind file. To quote an email I got from iCEE:

the bind is: bind x "edit_command", where x is the key you want
to bind the console to.

Usually ':' is used for x (at least, that's what is used by DromEd).

-Kevin

slay...@gmail.com

Sep 9, 2014, 8:54:21 PM9/9/14
you'll need to edit the user file first though :D the keybind for editing

Schipunov

Dec 9, 2021, 8:51:55 AM12/9/21
10 Eylül 2014 Çarşamba tarihinde saat 03:54:21 UTC+3 itibarıyla slay...@gmail.com şunları yazdı:
> you'll need to edit the user file first though :D the keybind for editing

I hope they appreciate the response 14 years later :D